Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

ketchup504 wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight
Where do you guys think Blackjack fits here? I'm thinking 3 or high 2.
Okay, first off, unicorns are normal people in FiM, therefore they are the base level of... er, superness. You have to recalibrate the scale for the setting.

The answer really depends on whether you count equipment as a superpower. If not, she's a solid 2. Her only real power is regeneration/repair, with fingers as an odd bonus little. Eating metal and such are required secondary powers. She's strong, but not stronger than the strongest pony. (Like Captain America, she gets to be stronger, faster, and tougher all at once where a normal would need to focus on one of those at the expense of the others.)

If you do take equipment as part of her powers, the PipBuck provides a +1 upgrade. I don't, though, any more than I would count a gun or armor.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 7:55 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight
Where do you guys think Blackjack fits here? I'm thinking 3 or high 2.
Okay, first off, unicorns are normal people in FiM, therefore they are the base level of... er, superness. You have to recalibrate the scale for the setting.

The answer really depends on whether you count equipment as a superpower. If not, she's a solid 2. Her only real power is regeneration/repair, with fingers as an odd bonus little. Eating metal and such are required secondary powers. She's strong, but not stronger than the strongest pony. (Like Captain America, she gets to be stronger, faster, and tougher all at once where a normal would need to focus on one of those at the expense of the others.)

If you do take equipment as part of her powers, the PipBuck provides a +1 upgrade. I don't, though, any more than I would count a gun or armor.
I'd factor her Pipbuck in, since removing it is very hard short of cutting the leg off(not in Sanguine's or a Pipbuck tech's case), and it acts almost as a cybernetic device.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed errors.)
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Kattlarv wrote: 3 "hives" as of far. The "Fling" hive, the "Companion" hive and finally the "Predator" hive.
...Neat!

WaffleSmart wrote: Deeeaaaath...
One of the reasons I really (really) like PH is because it constantly reminds us about a truth that so many programs and stories forget (although FOE does remember it, just not as prominently). Loss is not death. In the Hoof, being crushed by the bad guys usually means something far worse than death. Littlepip's scars and injuries come from battles won. There's nothing wrong with this- and I do remember some losses for her too. But on the whole her failures could never measure up to her victories. Blackjack... lost. Her team lost. Everybody has met an end that other (less brilliant) works would write off or mix with arbitrary death for a miserable ending. Instead they walk away, and carry more loss than any dead hero.

Nightmare Moon/Nurse Redheart/Lyra wrote:So tempted to change mine...but I already have 4 names on this site depending on who you ask Applebloom

Nursemare Lyra Badgerheart is fine by me.

Sindri wrote:Shoot me an email at sindrisnctchr on gmail if you want to discuss changeling abilities further; I'm attempting to write a fic of my own on the subject and it might be nice if we didn't directly contradict each other much, in addition to the benefits of actually discussing things and seeing if they make sense before they become an integral part of the story.

Oh, and IIRC 'Pip said that they tasted like somepony tried to make it orange flavored, but despite or because of that it was still nauseating. Blackjack likes the orangyness, while everypony else hates it, but it's still orangy.

I think I'll do that, though I'm unsure of what I can offer. And... yeah, I'll accept orange then.

SilentCarto wrote:I wonder what the line of succession is for the OIA... was Garnet first in line? Horse is probably either dead in the Redoubt or locked outside. Or a drooling vegetable in his suspension pod, with Garnet running everything in his name. Either way.

Or tearing up the Hoof in search of EC-1101. I don't really have much reason to assume Horse is the screaming madness in Hoofington's security system (other than being a fitting punishment for someone so desperate to get in the game) but it will remain my theory until further notice.
However, that last idea rings more true to what I imagine of Garnet. We haven't seen much of her, but she doesn't seem like someone who would do the legwork if they were the one pulling the strings...
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:PS. If anyone on the editing team reads this, go tell Somber that he has made the greatest creation since the Lord of the Rings novels.

Edit: Does that sound fanboyish and random to anyone else?
Message sent.

By the way, you can just use the forum system to email me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki-Tarn Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Just wondering if you all ever thought of mirroring the story on fimfiction? Cause GoogleDocs isn't quite as android friendly for adjusting the text for reading. Just a suggestion. :3
Ki-Tarn
Ki-Tarn
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Alistair
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Ki-Tarn wrote:Just wondering if you all ever thought of mirroring the story on fimfiction? Cause GoogleDocs isn't quite as android friendly for adjusting the text for reading. Just a suggestion. :3

GDocs is unfriendly towards Google's Android OS? Irony! Applebloom Anyway, IIRC I think that Somber wants to finish the whole thing before uploading it to other sites, but I might be confusing Somber with Kkat...

