Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Right. I had forgotten how strange these conversations could turn. I don't have any strong opinion on... Fruit... but I'm glad to see the Hindsbrain working. Do you think you may do another short?

Cptadder wrote:
2. Sky carriages are Pegesus only but there are plenty of normal carriages that are just weight offset so Earth ponies can pull them easily. IE while a Sky carriage has a complicated hover system a normal ground carriage just has enough to offset the weight of the carriage itself when activated so your just pulling the load. They could go further and make out and out hover tanks but seeing the recharge requirements means treads and traditional tanks

Am I the only one under the impression that sky carriages are carriages with a pegasus on one end? Heck, if I'm remembering this right even a sky tank was just a tank with a pegasus strapped to the inside.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Right. I had forgotten how strange these conversations could turn. I don't have any strong opinion on... Fruit... but I'm glad to see the Hindsbrain working. Do you think you may do another short?

Cptadder wrote:
2. Sky carriages are Pegesus only but there are plenty of normal carriages that are just weight offset so Earth ponies can pull them easily. IE while a Sky carriage has a complicated hover system a normal ground carriage just has enough to offset the weight of the carriage itself when activated so your just pulling the load. They could go further and make out and out hover tanks but seeing the recharge requirements means treads and traditional tanks

Am I the only one under the impression that sky carriages are carriages with a pegasus on one end? Heck, if I'm remembering this right even a sky tank was just a tank with a pegasus strapped to the inside.
That's what I always pictured. Basically just saw it as a chariot with armor plating all around it and some guns on the outside, plus that little hover-device to help the pegasi flying with holding all of the extra weight from the weapons and armor.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Right. I had forgotten how strange these conversations could turn. I don't have any strong opinion on... Fruit... but I'm glad to see the Hindsbrain working. Do you think you may do another short?

Cptadder wrote:

That's the impression I got. Although they have a technomagic system using spark batteries that negates their weight I think. Or helps pull them along. ANYWAY it makes it go fasta, especially if it's red. Luna

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
wanna talk about dried pears and how they taste like yogurt?
You mean pear flavored yogurt? Yes.
And apples taste like apple flavored yogurt.
And oranges taste like orange yogurt.
The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
wanna talk about dried pears and how they taste like yogurt?
You mean pear flavored yogurt? Yes.
And apples taste like apple flavored yogurt.
And oranges taste like orange yogurt.
The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Thank you XD That was perfect

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:58 pm

And zap apple yogurt tastes shockingly like apple yogurt. Heh

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am

"the Hindsbrain"
...Oookay then.

I posted one in the thread recently, actually; I suppose that it's on one of the pages you haven't looked at, though. I'll track it down for you (though it's not all that good... among other things, I knocked the entire thing up in a morning after having gotten not enough sleep the previous night).
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:02 am

iLateralGX wrote:I have never had a pear in my entire life. I have had yogurt though. So if they really do taste the same I can save myself some trouble and never try dried pears! You might have just saved my life.
And five: Very important, five, don't let me eat pears. I hate pears.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 am

FeatherDust wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:I have never had a pear in my entire life. I have had yogurt though. So if they really do taste the same I can save myself some trouble and never try dried pears! You might have just saved my life.
And five: Very important, five, don't let me eat pears. I hate pears.
I was wondering when this would be brought into the conversation :D

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am

Found it!
O. Hinds wrote:
Random-not-very-good-writing:
The first sign I got that something might be wrong was the big belly-mounted cic engine starting up; last I'd checked, we had plenty of battery power and no orders to relocate. I was away down the road at the time, on my way back from an early morning walk (though not one getting out of sight of the cab), and I quickened my pace a bit, anxious to find out what was happening. When the secondary stabilizing legs went down on both the vehicle and the trailer parked a short distance away and connected by a tether, though, I broke into a canter, and the sight and sounds of the capsules on both the TEL and the MEL starting to pivot up to the vertical sent me into a dead gallop.

"Nerva, what's… going on?" I panted as soon as I reached the cab and got the door open. My partner pointed a hoof at the center of the control panel.

