Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:06 pm

So it was misplaced instead of lost. Oooh.

So are we to take for the time being that it wasn't used in a zebra?
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:26 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Sorry everyone, but we're having to modify a bit in 47 to bring it in line with a better thing in 48. I'll post the new section here when we finish it so that you don't have to hunt it down.

Changed Bit in 47:
“We called it the phoenix talisman because it was designed to restore a pony from even complete disintegration.”
“Well it does!” I said sharply.
“No!  That’s just it,” Snips countered.  “It didn’t work!  Oh, it would heal simple injuries, but every pony we placed it in failed to survive a fatal impact.”
“You mean you killed ponies to test it?” I snapped.
“Of course not,” he countered, looking uncomfortable.  “We tested it on... several different subjects.  While it handled general injuries, it was never able to provide recovery from a terminal injury.  We guessed that the talisman just needed more soul power, so... we added more.  With each addition the talisman became stronger, but it still wasn’t able to keep a pony alive.”
“So what happened?” I asked with a scowl.
“It was... misplaced...” he replied in clear embarrassment.  “The M.o.P. got ahold of it without realizing what it was, and we couldn’t tell them, of course.  We lost track of it and spent several months trying to find out where it had gone.”  He shook his head.  “Rarity was furious with us!  The thought of starting over was almost too much to bear; we had been so close, we were sure!  And once the haunting effect was blended out with enough souls, we were going to make enough talismans for Rarity’s friends and Luna, and then for all critical ponies in the government.”
“Are you mad?!” Xanthe shouted.  “Have you thought of the dozens, perhaps hundreds of deaths, of stolen souls such an effort would require?!  Bad enough one!”
“You don’t understand,” Snips pleaded.  “I agree, it was wrong, but at the time we almost had it!  We almost had... everything.  A way to make ponies truly immortal!  The ethics didn’t matter, just success.”  Then he slumped.  “And then... Rarity changed her mind.”
I blinked in bafflement.  “She what?”
“I don’t know how or why.  She’d finally gotten it back before the M.o.P. got their hooves on it again.  She was elated... apparently it had kept the last pony it was in alive for hours.  But the very next day... she was ashamed of all our work.  She cancelled all our plans for making more phoenix talismans; she insisted that all our records and findings on soul armor be erased immediately.”
“And were they?” I pressed with a sudden frown, my mane turning itchy again.

I'm afraid that a few more minor edits have been made to make things smoother, but you ought to not need to look at them unless you're going over the wording with a fine comb.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Official Chapter Preview:
Bronode wrote:Oh, it's a good thing the goddess isn't paying much attention. I can imagine her berating BJ like the judge in that court scene until two spectral ponies in electric chairs rocketed out of that toilet.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Bronode wrote:Oh, it's a good thing the goddess isn't paying much attention. I can imagine her berating BJ like the judge in that court scene until two spectral ponies in electric chairs rocketed out of that toilet.

Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Oo, Pink Floyd? Or something else? (Don't answer, I like not knowing!)
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 pm

I personally hope it's something surreal again. I love love loved 'Recovery.' BJ's manner of sorting out that sort of stuff is hilarious.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Gaah! Spoilers! I read it without thinking.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:50 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
I seriously thought that your "Official Chapter Preview" spoiler was just going to be "[redacted]".

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Caiomhe wrote:You all should read Heart of Darkness if you haven't FYI.

Whaizit.

Wudist.

Whad iz it.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 pm

It's an amazing classic book that deals with morality, psychosis, violence, the evil we are capable of and surreal atmospheres. PH shares some of its themes.

You may know it by the re-imagining film adaptation Apocalypse Now.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's an amazing classic book that deals with morality, psychosis, violence, the evil we are capable of and surreal atmospheres. PH shares some of its themes.

I keep checking both the film and the book out from the library, and then end up not watching/reading them. But it's on my to-do list! =P
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Heart of Darkness, great book, just a little bit racist. But hey those were the times man. I used to tell people I was reading Heart of Darkness and they would say what's that? And I would say the Apacolypse Now book. Then I would explain the book and they would say Apacolypse Now was in Vietnam, you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't think books get the appreciation they should anymore, generally speaking.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:35 pm

You also learn quite a bit about European colonialism of Africa in Heart of Darkness and how it irreparably ruined the entire continent for the foreseeable future! Reading is fun!!!!
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's an amazing classic book that deals with morality, psychosis, violence, the evil we are capable of and surreal atmospheres. PH shares some of its themes.

Oooh, that sounds good! How long is it, approx?
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:44 pm

It's really short
Like 38000 words short

Last edited by Erumpet on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm

It's a long film, but I'm lazy and enjoying this whiskey+gingerale too much to grab my bluray to see but it's 2+ hours if I recall. However do not not not watch the 'redux' extended cut version, it sucks and doesn't add much to the core of the story.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's a long film, but I'm lazy and enjoying this whiskey+gingerale too much to grab my bluray to see but it's 2+ hours if I recall. However do not not not watch the 'redux' extended cut version, it sucks and doesn't add much to the core of the story.

