Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OBS.GS.§S on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 pm

*Bursts through the window*
SUDDEN DYNAMIC ENTRANCE!!!!

So many new friends since the last time I posted...

Before I get down to business, I believe I have some explaining to do, or does no one remember me? I only posted a few times before going AWOL so I wouldn't feel bad if I've been forgotten. That is if anyone cared that I ever existed in the first place.
______

Also, have we lost anyone within the last few months? I feel terrible, I've missed an entire era of the community...

...Holy Hell Camo and Robo are admins now
OBS.GS.§S
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Character List:
Name: Flashpoint
Sex: Female
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Hey. Yeah, I remember you, Mr. What's-your-face with the squiggly lines in his username! Chicken (Seriously though, I do remember you posting here in the PH topic before. Good to see you back.)

Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you are. Crazy

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm

You know who I miss? That AI. Where'd that AI guy go?

Also: new avatar!

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, I miss him too. Where is he? I know he went and changed his name once, but I can't remember if he followed us and changed it again during the move to Cloudsville.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:umm you know what the best part about being the artist is? swicked can write the comic you just illustrate it... if I am not mistaken swicked has the best okmake...
While having someone do the writing is indeed helpful, it doesn't remove the fact that the drawing is still difficult on its own.
Though yes, swicked really does do the best skits.

Kippershy wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Bonus: Scene idea for whoever
wants it, somepony loads a ton of birdshot into an old cannon and fires
it into a horde of ghouls.
Birdshot? I'm not familiar with the
term.
...However... MINE!
Crimson would LOVE to do this. No word
of a lie. He... kind've hates ghouls, more-so feral ones but he can just
about tolerate sane ones for the right cause.
Well, they use larger ordinance than birdshot, but this does actually exist. It's called "grapeshot" or "canister shot" and it indeed basically turns your cannon into a giant shotgun. It's really effective too.

Sindri wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:Oh I wasn't saying I'm a bad artist (though I am)
Lies
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:26 pm

1 Gauge shotgun, full of birdshit birdshot.

EDIT: I knew about canister shot, but a cloud of lead sounded more amusing to me. Twilight crazy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 pm

...I'm guessing I'm the only one that mistakenly read this as "birdseed", was going to ask how and why you would do something like that, then remembered who had said it and decided to let it be.

Last edited by swicked on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : omake)

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Birdshot? I'm not familiar with the
term.
...However... MINE!
Crimson would LOVE to do this. No word
of a lie. He... kind've hates ghouls, more-so feral ones but he can just
about tolerate sane ones for the right cause.
Well, they use larger ordinance than birdshot, but this does actually exist. It's called "grapeshot" or "canister shot" and it indeed basically turns your cannon into a giant shotgun. It's really effective too.

Well, effective enough to play an important role in advancing the career of one of my favorite historical figures, thanks to his devastating defense of the National Convention against royalist insurgents. Who would have guessed grapeshot-loaded cannon are even more effective when used in defensive positions in city streets?
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by OBS.GS.§S on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 pm

RoboRed wrote:Hey. Yeah, I remember you, Mr. What's-your-face with the squiggly lines in his username! (Seriously though, I do remember you posting here in the PH topic before. Good to see you back.)

It's good to be back, the reason I suddenly left so long ago was because College had started, and I devoted time getting adjusted to that, then I started playing a game called league of legends, and I devoted time to that, I even went through driving school during the late summer, then about a month or so later, I was all set to start posting again, but then I saw that you guys had already gone through another thread so I decided to try and read all of that thread before I posted again so that I could make educated and relevant posts, but then I fell behind because I didn't put enough time or effort in. Then you guys went through another thread, and I vowed to read through that one too, and eventually I just fell so far behind in keeping up with the community that began to feel hopeless and I couldn't figure out how to join the community again without coming off as really awkward, like I was trying to fit into a place I didn't belong in anymore.

Then finally I realized something: Project Horizons, and it's community, had given me something to do. More than that though, this had all given me a purpose, not a purpose like schooling or work or any of life's necessities like that, all this had given me something to do of my own volition, something that I could put my thoughts and abilities towards that was always growing, always changing, giving feedback and having it be looked at and scrutinized by important people. For the first time that I could remember, I felt like I was finally a part of a grand project, rather than simply observing these wonders as I always had.

