Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:29 am

Valikdu wrote:One shudders to imagine what inequine thoughts lie behind this mask, what dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty...
Do you believe in magic? Tilt
avatar
Sindri
Changeling

Posts : 1156
Brohoof! : 171
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:57 am

Happy birthday Project Horizons, proving for a year now that recursive fanfics combining colorful cartoon ponies with postapocalyptic videogames can actually be incredibly awesome!
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4850
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rafafidi on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:54 am

O. Hinds wrote:Happy birthday Project Horizons, proving for a year now that recursive fanfics combining colorful cartoon ponies with postapocalyptic videogames can actually be incredibly awesome!
Was there ever any doubt?
Happy first birthday Blackjack, P-21 and Scotch!
Congratulations to Somber and editor team: O.Hinds, Bronode and Snipehamster.
I hope to see at least the second.
...dreaming is free, right?
avatar
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Posts : 180
Brohoof! : 4
Join date : 2012-05-10
Location : Brasil

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:26 am

Congratulations on surviving a year Somber with your highly interesting story which seems to fill in so many of the little gaps in FoE at first then went on to become it's own expansive world I wanted to explore.

Someone else can provide word count but I'll toss this in comment count.
In one year Project Horizon has generated three threads on EQ daily that hit the five thousand post cap plus the dead current thread of 359 plus 4923 comments here for a grand total of 20,282 comments this story has generated or a nice 55 comments a day for an entire year. I'd do a word count on the comments but that is frankly impossible without another thousand man hours I simply don't have.

*Edit and that does not count the comments on the story update threads before PH got it's own post.

OAN:Littlepip and Blackjack buddy cop movie needs to happen, P-21 can play the Chief.
avatar
Cptadder
Alicorn

Posts : 1751
Brohoof! : 118
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:54 am

According to the EQD fic list, Project Horizons is currently at 887,494 words. The only entries higher on the list are the collected FoE side story posts and Mystery Fanfic Theatre 3000.

We even beat both the Conversion Bureau compilations.
avatar
Sindri
Changeling

Posts : 1156
Brohoof! : 171
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Elexius on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:50 am

Congratulations Somber, you have reached the milestone for incredibly long fics that will be published eventually.
avatar
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 69
Brohoof! : 0
Join date : 2012-05-13
Age : 21
Location : Florida

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Sex: Male
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Elexius on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:50 am

Sindri wrote:
Valikdu wrote:One shudders to imagine what inequine thoughts lie behind t
his mask, what dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty...
Do you believe in magic? Tilt
Mmmmph Mmph! Twilight crazy
avatar
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 69
Brohoof! : 0
Join date : 2012-05-13
Age : 21
Location : Florida

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Sex: Male
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 am

How are ya'll today? <3

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:03 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:I'm sorry that I couldn't do the kind of tribute PH really deserves for its first birthday, but I tried my best to make it as cute as possible.
Hey, at least you have something. I don't have anything...

Happy Birthday to Project Horizons! Keep up the good work, Somber! Twilight Sparkle

Nightfire wrote:How are ya'll today? <3
Hungry for the flesh of the innocent. Crazy You?

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Happy Birthday Project Horizons!
Warning, may cause diabetes and various health problems.:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/26327748898
Yay, happy BJ and Glory! And thank you, Somber, for a year of awesomeness. ^_^

RoboRed wrote:I feel warm and fuzzy inside.
That's the diabetes taking hold.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 am

wrote:Hungry for the flesh of the innocent. Crazy You?
I'm great! :woops:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:39 am

Cptadder wrote:OAN:Littlepip and Blackjack buddy cop movie needs to happen, P-21 can play the Chief.
"You're out of control, Go Fish! The Overmare's been -- well, the Overmare is very upset with you. I'm assigning you a partner."
"What? Chief, I work alone! And call me Blackjack."
"Your badge says 'Go Fish', and that's what I'll call you! Listen, I had to talk your mom out of taking you off this case completely -- and grounding you for about a month -- so you're getting a partner whether you like it or not. Littlepip is young, but she's got a solid record. And she does things by the book. Now get out of here, and if you set one hoof out of line, I'm handing this case over to Daisy."
"Daisy couldn't solve a crossword puzzle! She'll screw this one up for sure!"
"Then you better behave yourself, huh?"
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 38
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:49 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Cptadder wrote:OAN:Littlepip and Blackjack buddy cop movie needs to happen, P-21 can play the Chief.
"You're out of control, Go Fish! The Overmare's been -- well, the Overmare is very upset with you. I'm assigning you a partner."
"What? Chief, I work alone! And call me Blackjack."
"Your badge says 'Go Fish', and that's what I'll call you! Listen, I had to talk your mom out of taking you off this case completely -- and grounding you for about a month -- so you're getting a partner whether you like it or not. Littlepip is young, but she's got a solid record. And she does things by the book. Now get out of here, and if you set one hoof out of line, I'm handing this case over to Daisy."
"Daisy couldn't solve a crossword puzzle! She'll screw this one up for sure!"
"Then you better behave yourself, huh?"
That's awesome!


------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:06 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Hungry for the flesh of the innocent. Crazy You?


On other note. I'm fine, thank you, kind sir.
avatar
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Posts : 12959
Brohoof! : 351
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 30
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

OHSWEETJESUSSHE'SLOOKINGATMEWEHAVEAPROBLEMNOW

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.

Anyway, on the subject of fights. The biggest problem IMO is that school administrators are lazy when it comes to discipline. Discipline takes effort, and when you have a school of hundreds of kids, it's easier just to ignore the fights and let the kids deal and hope no parent comes forward with a lawsuit. School administrators are often outnumbered 100-1 when it comes to dealing with students.

This is why, IMO, it is imperitive for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.
avatar
Somber
Hydra

Posts : 538
Brohoof! : 1046
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Somber wrote:This is why, IMO, it is imperitive for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.

...but that's because public schools have the equally important task of keeping kids busy during the work week. The free daycare keeps kids busy for a while so that their parents can be productive at their jobs. If you drop the kids in the street they'll just cause problems there, as opposed to keeping it localized to the school.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6601
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Valikdu on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:43 pm

RoboRed wrote:Hungry for the flesh of the innocent. You?

avatar
Valikdu
Alicorn

Posts : 2219
Brohoof! : 192
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 28
Location : Moscow, Russian Federation

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Somber wrote:Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.

Anyway, on the subject of fights. The biggest problem IMO is that school administrators are lazy when it comes to discipline. Discipline takes effort, and when you have a school of hundreds of kids, it's easier just to ignore the fights and let the kids deal and hope no parent comes forward with a lawsuit. School administrators are often outnumbered 100-1 when it comes to dealing with students.

This is why, IMO, it is imperitive for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.


First of all; AWESSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!
<3 wub wub wub
Can't wait.


Secondly: Congratulations on making it a year, Somber! You've come a long way with the story and we're all behind you in everything you do.
I don't think you realise just how many people read your story; because I know at least three or four people from my steamchat group (/b/ pony bread) who read but don't comment despite my encouragement to do so, since they feel the comment crew is too hectic and they'd be scared off.

We're all proud of you, and ever so thankful that you do this for us. Congratulations on coming so far.


Third point to make: I completely agree with you on the schooling issue. I live in the UK and expulsion rates are slightly higher, but even still, teachers don't have the power they need to stop the misbehaviour. It's not AS much an issue in the UK as it is in the US, but still, your point truly is utterly valid.


Lastly; I just found out I can never find out the date I started reading. All I know was it was the same day you released chapter 15 (or maybe the day after)
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Also (and proof that Somber needs to read up) thanks so much for the picture. I'd glad to have created them too. And I'm glad so many of you like them...

Anyway, I have a thing this afternoon, so we'll be brushing tomorrow. Hopefully out by the 4th... or 5th. Sorry for the delay. Things are still hectic right now.
avatar
Somber
Hydra

Posts : 538
Brohoof! : 1046
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by MrMagma on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Somber wrote:Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.

This is good news. It'd probably work better split into two chapters anyway. I don't doubt your decision. Also, happy birthday, Project Horizons! Thank you, Somber and Crew, for providing us with this regaling tale. And even through all the hardships, you still pump out high-quality chapters. Here's to another year of awesomeness!
Don't be sorry, you silly! You should know by now, we're patient. Like, really patient. Get the chapter out whenever you're ready, not when we ask for it.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Posts : 4304
Brohoof! : 47
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 22
Location : U.K

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Praise the author! Would be a lie to say I wanted Hightower over quickly, looking forward to an extension.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Holy moley... you ponies are so full of words... how many pages since the last time I posted? I'll um... try to catch up if there's anything I can/need to respond to later... and work on the meme-Boo picture for "Watch out, we got a badass in here."

But for right now...
Happy Birthday Project Horizons!
Warning, may cause diabetes and various health problems.:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/26327748898
Never been jealous of artistic talent until I realise that I don't have any fancy way to celebrate milestones.At least I still have this video.

Spoiler:
avatar
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Posts : 866
Brohoof! : 134
Join date : 2012-05-09
Location : Location, Location

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Praise the author! Would be a lie to say I wanted Hightower over quickly, looking forward to an extension.

Never been jealous of artistic talent until I realise that I don't have any fancy way to celebrate milestones.At least I still have this video.

Spoiler:
Nurse Redheart is my favorite nurse ever Rainbow

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Jeremyrush on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Grats on a full year of PH, Somber. I wish I could art something up for you but I need a tablet. Tablets cost like 80 bajillion dollars. So, no art.

:(

On the other hand, these next two chapters are going to be amazing, regardless of the actual quality of the writing. Every single one of them (ignoring BJ with plot armor and Rampage who is just immortal) is probably going to die. Lots of opportunity for drama, lots of opportunity for blind rage asskicking. Sweetie Belle
avatar
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Posts : 47
Brohoof! : 7
Join date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:58 pm

@Everypony: (Equine anatomy) Hum, just had some twisting conflict with information. Apparently stallions might be able to get hard after all. (which again, brings back the breaking of tissue for males, and more ouchies for females. Almost feel obliged to actually research into this now, just to know which one is correct xD

@Feather: Ah, I see. Well yeah, wouldn't too much of a surprise. Also, were their crusader group female only? I forgot. (no, it ain't about that, just forgot)

@Ice: (Prostates) Somehow? Hello, I was involved.

@Ketchup: It is a fun thing, quite hard to play though as if your coating gets wrecked, you are doomed xP
And I once in a game had an angry, flying wall with reach and haste hehe. But one of my fav was one where a guy spawned inf creatures and was gonna overrun me, and I enchanted my palace guard (can block any number of creatures) with "protection from creatures". Oh, and on a side note: Urza's rage if you didn't know is an instant that deals 3 damage, and this cannot be countered or affected in any way. (mostly)

@Wave: Daw... that almost makes me forget what I am doing for horrible deeds currently
And ah crap. If I'd focused, I could have released the story today! ... heck, it's not even proofread one page. Ah well. *tentative hug offer to those that want*

@Robo: (Flesh) Just since I'm bored: I may not be innocent, but I got some "flesh" you could "feast on". *cue cheesy music* "Haven't you heard most people should... "eat out" more often?
Okay, yeah, I'm done now. That was my random fit for the week xP

@Night: I have an angry donkey named Frank on visit in my uterus, yourself?

@Katarn: ... is it wrong that that gif made me a bit puffy for no apparent reason when I looked at it this time?

@Somber: Yeah, same here imo. The ones that mess it up for other's shouldn't cause the bullied children to move into special class and whatnot, since "it's cheaper to move one bullied kid than the bullies". Also, nice to see you seem to feel better.
...
guys, is it wrong I am comparing Somber with Alistar in dragon age? If anyone has played a female character there and *cough* "took the lead" *cough*over Alistar, then afterwards went with "toughening him up", that is a bit how I am comparing Somber right now, and I got no idea how or why...

@Jermy: And then they all have a pity sex threesome with BJ, the armour and Rampage for no apparent reason, just to find out Snips survived all along, just to come in and "cut" the awkward moment.
avatar
Kattlarv
Hydra

Posts : 560
Brohoof! : 26
Join date : 2012-05-10
Location : Sweden

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Ice: (Prostates) Somehow? Hello, I was involved.
Of course, how could I have thought otherwise Lyra

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Been gone a few days, but it's good to be back, and the timing couldn't be better.
Congratulations on making it this last year! Thank you Somber, O. Hinds, Bronode, and Snipehamster for the work you put into this; it's really been a treat to see this story unfold. Lastly, thank you to the other members of the community who have made this such a great place to visit.

@CaptAdder on Stygius/the Stig: I feel the same way. Though I'm not sure you were the first to make the reference here, unless it was over two weeks ago and I missed it.
avatar
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Posts : 1208
Brohoof! : 308
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 28
Location : Boston, MA

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Moodyman90 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

All I can really say is that even if I do duck for cover when the thread really gets rolling and it threatens to rid me of what little sanity I have left, I love this place.

Happy Birthday Project Horizons and all my thanks, love, and appreciation goes out to Somber, the brushing team, and everybody else here!
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 27

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Somber wrote:Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.
Anyway, on the subject of fights. The biggest problem IMO is that school administrators are lazy when it comes to discipline. Discipline takes effort, and when you have a school of hundreds of kids, it's easier just to ignore the fights and let the kids deal and hope no parent comes forward with a lawsuit. School administrators are often outnumbered 100-1 when it comes to dealing with students.
This is why, IMO, it is imperative for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.
Hightower is a pretty cool place to read about, so two more chapters of it are fine with me. When will we see Glory, Scotch, and P-21 again? I miss them.

Yeah. People don't seem to understand that school isn't a prison, or a punishment, but is for our benefit. Those of us who want to learn have to deal with the ones who don't. This especially presents itself when we are given a group projects, and all they want to do is babble about Call Of Duty. They impede progress, and teachers usually can't/don't do anything about it, partially because they are obligated/allowed to get schooling and a free education by Canadian law.
Somber wrote:Also (and proof that Somber needs to read up) thanks so much for the picture. I'd glad to have created them too. And I'm glad so many of you like them...
Anyway, I have a thing this afternoon, so we'll be brushing tomorrow. Hopefully out by the 4th... or 5th. Sorry for the delay. Things are still hectic right now.
Brushing tomorrow isn't brushing never! Whenever it's ready.
Kattlarv wrote:
@Ketchup: It is a fun thing, quite hard to play though as if your coating gets wrecked, you are doomed xP
And I once in a game had an angry, flying wall with reach and haste hehe. But one of my fav was one where a guy spawned inf creatures and was gonna overrun me, and I enchanted my palace guard (can block any number of creatures) with "protection from creatures". Oh, and on a side note: Urza's rage if you didn't know is an instant that deals 3 damage, and this cannot be countered or affected in any way. (mostly)
I looked Urza's Rage up, and I think I've seen one before in my sister's boyfriend's MtG binder. And can't "walls" not attack? I don't think they can. Maybe some of the flying walls can? Or were you using "wall" as a nickname for a high-defense creature?
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 20
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 pm

I really don't get y'all's endgame with this expulsion thing.
Okay, so the kid is expelled, now what?
What do you DO with them?
Is that really it? Do we just assume the parents they might not even have are going to get them enrolled in another local public school that might not even exist?
Or do we just send them straight to a youth detention center to try and head off the crimes they are certainly going to commit now that they have no other opportunities left to them?

I'm seriously confused how "Oh, just kick out the kids who don't want to play ball." is a solution.

Edit:
ketchup504 wrote:Yeah. People don't seem to understand that school isn't a prison, or a punishment, but is for our benefit.
It wouldn't hurt if they had the capacity for some form of effective punishment, though. It'd certainly be a better solution that trusting the parents to get these children back on "the straight and narrow" considering said children already turned into delinquents under said parents' watch.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6601
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum