Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:53 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Oh wait, I forgot about this.
Somber wrote:At first they fall for the 'Somber is a perv' line... you know... cause I am...
Somber's a perv? *picks jaw up off the floor*
I mean Kipper, Kim... me... yeah. But Somber? The thought had never even crossed my mind.

>My name first
>not sure if should be surprised, honoured or upset
>decide to laugh anyway
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipehamster on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am

Rafafidi wrote:Quick question: what color is BJ's magic? And how the glow color, in general, is defined?

As I recall it was originally undefined and fanon settled on red. When Ch.29 was released (with that climactic scene where the floor collapses and BJ lifts Glory with her magic for a few seconds), we all decided that we loved the image of Glory enveloped in white light, then went back and retconned BJ's magic glow as white throughout the story.

Last edited by Snipehamster on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Snipehamster
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am

Oh and while I'm here, thanks for the feedback on the picture guys. In case you were wondering it was a mare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:19 am

Sindri wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:I cannot recall seeing a mare of her size apart from Celestia or Luna, who by a quick comparison might be slightly larger (I think Luna is about a head taller than the Mane Six, while Cadence is about half a head taller)
Fleur is the same height and similar body type (little bit skinnier IIRC). And Canterlot unicorns seem to be consistently taller than average, especially in the higher class.

Anyway, given two explanations which both fit the visible evidence, one of which makes perfect sense given my current understanding of the world but would be somewhat unlikely, and the other of which requires a complete restructuring of the fictional cosmos, I favor the first until more evidence arises.
I concede that Cadence could, given what we've seen, been an Alicorn Princess, but I will not believe that she is until evidence is presented which suggests this as more correct than my own theory.

How in God's name did I forget Fleur? That's just terrible.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Oh, by the way, I
think that I'll use a Janney coupler for its load capacity and
potential political reasons precluding the use of some fully automatic
coupler design. That sound good?

I don't see any reason
that would be a problem, but it might need to be scaled up a bit to
accommodate the larger gauge and height.
What do you mean?

It seems that some lighter rail lines used the design, but at half or three-quarters size. I figured that since Equestrian rail stock seems oddly large, it might be necessary to increase the size of the couplers.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:05 pm

I just wore my brony shirt to school registration today, and literally every adult I had to talk to said "nice shirt". I think the photographer was being genuine, but the rest I think may have been sarcastic. But I don't mind, because I got to wear a pony shirt for my class ID picture. Woo Hoo!

The shirt is black, with Fluttershy saying "yay" if you were wondering.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:07 pm

I'd like to see a brony group in the city here that isn't mostly total creeps (though their reaction was probably due to being both a hawt chick AND media Twilight Sparkle ). It would help my story somewhat as well. I was lucky that my lead into the group was nice but he seemed to be one of the only few rational guys. I guess his tolerance level for the others was just very high.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

@Ice: I don't barely know what that pheno stuff means xD

@Silent: (Cadance) As said before: This and this
That's how she survived. And as said, she could have swapped places from anything to 1 day to x days. And granted, she seemed rather "not in a need to eat" or near collapse, so she could have been "alicornish".

@Kipper: (Fo3) Was this to start the game overall, or to stop random crashes? Since I could need help with the later xD

@EP: You know, as said before: We need more "upper class" earth ponies and pegasi, but mostly earth pony. And as said: A "Earth ponies can do cool shit" episode as well.

@Wave: Gah... brain can't think of counter pun after being awake for 2 days xP
- Haha, I love Pelor as well, love the lore and domain overall, and their clerigy... or how is that spelled again? And not sure you can suck the life out of unliving things xP And got a pelor cleric that has way to much in turning, speaking of PP. And on the topic of that, as I think I mentioned: Did a Centaur recently with way to much in charge bonus hehe.
- Quite, quite *monocle*

And they do... they do indeed :P

@EP Oh! And guys, I almost forgot: Dat barbarian...