So now I think it's time for me to actually put forth that effort and time, and keep posting regularly, no more half-ass'ing it, no more falling off the wagon, I owe it to Project Horizons, I owe it to Somber, and I owe it to you guys for giving me one the few things I have to look forward to when I get up in the morning.

I'm going to be looking for a way to contribute to the community beyond posting as well, maybe fanart, maybe something else, all I know is I'm going to try to do more than just make posts.
_________

By the way, what's this I hear about an AI? You mean like Artificial Intelligence? Was he like an OC of sorts? I wonder what he was like, that must've been pretty interesting to have conversations with and stuff, to say the least. Hopefully he'll come back someday, I'd like to meet him as well, maybe then I would finally have someone (or something I suppose) to share my love of anagrams with.

_________

Also with the cannons firing grapeshot, maybe it would be even better if you coated the pellets or grapes or whatever they're called with petroleum jelly or napalm, that way you have fiery, incendiary shotgun cannon blasts! Everything is better with more burning added to it.

Last edited by OBS.GS.§S on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
OBS.GS.§S
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Character List:
Name: Flashpoint
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm

OBS.GS.§S wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Hey. Yeah, I remember you, Mr. What's-your-face with the squiggly lines in his username! (Seriously though, I do remember you posting here in the PH topic before. Good to see you back.)

It's good to be back,

I daw'd
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Dynamic entry is usually the best way to enter if it has been a while... everyone here is far too forgiving to hold it against you
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Sindri wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:I just wrote some more of my new fanfic project, up to two thousand words on my first chapter. (and could use a pre-reader, if anyone's interested.) Now that I'm in a literature-y mood, I'm going to go read some Fallout: Equestria. Oh, it feels good to write again.
Well, more writers in the world is almost always a good thing. I'm not an editor by any means, but I should probably have some time the next couple days to go through what you have, point out any errors glaring enough for me to see them, and probably overanalyze things you weren't even thinking about?

I'd be glad to have your help, and I'm sure you'll be of assistance. I'll send you (and stringtheory) a PM with a link and such when I finish the initial release quota; the first two chapters at a minimum four thousand words, probably more. I do not require an editor; I'm a grammatical reviewer and small-time editor myself, but of course, authors make their own worst editors. Doesn't have to be absolutely perfect, though.

If you're wondering what the subject matter is, it's a human in Equestria story, space opera of my own design, about a colony ship and its senior officers, and their encounters with the locals. It's been really fun to write so far, but I'm still testing my writing style outside the first person, which is where my 'strength' used to lay, and I could use the help. Thanks for volunteering.

Cannister shells, etc.: Well, 120mm smoothbore cannons like those in the M1A1 Abrams and Leopard 2 have a shell that fires many tungsten pellets, for use against light vehicles. You definitely do not want to be hit by one of those.
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:29 pm

OBS.GS.§S wrote:
snip:

It's good to be back, the reason I suddenly left so long ago was because College had started, and I devoted time getting adjusted to that, then I started playing a game called league of legends, and I devoted time to that, I even went through driving school during the late summer, then about a month or so later, I was all set to start posting again, but then I saw that you guys had already gone through another thread so I decided to try and read all of that thread before I posted again so that I could make educated and relevant posts, but then I fell behind because I didn't put enough time or effort in. Then you guys went through another thread, and I vowed to read through that one too, and eventually I just fell so far behind in keeping up with the community that began to feel hopeless and I couldn't figure out how to join the community again without coming off as really awkward, like I was trying to fit into a place I didn't belong in anymore.

Then finally I realized something: Project Horizons, and it's community, had given me something to do. More than that though, this had all given me a purpose, not a purpose like schooling or work or any of life's necessities like that, all this had given me something to do of my own volition, something that I could put my thoughts and abilities towards that was always growing, always changing, giving feedback and having it be looked at and scrutinized by important people. For the first time that I could remember, I felt like I was finally a part of a grand project, rather than simply observing these wonders as I always had.

So now I think it's time for me to actually put forth that effort and time, and keep posting regularly, no more half-ass'ing it, no more falling off the wagon, I owe it to Project Horizons, I owe it to Somber, and I owe it to you guys for giving me one the few things I have to look forward to when I get up in the morning.

