Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:37 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I do this for science

ewwwww anthro Scootaloo
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:38 am

stringtheory wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Going to check out Kipp's posts now. Hope there's nothing too... Nevermind, just wish me luck. And keep a bottle of brain bleach around just in case please.

*edit* Got to the point where CamoBadger NO'd Kip. It was...um... decent. Some nice touches here and there. Not sure if it was intentional, but there was a possible reference to a Ray Bradbury book. Plot was a bit cliche though. Why him? It kinda left me similar to the My Little Dashie thing, where bland protagonist had a dull life until suddenly Pony intervention. And nothing in life is interesting, and goes by like a blur. And her being surprised about the weather? What about the Everfree? Ugh... could go on.

Do I even want to touch that spoiler?
If you like you like clop/erotic scenes maybe

NOPE. Not my thing. Besides, from what I've heard from friends, most e-scenes in any fic tend to be generic and go into the enough of the same motions that it's like IKEA. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 702243357

@Rum
?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:

As for souls inhabiting objects, I do like this idea - hauntings and such, part of people/ponies becoming attached to an object that they were "attached" to in life, haunting it or granting it strange properties. This was always my headcanon for how special, named equipment that wasn't physically modified worked in the Fallout games. However, that's not to say that this works with FOE; just that I like the idea. :)
My head cannon was slightly different and based on that old human delusion of imbued traits.

What's that you ask?
Simple I'm going to give you three objects

First here is a tasteful sweater that fits you great
Second you may have this football
Third here is a writing notebook, the cover is worn but the pages are all still blank

So what you might say, remember your reaction to each gift and when you've written them down, then click the spoiler
Spoiler:
Now how have your views on each object changed with that addition bit of information.
That's imbued traits, the idea that some of what you are can rub off on inanimate objects.

After all if you were offered the choice of two rifles, one factor fresh, the second the well worn property of a Marine scout sniper with over thirty kills caved into the stock which would you chose?
Most people chose the used piece of equipment if the one who used it was famous or infamous or simply known to be skilled. Death does not need to enter into it, only use, care and attention to the object in question.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 am

ketchup504 wrote:Okay, I'm going to get something going if no one else will.

What are a few of your most memorable moments of PH?

One I've been thinking of all day is when Lancer killed the zebras after they were freed, and shot Blackjack.
First one that comes to mind is when BJ opens the door to 99, and finds out the raiders are her stablemates. That one blindsided me hard, especially coming on the heels of the fun, relatively lighthearted adventures with Thrush.

The Chorus was the pinnacle moment of 'ick' for me. Even the hospital horrors, as awful as they were, were still... well... monsters. The screaming room kind of went beyond that, making its victims somehow fundamentally less.

The third one is Mini getting stuck in the wall. I think that was the first time I really felt sorry for an antagonist in PH. The bit with Gem begging her to "go ghosty" really broke my heart.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 am

hmm it seems the image does not like hot linking, that is okay because it was only for science and I thought that it was funny that she had ands and her legs ended in hooves, how can she balance without a big toe?!

well i guess it is technically one big toe, but we use our other toes for balance too...

honsetly her breasts wouldn't be that large anyway, and they were in the wrong spot, the teets are between the legs...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Horse_anatomy_engraving

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Head-and-all-Four-Legs-presented

see two teats between the legs

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Mare_repro_organs

also this whole sex thing, horses have a vestibule and all that... now there was that image above which would be really uncomfortable in birth there was another posistion for the foal where the head is tucked ad all wrong, that looks really painful, poor foal

Last edited by Admiral Stoic Rum on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:46 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hmm it seems the image does not like hot linking, that is okay because it was only for science and I thought that it was funny that she had ands and her legs ended in hooves, how can she balance without a big toe?!

well i guess it is technically one big toe, but we use our other toes for balance too...

honsetly her breasts wouldn't be that large anyway, and they were in the wrong spot, the teets are between the legs...
Fun fact: horses still have the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in their legs to operate 3 toes, which they had before evolving hooves. So, I imagine that standing on 2 legs might be a little tough for her, but she could get used to it....until you account for the breasts, then she wouldn't be able to keep her balance at all.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hmm it seems the image does not like hot linking, that is okay because it was only for science and I thought that it was funny that she had ands and her legs ended in hooves, how can she balance without a big toe?!