The panel was divided into three sections. The Vehicle section held controls and indicators related to moving the big machine. Steering control, navigation lights, motor power controls, etc. The General section held things that didn't clearly fit in either of the other categories, such as the radio and the engine controls. The third section, Missile, had most prominently displayed a quartet of translucent panels, a glyph inscribed on each; behind each panel were, for redundancy, multiple illuminating lights hooked into the automated parts of the TEL's radio system. "Alert" was a warning to be on our guard; it was serious, but it didn't given any commands to the machinery beyond lighting the panel. "Armed 1" was more serious: it disengaged the remote safeties, meaning that, in theory, we could actually go from Armed 1 to a launch without any further outside input. Armed 1 was also an instruction to us to assume launch readiness if we were already parked. "Armed 2" disengaged the rest of the safeties and woke up the missiles themselves, telling them to spin up their gyroscopes, warm up their electronics, and get position data from their capsules (which in turn, in our case, requested position data from the TEL's systems). Armed 2 was also an instruction to us to assume launch readiness as soon as possible no matter what we were doing at them time, previous orders notwithstanding. The last panel read "Fire when Ready," and it lighting would mean the end of the world as we knew it.

At the moment, "Alert" and "Armed 1" were lit. "It came through just now," Nerva said tensely. "No explanation on the radio," which meant that everyone who knew what was going on wanted it kept off the airwaves.

I climbed into my seat and shut the door. The console beeped, and four green lights came on. "TEL and MEL systems ready for launch," I said quietly. "Capsule systems green. Missiles asleep. Remote safeties off. Local safeties on."

We sat there, staring tensely for some time, I'm not sure how long, at those silent, innocuous-looking bits of glowing plastic in the center of the console. Then, suddenly, Nerva gave a nervous laugh and spoke. "So… Want to play a game or something? We can't leave the cab, but sitting here staring isn't going to--"

He was cut off by the harsh buzz that signaled a weapon order status change. The two of us looked at the console, frozen. All four panels were now lit, the last glaring a red of doom. I reached over and hoofed off the buzz.

"We're ready now," I said. Nerva nodded and looked down at the two buttons, the two buttons that were the entire reason for the existence of this vehicle and our jobs, under their safety covers.

"We've got orders. We knew what we were getting into, and the commands wouldn't have been sent without reason," I continued. Nerva nodded again and kept staring. I joined him.

Then, all at once, I sprang into action. Covers flipped up… buttons pressed. The SACII was never designed to be recoilless, nor were the capsules designed to be reusable. The lift system is fast enough to be called an ejection system, and the booster rockets ignite and send their exhaust into the closed-bottomed capsule as soon as they clear the rim. Even with the bracing, the cab shook violently, and we could hear the rapidly fading roar of the boosters over the noise of the engine.

I opened the window and stuck my head out, staring through the drifting smoke at the two climbing and now gently curving columns. On their way up to flight altitude to discard the rockets and begin their one-way trip… I heard Nerva at the controls behind me, followed by the sound of the MEL tether being ejected. Then the TEL's capsule was shoved and tilted further back, slowing at first and then gathering speed to crash loudly into the ground behind us. The primary and secondary stabilizing legs came up as the now-empty capsule mount started pivoting back down. I pulled my head back in.

"Well. Now what?" I asked, looking at Nerva at the vehicle controls as the TEL finished returning to drive configuration.

"You've got family about eighty klicks west, right?" He disengaged the parking brakes and started moving the big machine towards the road.

"If they're still there."

"Might as well check."
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am

The force at which I would roll my eyes at some of these posts would tear my retinas. Not "that's annoying" but "oh you".

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 am

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:28 am

OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 am

On an unrelated note, I need some prime examples of Large Hams in film and literature. I will give my KINGDOM, my WHOLE KINGDOM for some DECENT EXAMPLES of a LARGE HAM!

O. Hinds wrote:Found it!
O. Hinds wrote:
Random-not-very-good-writing:
The first sign I got that something might be wrong was the big belly-mounted cic engine starting up; last I'd checked, we had plenty of battery power and no orders to relocate. I was away down the road at the time, on my way back from an early morning walk (though not one getting out of sight of the cab), and I quickened my pace a bit, anxious to find out what was happening. When the secondary stabilizing legs went down on both the vehicle and the trailer parked a short distance away and connected by a tether, though, I broke into a canter, and the sight and sounds of the capsules on both the TEL and the MEL starting to pivot up to the vertical sent me into a dead gallop.

