Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Cptadder wrote:Sorry no Zebra mechs. Remember the square cubed law is a bitch for ground pressure. Big heavy diesel engines are not idea for keeping mech weight down so you can mount the armor and weaponry to make it worth it.

Ponies on the other hand Screw your square cubed law I've got Anti-gravity Gemstones!

Tracked/wheeled robots perhaps? The real world has those with the SWORD's and bomb disposal units, in FoE you have Sentries of various types and the RoboBrainless.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:*painful memories of survival mode in Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf* Ragnarok's and Ymir's (that name made me think of Sweet Potaotes or "Yams" as a kid) are dangerous if you don't have a plan or they take you by surprise. Mad Cat's, Deathadders, and various "plinkers" like the Atlas are much more dangerous in general. *aneurysm*
As much as those games were...kinda disappointing when related to the rest of the MechWarrior universe, I can agree with that. Deathadder fight...my god I hope you didn't run in there with anything less than a Loki...

I usually went straight for a Ymir or Ragnarok. Occasionally I would go in with just power armor and be the biggest irritation I can possibly be. I once played hide-and-go-fuck-yourself as power armor vs a thor in the arena map. Freaking hilarious.
That's really the only way to play Power Armor, and it makes the game so much more fun XD

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Gives a whole new meaning to Man vs Machine.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 pm

I loved that game, specifically the "Grinder" mode. I used the Atlas or the Prometheus variant almost exclusively.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Grinder was...so painful. It didn't suck too much in the first few waves, but once you got through 2 or 3 rounds it was horrifying. 3 Deathadders at once was...my god I'd rather fight the last boss in a Cougar.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Cptadder wrote:Sorry no Zebra mechs. Remember the square cubed law is a bitch for ground pressure. Big heavy diesel engines are not idea for keeping mech weight down so you can mount the armor and weaponry to make it worth it.

Ponies on the other hand Screw your square cubed law I've got Anti-gravity Gemstones!

Ah, but you are forgetting the ability of Zebra alchemical engineering to provide materials with mass to [insert desired attribute here] unknown to Earthly designers!

...Or is that just something from my headcanon? I can't tell...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm

They can step in juice and then grow wings, I think we could say they've used alchemy on metal and such to make it lighter and stronger at the same time.

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Grinder was...so painful. It didn't suck too much in the first few waves, but once you got through 2 or 3 rounds it was horrifying. 3 Deathadders at once was...my god I'd rather fight the last boss in a Cougar.

Eventually I was fighting I think a Ragnarok, an Atlas, and like 3-5 Mad Cats. My reaction:

*raplid smashing buttons* HOLY SHIT IT'S EVERYHWERE SHIT MISSILES FLAMETHROWERS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG *dies* NO. NOOOO FUCK YOU ALL TO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Grinder was...so painful. It didn't suck too much in the first few waves, but once you got through 2 or 3 rounds it was horrifying. 3 Deathadders at once was...my god I'd rather fight the last boss in a Cougar.

Eventually I was fighting I think a Ragnarok, an Atlas, and like 3-5 Mad Cats. My reaction:

*raplid smashing buttons* HOLY SHIT IT'S EVERYHWERE SHIT MISSILES FLAMETHROWERS HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG *dies* NO. NOOOO FUCK YOU ALL TO HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!
At that point I would just try to corral them all together and then made sure I died right next to them all.

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

At that point I would just try to corral them all together and then made sure I died right next to them all.

ALAHU AKBAR! *BOOM*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Question to the group: Do you think that "Ohe Zebrae" (and I doubt that I'll go past the title, as filking a song in one language I don't know into another language I don't know is a wee bit above my abilities; even the title was a bit tricky) would be a good national anthem for the Zebras?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Question to the group: Do you think that "Ohe Zebrae" (and I doubt that I'll go past the title, as filking a song in one language I don't know into another language I don't know is a wee bit above my abilities; even the title was a bit tricky) would be a good national anthem for the Zebras?

It sounds interesting.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Seems reasonable.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

odd I think there is a driver issue with my phone and the computer and my tethering software driver... never happened before

hinds are you just constructing a little corner of the Fallout Equestria universe?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

I think Hinds trains in lucid dreaming for inventing his own little zebra empire in his sleep.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 pm

What do you think would be the average town population in the wasteland? In my story one of the main cities has been pretty much untouched and has a very large population compared to other places, but not overwhelming large. Just need a comparions and sense of scale.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Question to the group: Do you think that "Ohe Zebrae" (and I doubt that I'll go past the title, as filking a song in one language I don't know into another language I don't know is a wee bit above my abilities; even the title was a bit tricky) would be a good national anthem for the Zebras?
What kind of national anthems would a bunch of tribes just recently reunited for war come up with? I'd imagine it would be a old Russian style my homeland song generic enough not to refer to any tribe (Or it refers to all the tribes) would be their anthem.

Ironmonger wrote:What do you think would be the average town population in the wasteland? In my story one of the main cities has been pretty much untouched and has a very large population compared to other places, but not overwhelming large. Just need a comparions and sense of scale.
What kind of town, there are six formal definitions of a "town" depend on country and language. If you mean the smallest self sustained community then you'll need about two hundred with a proper town right around twelve hundred with a proper "town" at about four thousand counting outlining communites.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I meant like New Appleoosa. Anyone have an estimate as to how many lived in Friendship City during the Enclave invasion and Tenpony?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I meant like New Appleoosa. Anyone have an estimate as to how many lived in Friendship City during the Enclave invasion and Tenpony?
New Appleoosa based on casualties and observed size could have been anywhere from about ninety all the way up to four hundred and fifty ponies depending on housing arrangements. Based on the loss of the train ponies I'm guessing with closer to three hundred range because a ninety pony community does not lose ten ponies and not blink an eye. Three hundred ponies and losing ten is a blow but not a massive one.

Friendship was closer to the seven hundred range based on the evacuation times.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hinds are you just constructing a little corner of the Fallout Equestria universe?
What gave me away? :)

...Though I'm not sure about "little"... So far I've to some extent ranged maybe two millennia into the past, quite a large number of klicks away, pondered the future a bit, and even added a fifth dimension (though I still don't quite have all of the details surrounding that worked out yet).

Caoimhe wrote:I think Hinds trains in lucid dreaming for inventing his own little zebra empire in his sleep.
I don't actually remember many dreams, so... maybe? I don't know. I certainly do a lot of thinking while awake, though.

Cptadder wrote:
What kind of national anthems would a bunch of tribes just recently reunited for war come up with? I'd imagine it would be a old Russian style my homeland song generic enough not to refer to any tribe (Or it refers to all the tribes) would be their anthem.
In reverse order:
I thought that something based on "Hey, Slavs" would be pretty appropriate for that sort of reason, actually. Did you not see my earlier post? I'm a bit puzzled.

Well, we definitely have differences in headcanon here. While the war certainly did make the various groups pull closer together and the Central tribes may have often been rather loosely bound before, I have the history of the four big cultural groups being to some extent united under Roam stretching back to before ponies colonized the Equestrian peninsula (meaning that it also goes back past Nightmare Moon, Discord, and the very descent of Celestia and Luna), well over a millennium ago. (Have I not explained this lot on the forum? I thought that I had... Well, not all of it, of course, since I've thought of more since last time (I don't think that the concept of the ancient Diamond Dog empire (which ruled much of the Equestria peninsula before and to an extent contemporary with the old Northern Zebra civilization) had even occurred to me at the time, for instance).)
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:16 pm

well, fine then...

wanna talk about dried pears and how they taste like yogurt?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:well, fine then...

Not particularly at the moment, sorry. Good luck, though.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:25 pm

You mean pear flavored yogurt? Yes.
And apples taste like apple flavored yogurt.
And oranges taste like orange yogurt.

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:26 pm

@Rum
What kind of pears? I've eaten home-dried asian pears, and they so don't taste like yogurt. The ones in the bags are more like soft chips.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 pm

CamoBadger wrote:

You mean pear flavored yogurt? Yes.
And apples taste like apple flavored yogurt.
And oranges taste like orange yogurt.

...For some reason this prompted Pun King in my brain to attempt bashing together "yoga" and "yogurt"...

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 pm

I have never had a pear in my entire life. I have had yogurt though. So if they really do taste the same I can save myself some trouble and never try dried pears! You might have just saved my life.
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

It did get rather difficult. I'm not sure just how far me and my brother got. We'd take turns being in the Battlearmor and one in the Vulture/Maddog or Atlas/Prometheus.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 pm

I love me some dried fruits. Dried bananas and strawberries are amazing!

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
I have never had a pear in my entire life. I have had yogurt though. So if they really do taste the same I can save myself some trouble and never try dried pears! You might have just saved my life.
They taste kinda like apples. A bit sweeter or firmer, depending on the type and ripeness. Slight texture difference and much juicier.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I imagined your voice sounding like this as you said that.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content