Fun fact: horses still have the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in their legs to operate 3 toes, which they had before evolving hooves. So, I imagine that standing on 2 legs might be a little tough for her, but she could get used to it....until you account for the breasts, then she wouldn't be able to keep her balance at all.

yes tha tis what I mean, unless they were between her legs, then the gravity is lowered to the pelvis...

also, you have an awesome Murky Avatar where is it from?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

yes tha tis what I mean, unless they were between her legs, then the gravity is lowered to the pelvis...

also, you have an awesome Murky Avatar where is it from?
True, that would help, but only so much.

And it is from here: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=murky+number+seven&offset=0#/d50kjvs
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 am

I guess sharing an emanciated horse can help people visualize wat murky really looks like

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Emaciatedhorsea
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 am

Now just add the scars, patches of missing coat, taint-mutated ears, and it'll match perfectly...damnit now I'm sad...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:57 am

nebulous wrote:Has anyone made a timeline of the events in Fallout: Equestria and/or Project Horizons?
Not a general-purpose one. Are you interested in my countdown-to-Maripony schedule, or are you looking for something broader in scope?

Randombuttons wrote:Given how little we know about how their souls work, you can always say that the soul released from the victim has selfishly modified the memories in the orb.
I don't support this argument, but I can't exactly contradict it.
We also can't prove that dying in a memory orb doesn't send you to the Battletech universe. There are, in fact, an infinite number of possibilities with no support that *could* happen.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 am

CamoBadger wrote:Now just add the scars, patches of missing coat, taint-mutated ears, and it'll match perfectly...damnit now I'm sad...

how does this make you sad, I have found the fan art some what bothersome in that you don't really see how Emaciated Murkey really is. how he should be since he is so underfed. his flanks and barrel are always portrayed as full\
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:13 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Now just add the scars, patches of missing coat, taint-mutated ears, and it'll match perfectly...damnit now I'm sad...

how does this make you sad, I have found the fan art some what bothersome in that you don't really see how Emaciated Murkey really is. how he should be since he is so underfed. his flanks and barrel are always portrayed as full\
True, but probably because nobody has the lack of a heart to draw him like that...wait...I lied
Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 am

right, actually I find it to be something to be done not because it is cruel but because it is true. If i were to tell a story of how i escaped my suffering and made a new life for myself, I would want my image of suffering to be clear so that when I escape when i am free then others would know just how important it was to me. not just physically mind you, but to see the differences not only in physical shape but in the attitudes well, something you don't overcome but others the ability to stand tall among them would be something worth holding true.

In short I think it does a character credit to be drawn as they are, not just in sp[irit, but in physical description.

besides the way murky's spirit is now, the skinny starved slave is just what he is.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Randombuttons Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 am

Whoa whoa whoa, who turned the PH thread into a Murky thread?
(Said person will be the reason behind my starting to read the fanfiction.)

Randombuttons
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 am

that would be me

also

I was thinking i would reveal the nature of admiral rum

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/neptune-symbol.html

his cutie mark is a trident holding a cask aloft

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Rum_s_cutie_mark_by_haissan-d5gjkd0

everyone wondered why I took so long to determine this meaning, but for the character, he was deep... deeper than i Initially expected, only I killed him so there
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:40 am

Randombuttons wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, who turned the PH thread into a Murky thread?
You should totally read it - it's really good. It's the darkest thing I've ever read.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:42 am

also this is hilarious, shackles and murky believe his cutie mark represents slavery in the most epitomous fashion. The thing is, a slave's shackles are never open.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 am

Randombuttons wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, who turned the PH thread into a Murky thread?

Eh, just be warned that the chapters are extra long compared to Project Horizons.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 am

Yeah, they average around 30k words.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 am

considering the length of Ph chapters, he is saying something significant
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Randombuttons Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Eh, just be warned that the chapters are extra long compared to Project Horizons.
I eat PH-length chapters as snacks!
I don't think any of us minds a long fanfiction after having read FoE.

RoboRed wrote:
You should totally read it - it's really good. It's the darkest thing I've ever read.
I'll be the judge to that. The concept of the story seems really attractive and I'll eat my hat with great appreciation if the story ends without the hero ending up in a bigger plot than his own - wow, that came out so wrong.

Randombuttons
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 am

Ha, regarding what Cptadder recently mentioned about people preferring stuff owned by famous people... Well, he's surely not wrong! Although I expect these won't actually be used again, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 am

@spamming and derailing
- I know you all find it terribly amusing and all, but could you please stop? It's making it really difficult for me to want to check the forums.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Jeez, forgot to mention, I thought both of your last two drawings were quite cute. :)
Thank you, OAC, I'm very glad that you enjoyed them.

SilentCarto wrote:Wow, that really looks great! Like, even better
than usual. I think it must be the contrast between Boo's sepia and BJ's
bluish legs. It makes them both really pop!
And Boo looks all squishy and huggable and d'awwwwww...
Of course I forgot to reply to this one in my last post... but thank you very much, sir. I did try my very best with it, but I assure you, the contrast or anything else that makes it look better was purely unintentional.
I do try my best to make her look squishy and huggable, even if it's wrong...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:07 am

Well, I'm back, for those of you who remember me or even knew who I was in the first place. I just finished skimming through all the comments I missed (god, you guys fill up threads fast. This one is half full and it's only been five days since it opened). By the way, when I say "skim" I mean I basically just read comments by Somber, O. Hinds, and Snipehamster. If I had tried to read them all it would have taken weeks, and I likely would have gone insane in the process. That said, I would occasionally stumble upon some interesting conversation and read it through, like the The Dark Knight Rises reviews and the Sims stuff. Those were funny.

Anyways, I suppose an explanation for my absence is in order. It may not really be necessary, but I wish to give one all the same. It all started with me saying that I would try to finish the P-21 comic I was working on in time for Somber's birthday. Needless to say, I failed. At that point, I decided not to post here until I finished. So naturally, I ended up developing an art block regarding the comic, and kept putting it off. It was around that time my summer job started. My job was to be range director for the bb gun and archery ranges at a local scout camp. It was a fun job, but it also involved me living at the camp four days out of every week, including weekends. Also, the first month-and-a-half had additional days for training and additional groups coming in to camp in between the usual cub scout groups, resulting in me only having one day off on some weeks, and none on others. I also went on a week long sailing trip in the Bahamas, which was awesome. So yeah, lack of time combined with me putting it off resulted in the entire summer going by without me finishing the comic. Even when things relaxed and I had more free time, I ended up drawing stuff other than the comic. Part of what kept me away was a feeling that I needed to have something to show for my absence, which was a silly notion. Anyways, I'm back now. Finally. I really missed this.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 am

Necr0maNceR wrote:Well, I'm back
Necr0!!!!!!!! Rainbow

Welcome back, and please don't mind the bloodstains on the couch!
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 am

I'm glad to be back. I missed our little debates Spike
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:45 am

Cptadder wrote:
Remember the main problem with large tank armories in FoE, distance between the two sides. Tanks are little use when you need to move them a thousand miles to fight the nearest enemies. Also we know from tactics mentioned in FoE all sorts of RL equivalents did not exist. Pegasus power armor makes little sense if the Zebras have a ZSU equivalent with 30mm autocannons. Even something as basic a Oerlikon 20mm AA mount seems to have been limited to static defenses. Of course the amount of work required to get something like a Polsteen constructed requires all sorts of fiddly monkey men hand work and without Unicorns to do the detail work the Zebras would have to rely on those with hands (Gyphons) to do any kind of small scale detail work.

So did the Zebras have tanks, yes but they constructed interwar style WWI-WWII tanks. These are not T-90s, not even T-34s these are T-28s. Big slabs of armor with multiple turrets designed to shoot in all directions. Keep that in mind tanks are going to be big crude things if seen. Ungainly illogical designs because Pony tanks are going to be rare as they relied directly on robots and Steel Rangers rather than mounting a serious armored force. After all a Thunderhead can lift a platoon of Steel Rangers and their equipment but can't even lift more than three or four T-28 crazy pony tank equivilants.

Something kinda like this
Spoiler:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 am

Ironmonger wrote:Something kinda like this
Spoiler:
so it appears that 40k is always relevant
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next