"Nerva, what's… going on?" I panted as soon as I reached the cab and got the door open. My partner pointed a hoof at the center of the control panel.

The panel was divided into three sections. The Vehicle section held controls and indicators related to moving the big machine. Steering control, navigation lights, motor power controls, etc. The General section held things that didn't clearly fit in either of the other categories, such as the radio and the engine controls. The third section, Missile, had most prominently displayed a quartet of translucent panels, a glyph inscribed on each; behind each panel were, for redundancy, multiple illuminating lights hooked into the automated parts of the TEL's radio system. "Alert" was a warning to be on our guard; it was serious, but it didn't given any commands to the machinery beyond lighting the panel. "Armed 1" was more serious: it disengaged the remote safeties, meaning that, in theory, we could actually go from Armed 1 to a launch without any further outside input. Armed 1 was also an instruction to us to assume launch readiness if we were already parked. "Armed 2" disengaged the rest of the safeties and woke up the missiles themselves, telling them to spin up their gyroscopes, warm up their electronics, and get position data from their capsules (which in turn, in our case, requested position data from the TEL's systems). Armed 2 was also an instruction to us to assume launch readiness as soon as possible no matter what we were doing at them time, previous orders notwithstanding. The last panel read "Fire when Ready," and it lighting would mean the end of the world as we knew it.

At the moment, "Alert" and "Armed 1" were lit. "It came through just now," Nerva said tensely. "No explanation on the radio," which meant that everyone who knew what was going on wanted it kept off the airwaves.

I climbed into my seat and shut the door. The console beeped, and four green lights came on. "TEL and MEL systems ready for launch," I said quietly. "Capsule systems green. Missiles asleep. Remote safeties off. Local safeties on."

We sat there, staring tensely for some time, I'm not sure how long, at those silent, innocuous-looking bits of glowing plastic in the center of the console. Then, suddenly, Nerva gave a nervous laugh and spoke. "So… Want to play a game or something? We can't leave the cab, but sitting here staring isn't going to--"

He was cut off by the harsh buzz that signaled a weapon order status change. The two of us looked at the console, frozen. All four panels were now lit, the last glaring a red of doom. I reached over and hoofed off the buzz.

"We're ready now," I said. Nerva nodded and looked down at the two buttons, the two buttons that were the entire reason for the existence of this vehicle and our jobs, under their safety covers.

"We've got orders. We knew what we were getting into, and the commands wouldn't have been sent without reason," I continued. Nerva nodded again and kept staring. I joined him.

Then, all at once, I sprang into action. Covers flipped up… buttons pressed. The SACII was never designed to be recoilless, nor were the capsules designed to be reusable. The lift system is fast enough to be called an ejection system, and the booster rockets ignite and send their exhaust into the closed-bottomed capsule as soon as they clear the rim. Even with the bracing, the cab shook violently, and we could hear the rapidly fading roar of the boosters over the noise of the engine.

I opened the window and stuck my head out, staring through the drifting smoke at the two climbing and now gently curving columns. On their way up to flight altitude to discard the rockets and begin their one-way trip… I heard Nerva at the controls behind me, followed by the sound of the MEL tether being ejected. Then the TEL's capsule was shoved and tilted further back, slowing at first and then gathering speed to crash loudly into the ground behind us. The primary and secondary stabilizing legs came up as the now-empty capsule mount started pivoting back down. I pulled my head back in.

"Well. Now what?" I asked, looking at Nerva at the vehicle controls as the TEL finished returning to drive configuration.

"You've got family about eighty klicks west, right?" He disengaged the parking brakes and started moving the big machine towards the road.

"If they're still there."

"Might as well check."

Oh I seen it. I'm just crossing my fingers for more.

No matter which way you slice it, zebras are 'the other guys' in FO:E. In order to do any piece on them you'd need to put actual, honest to goodness thought into it. It's a valuable resource, but one abundant in the Hindsbrain (and I refuse to stop using that term, by the way). There were a couple of mistakes I could point out in there, but they are overshadowed by the depth you've clearly thought through.

