Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 am

It'd be neat if she had fully oscillating hooves so she could stick out them fingers and easily unscrew lightbulbs.

Glory doesn't realize how lucky she is to have someone that can do housework so efficiently.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:09 am

Blackjack invents flipping the bird. Happen-makery. Spike

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:14 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Question: Does Blackjack have wrists? I know she has extendible fingers, and technically hands, but I don't recall outright having wrists. It kinda sounds weird.
Umm.... well, I don't think her hoof has an extra joint just for that purpose, no, but the joints above the hoof should serve just fine. They're not, technically speaking, a wrist, though -- the joint that is homologous to a human wrist is the front knee. From that perspective, the fingers are popping out of the tip of BJ's finger, which is kinda creepy if you think about it.
Twilight Sparkle


Last edited by SilentCarto on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:15 am

fetlock fetlock FETLOCKKKK
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 am

Caoimhe goes rage-mode. XD

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:19 am

"Fetlock" is just a fun word that you never ever get to use in normal conversation.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 am

*turns it into a curse word*
WHAT THE FETLOCK?!

Put Boba Fett in a headlock. Fettlock.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 am

Ok so Blackjack has fingers that extend out of her hoof, but are they rounded like people fingers or clawlike akin to Griffins or Diamond Dogs.

Still imagining a character who has fingers that work kinda like EVE from WALL-E, except thinner and magic-powered. Magic gauntlet perhaps?
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Karasu on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:02 am

All i could think of when you said Fetlocks was this page.
Spoiler:

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Posts : 23
Brohoof! : 2
Join date : 2012-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Ok so Blackjack has fingers that extend out of her hoof, but are they rounded like people fingers or clawlike akin to Griffins or Diamond Dogs.

Still imagining a character who has fingers that work kinda like EVE from WALL-E, except thinner and magic-powered. Magic gauntlet perhaps?

Now you have me thinking of a kitbash of WALL-E and an HK-Tank from the Terminator franchise.


Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 am

Alright, well, today and the past two nights I've been trying to work on this I've been plagued by headaches... So I'm only halfway done still and falling asleep at the computer, so I'm just going to post the half I have done now, and then put the rest of it up in a day or two when it's all finished.

I'm very sorry about this delay, Somber. Thank you to you and all the editing team again for all the hard work that you put into this story. *bows*


Chapter 51 Commentary, Part 1:

With a title like "A Good Day", I came into this chapter understandably worried... It was quite a relief to see that it turned out to be truthful.
Of course, true to itself, there was still quite the undercurrent of sadness. It was a wonderful chapter, the kind that Blackjack and everypony else badly needed, I think.

"Um... sorry. I have brain damage. Say again?" - The running joke with Blackjack's brain damage this chapter is pretty cute. Well, it would be more cute if she didn't actually have severe brain damage...

So Dawn has "kitsune eyes" huh? Interesting, I don't think I've run into another pony like that yet. The little details about her age are interesting too, probably not important at all, but interesting.

Blackjack's breaking from the spell was very well handled. There's just something about the way it's written that flows really smoothly, and makes it a beautiful scene.

Wait, they were cyber zebras, not full robots? I really misinterpreted that memory then... though looking back I'm really not sure why I thought they were full robots, it's pretty clear they weren't...
A whole army of zebra like Blackjack is a pretty frightening thought.

"For what it's worth, I don't trust her." - Glory's mom or not, it's sensible to be cautious.

It's a pleasant surprise that Blackjack managed to get to sleep so easily. Definitely something I would take as a good sign.

Right... the dream itself...
As I said in my initial comments "Saw a Psalm dream that didn't have me in tears." definitely does not describe my experience, I was crying buckets by the end. It was a very wonderfully done part of the chapter, just full of emotion.
Also, I have never hated Goldenblood more than I do now, after the dream...

Looking back on it, Lacunae telling Blackjack about her magic seems almost like she's trying to ease Blackjack in to the idea of being related to Twilight. Of course she couldn't know Blackjack would overhear P-21 and Rampage, but looking back, it does seem like she's trying to soften the blow, maybe for the reader as well.

