Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

League of Legends

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Re: League of Legends

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Iron
Two reasons, apparently: one, he has pretty much just the one playstyle: long range bombardment on a medium/short cooldown, which gets boring. Two, they think he's secret OP - too powerful (especially in lane), but not currently one of the main viable meta picks because he's not a supermobile assassin. They're adding more skill into his kit but keeping the same style of play, so hopefully it won't be too different if you're getting attached to him. Still super long range (possibly longer range?) with charge-up times and all that.
Speaking of champs with one playstyle, what about Pantheon? Is there more ways to play him other than AD with the Q+W+E+Q combo? Still funny to see people not noticing his ult in the middle of a teamfight until the drop.

Random thought, is there a champ where building mostly Attack Speed is viable? I mean it's hilarious to go Fist of the North Star as Vi, but is largely ineffective in pvp, as I found out when I first played her.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:18 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Random thought, is there a champ where building mostly Attack Speed is viable? I mean it's hilarious to go Fist of the North Star as Vi, but is largely ineffective in pvp, as I found out when I first played her.
I think Kog'Maw is one of those champs. I'm not completely sure though.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Pure AS champs have a hard time, often, because needing to constantly hit someone generally means that your DPS drops dramatically upon being CC'd - also, you get very few tanky stats from AS items, and generally speaking if you've got over 1.5 AS or so you're generally better off getting some crit and stuff. That said, some champs have built-in scaling with AS that makes doubling down on it very nice for various parts of the game (generally not lategame, when full-build ADCs start to really shine). Machine gun Lulu is a classic example, Kog'maw can do it, I've seen AS Diana builds... Korean Vayne for a time involved building BotRK, Phantom Dancer, AND Shiv, resulting in a brutally fast (both attack-wise and movespeed-wise) champ that could shred through health/armor stackers (though this made her more niche, I think). I saw an Aatrox build a guinsoo's rageblade once in the pro scene, but this may have been for shits and giggles since they were already stomping.

Speaking of Aatrox, I had a very fun lane against a Renekton today. Mostly was even except when ganks happened - their Darius was bad but hellishly lucky at getting counterganks off at exactly the right times. Aatrox is a champ that gets a lot of free AS from his passive, so you generally don't build much on him apart from what you get from BotRK (which is pretty core). Jinx is another champ who barely ever builds AS because of how much her gatling gun gives her for free - sort of the opposite of an on-hit build (she actually scales stupid well with crit and AD because of those rockets).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:53 am

I just tested out Nunu with an experimental build. He's quite a nasty jungler with a Lich Bane.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:13 am

Hmm, I almost wonder about Nashor's Tooth with him, if you're going for a build weaving auto-attacks in with high magic damage. He doesn't have a great many spells to proc lich bane with, so it might be more cost efficient to go Nashor's instead, especially since it synergizes well with his blood boil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:26 am

That's a good point, actuallly. I had thought about Nashor's Tooth before, but I wasn't entirely sure. What do you think of using Wit's End with him? It seems like a good thing to use for him, since it synergizes well with his passive and his tank role.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:47 am

@Iron
TBH I think if you're going for both damage and tankiness, you probably can't afford to do anything but an abyssal and MAYBE a deathcap - getting an AS/AP item probably just isn't efficient (though if you can figure out a way to make that cooldown reduction cap you just right on Nashor's... still probably not). Wit's End isn't really an item I see much around these days (nor is Nashor's, really) so I can't say how good it is for Nunu, or anyone really.

Anyway, point is that if you're going for a Nashor's Nunu, you probably can't expect to be very tanky. Spirit Visage would be a good defensive item choice, of course, and a zhonya's might serve for armor/AP (alternatively, can't go wrong with Randuin's).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:59 am

Thank's, I'll keep that in mind. About Wit's End, I've only heard of it being used on Cho'Gath since he's a tank who deals terrible, terrible damage.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 am

Just won 4 PvP games in a row as a Jungler. I used Hecarim for three, and Cho'Gath for one. It was a little confusing at times, because I did my thing of muting everyone except my friends, and people kept using the wrong pings. I didn't know what the hell they were trying to tell me.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Just won 4 PvP games in a row as a Jungler. I used Hecarim for three, and Cho'Gath for one. It was a little confusing at times, because I did my thing of muting everyone except my friends, and people kept using the wrong pings. I didn't know what the hell they were trying to tell me.
Iron you should enable chat for your team. Regardless of assholery it is the only place of context.

I had a very good game tonight meanwhile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4fqsplhyypt1k4/Screenshot%202014-02-01%2017.24.46.png
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
Iron you should enable chat for your team. Regardless of assholery it is the only place of context.

Not happening. When I get upset it causes even more issues with my thinking. Emotional distress is not something I need when I just want to play a game. It can sometimes take over an hour to get rid of those feelings. The only people I don't mute are friends, who I know will actually be nice.

Regardless, I'm glad that you had a good game.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content