In essence... gimme more zebra, you're good at it.

Last edited by Meleagridis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NEEDS MORE HAM)
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 am

O. Hinds wrote:Question to the group: Do you think that "Ohe Zebrae" (and I doubt that I'll go past the title, as filking a song in one language I don't know into another language I don't know is a wee bit above my abilities; even the title was a bit tricky) would be a good national anthem for the Zebras?
I dunno. Maybe once upon a time, but with the new structure and ever-increasing power and reverence to the Caesar, I'd think the song would be centered upon him, especially in the time after the bombs when all tribes are being forced into being subservient to him. The song, in my mind, should be something that reflects his power and prominence first and foremost, not just that of the zebra.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am

Meleagridis wrote:

No matter which way you slice it, zebras are 'the other guys' in FO:E. In order to do any piece on them you'd need to put actual, honest to goodness thought into it. It's a valuable resource, but one abundant in the Hindsbrain (and I refuse to stop using that term, by the way). There were a couple of mistakes I could point out in there, but they are overshadowed by the depth you've clearly thought through.

Yeah...I'm sucking at it...probably why my story doesn't get any reads, but oh well.

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 am

Incidentally, since this thread seems to have been trending a bit towards randomness recently, I've been pondering how to install a FiM/Landstalker fusion into the distant past of FoE. (Why? Why not?! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!) I'm annoyingly close, not too far to give up entirely but still too far to just say "Eh, that's close enough."

Also, this is playing at the moment due to it being at the end of the most recent Bronyville. And, eh, while I'm tossing up links to pony music of that sort, here's some more.

Oh, and for those who missed it earlier, the prospective tune for "Ohe Zebrae".

I probably ought to be getting to bed soon; I may not have to get up until 1000, but time is getting on.
...Oh look, more posts that have popped up while I've been typing.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:19 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:

Yeah...I'm sucking at it...probably why my story doesn't get any reads, but oh well.

Got a link to that story? I will read the shit out of it.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 am

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:

Got a link to that story? I will read the shit out of it.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/51133/Fallout-Equestria%3A-All-That-Remains
Thanks

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 am

CamoBadger wrote:

If I may?

It's true that this extremely deep thought is a great advantage that gives artists like Hinds an edge. But it is not a requirement. The will to write and practice is all you need.

Need I remind that over 12000 people have looked at Cold as Ice?

Last edited by Meleagridis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 am

Meleagridis wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

If I may?

It's true that deep thought is a great advantage that gives artists like Hinds an edge. But it is not a requirement. The will to write and practice is all you need.

Shy
...true...

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:31 am

right so it looks like Somber is going to be approached about Blackjack being used or already has approached about BJ being used in Sweetie Chronicles, and I jut know that poor little mare is going to bescarred from being in the Hoof.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 am

Meleagridis wrote:On an unrelated note, I need some prime examples of Large Hams in film and literature. I will give my KINGDOM, my WHOLE KINGDOM for some DECENT EXAMPLES of a LARGE HAM!
Why, for film, you've no further to look than any role played by BRIAN BLESSED. Literature... Hm... No ideas at the moment, sorry.

Meleagridis wrote:

...You really think that it's that good? Huh. Well, thank you for the vote of confidence, and I'll see what I can do if I get another suitable idea. Unfortunately, I'm much better at thinking of these things than writing them; my longest work to date is only about 27k and took me... over a year, I think? It was a while ago. It's not all that good, either. Most works of any appreciable length I start, and that in itself is pretty infrequent, tend to not even reach an end.

Oh, have you seen the alpha of the larger-area map in my DA Scraps? You might find it interesting, though you'd need something that can read Photoshop layers to see all of it.

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Question to the group: Do you think that "Ohe Zebrae" (and I doubt that I'll go past the title, as filking a song in one language I don't know into another language I don't know is a wee bit above my abilities; even the title was a bit tricky) would be a good national anthem for the Zebras?
I dunno. Maybe once upon a time, but with the new structure and ever-increasing power and reverence to the Caesar, I'd think the song would be centered upon him, especially in the time after the bombs when all tribes are being forced into being subservient to him. The song, in my mind, should be something that reflects his power and prominence first and foremost, not just that of the zebra.
Eh... Sorry, but that's not really my view of what was going on. Sure, the Caesar was very important and might have featured in a few pieces of propaganda, but there was no cult of personality or dictatorship or anything like that.