I wonder if the "betrayal" the Goddess is talking about was Lacuane putting Psalm into Blackjack? That's really the only thing I could think of that would be even close to counting...
If that's not it, I'll be very interested to find out what it was. Well, probably more terrified than interested, but still.

"This is [the] most perfect food ever! Cyberpony cakes!" - Honestly, I don't think I'd want to eat them, even as a cyberpony. They sound terrifying.

"I wonder if I can light these on fire? Incendiary cakes of death!" - Well with the layer of grease, yeah, probably. Like I said, terrifying.

"Boo pulled out a Fancy Buck snack cake and started ripping open the wax paper wrapper." - Of course I always pay attention to Boo, so I noticed this immediately, and it's super adorable. As she's demonstrated this whole time, she does have a capability to learn, but just how far that extends is still unclear... She apparently has very good aim though.

Oh wow... wait was Lacunae's betrayal erasing Blackjack's memory of opening the door?
So many mysteries, this is what makes the Project Horizons that we love.

"Now those giant frogs. Those didn't count as trouble, okay?" "I don't understand why you'd say it wasn't. You like Glory spanking you." - Amusing random encounters aside, I completely agree with Lacunae. How is it that ponies that enjoy getting punished always act like it's such a terrible thing? Not that I have to deal with ponies like that on a regular basis... or anything...

Society flunkies playing "good slaver, bad slaver" well... that's certainly one way to encourage cooperation.

"I smell the blood of wicked ponies! I HUNGER!" - It is nice to see Blackjack getting some good use out of her magic, and quite amusing, at that.
"A tiny Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash smacked hooves in the back of my mind." - Indeed. And munching nonchalantly on one of her cakes as she goes to free the slaves, classy.

Ah, "Pain Train" the Minotaur, was that not a minotaur name that had been discussed as viable on the forum previously? If not, it does seem quite familiar, unless I'm just thinking of the Soldier weapon.
As I say quite often, It always astounds me how you can manage to keep combat from getting boring. Despite how often Blackjack ends up in fights, and how long PH has been running, I don't think there's a fight yet that has bored me. Even if I don't often have much to say about them, it's still quite commendable.

And of course Blackjack wouldn't leave him to die. Even with the Goddess tampering with her memory, Blackjack (and Fluttershy) still managed to give Pain Train a chance.
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:55 am

SilentCarto wrote:Then the question becomes whether Lifebloom and Homage tested her in private before bringing in the other members of the Twi Society, or if everyone present was acting.
Oh, I don't think the whole Twi Sci was in on it. Just Homage and LB. Why bother with the whole charade if it wasn't to fool the society into leaving her alone? Like I said at the time, there was something inside there that Homage didn't want the whole society to get their hooves on (or else she feared for BJ's freedom -- the society is unlikely to let a valuable descendent of Twilight go wandering around the waste). Deleting BJ's memory would ensure that her reactions were authentic, but I think there must've been a greater reason than just that or they would've given her the orb long ago.
avatar
FeatherDust
Hydra

Posts : 546
Brohoof! : 112
Join date : 2012-05-25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Alright, well, today and the past two nights I've been trying to work on this I've been plagued by headaches... So I'm only halfway done still and falling asleep at the computer, so I'm just going to post the half I have done now, and then put the rest of it up in a day or two when it's all finished.

I'm very sorry about this delay, Somber. Thank you to you and all the editing team again for all the hard work that you put into this story. *bows*


Chapter 51 Commentary, Part 1:

With a title like "A Good Day", I came into this chapter understandably worried... It was quite a relief to see that it turned out to be truthful.
Of course, true to itself, there was still quite the undercurrent of sadness. It was a wonderful chapter, the kind that Blackjack and everypony else badly needed, I think.

"Um... sorry. I have brain damage. Say again?" - The running joke with Blackjack's brain damage this chapter is pretty cute. Well, it would be more cute if she didn't actually have severe brain damage...

So Dawn has "kitsune eyes" huh? Interesting, I don't think I've run into another pony like that yet. The little details about her age are interesting too, probably not important at all, but interesting.