I'm going to be looking for a way to contribute to the community beyond posting as well, maybe fanart, maybe something else, all I know is I'm going to try to do more than just make posts.
_________

By the way, what's this I hear about an AI? You mean like Artificial Intelligence? Was he like an OC of sorts? I wonder what he was like, that must've been pretty interesting to have conversations with and stuff, to say the least. Hopefully he'll come back someday, I'd like to meet him as well, maybe then I would finally have someone (or something I suppose) to share my love of anagrams with.

_________

Also with the cannons firing grapeshot, maybe it would be even better if you coated the pellets or grapes or whatever they're called with petroleum jelly or napalm, that way you have fiery, incendiary shotgun cannon blasts! Everything is better with more burning added to it.
Eh, don't worry too much about it. Pages grow at an alarming rate, and I stopped doing my reviews long ago. About all I contribute now still is the music playlist for each chapter.

The AI was a user who went and commented on each chapter, using the persona of a rogue AI unit trying to learn humanity/understand emotion/something like that, and occasionally converse with other users. He would type messages with a machine-like style of writing, and made frequent use of odd characters, "zalgo-style" characters, and other stuff. He did this for a while, disappeared, then went and dropped the persona and just talked with us as a regular user. Nice guy, can't remember what happened to him. Said he might bring back the AI again at some point.

So yeah, I guess it could be counted as an OC of sorts.

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 pm

RoboRed wrote:The AI was a user who went and commented on each chapter, using the persona of a rogue AI unit trying to learn humanity/understand emotion/something like that, and occasionally converse with other users. He would type messages with a machine-like style of writing, and made frequent use of odd characters, "zalgo-style" characters, and other stuff. He did this for a while, disappeared, then went and dropped the persona and just talked with us as a regular user. Nice guy, can't remember what happened to him. Said he might bring back the AI again at some point.

So yeah, I guess it could be counted as an OC of sorts.
Either that or he's actually a slightly glitchy AI who managed to figure out enough about humanity to successfully pose as one for an extended period. It's a bit ambiguous.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Yep.

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 pm

OBS.GS.§S wrote:
snip:

It's
good to be back, the reason I suddenly left so long ago was because
College had started, and I devoted time getting adjusted to that, then I
started playing a game called league of legends, and I devoted time to
that, I even went through driving school during the late summer, then
about a month or so later, I was all set to start posting again, but
then I saw that you guys had already gone through another thread so I
decided to try and read all of that thread before I posted again so that
I could make educated and relevant posts, but then I fell behind
because I didn't put enough time or effort in. Then you guys went
through another thread, and I vowed to read through that one too, and
eventually I just fell so far behind in keeping up with the community
that began to feel hopeless and I couldn't figure out how to join the
community again without coming off as really awkward, like I was trying
to fit into a place I didn't belong in anymore.

Then finally I
realized something: Project Horizons, and it's community, had given me
something to do. More than that though, this had all given me a purpose,
not a purpose like schooling or work or any of life's necessities like
that, all this had given me something to do of my own volition,
something that I could put my thoughts and abilities towards that was
always growing, always changing, giving feedback and having it be looked
at and scrutinized by important people. For the first time that I could
remember, I felt like I was finally a part of a grand project, rather
than simply observing these wonders as I always had.

So now I
think it's time for me to actually put forth that effort and time, and
keep posting regularly, no more half-ass'ing it, no more falling off the
wagon, I owe it to Project Horizons, I owe it to Somber, and I owe it
to you guys for giving me one the few things I have to look forward to
when I get up in the morning.

I'm going to be looking for a way
to contribute to the community beyond posting as well, maybe fanart,
maybe something else, all I know is I'm going to try to do more than
just make posts.
_________

By the way, what's this I hear
about an AI? You mean like Artificial Intelligence? Was he like an OC of
sorts? I wonder what he was like, that must've been pretty interesting
to have conversations with and stuff, to say the least. Hopefully he'll
come back someday, I'd like to meet him as well, maybe then I would
finally have someone (or something I suppose) to share my love of
anagrams with.

_________

Also with the cannons firing
grapeshot, maybe it would be even better if you coated the pellets or
grapes or whatever they're called with petroleum jelly or napalm, that
way you have fiery, incendiary shotgun cannon blasts! Everything is
better with more burning added to it.

