Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@StringTheory
Google is your friend
right I keep forgetting you can reverse search an image now

have more fan-art:
Spoiler:

source
avatar
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Posts : 2097
Brohoof! : 97
Join date : 2012-05-13
Age : 22
Location : Amherst, MA

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

I dig that artist. One of the few that seems to understand that the characters at this point are scraggly, scarred, waify and beat the fuck up. Colour pencil art is the best. :D
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

stringtheory wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@StringTheory
Google is your friend
right I keep forgetting you can reverse search an image now

have more fan-art:
Spoiler:

source
And this is why dead ponies should stay dead.

"She was raped by an entire raider gang, killed a room full of foals, and died in one of the worst ways imaginable as her body slowly broke down from taint and radiation...WE SHOULD BRING HER BACK TO LIFE!"

Yes, I do have serious issues with Glory's logic at this point.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:*Video*

And that children is what happens to Admins.
*Iron Fury snips picture of hot mare*

Is that so?

I am destruction incarnate!

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:*Video*

And that children is what happens to Admins.
*Iron Fury snips picture of hot mare*

Is that so?

I am destruction incarnate!
Oh rea-
...
...
Ironmonger wrote:*Iron Fury snips picture of hot mare*
Ironmonger wrote:picture of hot mare
Ironmonger wrote:hot mare
YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY MARE!

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@StringTheory
Google is your friend
right I keep forgetting you can reverse search an image now

have more fan-art:
Spoiler:

source
And this is why dead ponies should stay dead.

"She was raped by an entire raider gang, killed a room full of foals, and died in one of the worst ways imaginable as her body slowly broke down from taint and radiation...WE SHOULD BRING HER BACK TO LIFE!"

Yes, I do have serious issues with Glory's logic at this point.

Oooh, controversial.

While I disagree because STORY, you can argue that it's nature to want to do everything to save the ones you love. She was .00000000001% living at that point and with Rampage's nervous system, there was hope and a way to save her, so they did. When you look at everything that's happened since, even with all the negatives, it was worth keeping her around, even for herself.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Oh rea-
...
...
Ironmonger wrote:*Iron Fury snips picture of hot mare*
Ironmonger wrote:picture of hot mare
Ironmonger wrote:hot mare
YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY MARE!

You can tell me that and I'll listen. I aint so sure about my mare-chasing terracorn Germane OC. *evil grin*

EDIT: DERP.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:26 pm

That is true, it ended up being a good thing she stayed around, but they couldn't have known that ahead of time, so it was a pretty dumb choice for them to have made like that.

Also, it really conflicts with my beliefs on death, because if your time has come then that's it, it's over. Giving one pony a second chance to live like that is incredibly selfish, and I'm pretty sure the other ponies living around Hoofington might be slightly pissed off that Security was saved when their loved ones all stay dead.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Call me a bastard but I thought it was a good idea bringing Blackjack back. Yes it may have been selfish, but when there is a tool/engine around that can perform a really important job, in this case fixing up Hoofington either directly or by proxy, you keep that damn tool around.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 pm

When you already have a team of badasses that could clean up Hoofington after BJ is gone, it wasn't actually necessary. Yes, you could say that Glory, P21, Rampage and them would have broken apart without her, but I doubt it. They've been through a lot together, so I doubt they would just drift apart because BJ died, if anything I would anticipate them wanting to keep her memory alive by continuing on for her.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 pm

CamoBadger wrote:That is true, it ended up being a good thing she stayed around, but they couldn't have known that ahead of time, so it was a pretty dumb choice for them to have made like that.

Also, it really conflicts with my beliefs on death, because if your time has come then that's it, it's over. Giving one pony a second chance to live like that is incredibly selfish, and I'm pretty sure the other ponies living around Hoofington might be slightly pissed off that Security was saved when their loved ones all stay dead.

And ain't that why Blackjack was feeling guilty that first bit after being essentially resurrected? The thing is, no other character so far could have as much as impact on Hoofington as Blackjack. Had any other character mentioned been revived, they probably wouldn't do the crazy things Blackjack does to try and save the Hoof, and thus Harbingers would essentially steamroll everything. And losing Blackjack means that the whole party gets bad endings. I'm sure some resent her having a second chance, but then again it's most likely due to her that they actually have a chance to resent her.
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:38 pm

*russian accent* Hmm...Admin make good point...maybe...*sniff*...maybe...

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 pm

CamoBadger wrote:When you already have a team of badasses that could
clean up Hoofington after BJ is gone, it wasn't actually necessary. Yes,
you could say that Glory, P21, Rampage and them would have broken apart
without her, but I doubt it. They've been through a lot together, so I
doubt they would just drift apart because BJ died, if anything I would
anticipate them wanting to keep her memory alive by continuing on for
her.