Edit: Okay, just listening to the voicing of BJ, sounded really good imo. (not that high on the sound effects, but eh) Reminded me of the "voice" for Vinyl though.

Also: Yay, gave my current 80 % Psycho fic to two voulenteer proofreaders, pretty much got a "What have you done?" back. (that and a "... do more P-21 instead")
Just tells me I have to apply more warnings.

Last edited by Kattlarv on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spatulas)
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 26

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Kipper: (Fo3) Was this to start the game overall, or to stop random crashes? Since I could need help with the later xD

Crashes. I wouldn't quite call them random crashes since I could actually pinpoint quite a few locations on the map that were definitely heavy on the crash causing glitch. (DC mall being somewhat bad, the congress building being TERRIBAD and some other places.)
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

If you really want to find a terribad crash site, find the anthills in the West area of the map. The trick I read to get the respawning science skill book is to save hundreds of times to avoid it corrupting all of them.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Erumpet wrote:I just wore my brony shirt to school registration today, and literally every adult I had to talk to said "nice shirt". I think the photographer was being genuine, but the rest I think may have been sarcastic. But I don't mind, because I got to wear a pony shirt for my class ID picture. Woo Hoo!

The shirt is black, with Fluttershy saying "yay" if you were wondering.
I wore a pony shirt to an aquarium recently and got brohoofs and/or hugs from three people. Incidentally, baby cuttlefish are the cutest thing evar. Fluttershy
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Sindri wrote:
I wore a pony shirt to an aquarium recently and got brohoofs and/or hugs from three people. Incidentally, baby cuttlefish are the cutest thing evar. Fluttershy

Relevant to your interest. By the way I know they aren't cuttlefish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 pm

@Last: there is something just wrong with that. Like really wrong. But they are still very adorable. I am so confused emotionally about those.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 pm

@Caoimhe
Welp, guess it's a good thing the only brony community I'm in contact with non-electronically is in WI. :\

@Kipper
AHA! I knew there was something else I hadn't done yet! 4G ram, here I come. Thanks, mate!
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:48 pm

And as I'm playing fallout 3 just after this, I get a crash.
eugh.

I went to underworld, didn't see the market woman so tried to wait.
Bad move.
Black screen, no response on a kernel level - just replaying static from the radio.

Alt F4 - nudda
ALT TAB - nudda
CNTRL ALT DEL - nudda
Pressing the power button - nudda.

-sigh-

Please don't do this to me, fallout 3.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Sindri wrote:
CUTTULFISH, U SHAYYYY???

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Last wrote:
Sindri wrote:

Relevant to your interest. By the way I know they aren't cuttlefish.
Fluttershy I love sea creatures in plushie form. I had a stuffed lobster that I liked, then the dogs ate it.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Geeze, I knew Fallout 3 crashed for me but what ya'll have gone through is hell. My main problem is it just stops loading when I walk into a building or I get a skype call and crashes as I try to answer.

On the topic of pony shirts, went to a family reunion a few weeks ago. My cousin who's a month younger then me being a brony isn't news since we're nearly twins. The girl wearing the Rainbow Dash shirt during the reunion itself surprised me. So yeah, apparently my extended family is awesome.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Robo: Your wall of text skill humbles me xP
Yeah...but this blows it out of the water and into the stratosphere.

@Pony shirts: I only have one pony shirt. I'm still really subtle about being a brony. Only my friends know, and one of them bought an Applejack version.

Although, I would gladly wear this as a shirt if it's available as one. I think I'm gonna go check...

(nopony fucks with Blackjack)
speaking of whom, I found this posted not too long ago:

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

@Robo I think you could have one made for around $30 if you wanted one. You should ask Fore's permission though.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:45 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, I think that I've made a lot of progress today. (On a related note, it's 0635! Wheeee!) Some images of what the thing looks like at the moment:

I think that I may need to move the horns back to make room for the forward turrets...
(Oh, and the vents have water drains (not shown) at the bottom of their troughs and integrated anti-snow/ice heaters. Oh, and, in the event that both main antenna assemblies are destroyed, emergency ones can be deployed from inside the armor once it's safe to do so. Though going off the air for too long without first sending the proper codes will trip an alert on the network anyway.)
Oh, forward vents are cooling and combustion intake, rear vents and cooling and combustion exhaust.

I'm thinking green with a yellow top and lettering for the NETC livery. Opinions? Oh, and I was planning to use four quadbarrel 30mm machinegun turrets for armament, but, looking at it now, I think that I might bump it up to six... I'm not sure.

And now off towards sleep!
The armament of 16 30mm autocannons seems excessive for antipersonnel work and inadequate against heavy armor. Anything light enough to be flying might as well self-destruct on the ground, though, especially with ball turrets.

What is this thing for, anyway? You go into precise details of Equestrian rail measure and you render an armed train car. I am looking forward to seeing what this'll be.
Machineguns, not autocannons. 16 30mm autocannons would be overkill against... pretty much everything below warships, probably.
As for them being excessive for antipersonnel work, that's part of the point. Try to rob this train and you will not just get shot, you will explode into a cloud of red mist. Also, this class of locomotive was originally designed for the recolonization of the Zebra lands, and the wildlife there can take some... persuading to leave the trains alone.
As for the effectiveness against heavy armor, yeah, you're probably right. These are non-battlefield defensive weapons, though, and anything mobile (stationary bunkers and the like would have been, unless their builders were very clever, taken out when the lines were built/restored or destroyed before their construction was completed) and carrying that sort of armor (30mm is over twice the diameter of a FoE AM round and larger than, as far as I can tell, pretty much all real-world anti-tank bullets) is probably nasty enough to call in backup for anyway. Oh! Though, as an intermediate measure, I could mount internal missile launchers!
So, 4 30mm machinegun turrets with 4 barrels each and, hm..., two internal missile launchers for heavier targets. That sound good?

It's a locomotive. As for the reason, it was basically just: "You know, I feel like making a {detailed description of what I'm making}!"

Rafafidi wrote:Quick question: what color is BJ's magic? And how the glow color, in general, is defined?

ketchup504 wrote:@Magic color: I always thought it was white. I think it was put at red at some point though.

Also: Welcome to the thread, nebulous.

Snipehamster wrote:

As I recall it was originally undefined and fanon settled on red. When Ch.29 was released (with that climactic scene where the floor collapses and BJ lifts Glory with her magic for a few seconds), we all decided that we loved the image of Glory enveloped in white light, then went back and retconned BJ's magic glow as white throughout the story.
Blackjack's magic was originally canonically red (in the story and everything) and was then retconned to be canonically white.

Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Oh, by the way, I
think that I'll use a Janney coupler for its load capacity and
potential political reasons precluding the use of some fully automatic
coupler design. That sound good?

I don't see any reason
that would be a problem, but it might need to be scaled up a bit to
accommodate the larger gauge and height.
What do you mean?

It seems that some lighter rail lines used the design, but at half or three-quarters size. I figured that since Equestrian rail stock seems oddly large, it might be necessary to increase the size of the couplers.
Yes, but I thought that that was simply because full strength wasn't needed and they wanted to save space and cost. Equestrian rolling stock may be rather large, but the Janney is pretty strong (according to Wikipedia, a Grade E can take 4MN). While there would be a reduction in the size of runnable trains, I'm not sure if it would be enough of one to matter under the circumstances (IE, even if we can only run trains .5 klicks long rather than 1.5, we're probably still fine). Oh, and the armor is actually lighter than it looks (though not too light; this is a locomotive, not an airplane); Zebra metallurgy, you know. Though... I'm wavering.

Oh, and I'm currently having the couplers mounted at a height of ~115cm. That sound good?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:49 pm

More GAU-8 Footage
This one is a good demonstration of how the shells arrive before the sound of the gun firing.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Although, I would gladly wear this as a shirt if it's available as one. I think I'm gonna go check...
(nopony fucks with Blackjack)

I'd just like to remark that I owned my current phone for a year and a half before I changed the background. That's what I changed it to in March. It won't change again.

O. Hinds wrote:More GAU-8 Footage
This one is a good demonstration of how the shells arrive before the sound of the gun firing.

My roommate just walked in to ask why I was laughing maniacally. Thanks for that, Hinds!
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Vergil wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:More GAU-8 Footage

My roommate just walked in to ask why I was laughing maniacally. Thanks for that, Hinds!
You're welcome.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm

You know, after having been playing Fallout 2 for a couple of hours, I will never again fail to appreciate auto-save in modern games... Shy

Last edited by ScytoHarmony on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 pm

@Hinds: I was thinking more along the lines of the Bushmaster II or the M230 chain gun when you said 30mm machinegun. Do you mean the shells don't carry explosives? Because if that is the case, it's still a cannon by some(including my own, because it uses a caliber not seen in any machine guns)definitions. The terms "shell" and "bullet" are the difference, but some shells don't carry payloads and some bullets do, so they overlap.

The missiles sound like a good idea, but I think that 30mm weapons in sufficient volume could still penetrate or spall heavy armor after some thought.

I too just like building things I've envisioned. I use Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts for this, all of my vehicles are based somewhat on some real military concept.

Thanks for responding. Also, great Thunderbolt footage, I'm quite a fan of that aircraft.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 pm

ketchup504 wrote:@Hinds: I was thinking more along the lines of the Bushmaster II or the M230 chain gun when you said 30mm machinegun. Do you mean the shells don't carry explosives? Because if that is the case, it's still a cannon by some(including my own, because it uses a caliber not seen in any machine guns)definitions. The terms "shell" and "bullet" are the difference, but some shells don't carry payloads and some bullets do, so they overlap.

The missiles sound like a good idea, but I think that 30mm weapons in sufficient volume could still penetrate or spall heavy armor after some thought.

I too just like building things I've envisioned. I use Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts for this, all of my vehicles are based somewhat on some real military concept.

Thanks for responding. Also, great Thunderbolt footage, I'm quite a fan of that aircraft.
Thanks for your input.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention this: this locomotive ought to, according to my calculations, be able to handle curve radii as small as 23.2m.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm

The glow color is usually (or perhaps I should say 'often') the primary color of their cutie mark. For instance, Twilight's is the magenta-red of her star as of season 2, Rarity's is blue like her diamonds, and Lyra's magic is her harp's golden yellow. This isn't always the case, though, as with Luna (royal blue), Snails (yellow), Celestia (slightly greenish yellow), and Vinyl Scratch (blue). It's very rare that the magic doesn't match their cutie mark, eyes, mane, or body, in that order of preference.

BJ's magic, as people have noted, is white.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 pm

BJ's cards are primarily white I'd imagine, so that'd make sense in 'canon.'

I like my personal theory that it's a neutral colour bc of her COMPACT horn. :P
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:01 am

Unrelated rant about MLP FiM
Spoiler:
Just watched the Super Speedey Cider Squeezey 6000 episode again, and I have to admit I still believe that the apple family where the bad guys. I mean, the machine works, the cider is good, and the Flim Flam brothers opened non hostile business negotiations. Sure the initial offer wasn't favorable, but you always make your first offer unacceptable, so you can negotiate to a fair deal. I think the apple family was close minded, arrogant, and only won by cheating and forcing the brothers hooves. To be honest though, I just love the Flim Flam brothers and blame the apples for running them out of town. Grumble gripe grumble

@Himds: your train is getting scarier by the post
@Fo3: my game crashes occasionally, but mostly because of conflicting/experimental mods. But I am running it on vista, so that seems to help. Really I havent had to do anything as crazy as what you guys are doing. I mean, I thought I was hot shit when I figured out Archive Invalidation Invalidated. And someone mentioned autosaves, one of my favorite mods adds two new autosave files which are activate under different conditions than the vanilla autosave. Extremely helpful for crashy files.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down