Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rboy474 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Word of advice if you are ever going to work at a restaurant nine times out of ten you will meet your very worst enemy. On the upside nine times out of ten that worst enemy tips well!
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
Nah... if I'm at an event I lie and pretend the best I can. Appearances are everything and I like testing my limits. Trying things I'm not comfortable with to see what they're like. Even trying things I tried a long time ago that failed, just in case this time would be different. It's just togetherness stuff that gets to me, emotionally. Which is why I call it emo crap and try to suppress it.

And thanks about the keychain.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:48 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
My personal M.O. follows so: find people I am familiar with proceed to mingle with them, and when one of said freinds leaves for another group I follow and join them almost like a disease except benevolent and usually high on sugar.
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
swicked wrote:
Ahhh.... yeah, I've never cut. Or even thought about it, really.
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.
I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
Almost all of my friends are people I met through other people, and are on average 2 years older than I am. I get along with them much easier, but I prefer to be without social contact after encounters for a while, because being social drains me a lot.

PS: The keychain is pretty awesome.

Much of the time I'm the same way, but I guess with the odd flip that once I'm drawn in I can sort of go to the opposite extreme. For me the major difficulty is the transition. When possible I might go for Rboy's method, but even there I'm often happier if it just results in just a few people fissioning from the group.

Regarding the need to rest after social situations, I can relate. IIRC, it's basically textbook introversion. Perhaps the best description of it I ever saw was "Sometimes I need to not be around people for awhile. And that's okay." On the other hand, it can be a little frustrating, embarrassing perhaps--I don't quite want to say hurtful--when my more extroverted friends will act like not leaving my home for a day or two is an aberration.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Quotidian wrote:We build our own worlds. Our own societies. Our own support networks. I don't know if that's enough for you, or me, or for anyone. But it's all we've got, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to keep trying.

I hope you will too. Because, and I know I've said this before, the world is a brighter place with you in it.
Very well said, sir.

Aww, thank you. Every once and a while I write something worthwhile. -_-

I just hope Somber read it (and didn't think it was dumb) before you nutcases posted two dozen times and knocked it back a few pages.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Yeah, actually being me would net you a whole bushel of weirdness
that I usually don't talk about - even aside from the sense-of-self
problems like Glory's having.
Well as long as you're avoiding being
like the bad parts (which for me is... a lot...) then I suppose it's
okay to look up to us... maybe. Being like them is a much better idea
still.

Oh, you hush your face. There's a reason I mentioned you by name in my little word avalanche back there. I'm sure you've got your flaws. We all do. Maybe they're really super huge and somehow manage to eclipse all the good things about you.

But I doubt it.

Everything you draw is adorable. Or hilarious. Or heartbreaking. Or adorahilarioubreaking. And every single time you post a new drawing, it's obvious your artistic skill is improving.

(Also, I can't see your username without thinking: "Oh god. The punch. It tastes like mare.")
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am

swicked wrote:
Nah... if I'm at an event I lie and pretend the best I can. Appearances are everything and I like testing my limits. Trying things I'm not comfortable with to see what they're like. Even trying things I tried a long time ago that failed, just in case this time would be different. It's just togetherness stuff that gets to me, emotionally. Which is why I call it emo crap and try to suppress it.

Oh. Looks like I misinterpreted. Again.
Anyway, I find it difficult to maintain friendships with people that seem to like the whole togetherness thing.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 am

ketchup504 wrote:
swicked wrote:

Oh. Looks like I misinterpreted. Again.
Anyway, I find it difficult to maintain friendships with people that seem to like the whole togetherness thing.

Don't worry about it. I'm confusing and almost seem to intentionally shove contradictions into my life just to make it more interesting.
In fact, I can't say I haven't actually done that once or twice.
Life is crazy. Make it crazier.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 am

swicked wrote:
Don't worry about it. I'm confusing and almost seem to intentionally shove contradictions into my life just to make it more interesting.
In fact, I can't say I haven't actually done that once or twice.
Life is crazy. Make it crazier.
Fascinating.

Time for late night psychological self-diagnosis. This time, Alexthymia.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 am

swicked wrote:
Nah... if I'm at an event I lie and pretend the best I can.