Not necessarily. Especially since P-21 would still have to deal with his addiction and the daughter thing a that point. If Blackjack hadn't confronted him about that the rest wouldn't have done anything about it. Or else why not deal with it themselves even if Blackjack was still around. Not sure about the psyche of Glory, but methinks losing Blackjack permanently would have set her over the edge, since she lost pretty much everything she cared for.
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:44 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:When you already have a team of badasses that could
clean up Hoofington after BJ is gone, it wasn't actually necessary. Yes,
you could say that Glory, P21, Rampage and them would have broken apart
without her, but I doubt it. They've been through a lot together, so I
doubt they would just drift apart because BJ died, if anything I would
anticipate them wanting to keep her memory alive by continuing on for
her.

Not necessarily. Especially since P-21 would still have to deal with his addiction and the daughter thing a that point. If Blackjack hadn't confronted him about that the rest wouldn't have done anything about it. Or else why not deal with it themselves even if Blackjack was still around.
Because as long as she's around they know that she'll lead them and do things herself. If she was gone, they wouldn't have that option and would have to adapt. And as for the daughter thing, so what if he doesn't talk to Scotch about it? He didn't seem to care much about it, the only reason that he started to was because BJ brought it up and tried to convince him he should care about Scotch.

And I'm pretty sure that Rampage could help him with that addiction, she's a tad of an expert on that sort of thing.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Blackjack being stupid is what's saving the world. Smart ponies can't do what she does.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Blackjack being stupid is what's saving the world. Smart ponies can't do what she does.

In other words she doesn't have the same mental restraints holding her back...at least that's how I understand this. I'm TakingALevelInSmart lately. Big mac

EDIT: Motherfucking downvoter...*grinds teeth*

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:When you already have a team of badasses that could
clean up Hoofington after BJ is gone, it wasn't actually necessary. Yes,
you could say that Glory, P21, Rampage and them would have broken apart
without her, but I doubt it. They've been through a lot together, so I
doubt they would just drift apart because BJ died, if anything I would
anticipate them wanting to keep her memory alive by continuing on for
her.

Not necessarily. Especially since P-21 would still have to deal with his addiction and the daughter thing a that point. If Blackjack hadn't confronted him about that the rest wouldn't have done anything about it. Or else why not deal with it themselves even if Blackjack was still around.
Because as long as she's around they know that she'll lead them and do things herself. If she was gone, they wouldn't have that option and would have to adapt. And as for the daughter thing, so what if he doesn't talk to Scotch about it? He didn't seem to care much about it, the only reason that he started to was because BJ brought it up and tried to convince him he should care about Scotch.

And I'm pretty sure that Rampage could help him with that addiction, she's a tad of an expert on that sort of thing.

All I see is a bad end for Scotch in this alternate universe. Holes in her memories, and with no one caring for her, pretty sure the Angel would be going after her. With Scotch dead, that would add some more emotional toll to P-21. And as for Rampage helping, would she? Especially if the above scenario occurred?
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 pm

And lucky, you forgot lucky.

But yes, she does stupid stuff her enemies don't expect and that helps her alot, but I think that the rest of the group could figure stuff out with her gone. First off, Rampage can't die, and she's never seemed to give two craps about being shot, chewed on, lasered, shot again, etc. so I think she might be able to make more of a difference than you think, along with Glory, P21 and Scotch to keep her in line.

Second, Glory would be devestated at first, but eventually I think she would start to keep up BJ's memory by continuing what she started and doing everything she could to try and make BJ proud.

P21 would probably just get pissed off and kill raiders left and right, and surprisingly not bitch and moan about doing it, which I wouldn't mind at all.

And Scotch would still be mentally scarred by BJ messing with her brain and never talk with P21 about being her dad. So she might be in a shittier place, and then Rampage would probably try to kill her, which might finally get P21 to put on his daddy pants to save his daughter. The two form a stronger relationship.

And all together the team kills bad guys WITHOUT whining about killing them. (Yes, that is a big issue I have with BJ)

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:*Video*

And that children is what happens to Admins.

You forgot two commas. It should be "And that, children, is what happens to Admins".

(/potshot)
(/heilgrammar)

Spike

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:*Video*

And that children is what happens to Admins.

You forgot two commas. It should be "And that, children, is what happens to Admins".

(/potshot)
(/heilgrammar)

Spike

"Go to heil." -Excerpt from a conversation one day between Ironmonger and Frost

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Meanwhile, I come back from a one-day absence and find we've had Iron going Fez-Mode again, a brief discussion on R34, and a long discussion on bringing BJ back to life.

If I were making the decision, I wouldn't have brought her back. Yes, you've lost a huge resource, but utter reliance on one pony or a group of ponies is why the world is like it is come FoE-time. When everyone stands up is when salvation comes. Each must be their own savior.
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

I gotta keep thinking, except for PLOT, how the hell has no one discovered anything about Goldenblood/OIA before. Lotta shit been laying around for 200 years. Not to mention all the guns and vital healing potions.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am

Because only Stable Dwellers and their current/future companions are allowed to touch memory orbs and old terminals, nobody else can even see them. Yet they all still know about them and what they do...