Welcome back then. Haven't I seen you on the TF2 servers every once in a while? And I'm just starting out LOL. Any tips?
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
OBS.GS.§S wrote:
snip:

It's
good to be back, the reason I suddenly left so long ago was because
College had started, and I devoted time getting adjusted to that, then I
started playing a game called league of legends, and I devoted time to
that, I even went through driving school during the late summer, then
about a month or so later, I was all set to start posting again, but
then I saw that you guys had already gone through another thread so I
decided to try and read all of that thread before I posted again so that
I could make educated and relevant posts, but then I fell behind
because I didn't put enough time or effort in. Then you guys went
through another thread, and I vowed to read through that one too, and
eventually I just fell so far behind in keeping up with the community
that began to feel hopeless and I couldn't figure out how to join the
community again without coming off as really awkward, like I was trying
to fit into a place I didn't belong in anymore.

Then finally I
realized something: Project Horizons, and it's community, had given me
something to do. More than that though, this had all given me a purpose,
not a purpose like schooling or work or any of life's necessities like
that, all this had given me something to do of my own volition,
something that I could put my thoughts and abilities towards that was
always growing, always changing, giving feedback and having it be looked
at and scrutinized by important people. For the first time that I could
remember, I felt like I was finally a part of a grand project, rather
than simply observing these wonders as I always had.

So now I
think it's time for me to actually put forth that effort and time, and
keep posting regularly, no more half-ass'ing it, no more falling off the
wagon, I owe it to Project Horizons, I owe it to Somber, and I owe it
to you guys for giving me one the few things I have to look forward to
when I get up in the morning.

I'm going to be looking for a way
to contribute to the community beyond posting as well, maybe fanart,
maybe something else, all I know is I'm going to try to do more than
just make posts.
_________

By the way, what's this I hear
about an AI? You mean like Artificial Intelligence? Was he like an OC of
sorts? I wonder what he was like, that must've been pretty interesting
to have conversations with and stuff, to say the least. Hopefully he'll
come back someday, I'd like to meet him as well, maybe then I would
finally have someone (or something I suppose) to share my love of
anagrams with.

_________

Also with the cannons firing
grapeshot, maybe it would be even better if you coated the pellets or
grapes or whatever they're called with petroleum jelly or napalm, that
way you have fiery, incendiary shotgun cannon blasts! Everything is
better with more burning added to it.

Welcome back then. Haven't I seen you on the TF2 servers every once in a while? And I'm just starting out LOL. Any tips?
oh hey, OBS.GS.§S, do you want an invite for the PHCC steam group? we could use more people
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Hello to the old/new guy.
You won't remember me as I was not around when you were posting (But I read your comments)

And yeah I totally remember the AI guy, I guess he dropped it because it looked like a ton of work to do that. He lasted what ten pages worth?
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am

Randomish thing:
I was struck by a whim to see if I could knock together a very rough timeline of various events. The rather headcanony result is below:
Code:
formation of the Pax Roamana 0PR
defeat of the Diamond Dog empire by the Northern Zebras 50PR
meteor and fall of the Northern Zebras 80PR
pony colonization of the Equestrian Peninsula 180PR 0E
Discord arrives, Celestia and Luna descend 580PR 400E->0G
Nightmare Moon rises and is defeated 780PR 200G->0C
FiM begins 1780PR 1000C->0D
the war begins 1795PR 15D
Littlehorn 1804PR 21D->0L
the war ends 1815PR 11L
FoE begins 2015PR 11L->0SR
This is probably pretty inaccurate, more so in some areas than others, so I'm not worried about holding to it too closely.
Explanation of calendar identifiers:
PR is probably the most obvious; it reckons years from the foundation of the Pax Roamana, the alliance of disparate Zebra groups under Roam
E is for Equestria; this is the calendar used from the founding of Equestria to the arrival of Discord
G is for Goddesses; this was used between the descent of Celestia and Luna and the appearance of Nightmare Moon; during this period, Equestria was officially ruled by the reconstructed secular government, but the influence of the Princesses (particularly Celestia, of course) was considerable and only grew over the decades; by the time Celestia officially assumed power following the banishment of Nightmare Moon, she was already pretty much in charge
C was used during the millennium between the banishment of Nightmare Moon and the return of Princess Luna
D, for diarchy, is for the period when Celestia and Luna at least officially ruled together; it ended when Luna assumed sole power after Littlehorn
L was the calendar during Luna's reign and lasted at least until the end of the war
after that, however, the Equestrian calendar is a bit uncertain until the adoption of the Sunshine and Rainbows calendar after events of Fallout Equestria

Note: this post was written the way it was partly due to me pressing "Send" instead of "Preview" early in its composition; I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:27 am

...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 am

swicked wrote:...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.
My impression as well was that the diamond dogs were incapable of large scale empires due to their pack nature growth limit.