Blackjack's breaking from the spell was very well handled. There's just something about the way it's written that flows really smoothly, and makes it a beautiful scene.

Wait, they were cyber zebras, not full robots? I really misinterpreted that memory then... though looking back I'm really not sure why I thought they were full robots, it's pretty clear they weren't...
A whole army of zebra like Blackjack is a pretty frightening thought.

"For what it's worth, I don't trust her." - Glory's mom or not, it's sensible to be cautious.

It's a pleasant surprise that Blackjack managed to get to sleep so easily. Definitely something I would take as a good sign.

Right... the dream itself...
As I said in my initial comments "Saw a Psalm dream that didn't have me in tears." definitely does not describe my experience, I was crying buckets by the end. It was a very wonderfully done part of the chapter, just full of emotion.
Also, I have never hated Goldenblood more than I do now, after the dream...

Looking back on it, Lacunae telling Blackjack about her magic seems almost like she's trying to ease Blackjack in to the idea of being related to Twilight. Of course she couldn't know Blackjack would overhear P-21 and Rampage, but looking back, it does seem like she's trying to soften the blow, maybe for the reader as well.

I wonder if the "betrayal" the Goddess is talking about was Lacuane putting Psalm into Blackjack? That's really the only thing I could think of that would be even close to counting...
If that's not it, I'll be very interested to find out what it was. Well, probably more terrified than interested, but still.

"This is [the] most perfect food ever! Cyberpony cakes!" - Honestly, I don't think I'd want to eat them, even as a cyberpony. They sound terrifying.

"I wonder if I can light these on fire? Incendiary cakes of death!" - Well with the layer of grease, yeah, probably. Like I said, terrifying.

"Boo pulled out a Fancy Buck snack cake and started ripping open the wax paper wrapper." - Of course I always pay attention to Boo, so I noticed this immediately, and it's super adorable. As she's demonstrated this whole time, she does have a capability to learn, but just how far that extends is still unclear... She apparently has very good aim though.

Oh wow... wait was Lacunae's betrayal erasing Blackjack's memory of opening the door?
So many mysteries, this is what makes the Project Horizons that we love.

"Now those giant frogs. Those didn't count as trouble, okay?" "I don't understand why you'd say it wasn't. You like Glory spanking you." - Amusing random encounters aside, I completely agree with Lacunae. How is it that ponies that enjoy getting punished always act like it's such a terrible thing? Not that I have to deal with ponies like that on a regular basis... or anything...

Society flunkies playing "good slaver, bad slaver" well... that's certainly one way to encourage cooperation.

"I smell the blood of wicked ponies! I HUNGER!" - It is nice to see Blackjack getting some good use out of her magic, and quite amusing, at that.
"A tiny Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash smacked hooves in the back of my mind." - Indeed. And munching nonchalantly on one of her cakes as she goes to free the slaves, classy.

Ah, "Pain Train" the Minotaur, was that not a minotaur name that had been discussed as viable on the forum previously? If not, it does seem quite familiar, unless I'm just thinking of the Soldier weapon.
As I say quite often, It always astounds me how you can manage to keep combat from getting boring. Despite how often Blackjack ends up in fights, and how long PH has been running, I don't think there's a fight yet that has bored me. Even if I don't often have much to say about them, it's still quite commendable.

And of course Blackjack wouldn't leave him to die. Even with the Goddess tampering with her memory, Blackjack (and Fluttershy) still managed to give Pain Train a chance.
Ah, thank you. I hope that you feel better soon.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4850
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 am

Hey swicked. 1[ep]:36[pix]. So much range of emotion.
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:04 pm

FeatherDust wrote:The argument there is my own -- why would spellbooks even exist if they only benefited a tiny fraction of the population?
that's like saying why do we have books on quantum mechanics if only a tiny fragment of the population will use them?
because it's knowledge for the sake of knowledge.
avatar
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Posts : 2097
Brohoof! : 97
Join date : 2012-05-13
Age : 22
Location : Amherst, MA