Can't lie about being extroverted. Can only go back to introversion when the eyes are gone. If you smile and try then it is not a lie.
I can't believe you've been banned. Have you been saying the same things you say here? Do they ever say why? All you've done is share words, needed words.

The Same Awesome Guy wrote:And thanks about the keychain.

In honest truth, the old avatar creeped me out.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 am

Meleagridis wrote:
swicked wrote:

Can't lie about being extroverted. Can only go back to introversion when the eyes are gone. If you smile and try then it is not a lie.
I can't believe you've been banned. Have you been saying the same things you say here? Do they ever say why? All you've done is share words, needed words.

I like the keychain, but I'd grown accustomed to his face, even if I did have the same initial reaction. I have to say, though, that I felt some tonal or emotional whiplash from the switch.

But there's always room for more Rarity.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 am

@ Introversion / Extroversion
Dunno about you guys, but I tend to stay in the shadows listening in huge group events, unless
1) Someone calls me out, then I awkwardly try to converse with the group
2) There is a game going on of any sort. XD

Also awesome keychain swicked.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 am

SilentCarto wrote:I don't think so... there's not really any evidence of play here, foul or otherwise.
That's the point. There are unanswered questions and a lack of evidence of anything, therefore I'm speculating based on facts that I believe have relevance in the story. There is no way in hell that the Starkatteri aren't going to come up again one way or the other, at the very least.
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 am

Meleagridis wrote:
swicked wrote:

Really? To me it was beautiful. Rarity is my favorite character and I appreciate it as a sort of dark tragedy. She puts so much effort into her appearance and now it's marred, freshly, in ways that will leave permanent scars. Marred so from an unintentional confrontation with her cat that ended in its death. And before the sadness of it all sets in she's just asking if she's still pretty, at the very least. I just... I really like that. I've seriously just sat and stared at it from time to time and written poems about it. No pony art has effected me as much as that one little picture.
Again, I don't like the context that she goes on to derive sexual pleasure from scarring herself, but that's what the artist likes to draw, so more power to him. I enjoy his art out of context.

As for the rest... yeah. Maybe I seem to post too much on boards where more than one or two topics are especially active at a time. I'm not posting one sentence replies or anything, it's all thought out, but maybe it's more than they like. Maybe the groups are automatically insular and not sitting and trying to get a feel for how things works upsets them. I try to avoid any controversial subjects like politics at first so I'm relatively certain it's not my opinions that are annoying them.
I will admit when admins try to bully newcomers as a sort of hazing ritual I tend to respond negatively, which they obviously dislike, and that's been the reason I've been banned from at least one chat room. But generally no, they just tell me I'm annoying or otherwise undesirable and speak in vague terms. It's aggravating.

And you can lie about anything. I can smile and try, as you say, but I'm never comfortable with it. It's important to know how to do this type of stuff, is all, if only because they're the only way to keep a job. They only let you work by yourself for so long before you need to know people and impress others and blah blah blah. Honestly, I love it when I get a few days to be all alone in my house, and sorta miss the days when my house was always empty.

Icy Shake wrote:I like the keychain, but I'd grown accustomed to his face, even if I did have the same initial reaction. I have to say, though, that I felt some tonal or emotional whiplash from the switch.

But there's always room for more Rarity.

I plan on going back eventually. I'm kinda just showing off for now. I love this thing to death <3

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 am

It was just scars to me. Not anymore, though. Have you brought this background to bear before?

I am in some small part ashamed to admit that I saw an image associated with something contrary to my ideals and discarded it as... 'creepy'. I am grateful for this further detail.

swicked wrote:And you can lie about anything. I can smile and try, as you say, but I'm never comfortable with it. It's important to know how to do this type of stuff, is all, if only because they're the only way to keep a job. They only let you work by yourself for so long before you need to know people and impress others and blah blah blah. Honestly, I love it when I get a few days to be all alone in my house, and sorta miss the days when my house was always empty.

They are not comfortable with it, either. The people out there are the same as us in here. They learned in the same way we must learn. There are no classes... just mistakes and some reprehension. Some of the folk we see are the same kind of scared, too.

You know this?
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 am

Meleagridis wrote:It was just scars to me. Not anymore, though. Have you brought this background to bear before?

I am in some small part ashamed to admit that I saw an image associated with something contrary to my ideals and discarded it as... 'creepy'. I am grateful for this further detail.

swicked wrote:And you can lie about anything. I can smile and try, as you say, but I'm never comfortable with it. It's important to know how to do this type of stuff, is all, if only because they're the only way to keep a job. They only let you work by yourself for so long before you need to know people and impress others and blah blah blah. Honestly, I love it when I get a few days to be all alone in my house, and sorta miss the days when my house was always empty.

They are not comfortable with it, either. The people out there are the same as us in here. They learned in the same way we must learn. There are no classes... just mistakes and some reprehension. Some of the folk we see are the same kind of scared, too.

You know this?

Have I brought the background to bear? No one ever asked about it. You could figure it out, for the most part, by reading the first post on the blog... in it, Rarity says she just had an incident with her cat, then asks the camera if she's still pretty. Then the artist complicates it with things I, more or less, just ignore.
In any case, I may look deeper into it than even the artist does. It might have been unintentionally meaningful in that way, like how people see deeper meaning in Wave's pictures from time to time :P

And my brother is an extrovert. He loves talking to people everywhere. He's gotten his degree in international business so that he can talk to more people in more everywhere. He might feel scared or embarrassed at times but it's what he enjoys so it's more than worth it. It is not what I enjoy, even if I pretend to, so I take that as one of many signs I'm an introvert.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 am

Ray Bradbury has died. :( He was a brilliant author... I'm going to go re-read my favorite stories from The October Country and hope for nightmares.

@Ryx
You're a good person, Ryx, and I admire the hell out of you. Of your work, sure, but also of you, the person I've met here. You're supportive and passionate, and you bring joy. Nobody's perfect, I suppose - we've all got weaknesses and fears - but I know I'm damn glad to know you. *hugs?*

@swicked (and the rest of the intro/extro-version conversers)
I'm not sure which I am, really. There are definitely times when I just can't be around people, whether because it hurts to feel alone among friends or because I'm not good to be around, but there is a powerful need in me for companionship, and other people interest me. I care about them.

Definitely prefer smaller groups, though. And fake "togetherness" - the stuff you get at most rallies, where it's less about feeling connected to the other participants and more about being part of a group - doesn't sit right with me. But I think I can understand the appeal! I think it's another way of having identity, and of having a very certain place in a community in which you belong... something like that, anyway. As I said, it's not really something I've experienced personally - just a theory.

(And the keychain is indeed quite nice!)
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 am

No one asks a lot of things.
swicked wrote:And my brother is an extrovert. He loves talking to people everywhere. He's gotten his degree in international business so that he can talk to more people in more everywhere. He might feel scared or embarrassed at times but it's what he enjoys so it's more than worth it. It is not what I enjoy, even if I pretend to, so I take that as one of many signs I'm an introvert.

Nothing wrong with that. Just know that many of these smiling people are thinking the same thing.

Of course, nothing you've said implies that you didn't already know this. But even so it is worth repeating.

Cheesy cheesy corn corn you are never alone. Bleh. You do the right things, swicked, and a good many can yet learn from you.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 am

I admire how close all of you are, good to see that a story has brought so many different people together.

Not sure why I said that, but I did, so deal with it Spike

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:How does this keep getting better?
Spoiler:
I can't stop the "squeeing" noise from coming out of my mouth. I seriously can't...

Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:I need to stop opening Kipper and Kim's spoilers, they make me laugh too much
Neither of us can help it, it's the way we are.
Well keep it up, the laughter helps with my depression XD

Will do!

KIM! YOU'RE NEEDED!
I suddenly have an image in my mind of Kim being summoned a la Bat Symbol.

swicked wrote:

Loving the Rarity keychain, BTW. Sweetie Belle
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 am

Would there happen to be any Mac users here who've gotten Fo3 working? I decided to finally give it a shot, but I am encountering some difficulty; it crashes every time I try to start a new game.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:22 am

Quotidian wrote:Aww, thank you. Every once and a while I write something worthwhile. -_-

I just hope Somber read it (and didn't think it was dumb) before you nutcases posted two dozen times and knocked it back a few pages.

Oh, you hush your face. There's a reason I mentioned you by name in my little word avalanche back there. I'm sure you've got your flaws. We all do. Maybe they're really super huge and somehow manage to eclipse all the good things about you.
But I doubt it.
Everything you draw is adorable. Or hilarious. Or heartbreaking. Or adorahilarioubreaking. And every single time you post a new drawing, it's obvious your artistic skill is improving.

(Also, I can't see your username without thinking: "Oh god. The punch. It tastes like mare.")
- I think you write worthwhile things far more often than that. *hugs*
And you're probably right to worry, I hope Somber saw it too before it was swamped by all these ponies full of words.
- Well I don't know, they're some pretty flawful flaws. Actually my biggest "flaw" is something I don't consider a flaw at all, but a lot of people would, and it probably would eclipse all of my (not that I'm admitting to any) good qualities.
- Thank you for such kind words about my drawings sir, I keep trying my best, and I like adorahilarioubreaking, it is a good word.
- Heh, I still love how that picture of P-21 turned out. If I weren't still using Silver Spoon, I probably would have made it my avatar for here (using it as my Steam avatar right now).

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Ray Bradbury has died. :( He was a
brilliant author... I'm going to go re-read my favorite stories from The October Country and hope for nightmares.

@Ryx
You're
a good person, Ryx, and I admire the hell out of you. Of your work,
sure, but also of you, the person I've met here. You're supportive and
passionate, and you bring joy. Nobody's perfect, I suppose - we've all
got weaknesses and fears - but I know I'm damn glad to know you.
*hugs?*
It's always sad to lose someone like him... I really need to drop by a library... I'm certain I've read his works before but I can't remember them...

- Well I really try my best to be good, sir. I'm incredibly fortunate to have met you and all the other wonderful people here who make me want to keep trying my best. Thank you for such kind words, OAC, I truly appreciate your support. Everyone's support. *definitely hugs*

O. Hinds wrote:Would there happen to be any Mac users here who've
gotten Fo3 working? I decided to finally give it a shot, but I am
encountering some difficulty; it crashes every time I try to start a new
game.
Well I don't use a Mac, but there's a chance the same fix might work... You can try putting this dll file into the game directory and see if it still helps. If it doesn't work, I hope someone else can help you figure it out, sir. Good luck.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 am

Ice Crystal wrote:I admire how close all of you are, good to see that a story has brought so many different people together.

Not sure why I said that, but I did, so deal with it Spike

Now that you mention this, I've just realised I'm closer to most people here than I am my 'friends' and even my family IRL. I trust people who I don't know too well more than the people I'm closest to. My mind makes no sense to me. Maybe it's because I have no reasons to distrust you all. I must dig deeper.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well I don't use a Mac, but there's a chance the same fix might work... You can try putting this dll file into the game directory and see if it still helps. If it doesn't work, I hope someone else can help you figure it out, sir. Good luck.
No change. Thank you for the suggestion, though, and the good wishes. I have asked in the wrapper's comments, but most of the requests for help there appear to go unanswered.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 am

...by the way, the PH title picture needs Psychoshy and Stygius!
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 am

RandomBlank wrote:...by the way, the PH title picture needs Psychoshy and Stygius!

I believe you forgot Boo. HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 am

me bad. *hides in shame*
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 am

RoboRed wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:I need to stop opening Kipper and Kim's spoilers, they make me laugh too much
Neither of us can help it, it's the way we are.
Well keep it up, the laughter helps with my depression XD

Will do!

KIM! YOU'RE NEEDED!
I suddenly have an image in my mind of Kim being summoned a la Labia Symbol.
Fix'd
Probably one of the most hilarious things you could see panning across the sky :P

Look up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane,it's a...
Stop looking up in the sky, children!

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 am

ZOMG that second song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd5HqNEfaUA

...what a blast to the past.
I couldn't find the vocal remake, just its lyrics from the old, old times...
http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/eq/files/Wheres_my_bucket.txt
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am

Even just lurking here I can feel the love of this community. It's great. Also I think I might be the only Internet Introvert IRL Extrovert.
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 am

tylertoon2 wrote:Even just lurking here I can feel the love of this community. It's great. Also I think I might be the only Internet Introvert IRL Extrovert.
Our community is very loving and kind to others no matter what, im happy ya enjoying ya stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top