CamoBadger wrote:
...Um, sorry, but... it might help if you put a link in your signature, perhaps? I didn't even know that you were an author (assuming that I haven't just forgotten, in which case, sorry!).
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 am

O. Hinds wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
...Um, sorry, but... it might help if you put a link in your signature, perhaps? I didn't even know that you were an author (assuming that I haven't just forgotten, in which case, sorry!).
Oh, yeah...might be a good idea. I don't publicize it very well...
Also, that little blurb is really nice, I would definitely read more!

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:41 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

If I may?

It's true that deep thought is a great advantage that gives artists like Hinds an edge. But it is not a requirement. The will to write and practice is all you need.

Shy
...true...
I'd also like to point out that you have written over twenty-five thousand words so far (which I haven't read yet, and really shouldn't start reading tonight, sorry...), while I have written... I'm not actually sure how many words of FoE fiction of written, but I'd be quite surprised if it was even five thousand. And those 25k words appear to have been written in under two weeks. Without even getting into the issue of skill, having good ideas for things to write is a bit less important with regard to producing something than actually doing some writing is.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:right so it looks like Somber is going to be approached about Blackjack being used or already has approached about BJ being used in Sweetie Chronicles, and I jut know that poor little mare is going to bescarred from being in the Hoof.
I did see the possible mention, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:42 am

CamoBadger wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
...Blurb? I'm sorry (and my, I seem to be apologizing a lot tonight for some reason...), but what are you talking about?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 am

O. Hinds wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
...Blurb? I'm sorry (and my, I seem to be apologizing a lot tonight for some reason...), but what are you talking about?
The little segment of writing you posted above.
And yeah...I did a lot of writing on it, but I don't really edit much...or really at all...mainly I wait until a reader points out a problem before I fix it.

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 am

CamoBadger wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
The little segment of writing you posted above.
And yeah...I did a lot of writing on it, but I don't really edit much...or really at all...mainly I wait until a reader points out a problem before I fix it.
Ah, that... It's not a blurb. That's the whole story, such as it is. This is what I was talking about with the "actually writing" thing.

With regard to editing, well, that can work. Perhaps you'll also attract an editor.

And now I'm afraid that I really do need to be getting to bed. Goodnight all!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:50 am

Oh...sorry...It's still very nice though, I'd like reading more of it.

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 am

O. Hinds wrote:
swicked wrote:
Eh... Sorry, but that's not really my view of what was going on. Sure, the Caesar was very important and might have featured in a few pieces of propaganda, but there was no cult of personality or dictatorship or anything like that.
Sekashi wrote:“Ah. That is another funny story. Once upon a time there was a great king who ordered all his people to go forth and make great war against a terrible enemy. And so they did. It was great and it was terrible. And when it ended the king was slain, the enemy was slain, and all the armies of the world were slain. But afterwards, some who remained remembered the great king’s order and so went out to do war with an enemy long past. And they marched left and they marched right and they raised their spears and shouted old cheers and all they came across they counted as their enemy. When they found other zebras they insisted they follow his orders as well. Any who refused were counted as the enemy. And so they fight a silly war against enemies of their own making for a great king long since fallen.”
I'm just really thinking there's a sort of fanaticism to being so devoted to their dead king's orders, and any sort of anthem of the revenant, at the very least, would reflect that.
Further, I'd expect the days leading up to D-Day to be filled with a similar fanatisism. After all, the zebra knew they were losing (at least the higher-ups did) and were fighting less for their lives and more for their very souls. The ponies had the zebra's devil on their side, an actual goddess in total command of the night, and I'd expect they'd elect someone among their own to be their champion and savior. To that end, why not their Caesar, their protector and light through these tumultuous times?
In general, the term Caesar all but implied a sort of deification... the real life Caesars always were. I just don't see the how he could be anything less.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top