Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:52 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Cptadder wrote:Catching up on the thread before the split what to say...
A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.
Actually...this depends on where you are...in some states, if they are on your property (this includes if you're in your car at the time and they're outside it), you are legally allowed to kill them if they run away.
Not really because you can not be mugged in your house, that's a home invasion and they are a burglar not a mugger.

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws, the laws called Stand your Ground. In some states we've seen some very messed up cases as a result like in Georgia where two youths were stealing from the house across the way and the owner of the house not being robbed called 911 told them about this and then told 911 he felt in fear for his life as he left his house with a gun and shot and killed both of them which would have been double homicide in some other states but was ruled justified homicide in his state.

I'd sure as hell not move to a Stand you Ground State and I move every two years if I can because frankly Stand your Ground laws are way to abuse able since it removes the requirement that if they run away you can't fire and that if you feel in danger for your life you can use your gun, as long as you kill the other person then it's only your word on the record and you stand an excellent chance of getting off if you managed to get the other person to do anything at all to you.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Cptadder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
A mugger tries to knife you and you pull a gun he's going to back down and you let him go because if he's running it's murder to shoot him.
Actually...this depends on where you are...in some states, if they are on your property (this includes if you're in your car at the time and they're outside it), you are legally allowed to kill them if they run away.
Not really because you can not be mugged in your house, that's a home invasion and they are a burglar not a mugger.

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws, the laws called Stand your Ground. In some states we've seen some very messed up cases as a result like in Georgia where two youths were stealing from the house across the way and the owner of the house not being robbed called 911 told them about this and then told 911 he felt in fear for his life as he left his house with a gun and shot and killed both of them which would have been double homicide in some other states but was ruled justified homicide in his state.

I'd sure as hell not move to a Stand you Ground State and I move every two years if I can because frankly Stand your Ground laws are way to abuse able since it removes the requirement that if they run away you can't fire and that if you feel in danger for your life you can use your gun, as long as you kill the other person then it's only your word on the record and you stand an excellent chance of getting off if you managed to get the other person to do anything at all to you.
Colorado has something similar, Make My Day, where if someone breaks into your home you are allowed to kill them under the statement that "They threatened my family and property". I honestly like the laws, because if I'm not allowed to kill someone in my home and they harm the ones I care about or cause significant financial problems for me, I'd be pretty upset. But that's just me; morals looser than Hired Gun.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Sindri wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:What? That doesn't sound real. C'mon now.
Kipper is freaking huge, kinda crazy, nigh-suicidal overconfidence, and does not appear to feel pain. I believe it.

This man here knows.
And especially with the unable to feel pain part, hah. The amount of things I've done that should've caused me massive injury (like the time I put a dent into my shin, which is still there as a dent.... or the time I got hit by a car multiple times... or the time when I got my foot crushed to less in 1cm deep and was still able to walk/didn't break nor fracture anything... or a lot of other instances).

I'm a very... strange doesn't cut it, freaky almost cuts it, guy.
I go through so damn much and yet carry on because like Blackjack, I don't know how to stop.
The only way I know how to stop is by clocking out, which I've tried somewhere around 10 times total now. (Lost count, stopped caring in keeping track. Some have been pathetic attempts, others have been extremely strange that I survived unharmed.)

Someone trying to mug me and using their knife to intimidate them by showing them I don't care is what comes natural to me.
I don't think "Oh shit, he's trying to mug me! Better hand over the cash!" I just think "Okay, fuck you, you wanna fucking see how brave you really are? Lets do this."
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Hey, anyone else noticed our "Rule 34" doesn't seem to have been implemented yet?
No, there are a few pieces out there.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Yes, as well as more explicit fanfic pieces, I bet.
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Actually, depending on where you begin R34 classification, I had something that may sit on the borderline, commissioned via Ryx.
(French maid outfits... Mmmmmm. Can't get enough of 'em!)
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Derpmind wrote:One-shot prompt: Your One True Pair of ponies are on their first date.
Lyrabon. It would have to be epic. And preferably giving Bon Bon much more personality than just being the straight mare to Lyra's antics.
Derpmind wrote:Crazy idea that no-one will every write and probably couldn't if they wanted to: All the Mane 6 falling in love with each other, (each one is in love with the other five,) and it's totally believable and romantic. Somehow.
The major hurdle here is for any of them to start getting into polyamory. Maybe Fluttershy's had a crush on Dash forever but can't bring herself to say it, and then Dash and Pinkie start dating, and... damn. Flutters wouldn't make a love confession to Dash, she'd just curl into a ball and not say anything.

Okay, how about Dash and Pinkie start dating, and Applejack reveals her crush to Dash, and Rainbow... is loyal to Pinkie. Argh.

Maybe if Pinkie and Dash started dating, but Twilight didn't know cause she was in a particularly deep study session, and then Pinkie has casual sex with Twilight, and Dash is angry she didn't ask her about it, and they work out an arrangement, and Applejack starts acting weird around Rainbow and Pinkie, and Rainbow jokingly asks her if she has a crush on her, and Applejack freezes up, and they talk about it and Rainbow starts dating Applejack while still dating Pinkie. If Rarity didn't approve of it since it isn't what proper ladies are supposed to do, that would prevent Fluttershy from getting involved cause she'd need her friends to be universally supportive before she did something that weird. So Rarity would either have to associate it with being high-status or think that it wasn't a significant impediment to being high-class. Or take the hit because being involved with one of her friends was super-important to her--not likely. Or already be in a very secure position within the Canterlot elite, such that being openly simultaneously romantically involved with multiple ponies would hardly damage her standing. So before the whole romantic thing started, she was appointed Duchess of Canterlot or something. And she starts courting Twilight while Twilight's friendship with benefits with Pinkie transitions pretty smoothly and openly to a romance. Then Fluttershy confesses long-held feelings for Rainbow Dash since it's clear none of her friends would think less of her for it. And Applejack asks Fluttershy out. Oh god so many pairings left to make. Six out of fifteen have been made so far. I'll just handwave it and say that at this point it's reached critical mass and the friendship meetups start turning into group romance meetups.
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Yes, as well as more explicit fanfic pieces, I bet.
You weren't here for when someone decided that, since after 34 pages of posts, the topic goes down to 1 or 2 pages, thus, the rule of 34. Looks like everyone forgot.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Oh, that Rule 34. Uh... What gutter?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, that Rule 34. Uh... What gutter?
Well, knowing Kattlarv, it had a dual meaning all the same.
And what do you mean by 'gutter'?
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Get yer mind out of it!
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm

-_-
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Means you're being perverted
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Cptadder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws...
According to a texan friend of mine, a lot of people keep a shotgun loaded with rock salt for home defense purposes. Same outward threat before firing, and lets you shoot somebody to hurt them and incapacitate them, but almost never kills or deals organ damage because it won't penetrate much past the skin.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Sindri wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

Yes there are states (Florida most famously because of the TM shooting) where there exists something simple Castle Doctrine laws...
According to a texan friend of mine, a lot of people keep a shotgun loaded with rock salt for home defense purposes. Same outward threat before firing, and lets you shoot somebody to hurt them and incapacitate them, but almost never kills or deals organ damage because it won't penetrate much past the skin.
My aunt in Texas keeps a machete for home defense, because she's scared of using guns...but hacking somebody apart is okay apparently...

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Oh hey, I found a good fanfic where Twilight becomes a surrogate parent.

What was that I heard? Ah yes, "Past Sins"; we have dismissed that claim.

This one's way better. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/28718/The-Foal-in-The-Basket
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Here if you seriously injure someone breaking into your house most likely result is you go to prison and the burgular gets off with a warning, fine or suspended sentance. Hell just the other day a gang of people broke into a remote farmhouse, someone got shot and the couple living there were taken in for extended questioning by police.

Personally I think all convicted burgulars should hang or do hard labour for a long ass time. Kinda sick of people getting convicted of burglary and robbery over a dozen times and still being on the streets.

I'm also really looking forwards to the next chapter- I've wondered what Glory's reaction would be for a long time and also who's going to leave the gang :-/
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Speaking of which - is there a time frame on the next chapter release?
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:29 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Speaking of which - is there a time frame on the next chapter release?
When the stars give favorable signs and not before.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Valikdu wrote:Oh hey, I found a good fanfic where Twilight becomes a surrogate parent.

This one's way better. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/28718/The-Foal-in-The-Basket
Past Sins certainly has its problems, but it's not too badly written. That story has an interesting premise, but I have to say that the writing isn't as good. I'm not sure if it gets better later on, but I've been around enough animals that giving Twilight an udder made me close it. But Twilight does make a great surrogate parent.

Last edited by WovenTales on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better wording)
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 pm

WovenTales wrote:
Valikdu wrote:Oh hey, I found a good fanfic where Twilight becomes a surrogate parent.

Past Sins certainly has its problems, but it's not too badly written. That story has an interesting premise, but I have to say that the writing isn't as good. I'm not sure if it gets better later on, but I've been around enough animals that giving Twilight an udder made me close it. But Twilight does make a great surrogate parent.
Did you read the older version, or the new version? (It was edited to be more up to date with Season 2 for some reason...I don't know why, I enjoyed it regardless, but that's what Pen Stroke wanted I guess)

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 pm

@Kattlarv

Don't worry my fellow friend I will. Btw your posts are fun to read Dash clapping

@Self-defense

I use to be a charitable person who would feed the poor and whatnot and used to be extremely nice, but not so more (saying this to give some insight into my experiences). You don't feel like helping people when you have literally been tortured. If someone broke into my home I would inform them that my gun, later to be a Chiappa Kodiak, will not send them to the hospital, it will send them to the grave. No one breaks the law and suffers nothing on my watch. Luna

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:39 pm

That's why I believe firmly in gun control. How else am I supposed to keep my shot group within half an inch if I don't practice control?

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

CamoBadger wrote:That's why I believe firmly in gun control. How else am I supposed to keep my shot group within half an inch if I don't practice control?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:57 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:Speaking of which - is there a time frame on the next chapter release?
It takes at least a couple days to work their mystic brushing ways
Way back, Friday was when they'd start and not 'till Sunday would they part

CamoBadger wrote:
WovenTales wrote:

Did you read the older version, or the new version? (It was edited to be more up to date with Season 2 for some reason...I don't know why, I enjoyed it regardless, but that's what Pen Stroke wanted I guess)
Penstroke rewrites that fic a lot, as well as with the rest he's got.
At least, I think I've heard that said... Past Sin's the only one I've read

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:17 pm

There are a lot of references to other works including fallout ph... the cops description matches bj to a tee
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:31 pm

We should get together a list of Stables/Vaults seen within Fallout/MLP crossovers and list off their experiments. Who else likes that idea?
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:We should get together a list of Stables/Vaults seen within Fallout/MLP crossovers and list off their experiments. Who else likes that idea?
Someone beat you to it http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Known_Stables

------------------

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

That's just Fallout: Equestria ones, though. There are some (though quite scarce) other ones.
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Eh? Scroll down, there's a ton outside of the OG story.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down