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Ki-Tarn wrote:Just wondering if you all ever thought of mirroring the story on fimfiction? Cause GoogleDocs isn't quite as android friendly for adjusting the text for reading. Just a suggestion. :3
The idea's occurred. However, as I understand it, no simple, direct, automatic system, and doing it manually would be far too much of a hassle.

Also, I'm really surprised to learn that Google Docs and Android don't play well together; that seems like a ridiculous oversight.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by nallar Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
The idea's occurred. However, as I understand it, no simple, direct, automatic system, and doing it manually would be far too much of a hassle.

Also, I'm really surprised to learn that Google Docs and Android don't play well together; that seems like a ridiculous oversight.
http://nallar.me/fics/ - use one of the ebooks/ the online plain-ish HTML one.

Alternatively, try changing /edit to /preview in the google docs URL.

nallar
Foal

Brohoof! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Nightmare Moon/Nurse Redheart/Lyra wrote:So tempted to change mine...but I already have 4 names on this site depending on who you ask Applebloom

I second this. Twilight crazy
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 pm

CalamityWhen wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Nightmare Moon/Nurse Redheart/Lyra wrote:So tempted to change mine...but I already have 4 names on this site depending on who you ask [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 3670107347

I second this. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 3932362616

I third it because it looks to be an awesome name to have haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon May 14, 2012 10:33 pm

I picture an angry large nurse-mare wielding a meat cleaver.

(methinks it's the "badger" part...)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:
CalamityWhen wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Nightmare Moon/Nurse Redheart/Lyra wrote:So tempted to change mine...but I already have 4 names on this site depending on who you ask [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 3670107347

I second this. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 3932362616

It is decided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 11:02 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:
CalamityWhen wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:

It is decided.
You should to totally change your name to that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon May 14, 2012 11:32 pm

I would just like to note that the top weekly posters section is already filled with people from the PHCC.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 pm

I don't know if I should be proud that I'm in the top three or not....
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

I just think its a sign that we take over comments and other such communications systems.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon May 14, 2012 11:37 pm

I... don't even know how to apologize for this. My brain goes weird places sometimes. In this case, my brother was supposing that getting all her souls eaten might be the only way to kill Rampage.

And then this happened. Derpy Hooves

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Tenga_10
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon May 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Meleagridis wrote:I don't really have much reason to assume Horse is the screaming madness in Hoofington's security system (other than being a fitting punishment for someone so desperate to get in the game) but it will remain my theory until further notice.
Oh, no no no. The Cyberdaemon looks like a rogue AI to me. I think the signal coming from the Redoubt is the "green" computer -- the one that entered through the security hub at Hippocratic and twisted like a snake to evade Dealer's counter-hack.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 11:46 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I... don't even know how to apologize for this. My brain goes weird places sometimes. In this case, my brother was supposing that getting all her souls eaten might be the only way to kill Rampage.

And then this happened. Derpy Hooves

It's glorious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I... don't even know how to apologize for this. My brain goes weird places sometimes. In this case, my brother was supposing that getting all her souls eaten might be the only way to kill Rampage.

And then this happened. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 908227573

I deem this pure win but going back to a previous conversation would probably bring Blackjack to Super Weight of 5.
I want to see a pony version of TTGL with PH ponies now.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon May 14, 2012 11:54 pm

did our thread just shrank?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Katarn wrote:did our thread just shrank?
Yes, it appears the threads have been split doubled!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 am

Oh...kay. It appears that a section of posts at the end of the last thread broke off, the last thread got locked, and this new thread grew from the posts that broke off. Why and how this happened I have not idea. I suppose that I'll just change my bookmark and wait for word from someone in the forum administration.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 am

I guess that means there's a post limit to threads? I dunno.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 15, 2012 12:01 am

O.Hinds wrote:Oh...kay. It appears that a section of posts at the end of the last
thread broke off, the last thread got locked, and this new thread grew
from the posts that broke off. Why and how this happened I have not
idea. I suppose that I'll just change my bookmark and wait for word
from someone in the forum administration.
That was...peculiar...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 am

ketchup504 wrote:
At this rate, we will fill whole sub-forum with our threads in....2 month.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue May 15, 2012 12:03 am

Katarn wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
At this rate, we will fill whole sub-forum with our threads in....2 month.
We are quite a riot, huh?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 15, 2012 12:05 am

ketchup504 wrote:
We are quite a riot, huh?

Best riot ever!!! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 995914302
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 am

I didn't even noticed that we broke the thread haha. I guess we rock hard then?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 am

This is a good thing, right? Business for Cloudsville and all that?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next