I've have to take a more detailed look at your timeline in the morning.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:51 am

swicked wrote:...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.
Oh, you've not heard this bit of my headcanon? The Diamond Dog empire was (debatably, but not tremendously so) the first known civilization to exist on the Equestrian Peninsula. At their height they were highly sophisticated and prosperous, their tunnels and underground settlements spanning most of the central region of the peninsula on either side of the central mountains (under which lay their capital, El Dogrado, the fabled City of Gems). They initially for the most part ignored the zebra settlers who started to move onto the peninsula; they preferred the underground to the surface, and the sacrifices from which their geourges drew magic were thought better if drawn from their own people or lingering Diamond Dog rivals through various methods. As the Zebras became more established, however, conflicts began to become more frequent; the Zebras coveted the great wealth of the empire, and the Diamond Dogs were beginning to see the Zebras as powerful and worthy foes. This resulted in a series of wars, the last of which ended when, the tide turned by increasingly powerful Starkatteri mages, the Zebras stormed and sacked El Dogrado. The empire, still pressed by the zebras and now starting to hear rumblings of civil war, saw its final end in the earthquakes and chaos following the destruction of the Northern Zebra capital, and the Diamond Dogs were reduced to a fractured, primitive tribal state that would last for over a millennium.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 am

hinds makes his own universe in there, then gets us all confused with it.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 am

I'm afraid that I don't have many details on what Equestrian Hellhound civilization was like, though I imagine that it was getting reasonably good by the end. I can say that my highly-provisional post-SR headcanon has Canine Petroleum eventually becoming NEROC's main competitor in supplying petroleum and petroleum products to the settlements and civilizations of the Equestrian Peninsula (probably most prominently the NCR).

(Canine Petroleum was founded by Hellhounds resettling in some formerly Zebra lands to the south of the peninsula. NEROC is the New Equestrian Rock Oil Company, which, like NETC, is backed by the Elusive Alliance in part as part of a ploy for power.)

(If anyone's interested, I've also pondered up two dueling automobile manufacturers for when/if the Equestrian Peninsula starts using them. Chromeshine Carriages uses computer-controlled two-stroke boxer twins with electric transmissions, while the Boomcan Automatic Coach Company uses mostly mechanical or electromechanical four-stroke engines with varying cylinder numbers and configurations hooked to mechanical transmissions. While Chromeshine vehicles tend to be quite efficient and high quality, they're also much more expensive even before tariffs (CC being an Alliance-based company) are added on. BACC vehicles, meanwhile, while more cic(Hm... I'd better come up with a Pony name for it, actually; NEROC probably would... though maybe just spelling it with ks would be enough?)-hungry among other faults, are much cheaper and are a domestic product of the NCR. Of course, it was only once Canine Petroleum started selling that the rivalry could really get going.)
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hinds makes his own universe in there, then gets us all confused with it.
[looks at previous post going into the sociopoliconomic rivalry between two post-FoE automobile manufactures operating in the NCR]
I'm sure that I don't know what you mean. Applejack
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 am

i should emphasize thart this is a cadence shining armor thing and guy is like vocally perfect
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hinds makes his own universe in there, then gets us all confused with it.
[looks at previous post going into the sociopoliconomic rivalry between two post-FoE automobile manufactures operating in the NCR]
I'm sure that I don't know what you mean. Applejack

its hard to forge a world then not tell its story, it just gets me confused is all
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am

I think it a try to attempt using voice dictation feature on the iPad and I never really wanted maybe you should try this notes works with brown shirt does punctuation will see

Cripes that looks almost as horrible as that tripe I attempted to write earlier. At least you all were able to understand what I was saying there!
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am

By the way, any hypotheses on the origins of the Elements of Harmony?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down