Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
Derpmind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
nebulous
Vergil
Nightfire
Rafafidi
Somber
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ametros
Valikdu
Katarn
RandomBlank
Meleagridis
iLateralGX
Icy Shake
WavemasterRyx
Sindri
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Theta
Ketchup
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
OneMoreDaySK
Aonee
IncoherentOrange
Caoimhe
RoboRed
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
41 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 am

Well fortunately Fallon is 90 minutes from where I live, unlike Vegas which is 300 miles away. So I'm moving out in stages. Mom is going to keep my dog since the few apartments I found were not fit for her. She needs an actual yard. So today I'm going back and looking for some apartments that are going to be just me and then next year I can see about finding something more suitable for Panda Bear.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 am

IncoherentOrange wrote:I know where the 'Warhammer' part of that comes from. The red wunz go fasta, after all.

and yellow/black checker paint on a rocket makes a bigger BOOM
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 am

Somber wrote:Well fortunately Fallon is 90 minutes from where I live, unlike Vegas which is 300 miles away. So I'm moving out in stages. Mom is going to keep my dog since the few apartments I found were not fit for her. She needs an actual yard. So today I'm going back and looking for some apartments that are going to be just me and then next year I can see about finding something more suitable for Panda Bear.

Again, I'm really proud of how well you're doing.
I know it's hard right now and finding a place to live IS tough, but I'm certain you'll find somewhere.

If you're short of money by a small amount, I'm sure any one of us would be happy to help! We're here for you, remember that.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 pm

@Silentcarto:
How on Earth did you place the thread opener so well?

Somber wrote:I like to think that P-21's difference was he refused to succumb. He had a plan to escape and even if he failed he'd not give in. He wasn't going to let them just kill him like an animal, nor was he going to submit meekly. His refusal, one last FU to the overmare and 99, set him apart. His lover knew he had it in him to be more than what 99 told him he was.

Once he was out, he realized that there had to more to life than simply enduring. He followed BJ to learn what that thing was. He knew it had to be more than violence because 99 had been full of violence. For a time he thought it might have been priest, but then priest was taken from him. Then he had Scotch Tape, and he realized that in being a parent he could be more than simply a pony that hadn't given in yet. Scotch is his chance to be a better pony. And now, he's taken that chance.

In other news... searching for an apartment didn't go well. Had a little melt down. Better now. Just... alot going on right now.
Oh dear. I hope that things get better.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:53 pm

@O.Hinds (Meatlocker) Ah, okay. Well, Styg really didn't give a shit about "keeping the secret", which technically made a large chunk of the... was it the "canon" or alternate ending they were talking about stuff? Or I dunno, trailing off here. But that does actually give them what... 1-2 hours more max of socializing, technically just dancing, but it'd loosen up things a bit. Still, it's overly stupid how chill Psycho was with getting to hear Styg had slept with BJ before, (and especially her first action in response being to praise/defend his dick. It'd be like having her defend that BJ didn't "cowardly kill"... Sanguine or whomever, she bravely defeated them in a honourable duel, and which amazing skills she used in it. Or heck, replace BJ with Sanguine, whomever with Priest, and Psycho with P-21, that is partially how I see the situation. Cept Psycho seems to have an overly blind infatuation over Styg. One to the level she'd gladly kill his sister, or like, her own hypothetical baby, (or hypothetically Sanguine) if Styg just asked her.) making them... slit sister? pussy pals? there's really no good word for that xD But yeah. That and the whole "you know better than your brother" was just things that derped me the most about that, from what I can remember atm. And do'h, I trail off too easily ^^'

@Mele:
Spoiler:

-Rant: It is not just that, but Somber has before, REPEATEDLY spoiled big events, prior or coming. And also, this is a problem with Somber's writing. "GM knowledge", she writes things that makes sense to her. Not relevant to this, but I can give a RPG example: "What? The little girl betrayed us? Why? - Ah, but you should have known you couldn't trust her, she did after all grown up in an orphanage, and was beaten by her female caretaker and sexually abused. And she has a fear of canines, so it was only natural that she would distrust and double cross your female ranger with a canine companion, since you reminded her of her old caretaker, and though you were just another one coming to take her back! - ... how the fuck were we supposed to know this? You never ever mentioned this before! You just introduced the characters as a scruffy child on the street, very eager and helpful to accept our protection and trade knowledge in exchange for supplies!" aka: things Somber know but haven't said makes the story work for her, while said things not being told, makes us confused. And yes, explaining it afterwards is rather nice, since then we actually get to know why x happened. But when reading the story, it doesn't make sense. Anyhow, spoiler wise, yes, many of what Somber says is "good spoilers", but like.. whomever it now was said: Some thing are "major spoilers" that impact the story. Knowing Glory was supposed to die, that was something interesting, that didn't affect the story, as it was "alternate ending", being told ex: Charity is Spike's daughter, or "Rampage will flip and kill Scotch, to death, until she dies.", those are chapter spoilers we don't want. It's like, have you seen that comic where people walk out the Cinema going "Man, I can't beleive Darth Vader was Luke's father" or whatever. Somber does this prior, so it's like you are sitting with anticipation to see the new Harry Potter (and haven't read the book) and in the intro it states ex: "Snape/Dumbledore is going to die." Or "Ron will end up marrying Hermione". And erf, again, I am trailing off. But at times, it's like, "And in the next season of game of thrones: X and y is going to die, z will reveal to be q. And house f will be sitting on the throne. While the dwarf will come back successful, after leaving on an epic quest to find an epic sword of stabbing." As said, Somber has revealed major plot elements before, got nagged on, apologized, did it again, repeat. Just putting such things behind the "spoiler" would simply solve that. Or I dunno, I am rambling right now. Sorry if I offended someone. I'm failing to help.

@Somber: Grats. Good to hear you got the job. Hopefully no morons will mess with you this time.

@EP: (Batponies) I know, or think I mentioned it before. But I still laugh at that technically, they would/should genetically have sent out "hunting packs" with mares to either rape (safest) or generally just find decent specimen of males and "collect" genetic material from them xP

@Silent: (shotguns) Depends, mainly on which type, and which reference you are going to use it with, I can get "Miss" in there in quite a few ways xP

@Robo: (Animation) Like said before, I possess novice animation skills, but can't draw for shit :P

@Wave: - Yeah, 4'th ed messed up a lot of things. Like removing "out of combat" skills. Almost entirely. They made it an MMO more or less.
- It was quite interesting. And I was good at turning a... "blind eye" at what some of my party members were doing xD

@Feather: (P-21) I'd like to discuss stuff, but my mind is rather blank right now. Having a burn out, and can barely even think of it fic wise. Though, I don't think I ever delt with much depth in that...
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm

FeatherDust wrote:OK, new topic for discussion: What makes P-21 unique? When given the chance, all the other males refused to leave 99. Why?
Keep in mind P-21 was a special case for three reasons in my mind.

1. P-21 had drive, not everyone gets an idea into their head and spends forty three years building a castle in their backyard and then along comes some guy who says... my backyard needs a Castle in it. P-21 had the drive necessary to do a lot of things despite the drugs, the abuse and the indoctrination. In fact I suspect drug free chapter 50 P-21 is going to start building a castle of his own now, not a literal castle but some project or purpose to devote himself to that will take up the rest of his life as learning the skills to escape from the hell that was Vault 99 was.

2. P-21 had an excellent reason to leave once the old overmare died. He might have taught himself those skills to escape from medical or steal a few free hours for himself when he was younger but when the young Overmare took over and turned him into her special trick pony and mechanical rape devices started to get involved, well when one has free time and lots of drive who wouldn't want to get the hell out of dodge quickly.

3. P-21 met two special ponies along the way, Duct tape who treated him well and his old special some pony who's number I don't remember who showed him love and affection. Until then he was just as faceless to the mares as they were to him.

So he has drive, he has purpose, he has something to escape and he has known loss, Vault 99 is a constant reminder of what he lost every day he lived here, every time his will slacked he could see the bed his old special somepony used to habit, every time he's down in maintenance he could see his child even if he mentally won't acknowledged her, his subconscious is shouting at him. Why not leave?

swicked wrote:Regarding P-21, what really eats at me still, after all this time, is that thing that fortune teller told P-21 so long ago. That his story was already over.
I still wonder what his story was, then. If she was just BSing him for annoying her or if he really is so expendable in the eyes of fate.

Especially since BJ's prophesier dream contradicts it, alluding to the idea that he is capable of taking over hoofington and, by extension, the wasteland. That's a pretty big deal and not at all indicative of his story being over.

Sigh...
I despise fortune tellers on general principle because by their existence they deny free will. If it is possible to know what will come then what will come must come. I'm referring of course to traditional fortune tellers not Jedi like "always in motion is the future", the ones who say hail the future King of Scotland I'll instantly have the future King shipped to Australia just to spite the old soothsaying witches. So when the fortuneteller tells P-21 his story is over I hope dearly that a boat drops on them and that P-21 does go on to become Prime Minster of the Distillery. Not because I have evidence or a good theory but I just hate all prophecy in general.

Somber wrote:
In other news... searching for an apartment didn't go well. Had a little melt down. Better now. Just... alot going on right now.
Some advice from someone who's been renting for over a decade now.

Look at everything minus only one or two caveats
For example you have pets, go into apartment finder or apartment finder set "allows pets" set X miles away from the job location or geographic area you want to be near and your price range.
Ideally you should not find the apartment of your dreams, you want to find fifteen to forty apartment places that you are going to look at in person.

Bring a friend along to apartment block the agent
There should be a second person who should be the soul of cynicism, you just be yourself but your friend who is with you is to free you up to really look the apartment over

Open everything
Open every closet, turn on every light, turn on all the taps and open up every cupboard, what your looking for simple, mold... mildew...and things that seem off.

Dress well
Business casual is a good middle ground, no need to break out the interview suit but you want to look clean, smell good and have had a haircut and shower within the last two weeks. Smart clean looking individuals get discounts mentioned to them and get nicer more helpful agents who are more open with information.

I have more advice but if you want more tips and tricks you'll have to buy my book. Luna Or just drop me a pm or email because I can literally write ten pages worth of information collected over the years and I don't want to if I don't need because your already confident you know what's what. The Internet anonymous aspect can reduce some people like myself to treating everyone as the "before" person in those commercials for "As seen on TV" kitchen products.

FeatherDust wrote:
Somber wrote:
Scotch is his chance to be a better pony. And now, he's taken that chance.
Which was particularly hard for him because HE doesn't think he's a better pony.
Self hate is a hard thing to overcome but time dulls all edges.

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:Well fortunately Fallon is 90 minutes from where I live, unlike Vegas which is 300 miles away. So I'm moving out in stages. Mom is going to keep my dog since the few apartments I found were not fit for her. She needs an actual yard. So today I'm going back and looking for some apartments that are going to be just me and then next year I can see about finding something more suitable for Panda Bear.
Pet pics plz.
Everyone loves pet pictures.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh and for those who want to lose six more hours and have managed to escape from TVTropes there's always Cracked.com
Ten worst as seen on TV adds
You click one article you read it, oh look four more at the end let me just click that one and then suddenly it's Friday and you've forgot to get up for two days.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:14 pm

YOU... YOU... MONSTERS.

I just got sucked into TV tropes for some time -.-

Good news is, I came out with six different tropes to boot that fall in line with my story, no doubt more if I look further.
Quite interesting to see that what I've been writing has a good explanation and such.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Kippershy wrote:YOU... YOU... MONSTERS.

I just got sucked into TV tropes for some time -.-

Good news is, I came out with six different tropes to boot that fall in line with my story, no doubt more if I look further.
Quite interesting to see that what I've been writing has a good explanation and such.

Troping as a writer is tons and tons of fun. I just got onto Cracked for about half an hour. I've escaped for now, though.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 pm

TVTropes makes me feel hack as fuck as a writer. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

What do you mean? Because you can find the stuff you've written described as a trope or because you can't figure a way to use a lot of different tropes / don't think of using them?

If it's because you can find what you have written as a trope without knowing it's a trope - don't fret. There's only four types of stories anyway, and there's only so much you can do with words to make a successful sentence that conveys its intended meaning.
You can't be utterly and entirely original AND successful because it just doesn't work... these things are tropes because they're popular to use and they're popular to use because they work.

Anyway, don't feel bad just because of TVtropes.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:50 pm

swicked wrote:I'm not sure what the draw of tv tropes is, honestly. Maybe because I don't really write...

At the very least, 99.99% examples for a given trope are shows, movies, etc. I've never even heard of. I'm just not curious enough about this kinda stuff...

because I do write, it's interesting for me to see what tropes I've written without realising it.
It also occasionally gives me an idea on what I could do, flexing the trope to my own purposes and such.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm

I second Kipper's point. It's fun to find out you've averted x, subverted y, and used z in a peculiar way.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:55 pm

swicked wrote:At the very least, 99.99% examples for a given trope are shows, movies, etc. I've never even heard of. I'm just not curious enough about this kinda stuff...
That can be nice, though, if one's looking for something new; TVTropes can be used to get a good prediction of whether or not one will like a particular work without having to try it first.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
swicked wrote:At the very least, 99.99% examples for a given trope are shows, movies, etc. I've never even heard of. I'm just not curious enough about this kinda stuff...
That can be nice, though, if one's looking for something new; TVTropes can be used to get a good prediction of whether or not one will like a particular work without having to try it first.

Eeyup. I never would have started watching ponies or learned about FO:E and PH without TvTropes. Also found some interesting Anime through it.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:11 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:I second Kipper's point. It's fun to find out you've averted x, subverted y, and used z in a peculiar way.

Exactly. Like learning a certain thing I have planned isn't Deus Ex Machina - but rather, a Chenkovs Gun Deus Ex Machina/Contrived coincidence
(Which is a hell of a lot better a writing technique then a standard D.E.M... though it never was going to be a HUUR DUUR RANDOM SHARK OUT OF NOWHERE type thing)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm

I found it humorous that my fic had a literal Chenkov's Gun.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm

I wonder if there's a trope called Chenkov wants his gun back - where you put in a Chenkovs gun only for it to malfunction when it's attempted to be used. LOL

Anyway, Chenkov's Gun and Red Herring's are pretty damn common, though a lot of people don't know what they are/understand them.
Even a friend of mine who writes didn't know what either term meant.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:39 pm

In today's drawfriend:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 FoEPsychoshyandBlackjack
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Holy shit that's awesome. Rainbow Though afaik the mechanics don't go up that high and BJ still has her cards on her flesh.

How come people don't sign their artwork? Aggghhh.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Hee... Love it, but BJ really should be kissing her cheek... or licking it... cause that's how obnoxious she is.

In other news... found a place. 700 dollars a month... I think that's like 450 euros or some such. It's a nice place. More room than I need, but it's newer and in a nice neighborhood. It has a garage for winters and a washer and dryer so I think everything is covered...

No yard for panda tho...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Both of their expressions make it seem like it's pre or post-lick

Oh, and the same artist I found out is the one who did that chugging whiskey pic I found a while back. Dawsome.

Ooh, phantom edit. Congrats on scoring a place. Sucks not to have the pupster with you but that's something that can change overtime in a year or so if you acquire more currency to get to a better place!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Somber wrote:

In other news... found a place. 700 dollars a month... I think that's like 450 euros or some such. It's a nice place. More room than I need, but it's newer and in a nice neighborhood. It has a garage for winters and a washer and dryer so I think everything is covered...

No yard for panda tho...
558 Euros at the current exchange rate.

Because I always find new homes interesting, square footage? Townhouse or rental house? Apartment or private rental?
*Edit if you don't mind giving out vague details
FYI, I have lived in nineteen separate locations, combine military family with military service and you get to live lots of places in thirty years.

OAN:When I saw I instantly assumed actual Panda, but that would be silly, Pandas love apartments.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:41 pm

That's... a lot of change of address forms. Nice though, I mooched off my brother's BAH when he was in the Navy and I was poor trying to make my art degree mean something (Spoiler: I couldn't D: ).
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 pm

swicked wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:I like to think that, if they hadn't had to leave suddenly under the threat of raider infection and all, some of the males would have come to P21 in secret and said, "Yes, I want to go with you, but don't tell anyone until after we're gone." They only refused because the others were intimidating them, and that only works as long as you're being watched.
I'm just saying that I think most of the intimidation for them not to leave would have come from the mares.

The males hated and killed each other. They were likely secretly pleased several of them died in the raider attack, and hoped more would leave so that they'd get a couple more years of existence.
I coulda sworn I remembered a scene where P-21 had offered the other males the chance to leave with him and some of the younger ones wanted to but weren't allowed by the older ones. But the only one I can find is where two of the stallions were telling them how nice the queue was. Am I crazy?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah, he did try to convince the males to leave with him, but I don't recall the specifics of why they chose not to.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Congratulations, Somber! That is some quite wonderful news indeed, though I'm sorry about the place's prevention of pets.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Somber wrote:Hee... Love it, but BJ really should be kissing her cheek... or licking it... cause that's how obnoxious she is.

No yard for panda tho...
*hugs Somber tight* I'm glad you could find a place, sir. I do hope everything will work out alright.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:20 pm

@Somber
Glad to hear you've gotten a place to stay.
*hugs*
So when do your classes start? Hope you get a good class that discusses things, or else you'll end up : [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 3670107347
I've seen that happen to teachers with horrible classes.
Working on the next chapter could be a stress reliever as well. Or you might be too frustrated and kill'em'all
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I've been part of a terrible English class. So terrible that I got a leadership award for 'setting a positive example' (which means I kept my mouth shut and participated a little). Ketchup did too, he's in my class. I just hope you get students like us, who'll listen to you and do what you say, and not a bunch of stoners who would rather waste money on illegal substances to shorten their lifespans with than learn how to use the English language properly.

But it's luck of the draw, I suppose. Good luck, Somber, and I hope you can aquire a dwelling in which your dog can live too.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next