Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread]

+2
Orm
CamoBadger
6 posters

Go down

Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread] Empty Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread]

Post by CamoBadger Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Okay, so this will not likely be starting for quite a while since first we need to finish up with "Electric Scootaloo", but I'm getting planning done so I'm not rushing to do it once that season ends.
As of now, I've got basic rules laid out, character creation guidelines, and a character template to follow; All of which could change at some point before we start. The reason I'm putting this up so early is because I'm going to base alot of the story and stuff off of the characters who are involved, as well as work with people to get their characters into the story well.

Anyone is welcome to play, but be warned ahead of time there are a few changes from past FO:E RP's we have done here. See the rules for any of that kind of stuff.

Now, for some linky linky.
First up are the rules. These are up to change, and for debate if something is beyond jacked up. Feel free to tell me your concerns, or PM me with any questions you have about them and I will clarify.

This is the current layout for your character sheets. Whenever you get them done (anytime up to 3 days before we start) please PM them to me so I can go over them and make sure nothing is OP, and work with those who come up with characters I didn't think of to balance them.

And last up are my in-progress Special Skill Trees. For those who choose certain characters, you will get to pick some abilities instead of Perks when you level up, and these are what I'm working on with this. If you have suggestions please let me know, I need serious help with these to make them fun and unique!

Again, not starting for a while, but here's the stuff I be workin' on for it. Definitely give me any feedback you've got, and please don't hesitate to ask questions or smack me on the head if I made something stupid in here.

Last edited by CamoBadger on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread] Empty Re: Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread]

Post by Orm Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:10 pm

DIBS ON GHOUL UNICORN!
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread] Empty Re: Fallout Equestria Roleplay #3 [Planning Thread]

Post by CamoBadger Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Oh, and a little note that I probably should have added in here that might be a little important for character creation:
This game will take place about 20ish years BEFORE Littlepip leaves Stable 2. So please for the love of Luna don't mention the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows in your background Luna
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Well then, I guess I should start writing this stuff down.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Scootaloo Updated character sheet with Age and Augmentations fields
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Downloaded updated version.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, you have everything you need from me except a drawing. I will try working on that soon.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Character template updated...again...because I forgot to put on Traits. Also, clarified how the inventory should be displayed.

Also, for food and water: 1 slot in your inventory can hold 2 things of food, and the same goes for water.

If you have a certain item you think should be placed on your character's armor, and have a good reasoning for it (such as a canteen) feel free to do that, but state that on the Armor section.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Okay, so far I have these character sheets:

guard:
Shadow
Cherry Blossom

Katarn:
Jayne

Orm:
Searchlight

Tytan:
Dr. Clockwork
Viktor

XT:
Charcoal
Scorch

If you've gotten yours to me and it isn't on this list, please kick me in the head and remind me about it, or send it to me again.

No rush to get them in if you haven't yet, this won't be starting for quite a while so ya'll got plenty of time.

Also, for drugs in inventory:

I've decided that since they are small, you can put 5 per slot in your inventory. Mintal's are different; 2 tins will take up 1 slot, and there will be 5 mints per tin.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh this is going to be organized!?

I can get on that band wagon.

Edit: this will have some length standards right? not too much one or two line dialogue action bits?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:01 am

Depends. In combat, I don't expect very much more than 1 or 2 sentences per post, because it's not going to take much to say what your character does.

As for RP, I would like to see at least some longer posts, but I don't expect every post to be a chapter.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:11 am

CamoBadger wrote:Depends. In combat, I don't expect very much more than 1 or 2 sentences per post, because it's not going to take much to say what your character does.

As for RP, I would like to see at least some longer posts, but I don't expect every post to be a chapter.

naturally, just want something a little bit meaty,

would it be written in a novel format? as in

"I have no clue," camo replied, his hooves tapping slightly at the thought of literary requirements. "I wouldn't think it fair for those less adept."

"Oh come now, wouldn't this format at least bring more insight into the character?" Rum throws a foreleg over camo's shoulder gesturing with his free hoof wildly in the air.

Now that I think about it, they have become so ingrained in their habit, they may or may not be able to adjust to the shift.

Rum tapped a hoof to his chin after letting camo go, he was thinking, "You don't think they are all intimidated by this style do you?"

Last edited by Admiral Stoic Rum on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bring not being)
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 am

If players want to post like that, they are definitely free to do so. Problem is that they won't be able to play the character they're talking to, and there is only so much they can do from one side of the conversation before the other player has to say something.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 am

I know I know, I needed to put it with a two character thing since almost the entire crew has up to four characters...

that was only an example of the conversational format

combat would be interesting, with the attack, reaction, then counter attack portion I think, I'm not all that familiar with turns as most battles i did were not party based, rather they were one on one,

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:24 am

not this time. I'm limiting it to 1 or 2 characters per person, and may lower it to 1 per player if enough people join.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 am

YES! less of that nonsense
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:YES! less of that nonsense
I agree. Any more than two characters and it just gets ridiculous.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 pm

right o, so now I have camo's hooves up on my character, I need to give him an appearance and a background
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

So...this will sound really stupid, but could you PM me your character sheet again Admiral? I seem to have lost it (probably that time that I was formatting it as per my OCD with fonts and my computer restarted for updates before I could save it or something). Sorry about this.

Also, as I put the finishing touches on the quest line and side quests and such, I want to make sure I didn't somehow lose track of someone else's sheets. So, if I don't have yours, please let me know.
This will also show you how many characters we have, and why I put a limit on how many each person is allowed to play.

I have:
Aonee (2)
CamoBadger (1)
guarddogjr (2)
Ironmonger (1)
Katarn (1)
Last (2)
Orm (1)
ScytoHarmony (1)
Tytan (2)
XTVengeance (2)

Total as of now is 15 characters in our party, 16 once I recover Admiral's.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Camo I sdee you on my character sheet page
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:51 am

Spam

what is the word on this, camo did you ever get the link to work? I never heard back from you...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 am

Oh, yeah everything's good on it. I have it saved and ready to go. Sorry Shy
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:05 am

Okay everyone, I know it's the holiday/New year's season, so I've got a question for everyone participating in RP Season 3:
Is the night of the 1st good for y'all to start, or should I get this thing started some other day?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 am

That works for me. I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:08 am

CamoBadger wrote:Okay everyone, I know it's the holiday/New year's season, so I've got a question for everyone participating in RP Season 3:
Is the night of the 1st good for y'all to start, or should I get this thing started some other day?
Apparently for some strange reason I have that day off. I will be good for it.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm

It's good for me.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 pm

The 1st should be okay for me. Emphasis on should.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down