Also, I don't think anyone in the Wasteland could give less of a crap about pre-Wasteland Equestria. Not like if they watch a memory orb it will magically make their lives better somehow...
hell, even the ones that FOE protagonists look into do anything more than give background on places, ponies, etc. and then cause depression for a few days.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

Mister Frost wrote: Iron going Fez-Mode


Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 am

Oh duh, it makes sense that only stabley folk would give a shit about what happened, instead of someone born into festering poverty just doign what they can to survive.

FoE is about class warfare and the ignorant bourgeois claiming superiour right over the proles.

The Murk shall inherit the Earth
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Frost on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 am

Caoimhe wrote:FoE is about class warfare and the ignorant bourgeois claiming superiour right over the proles.

The Murk shall inherit the Earth

We gettin' political up in this bitch
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am

Caoimhe wrote:Oh duh, it makes sense that only stabley folk would give a shit about what happened, instead of someone born into festering poverty just doign what they can to survive.

FoE is about class warfare and the ignorant bourgeois claiming superiour right over the proles.

The Murk shall inherit the Earth

Don't forget about communism. Damn Stalliongradese...

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 am

And it looks like the thread fissioned while I was replying. Porting over, so sorry for the poor formatting.

Caoimhe wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
And this is why dead ponies should stay dead.

"She was raped by an entire raider gang, killed a room full of foals, and died in one of the worst ways imaginable as her body slowly broke down from taint and radiation...WE SHOULD BRING HER BACK TO LIFE!"

Yes, I do have serious issues with Glory's logic at this point.

Oooh, controversial.

While I disagree because STORY, you can argue that it's nature to want to do everything to save the ones you love. She was .00000000001% living at that point and with Rampage's nervous system, there was hope and a way to save her, so they did. When you look at everything that's happened since, even with all the negatives, it was worth keeping her around, even for herself.

I'm with you here. It's also worth noting that Glory was perhaps the
strongest believer that life always should have a chance to go on, even
if the costs are high and there's a high probability the person would
never really recover--she was the vote in favor of not killing the room full of foals, after all.

CamoBadger wrote:That is true, it ended up being a good thing she stayed around, but they couldn't have known that ahead of time, so it was a pretty dumb choice for them to have made like that.

Also, it really conflicts with my beliefs on death, because if your time has come then that's it, it's over. Giving one pony a second chance to live like that is incredibly selfish, and I'm pretty sure the other ponies living around Hoofington might be slightly pissed off that Security was saved when their loved ones all stay dead.

I'm afraid I can't jump on board that fatalism train. While there is
much to be said for dying with dignity, at the time of one's choosing.
But on the other hand, I do think that if one wishes to keep going on,
and it's a feasible option, then I think that it should be up to them.
And Blackjack did give Glory permission to do whatever she wanted to keep her alive, short of going to Sanguine. Sure, she didn't expect it to work, but ultimately that's just another case where Blackjack and Glory did a poor job of communicating.

As
for the selfishness/envy line of argument, I just don't see it that
way. Look, the fact is that in their odd time of techno-magical marvels
combined with extreme scarcity, amazing things can happen--once or
twice. They can't save everybody, but the owners of the tech certainly
have the right to use it to save whom they wish, and the It's a Wonderful Life scenario
that played out is a testament not only to the generosity of those who
pitched in, but to the selflessness of the mare who gave so much to them
first. While certainly her renewal could inspire envy among some in the
wasteland, the same could be said of any other good turn of fortune or
work of charity.

Blackjack of course feels guilty about the costs
she believes she imposed on her benefactors, but personally I think
that's more in keeping with the fact that she feels that way about
everything she is involved in than a rational line of thought.
avatar
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Posts : 1206
Brohoof! : 308
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 28
Location : Boston, MA

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 am

Icy Shake wrote:As for the selfishness/envy line of argument, I just don't see it that way. Look, the fact is that in their odd time of techno-magical marvels combined with extreme scarcity, amazing things can happen--once or twice. They can't save everybody, but the owners of the tech certainly have the right to use it to save whom they wish, and the It's a Wonderful Life scenario that played out is a testament not only to the generosity of those who pitched in, but to the selflessness of the mare who gave so much to them first. While certainly her renewal could inspire envy among some in the wasteland, the same could be said of any other good turn of fortune or work of charity.
That is still selfishness, because they could have done this whenever they wanted apparently if all Glory had to do was ask, and they just kept it to themselves without even mentioning it to anyone. True, BJ did help them all somehow, but she was still absolutely miserable in every way leading up to her death. They basically brought her back because she's the 'only hope' for Hoofington, and they didn't consider how BJ would feel for even a second. As I said at the start, she was mentally, physically, psychologically, and morally tormented every second of ever day before she died; if any of her 'benefactors' had been in her hooves I don't think they would be very big on returning to that hell of a life.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Erumpet on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am

But she didn't return to that hell of a life, she regained her vision and her movement, got relative safety for a while, got a chance to redeem herself in her own eyes for how she dealt with Scotch, and got to continue living with the love of her life. Sure some bad shit happened when she was dying, but when they brought her back most of that shit was gone.
avatar
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Posts : 769
Brohoof! : 34
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 22
Location : Illinois

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum