Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, that Rule 34. Uh... What gutter?
Well, knowing Kattlarv, it had a dual meaning all the same.
And what do you mean by 'gutter'?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Get yer mind out of it!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm

-_-
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Means you're being perverted
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Cptadder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Cptadder wrote:Catching up on the thread before the split what to say...
A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.
Actually...this depends on where you are...in some states, if they are on your property (this includes if you're in your car at the time and they're outside it), you are legally allowed to kill them if they run away.
Not really because you can not be mugged in your house, that's a home invasion and they are a burglar not a mugger.

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws...
According to a texan friend of mine, a lot of people keep a shotgun loaded with rock salt for home defense purposes. Same outward threat before firing, and lets you shoot somebody to hurt them and incapacitate them, but almost never kills or deals organ damage because it won't penetrate much past the skin.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Sindri wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Cptadder wrote:Catching up on the thread before the split what to say...
A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.
Actually...this depends on where you are...in some states, if they are on your property (this includes if you're in your car at the time and they're outside it), you are legally allowed to kill them if they run away.
Not really because you can not be mugged in your house, that's a home invasion and they are a burglar not a mugger.

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws...
According to a texan friend of mine, a lot of people keep a shotgun loaded with rock salt for home defense purposes. Same outward threat before firing, and lets you shoot somebody to hurt them and incapacitate them, but almost never kills or deals organ damage because it won't penetrate much past the skin.
My aunt in Texas keeps a machete for home defense, because she's scared of using guns...but hacking somebody apart is okay apparently...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Oh hey, I found a good fanfic where Twilight becomes a surrogate parent.

What was that I heard? Ah yes, "Past Sins"; we have dismissed that claim.

This one's way better. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/28718/The-Foal-in-The-Basket
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Here if you seriously injure someone breaking into your house most likely result is you go to prison and the burgular gets off with a warning, fine or suspended sentance. Hell just the other day a gang of people broke into a remote farmhouse, someone got shot and the couple living there were taken in for extended questioning by police.

Personally I think all convicted burgulars should hang or do hard labour for a long ass time. Kinda sick of people getting convicted of burglary and robbery over a dozen times and still being on the streets.

I'm also really looking forwards to the next chapter- I've wondered what Glory's reaction would be for a long time and also who's going to leave the gang :-/
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Speaking of which - is there a time frame on the next chapter release?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Speaking of which - is there a time frame on the next chapter release?
When the stars give favorable signs and not before.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Valikdu wrote:Oh hey, I found a good fanfic where Twilight becomes a surrogate parent.

This one's way better. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/28718/The-Foal-in-The-Basket
Past Sins certainly has its problems, but it's not too badly written. That story has an interesting premise, but I have to say that the writing isn't as good. I'm not sure if it gets better later on, but I've been around enough animals that giving Twilight an udder made me close it. But Twilight does make a great surrogate parent.

Last edited by WovenTales on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better wording)
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 pm

WovenTales wrote:
Valikdu wrote:Oh hey, I found a good fanfic where Twilight becomes a surrogate parent.

Past Sins certainly has its problems, but it's not too badly written. That story has an interesting premise, but I have to say that the writing isn't as good. I'm not sure if it gets better later on, but I've been around enough animals that giving Twilight an udder made me close it. But Twilight does make a great surrogate parent.
Did you read the older version, or the new version? (It was edited to be more up to date with Season 2 for some reason...I don't know why, I enjoyed it regardless, but that's what Pen Stroke wanted I guess)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 pm

@Kattlarv

Don't worry my fellow friend I will. Btw your posts are fun to read Dash clapping

@Self-defense

I use to be a charitable person who would feed the poor and whatnot and used to be extremely nice, but not so more (saying this to give some insight into my experiences). You don't feel like helping people when you have literally been tortured. If someone broke into my home I would inform them that my gun, later to be a Chiappa Kodiak, will not send them to the hospital, it will send them to the grave. No one breaks the law and suffers nothing on my watch. Luna

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 40_B_2

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:39 pm

That's why I believe firmly in gun control. How else am I supposed to keep my shot group within half an inch if I don't practice control?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

CamoBadger wrote:That's why I believe firmly in gun control. How else am I supposed to keep my shot group within half an inch if I don't practice control?

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Fcab6_ORIG-you_win_1_internet_2

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:17 pm

There are a lot of references to other works including fallout ph... the cops description matches bj to a tee
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:31 pm

We should get together a list of Stables/Vaults seen within Fallout/MLP crossovers and list off their experiments. Who else likes that idea?
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:We should get together a list of Stables/Vaults seen within Fallout/MLP crossovers and list off their experiments. Who else likes that idea?
Someone beat you to it http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Known_Stables
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

That's just Fallout: Equestria ones, though. There are some (though quite scarce) other ones.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Eh? Scroll down, there's a ton outside of the OG story.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 pm

No, no, I mean other crossovers of MLP and Fallout. Though I suppose those aren't of much relevance.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Orange are you talking about stories like heros murjey number seven and project horizons? That is what they posted those are the stables in many stories from fallout crossovers.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 pm

No. Other crossovers not based on FoE. Or even if they are, as I could imagine someone writing an FoE/Fallout cross. (Well, that'd be fun, wouldn't it?)

Last edited by IncoherentOrange on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Those would be lumped with the rest...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:No. Other crossovers not based on FoE. Or even if they are, as I could imagine someone writing an FoE/Fallout cross. (Well, that'd be fun, wouldn't it?
So you're looking for crossovers between MLP:FiM and Fallout that have nothing to do with Fallout: Equestria? I haven't seen any, though I admit to not looking hard...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:33 pm

He wrote one as part of a multi-crossover fic.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
WovenTales wrote:

Did you read the older version, or the new version? (It was edited to be more up to date with Season 2 for some reason...I don't know why, I enjoyed it regardless, but that's what Pen Stroke wanted I guess)
I read the last revision before the Season 2 update, and I did enjoy that version. The way I heard it, Pen Stroke was going to brush anyway for that print project (not nearly as exciting as Fo:E's) and so decided to bring it up to date at the same time. Still seems a tad excessive. At this rate, I wonder if the hard copies will be out of date after the next season.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Yeah, I did. It's not very good though. Nor does it make sense from outside. (I mean, who the hell writes a Fallout, MLP, and Pokémon crossover that isn't crazy? Trick question; it's not possible.)
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 am

I'd prefer to say "extremely unlikely". After all, a Fallout/MLP crossover makes no sense. I'd say that the best way to go after it would be to use Pokémon mechanics in the Fallout universe with pony characters—ponies catching and battling the creatures of the wasteland. But I don't think I'm a good enough writer to make it work.

A warning to everyone reading this: I'm getting tired enough to be quite talkative, so I might very likely semi-spam the thread with more or less inane replies for an hour or so, and then regret most of them in the morning.
Edit: Or I could head to bed before that happens. Not sure when I'll be talking again, but I will definitely be lurking.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:29 am

We're 1/2 done with brushing c50. a few more hours...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next