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:"Pain Train" the Minotaur, was that not a minotaur name that had been discussed as viable on the forum previously? If not, it does seem quite familiar, unless I'm just thinking of the Soldier weapon.
Well, it's a reference to the Terry Tate ad campaign for...some product, I don't even know. He threatens a worker who won't recycle by shouting that he's the pain train and you're in the tracks, or something like that. It's the same ad where somebody empties the coffee pot and doesn't make a new one, so Terry tackles them in the hall and starts shouting about YOU KILL DAY JOE, YOU MAKE SOME MO!
YouTube link

Actually he is practically a minotaur as it is with the rhyming catch phrases and all.
avatar
FeatherDust
Hydra

Posts : 546
Brohoof! : 112
Join date : 2012-05-25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 pm

stringtheory wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:The argument there is my own -- why would spellbooks even exist if they only benefited a tiny fraction of the population?
that's like saying why do we have books on quantum mechanics if only a tiny fragment of the population will use them?
because it's knowledge for the sake of knowledge.
Just as spellbooks are only interesting to a fraction of the population. But anyone CAN use them if they have the interest. We don't have many books that can only be used by, say, albinos.
avatar
FeatherDust
Hydra

Posts : 546
Brohoof! : 112
Join date : 2012-05-25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:43 pm

horses have ankles, and all that






the image is a thumbnail so click on it to view the full image... i think it would be very educational... the fetlock only describes the fur that grows over the ankle, kind of like the weenis a name but not really all that helpful...

for instance, horses have ankles, and the pastern and the hoof meet at the coronet. also Hooves are near perfect insulators, so heat doesn't bother them... see the video



avatar
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Posts : 4178
Brohoof! : 83
Join date : 2012-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Houston, TX

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:28 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:The argument there is my own -- why would spellbooks even exist if they only benefited a tiny fraction of the population?
that's like saying why do we have books on quantum mechanics if only a tiny fragment of the population will use them?
because it's knowledge for the sake of knowledge.
Just as spellbooks are only interesting to a fraction of the population. But anyone CAN use them if they have the interest. We don't have many books that can only be used by, say, albinos.

The thing is though, there are hints that ponies of other races than unicorns have inherent magic. This magic can be studied by Unicorns and adapted for similar applications, forefront being the cloudwalking spell. So unicorns can learn magic from Pegasi, but the reverse doesn't seem to be the case. So not anyone can use the spellbooks, just about 1/3 of the population. Wait. I'm confused, what was the original argument again?
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm suprised there's so little references to horseshoes in FoE. One of Sek...Seka...Se-BRENDA's zebra stories involves throwing shoes. You'd think there'd be cool futuretech horseshoe things, or magical enhancements for walking on water or magnets to run faster or something.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you. I hope that you feel better soon.
Thank you, sir, I hope so too.

FeatherDust wrote:Well, it's a reference to the Terry Tate ad campaign for...some product, I don't even know.
Ah, I see. Well what I was referring to was... probably like 3 discussion threads ago. Some people were discussing the potential for minotaurs in FO:E/PH, and I remember them mentioning a name that 'would be perfect for a minotaur'. I can't remember what it was, so I was just wondering out loud if that had been it. I don't think so now... I think it was some kind of "metal-y" name that complimented "Iron Will" better...
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

So, who else here has completed XCOM?

actual spoilers here:
Kind've disappointed in the ending... was hoping to learn more, not to be told "we failed at ascending... but you, you might do it!" and then... nothing.

Ascend where? by whom? how?
I understand they were trying to find 'the one' (who could)... but... why? why go around preparing others for their possible ability to do so?

It makes no sense.
Why go to war and risk everything just to help someone else ascend?
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Kippershy wrote:So, who else here has completed XCOM?

actual spoilers here:
Kind've disappointed in the ending... was hoping to learn more, not to be told "we failed at ascending... but you, you might do it!" and then... nothing.

Ascend where? by whom? how?
I understand they were trying to find 'the one' (who could)... but... why? why go around preparing others for their possible ability to do so?

It makes no sense.
Why go to war and risk everything just to help someone else ascend?