I watched the redux version, and I can agree that most of the scenes that were put in for the redux don't really add to the story per-say, they definitely help build the world like with the french plantation segment (it's too long to be a scene), or provide more understanding on the army like the USO show with the playmates
if you're willing to watch an additional hour of what's essentially world building and filler it's worth getting the redux
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Random question:
Is "behind your back" anything like a double negative? Because if you're in front of someone's back, you are facing the back, so you're behind the person... so if you're BEHIND the back, you're in front of them, right?

I realize it is NOT a double negative, as there are no two negatives to be found, but it seems to me like if you were standing facing the back of something, then went behind said object, you would now be in front of it.

I googled it and the few results I found had mixed answers.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm

We're currently hoping to get the chapter out in... maybe twenty-six hours? Sorry about the delay...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am

O. Hinds wrote:We're currently hoping to get the chapter out in... maybe twenty-six hours? Sorry about the delay...
Well that's too bad it won't be out tonight, but mostly I just hope everything's alright. Is everyone okay?

swicked wrote:Random question:
Is "behind your back" anything like a double negative? Because if you're in front of someone's back, you are facing the back, so you're behind the person... so if you're BEHIND the back, you're in front of them, right?

I realize it is NOT a double negative, as there are no two negatives to be found, but it seems to me like if you were standing facing the back of something, then went behind said object, you would now be in front of it.

I googled it and the few results I found had mixed answers.
I don't think it would be. I would consider it as "back" being anatomical, rather than a positional designator. The opposite of "in front of your face" as it were. Of course that could be just the same... Maybe I shouldn't be trying to think about things like this when I have a headache.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

O. Hinds wrote:We're currently hoping to get the chapter out in... maybe twenty-six hours? Sorry about the delay...
Works for me. I'm not gonna be anywhere near a pc for another twenty-something. Spike

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:02 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Well that's too bad it won't be out tonight, but mostly I just hope everything's alright. Is everyone okay?
Oh, as far as I know, yes; I'm sorry if I somehow worried you at all. The delay's due to something called "Real Life" with a particular focus on the problem of people needed sleep.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 am

O. Hinds wrote:...people needed sleep.
Ha! Puny mortals! I need no sleep! All hail Korrok! I serve none bu-ZZZzzzzzz...

Jesus Christ. Ever have one of those days that's just a nonstop train of misery? You know, where you wake up late, forget you had a paper due, bomb a test, discover your car's power steering is about to give out, have a late shift at work, find out your old manager just fucking died, out of goddamn nowhere, have the new manager write you up for a "loss prevention strategy violation", get your lunch pushed back to six thirty, find out you have the early shift tomorrow, have your hours cut for next week, and oh yeah, break half the small bones in your fucking writing hand?

I need a new fucking job.

No, forget that, I need a new fucking life.
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 am

Quotidian wrote:
Ha! Puny mortals! I need no sleep! All hail Korrok! I serve none bu-ZZZzzzzzz...

Jesus Christ. Ever have one of those days that's just a nonstop train of misery? You know, where you wake up late, forget you had a paper due, bomb a test, discover your car's power steering is about to give out, have a late shift at work, find out your old manager just fucking died, out of goddamn nowhere, have the new manager write you up for a "loss prevention strategy violation", get your lunch pushed back to six thirty, find out you have the early shift tomorrow, have your hours cut for next week, and oh yeah, break half the small bones in your fucking writing hand?

Oh dear. I hope that things improve for you soon.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 am

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, as far as I know, yes; I'm sorry if I somehow worried you at all. The delay's due to something called "Real Life" with a particular focus on the problem of people needed sleep.
Ah, just needing sleep is fine, sleep is important after all. It's just with the end of the month approaching I am becoming somewhat more anxious about what's going to happen... I worry all the time though.

Quotidian wrote:Ever have one of those days that's just a nonstop train of misery?
Ouch... No one deserves to go through that much ever, let alone in a single day... I really hope you'll be alright, sir. *hugs you gently*
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:49 am

Quotidian wrote:

I pray that this is either a joke or that your luck turns around. No one should have to go through that much shit in one day and then be expected to keep up slogging through more of it. I can't say that I've ever had so much of that magnitude dropped on me in such density but if you feel the need to rant or say anything then I'm sure some of us here would be willing to listen.
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 am

Quotidian wrote:
...yipe?

hugz?
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 am

Quotidian wrote:

Jeez. That's a bad day and then some. Sorry you had to go through that, mate, I hope tomorrow's better...
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:19 am

Quotidian wrote:

Yeah....that...that definitely trumps my shitty day yesterday...*hugs*

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:52 am

Quotidian wrote:
Wake up late,
paper due,
failed test,
power steering damage,
late shift,
good manager dies,
"loss prevention strategy violation"? What the hell is that?
late lunch,
fewer hours next week,
and a broken hand, just to top it off.
Have some supportive metaphorical internet hugs.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down