Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Well in that case-SSSSIIIIIIIIIIINDRIIIIIIIIIII Rage Crazy

Anyway, when I think of the Harbinger tank I instantly think of a giant Mark 1-style tank, or a baneblade.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Kippershy wrote:I can't remember the fifth member, saying that.
Crunchy Carrots.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:04 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Kippershy wrote:I can't remember the fifth member, saying that.
Crunchy Carrots.

Well done, thank you. Whom went off to extend the Steel Rangers influence to Hoofington, if I'm not mistaken.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:12 pm

On an unrelated note, does anyone know what series of tank the one on the left is?

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 24776810
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:15 pm

I'll just leave these here.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Kipper that looks like a Jap tank from WW2. Not sure what model, I have a reference book right here...one moment...

EDIT: I think that is a Type 97 Te-Ke, not sure. Jap tanks use very similar running gear and I've never seen that turret design before. My brain committee says "Fuck it"

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Kippershy wrote:I know I'm late to this party, but Glory's mother is without a doubt, the leader of the harbringers.

I know we've all spoken about it, but here's why:

-Harbinger, as in, the elder Harbinger - is a red herring. Both for us and Blackjack, he's a red herring, but it's no coincidence.
Glory's mother chose his name to deflect any implication towards herself.
Now, Blackjack coming into "contact" isn't pre-planned by Glory's mum, but luck.

-The leader is a pegasus, right? Well, look at what happened to the other of the H6 -

Finders Keepers founded The Keepers.
Big Daddy founded The Reapers
Zodiac founded The Collegiate.
King Awesome founded The Society
Crunchy Carrots extended the Steel Rangers into Hoofington

Anyway, they all founded something, didn't they.
Well, Glory's mum founded The Harbringers.

How else would she know Blackjack is also known as Security?
How else would she survive so long in the wastes?

More importantly:

The Harbringers have tried to confront Blackjack directly, always losing.
So what do they do? Nothing but have the leader herself come and speak to her.

Coincidence that it's Glory's mother? Okay, a little, but not too much.
Just... chance.

Now the bigger question is whether or not she's working for the EoS or Redoubt. Not sure how EoS would provide materials, but the stuff from Redoubt, now that's where all the good stuff lies. Just imagine, Blackjack raiding that place and finding her one true shotgun, only for her to sacrifice it to blow something else up.

Now I'm worried where Steel Rain is. Played LoL and know how vital intel is. Who knows, he could just be around the corner waiting for the opportunity to ambush Blackjack and level Chapel.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Kipper that looks like a Jap tank from WW2. Not sure what model, I have a reference book right here...one moment...

EDIT: I think that is a Type 97 Te-Ke, not sure. Jap tanks use very similar running gear and I've never seen that turret design before. My brain committee says "Fuck it"

Ahh, thank you. Yes, that's the one.
I had a feeling it might've been Japanese since their tanks were notorious for being underarmed, underarmoured and generally no use against any western force.
The Japanese tanks were purely for use against the Chinese, really.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Now I'm sitting here pairing personalities with tanks. The Elefant is the American stereotype of obese people.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Sindri wrote:I'll just leave these here.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPeR4D2qBffdhavLzzhaQqkwtSwnUaBLw9axd9OUNnX0d0ANgi
Interesting concept.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPeR4D2qBffdhavLzzhaQqkwtSwnUaBLw9axd9OUNnX0d0ANgi
Interesting concept.
It's only a couple episodes in so far, but shows promise. And made by some of the same people who did Upotte!!, a fine show about anthropomorphic personifications of various assault rifles going to high school.

Have you noticed that Japan is kind of a weird place?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Weird for the...weird god? DO NOT WANT.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Sindri wrote:
It's only a couple episodes in so far, but shows promise. And made by some of the same people who did Upotte!!, a fine show about anthropomorphic personifications of various assault rifles going to high school.

I don't watch anime at all, not my favored art style. Though some can tell interesting(Or absolutely absurd, sometimes overlapping) stories.
Yes. Yes I have. But the Japanese probably think Americans are weird. Just a difference of culture.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:19 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Yes. Yes I have. But the Japanese probably think Americans are weird. Just a difference of culture.
Oh, I'd expect that most normal Japanese would react to the more peculiar anime in a manner similar to how most normal americans would react to Fallout: Equestria.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:21 pm

But... we all love FOE, or at least aspects of it. And we are normal, right? Right?
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Sindri wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Yes. Yes I have. But the Japanese probably think Americans are weird. Just a difference of culture.
Oh, I'd expect that most normal Japanese would react to the more peculiar anime in a manner similar to how most normal americans would react to Fallout: Equestria.
Quite probable. Not everyone is the same. Many people I've met like dubstep, and I don't like dubstep, for example.
Fallout Equestria to someone who knows nothing of either ingredient is probably just a book they'll never read with a kinda crazy concept.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Sindri wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
Interesting concept.

Wait wait wait this is actually a show?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Vergil wrote:Wait wait wait this is actually a show?
Link's right there. Site is free, legal, and virus-free. Whole series so far isn't more than four hours total. Watch at risk of your own sanity, if applicable.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Sindri wrote:
Vergil wrote:Wait wait wait this is actually a show?
Link's right there. Site is free, legal, and virus-free. Whole series so far isn't more than four hours total. Watch at risk of your own sanity, if applicable.

I don't really watch anime but unfortunately I'm probably going to have to at least sample it due to how ludicrous it looks.

...Kinda the same reason why I read FoE in the first place. Don't really regret that one.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:45 pm

That's a point - who remembers how they got into Fallout Equestria?

I seriously wish I remembered. I remember Somber promoting chapter 15 of Horizons having just been released in the chat box on whichever chapter had just been released for the main story with that, but not the original.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Vergil wrote:I'm probably going to have to at least sample it due to how ludicrous it looks.
That was pretty much my reaction. And it turned out pretty well I think... definitely not one of the real greats, and definitely a widget, but amusing.

Kippershy wrote:That's a point - who remembers how they got into Fallout Equestria?

I seriously wish I remembered. I remember Somber promoting chapter 15 of Horizons having just been released in the chat box on whichever chapter had just been released for the main story with that, but not the original.
I-

I have no idea. It was during a time period in which I had some free time, had just watched all of the pony, and was looking for fanfics and other community stuff. I might have just picked it off a list of 6-star fics on EqD.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

All I've seen of the show actually are the bits I've watched with my cousins when I've had to take care of them. I'm a massive fallout fan though and an acquaintance of mine pointed me to first FoE in December and then PH as soon as I finished the former.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Sindri wrote:
Kippershy wrote:That's a point - who remembers how they got into Fallout Equestria?
I-
I have no idea. It was during a time period in which I had some free time, had just watched all of the pony, and was looking for fanfics and other community stuff. I might have just picked it off a list of 6-star fics on EqD.
I remember coming out of one long grimdark fic and remembered seeing it with the 'legendary' tag, too bad that was back in January, right before it ended, I was looking forwards to having a chapter a week of awesome grimdark, imagine my disappointment...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm

@FindingFOE: I had just devoured all 52 episodes, twice, after becoming a brony and needed something to satisfy the hunger for ponies, so I Wikipediaed My Little Pony , saw a fragment about how huge the fanfic community is, with a specific mention of Fallout Equestria. So then I devoured that in threeish days, and was left feeling empty. So I wikied Fallout Equestria, and saw a fragment about how big some of the spin offs are, with a specific mention of PH. So then I devoured PH in threeish days, up to the low forties at that point I believe, in chapter length. And here I am today.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm

I've told this story many times so far, but I like telling it.
I introduced my friend to Fallout 3, and he said that there was an MLP fanfic that was 42 chapters long, crossing the two. I had been exposed to a little of what MLP was, but I didn't bother watching the show before pursuing reading the story. By about chapter 20, I got around to watching the show, and I understood the universe a fair bit more afterward and liked the show a lot.
Funny thing is, by strange extension, my father is the reason. I first saw and played Fallout 3 on his PC.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Project Horizons was one of the first fanfics I ever read. I saw the cover and I instantly get this melancholy, meditative felling I guess. I wasn't familiar with Fallout, but Horizons made me buy New Vegas. I still get that same depressed yet meditative feeling when I see the cover.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:37 pm

My first experience with Fallout... (as in, the game) well, that was troublesome.

I was only convinced to buy the game after a good amount of my friends had massive hype for it - though I initially thought it was too much like Bioshock (despite loving Bioshock) because of the whole 40's - 50's shindig. (I didn't pay proper attention).

Anyway, I got the game. When I first played it? I couldn't get out of the Atrium. Something had happened to glitch the door that jams open and it actually shut, not being able to open.
...So, I thought the game was shit. Didn't play it for a while.

...went back to it some time later, found my way out, put ALL my skill points into speech and went wondering. Didn't find Megaton, walked to Megamart and then off to Tenpenny tower and died from a bloatfly when I was overencombered and out of ammo.

...stopped playing the game for a while.

...started playing the game again, put all my points into small guns and found megaton, did the quest to go GNR and got lost but then found my way again AND OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

...Then I became a total addict to Fallout.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Blackjack as the Pope. Popejack...Blackpope? The Pope of the Church of Alcohol.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 pm

I had only just started reading pony fanfiction around the time, and was more into scouring the entirety of DeviantArt & EQD for pony fanart. I had seen Fallout Equestria pop up around several times, but ignored it, partially because of a little tendency of mine to avoid anything highly popular (Fallout), and partially because of a still-ongoing hatred of Bethesda (I'm over it now). So, I just ignored it for a while until around late November/early December (christ, has it been that long already?), when I ran into MaximillianVeers' DA page and the art there, and discovered the library of fanfiction PDF there, as well as an announcement that he had just uploaded the PDF of FoE. So I figured, "Fine, I'll give it a look. Besides, I am kind of a sucker for grimdark and post-apocalyptic anyways...". So I started reading it, downloaded the PDF to my phone so I could read it at work, and that was that.

And towards the end of my reading, I discovered fanart for PH while searching for FoE fanart. And that's how I got into PH. Twilight Sparkle Didn't start reading immediately, though. I found the End of Ponies PDF before that, and got on that right after I finished FoE.

And I can't wait 'till SS&E finishes Background Pony and gets back to work on End of Ponies. Oh god I can't wait... Sweetie Belle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

I've been a Fallout fan for about ten minutes longer than my brother has. The same friend introduced me to Fo:E on the same day he did to my brother... in Broad-Based Technology 9 class, I remember it. I read the introduction/prologue, (the only thing we had to do in that course was Photoshop projects and a Powerpoint or two) thought, 'Huh, neat.' and moved on. By this point, (November, I think it was... yeah, November) I was at the 'curiosity' stage of becoming a brony, having taken a neutral standpoint on the show before actually watching more than a significant portion of 'Sonic Rainboom' at a friend's house in September. (I only fully realized I actually was one near the beginning of January... ah, seems like so long ago.)

Then, after months of my brother blabbering on and on about it, explaining many, many things about it--and eventually, this story as well--and assuming I'd never read it, I found out about this place through him, (to my continuing amusement, you guys are interesting people) and well, here we are now. Speaking of which, I've got to read more of it; I'm still only halfway through chapter 21.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next