My best psychic I'd had the whole game and I'd nicknamed 'Lacunae'.

Then I got to the end.

I was rather put out by that chain of events.
avatar
Vergil
Mobius One

Posts : 666
Brohoof! : 76
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Vergil wrote:
Kippershy wrote:So, who else here has completed XCOM?

actual spoilers here:
Kind've disappointed in the ending... was hoping to learn more, not to be told "we failed at ascending... but you, you might do it!" and then... nothing.

Ascend where? by whom? how?
I understand they were trying to find 'the one' (who could)... but... why? why go around preparing others for their possible ability to do so?

It makes no sense.
Why go to war and risk everything just to help someone else ascend?

My best psychic I'd had the whole game and I'd nicknamed 'Lacunae'.

Then I got to the end.

I was rather put out by that chain of events.


Ouch.


My Psychic looked like the grandson of an SS soldier.
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm

@X-COM
My father said this morning while driving us to school that it will probably end up in his favorite 5 games, which is quite a feat, since he needs a few specific qualities to like a game. He also said it was like Jagged Alliance 2, which just about sealed buying it for me, since we both enjoyed that game a lot.
Just going to watch my brother play it first.
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 20
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Caoimhe wrote:It'd be neat if she had fully oscillating hooves so she could stick out them fingers and easily unscrew lightbulbs.

Glory doesn't realize how lucky she is to have someone that can do housework so efficiently.
Also if, when she is booped just right on the nose, her head would pop up on a jack like a rock-em sock-em robot.

That would help her, uh...

...I got nothin'. It'd still be funny, though.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6601
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I'm suprised there's so little references to horseshoes in FoE. One of Sek...Seka...Se-BRENDA's zebra stories involves throwing shoes. You'd think there'd be cool futuretech horseshoe things, or magical enhancements for walking on water or magnets to run faster or something.

I think they usually refer to horse shoes as weapons, like knuckles and pummeling bits... I read a fanfic where it mentions aj's hooves being iron-shod, what was funny was she was trying to be comforting to an old man... it was ironic...
avatar
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Posts : 4178
Brohoof! : 83
Join date : 2012-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Houston, TX

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
What the frig is wrong with Dawn’s eyes? I swear, all I can think about when they mention her is this captain from one of the bleach episodes I've seen. I’ll post a picture.
It makes me think of Xelloss and Chichiri.


In anime, perma-squint eyes are often a trait of the trickster archetype, which can be either good or evil but most often mixes the two.

In this case? It makes me think she's trying not to let anyone see her pupils, like she's got Cockatrice eyes or something.

You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.
avatar
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Posts : 4178
Brohoof! : 83
Join date : 2012-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Houston, TX

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
What the frig is wrong with Dawn’s eyes? I swear, all I can think about when they mention her is this captain from one of the bleach episodes I've seen. I’ll post a picture.
It makes me think of Xelloss and Chichiri.


In anime, perma-squint eyes are often a trait of the trickster archetype, which can be either good or evil but most often mixes the two.

In this case? It makes me think she's trying not to let anyone see her pupils, like she's got Cockatrice eyes or something.

You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.

Sounds similar to Keeper, and if Dawn's also from the hoof, well...
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.
Not really true. A trickster who does anything they want because they think it's funny comes off as cruel, since they're causing pain for no purpose other than their own amusement, while a noble trickster uses his powers to teach lessons to others and fix unfairness (like Robin Hood, for example). A merely mocking trickster may only be mildly cruel rather than outright evil, but more often it's one or the other. Anyway, I'm not gonna get into an argument over whether or not D&D alignments are full of crap.

In anime, a squint-eyed character is still usually either good and uses a playful exterior to hide their true feelings (like Chichiri, for example), or is actually evil and putting up an affable front (like Ichimaru Gin). And when they open their eyes, that's when things have just gotten serious, because they've put aside the mask and are about to reveal their true feelings (whether kind or bloodthirsty) -- and, I should mention, they usually become abruptly badass as that point.
avatar
FeatherDust
Hydra

Posts : 546
Brohoof! : 112
Join date : 2012-05-25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum