Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Let me know if you'd like to hear my hypothesis/headcanon.
Sure!

By the way, I want to belatedly say I was wrong on the ballistic/cruise missile debate. I finally had it pointed out to me that Celestia said she flew 'between' the balefire missiles launched to obliterate Canterlot after the shield fell, so they must have been cruise missiles. End of debate.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:How far back do you think Partypooper went? Personally methinks that it's responsible for Big Mac's Death.
I don't think so. The goal of Partypooper is to ensure EC-1101 never finds a valid user, which is something that could only have been started late in the game.

I'm starting to wonder if the deadman switch on Horizons was Goldenblood's final "fuck you" to the OIA.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

With me, all you need to do is be a little friendly and I'll welcome you in straight away.
I'm stupidly welcoming, part of my attachment issues (I get attached way too easily) and like to give everyone a chance.
I'm also somewhat forgiving, bar very few things. and I'm extremely hard to actually upset.

I really am Pinkie Pie in that sense.
I'm the opposite most of the time. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt and at least try to be friendly, but if someone takes advantage of that or is an ass, I shut them out.
I don't get really attached to anyone, since I have trust issues, and keep my distance until I become comfortable with someone or a group.

At very first around a new group I'm very shy, hell, even when I'm in my own element I watch them as I do my thing but don't make much direct contact.
I begin by giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and if there's nothing I dislike within the first two or three series of contact I'll then be ultra welcoming and while I wouldn't trust them with everything and anything, I'll trust them not to be a jackass.

It depends on how they're being a jackass for me to be like; no, fuck you.
Hah, I do the opposite most of the time, now.
I used to try to act plain but friendly, but people would get a vibe off me, or just think I was boring, and I'd be left.
Now meet most everyone as being positive, energetic and joke-y (while doing my best not to particularly make fun of anyone) as that's often what comes most natural to me, not really concerning myself with who will like me or not. I still seem to piss off most people at first in real life (sometimes they even tell me) and have a trend of nearly being banned in every online community I join, despite the fact that I don't spam or make fun of anyone.
Ha.....

...I realize this is emo. Sorry, I just needed to vent.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

With me, all you need to do is be a little friendly and I'll welcome you in straight away.
I'm stupidly welcoming, part of my attachment issues (I get attached way too easily) and like to give everyone a chance.
I'm also somewhat forgiving, bar very few things. and I'm extremely hard to actually upset.

I really am Pinkie Pie in that sense.
I'm the opposite most of the time. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt and at least try to be friendly, but if someone takes advantage of that or is an ass, I shut them out.
I don't get really attached to anyone, since I have trust issues, and keep my distance until I become comfortable with someone or a group.

At very first around a new group I'm very shy, hell, even when I'm in my own element I watch them as I do my thing but don't make much direct contact.
I begin by giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and if there's nothing I dislike within the first two or three series of contact I'll then be ultra welcoming and while I wouldn't trust them with everything and anything, I'll trust them not to be a jackass.

It depends on how they're being a jackass for me to be like; no, fuck you.
Hah, I do the opposite most of the time, now.
I used to try to act plain but friendly, but people would get a vibe off me, or just think I was boring, and I'd be left.
Now meet most everyone as being positive, energetic and joke-y (while doing my best not to particularly make fun of anyone) as that's often what comes most natural to me, not really concerning myself with who will like me or not. I still seem to piss off most people at first in real life (sometimes they even tell me) and have a trend of nearly being banned in every online community I join, despite the fact that I don't spam or make fun of anyone.
Ha.....

...I realize this is emo. Sorry, I just needed to vent.
Prepare for your ban Crazy

Spoiler:

'Tis a joke from my horrid sense of humor, so don't be worried. I have no reason to ban any of you...yet Trollestia

Serious response:
When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me. Hence, I come off as being rather unfriendly and anti-social. But if someone is nice when I first meet them, I occasionally come out of that shell and might make a joke or two with them. All depends on the person.
Internet forums are generally the same, except I'm generally quiet when I first join, and I could be called a troll with my first couple posts until I get comfortable with the community.

And feel free to vent here, we all have times that we need to do that, and nobody here SHOULD make fun of you or attack you for it ('tis against the rules after all). After all, love and tolerance and all that Fluttershy

This post made sense right? I didn't drone on or sound stupid?

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ametros on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me.

I have a strong tendency to do the very same. If I don't leave early, I just awkwardly hang around, doing nothing but listening, really.
avatar
Ametros
Earth Pony

Posts : 122
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 24
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
Serious response:
When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me. Hence, I come off as being rather unfriendly and anti-social. But if someone is nice when I first meet them, I occasionally come out of that shell and might make a joke or two with them. All depends on the person.
Internet forums are generally the same, except I'm generally quiet when I first join, and I could be called a troll with my first couple posts until I get comfortable with the community.

And feel free to vent here, we all have times that we need to do that, and nobody here SHOULD make fun of you or attack you for it ('tis against the rules after all). After all, love and tolerance and all that Fluttershy

This post made sense right? I didn't drone on or sound stupid?

Eheheh... don't worry, my first day here, before I went offline, I tried that chat thing on the main page of the forum and someone told me straight out they didn't like me. I'm guessing it was all the philosophy I was talking about, but I'll never know, and it might have just been that one person, but I doubt it.
That's how it works; I feel as welcome here as anywhere.

Love and tolerance FTW!

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Let me know if you'd like to hear my hypothesis/headcanon.
Sure!
Hypothesis/Headcanon:
The Zebra plan was as follows. As the High Command had determined that the war was heading, slowly but surely, for a bad loss, it was decided to employ drastic measures. Plan A was to launch a massive blitzkrieg at the Equestrian forces abroad with the aim of forcing them back, possibly past Equestria's borders. Losses were expected to be quite large, but if it worked, it might lead to a surrender on Zebra terms or even, perhaps, a victory. If Plan A failed, however, it would still be a crucial component of Plan B in that it would deal massive damage, hopefully irrecoverable damage to the Equestrian forces outside Equestria (which is something puzzled me about FoE and is left unanswered in PH; Equestria was megaspelled, but most of the fighting was in Zebra territory...so what happened to Equestria's forces abroad, and why didn't they return to begin providing relief?). The forces inside Equestria would not be a problem in the event of Plan B's use, as they would be taken care of by the Zebra megaspell strikes. On the morning of 10-23-11 L (Equestrian Calendar), as the assault began, saboteurs were in place, waiting for orders, and the SACII system was fully armed, nav gyros spun up, locks off, and one button press away from going up.

What exactly happened next is unclear; possibly it was an O.I.A. plot, possibly it was due to the deployment of tactical megaspells and like weapons in the Final Assault, or perhaps it was something else, but Celestia One began firing at known SACII launch sites. The controllers, seeing the only thing keeping the Zebras safe from being hit with a full megaspell bombardment from Equestria, gave the order to launch, and shortly after that the saboteurs received their commands. Equestria observed the sabotage and inbound missiles and gave orders for its own megaspells to begin firing, and that was that.

Note that this does not explain the highly anomalous destruction of Cloudsdayle, which is explicitly said in FoE to be both a missile hit and the first hit, predating the planted bombs at Maripony and in Manehattan. Somber said that she had some ideas for that, though, I believe...

SilentCarto wrote:By the way, I want to belatedly say I was wrong on the ballistic/cruise missile debate. I finally had it pointed out to me that Celestia said she flew 'between' the balefire missiles launched to obliterate Canterlot after the shield fell, so they must have been cruise missiles. End of debate.
Not quite, unfortunately. There are still the people who say that they used both. Still, welcome to the team!
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
Serious response:
When I first meet someone I only do minimal conversing, and then leave as soon as it is possible for me. Hence, I come off as being rather unfriendly and anti-social. But if someone is nice when I first meet them, I occasionally come out of that shell and might make a joke or two with them. All depends on the person.
Internet forums are generally the same, except I'm generally quiet when I first join, and I could be called a troll with my first couple posts until I get comfortable with the community.

And feel free to vent here, we all have times that we need to do that, and nobody here SHOULD make fun of you or attack you for it ('tis against the rules after all). After all, love and tolerance and all that Fluttershy

This post made sense right? I didn't drone on or sound stupid?

Eheheh... don't worry, my first day here, before I went offline, I tried that chat thing on the main page of the forum and someone told me straight out they didn't like me. I'm guessing it was all the philosophy I was talking about, but I'll never know, and it might have just been that one person, but I doubt it.
That's how it works; I feel as welcome here as anywhere.

Love and tolerance FTW!
It happens in every community, and I've been told that many times, maybe not here but I'm sure some people have to hate me. But I ignore them and focus on those who I consider friends.

I forgot where I was going with that whole thing...damnit, I'll post again if I remember XD

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:It happens in every community, and I've been told that many times, maybe not here but I'm sure some people have to hate me. But I ignore them and focus on those who I consider friends.

I forgot where I was going with that whole thing...damnit, I'll post again if I remember XD
I've been told it many many times. Once by a whole group of people! But they said they were starting to get used to me, so that was something.
And yeah, I ignore them. It's a little harder in person, or online when they are threatening to ban you, but you get used to it.
First time I was on IRC Kkat suggested I be banned. I guess was posting too much or something? I didn't say one mean thing to anyone. She apologized later and said she was just in a bad mood, but YAY.
I should probably stop reminiscing on that. I don't even go on IRC anymore.
Oh well Applebloom

I'll try and cut being emo now. The togetherness speeches a couple pages back just kinda ate at me a bit.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

swicked wrote:
I'll try and cut being emo now. The togetherness speeches a couple pages back just kinda ate at me a bit.
Not sure if trying to make pun, but I still giggled a little...

Anyways, yeah, I avoid those convos at all costs. Because either A) I'll turn into the most cynical, anti-relationship asshole you'll ever meet. Or B) I'll get depressed as I think about my past...or both XD


And on a happier note: I love that keychain (it is a keychain right?) in your avatar.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
I'll try and cut being emo now. The togetherness speeches a couple pages back just kinda ate at me a bit.
Not sure if trying to make pun, but I still giggled a little...

Anyways, yeah, I avoid those convos at all costs. Because either A) I'll turn into the most cynical, anti-relationship asshole you'll ever meet. Or B) I'll get depressed as I think about my past...or both XD


And on a happier note: I love that keychain (it is a keychain right?) in your avatar.
Yes, my spouse gave it to me <3
I do intentional and unintentional puns all the time. That was the later. It's the "ate at me a bit"/"ate at my bit" part, right? If not you'll have to point it out to me :P
And what convos? Togetherness ones? 'Cause yeah, I get all the more emo at that stuff and it's a hell of a struggle to try and suppress x_X

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 pm

swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
I'll try and cut being emo now. The togetherness speeches a couple pages back just kinda ate at me a bit.
Not sure if trying to make pun, but I still giggled a little...

Anyways, yeah, I avoid those convos at all costs. Because either A) I'll turn into the most cynical, anti-relationship asshole you'll ever meet. Or B) I'll get depressed as I think about my past...or both XD


And on a happier note: I love that keychain (it is a keychain right?) in your avatar.
Yes, my spouse gave it to me <3
I do intentional and unintentional puns all the time. That was the later. It's the "ate at me a bit"/"ate at my bit" part, right? If not you'll have to point it out to me :P
And what convos? Togetherness ones? 'Cause yeah, I get all the more emo at that stuff and it's a hell of a struggle to try and suppress x_X
It was the "cut being emo" part I found slightly funny.
Yup, togetherness ones are never good if I'm around. I can read stories and write togetherness stuff, but if it's an actual conversation...it doesn't end well

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:It was the "cut being emo" part I found slightly funny.
Yup, togetherness ones are never good if I'm around. I can read stories and write togetherness stuff, but if it's an actual conversation...it doesn't end well
Ahhh.... yeah, I've never cut. Or even thought about it, really.
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 pm

swicked wrote:
Ahhh.... yeah, I've never cut. Or even thought about it, really.
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.
I'm glad to hear that, I never really saw a point in it.

Yeah, that was me too, especially through school. Never really went to group functions, and if I did I was always in a corner or trying to sneak out as others asked why I was such a buzzkill or something like that. But, I've been done with that stuff for a while so now it is much easier to stay away from that kind of thing and just chill with one or two people I know well.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
Ahhh.... yeah, I've never cut. Or even thought about it, really.
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.
I'm glad to hear that, I never really saw a point in it.

Yeah, that was me too, especially through school. Never really went to group functions, and if I did I was always in a corner or trying to sneak out as others asked why I was such a buzzkill or something like that. But, I've been done with that stuff for a while so now it is much easier to stay away from that kind of thing and just chill with one or two people I know well.

Careful, there are cutters on this board. Or, at least, past ones. One reason, though, is just that some (nowhere near all) confuse physical pain with pleasure. By which I mean their body does. Personally I like feeling emotional or spiritual pain from time to time. It's nice to feel bad sometimes, you know? Just not all the time.

I didn't really chill with anyone prior to halfway through college. Seriously, no one. Did not like a single person in middle or high school (to put it lightly), so I went off on my own the entire time.
Eventually met someone, dated them for a while, got married, now I'm pretty happy with a dozen or so friends (none of which do the whole togetherness thing, thank goodness). Things certainly can change a lot :P

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 pm

swicked wrote:
Careful, there are cutters on this board. Or, at least, past ones. One reason, though, is just that some (nowhere near all) confuse physical pain with pleasure. By which I mean their body does. Personally I like feeling emotional or spiritual pain from time to time. It's nice to feel bad sometimes, you know? Just not all the time.

I didn't really chill with anyone prior to halfway through college. Seriously, no one. Did not like a single person in middle or high school (to put it lightly), so I went off on my own the entire time.
Eventually met someone, dated them for a while, got married, now I'm pretty happy with a dozen or so friends (none of which do the whole togetherness thing, thank goodness). Things certainly can change a lot :P
I've been known to feel that from time to time, but I can only really enjoy it if others cause me the pain...

And moving away from that little tidbit which should never be brought up again, I'm glad to hear you've gotten through that and are now happy with how things are for you.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
Careful, there are cutters on this board. Or, at least, past ones. One reason, though, is just that some (nowhere near all) confuse physical pain with pleasure. By which I mean their body does. Personally I like feeling emotional or spiritual pain from time to time. It's nice to feel bad sometimes, you know? Just not all the time.

I didn't really chill with anyone prior to halfway through college. Seriously, no one. Did not like a single person in middle or high school (to put it lightly), so I went off on my own the entire time.
Eventually met someone, dated them for a while, got married, now I'm pretty happy with a dozen or so friends (none of which do the whole togetherness thing, thank goodness). Things certainly can change a lot :P
I've been known to feel that from time to time, but I can only really enjoy it if others cause me the pain...

And moving away from that little tidbit which should never be brought up again, I'm glad to hear you've gotten through that and are now happy with how things are for you.

Others causing it, causing it myself via reminiscing, w/e.
And I'm seriously a loner. I did not have a problem not involving myself with other people, partway through highschool I think people forgot I existed, anyway. I get antsy if I'm with someone for too long, no matter how much I like them, and I really enjoyed living alone :P

I enjoy now, in part, just because it is different. I like different. I try to make things different whenever I can.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm

...from
our many adventures in Roam and other zebra lands, we have found this a
strange and enchanting place. For many ponies, zebras are hut dwelling
primitives practicing strange shamanistic magic. It is unthinkable
that zebras should have cultural and historical accomplishments that
rival, even exceed, those of even Ponyville, much less the greater
Equestrian cities. My son and I have explored the vast empty Savannahs,
crossed blistering deserts, and explored strange jungles only to be
dazzled and amazed by these genial folks and their strange but not
unwholesome ways.


While ponies can easily separate ourselves into groups of earth pony,
unicorn, and pegasus, zebra affiliation is far more tribal and
fragmented into herds and bloodlines stretching back to antiquity.
Some, like the Zencori, wander far and wide collecting lore and stories
to bring back to their ancestral lands. Others are far more cerebral
and mystic like the elusive Achu, who blend hoof fighting with
meditation and spiritualistic behavior. The Propoli are every bit as
urban as the most sophisticated Canterlotian pony, placing great stock
on lore and education. Indeed, a traveler can find as much difference
between an Atori and a Eschatik zebra as a pegasus from a unicorn!


While most zebra tribes are friendly, if odd, one must take care to
avoid ‘star touched’ tribes. The term describes tribes that have
dabbled in dark and forbidden magic or performed horrible crimes. The
most infamous, of course, are the Starkatteri, or ‘Eaters of the Stars’,
tribe, whose dark tales of ritual sacrifice, flaying the skin off still
living prisoners, profane rituals, and other dark deeds have become the
stuff of trashy adventure tales back home. Others, like the Carnilala,
engage in disturbing sexual practices and self-mutilation. These ‘star
touched’ tribes are shunned by zebra society as a whole, but sadly they
are the first thing many ponies latch onto when thinking of our striped
neighbors.
That's from chapter 35. I think the Starkatteri had some influence in this web of conspiracy. They, or their beliefs, (release the Eater of Souls,) must have had some influence within Equestria, maybe inside the OIA. Project Partypooper happened in conjunction with the destruction of Cloudsdale and the detonation of the smuggled Balefire bombs, and that is in no way a coincidence. For all we know, the only thing preventing Project Horizons and whatever it has to do with the Eater of Souls from activating two hundred years ago was that EC-1101 was sealed inside Stable 99. It could just as easily have been a deliberate action on someone's part as a chance failure of the Equestrian communications network.
avatar
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Posts : 947
Brohoof! : 166
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm

O. Hinds wrote:What exactly happened next is unclear; possibly it was an O.I.A. plot, possibly it was due to the deployment of tactical megaspells and like weapons in the Final Assault, or perhaps it was something else, but Celestia One began firing at known SACII launch sites. The controllers, seeing the only thing keeping the Zebras safe from being hit with a full megaspell bombardment from Equestria, gave the order to launch, and shortly after that the saboteurs received their commands. Equestria observed the sabotage and inbound missiles and gave orders for its own megaspells to begin firing, and that was that.
Yeah, the fact that Cloudsdale was hit by a missile is somewhat problematic. Maybe it was a special type of missile -- like say, the one and only ballistic missile the Zebras had. I guess they couldn't get any/enough pegasus sympathizers.

Either way, I disagree about C-1 firing before the attack on Cloudsdayle. What's the reasoning behind that? There's plenty of time between Cloudsdayle being hit and the cloud cover spreading enough to cover Manehattan for C-1 to fire for hours. It makes sense with the cruise missile idea, too -- imagine it like a V-1 launch ramp, where they have one launcher and a bunch of reloads. Even though the site has fired its first shot, you can still burn it to prevent five or ten more missiles.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

swicked wrote:

Others causing it, causing it myself via reminiscing, w/e.
And I'm seriously a loner. I did not have a problem not involving myself with other people, partway through highschool I think people forgot I existed, anyway. I get antsy if I'm with someone for too long, no matter how much I like them, and I really enjoyed living alone :P

I enjoy now, in part, just because it is different. I like different. I try to make things different whenever I can.
For me that depends. If it's someone I trust I can be around them for most of the day without worrying. But most people I just try to get away from as quick as I can, normally by lying about a prior engagement or something like that. I feel better most of the time when I'm alone, but sometimes I need to be around someone otherwise I break down.

As for me, I don't respond well to 'different', and like to stick with things I'm used to and know, which is probably why I'm having a hard time getting used to being back home.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:

Others causing it, causing it myself via reminiscing, w/e.
And I'm seriously a loner. I did not have a problem not involving myself with other people, partway through highschool I think people forgot I existed, anyway. I get antsy if I'm with someone for too long, no matter how much I like them, and I really enjoyed living alone :P

I enjoy now, in part, just because it is different. I like different. I try to make things different whenever I can.
For me that depends. If it's someone I trust I can be around them for most of the day without worrying. But most people I just try to get away from as quick as I can, normally by lying about a prior engagement or something like that. I feel better most of the time when I'm alone, but sometimes I need to be around someone otherwise I break down.

As for me, I don't respond well to 'different', and like to stick with things I'm used to and know, which is probably why I'm having a hard time getting used to being back home.
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” - Stephen Hawking ;P

I don't break down alone. It's comforting, if anything, to pretend for a little while that no one else matters.
And... worrying? What are you worrying about?

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Derpmind wrote:That's from chapter 35. I think the Starkatteri had some influence in this web of conspiracy. They, or their beliefs, (release the Eater of Souls,) must have had some influence within Equestria, maybe inside the OIA. Project Partypooper happened in conjunction with the destruction of Cloudsdale and the detonation of the smuggled Balefire bombs, and that is in no way a coincidence. For all we know, the only thing preventing Project Horizons and whatever it has to do with the Eater of Souls from activating two hundred years ago was that EC-1101 was sealed inside Stable 99. It could just as easily have been a deliberate action on someone's part as a chance failure of the Equestrian communications network.
I don't think so... there's not really any evidence of play here, foul or otherwise. EC-1101 found Pinkie dead, so it bounced back to Canterlot, Stonehide was dead, then it failed to locate Borealis so it tried to bounce to Ironmare to find General Shimmerstar. Hoofington was such a wreck, though, that it could only get through on the Stable-Tec network and got dead-ended in 99, and that was that. I suppose Dealer could have steered it into that dead end, maybe, but I don't think he has any control over its functions.
Edit: Heh, you know where it probably tried to go after 99? Stable 90. No wonder it got stuck.

Ew, nasty thought... what if the bulk of the Proditors were from star-touched tribes?
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 pm

swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
For me that depends. If it's someone I trust I can be around them for most of the day without worrying. But most people I just try to get away from as quick as I can, normally by lying about a prior engagement or something like that. I feel better most of the time when I'm alone, but sometimes I need to be around someone otherwise I break down.

As for me, I don't respond well to 'different', and like to stick with things I'm used to and know, which is probably why I'm having a hard time getting used to being back home.
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” - Stephen Hawking ;P

I don't break down alone. It's comforting, if anything, to pretend for a little while that no one else matters.
And... worrying? What are you worrying about?
Bah, smart person quotes XD

And as for my worrying, it's personal stuff which is a result of bad experiences in my past that I'd rather not discuss.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Orm on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Quick question.

Has there been a Fallout Equestria side story set in Point Lookout yet?
avatar
Orm
Alicorn

Posts : 4425
Brohoof! : 51
Join date : 2012-02-22
Age : 24
Location : Canada

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
Ice Crystal wrote:
For me that depends. If it's someone I trust I can be around them for most of the day without worrying. But most people I just try to get away from as quick as I can, normally by lying about a prior engagement or something like that. I feel better most of the time when I'm alone, but sometimes I need to be around someone otherwise I break down.

As for me, I don't respond well to 'different', and like to stick with things I'm used to and know, which is probably why I'm having a hard time getting used to being back home.
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” - Stephen Hawking ;P

I don't break down alone. It's comforting, if anything, to pretend for a little while that no one else matters.
And... worrying? What are you worrying about?
Bah, smart person quotes XD

And as for my worrying, it's personal stuff which is a result of bad experiences in my past that I'd rather not discuss.
"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it." -Belgicia Howell
Not entirely relevant, but it's one of my favorite quotes.
And I have a lot of them.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about stuff anytime, though. I've been told I give pretty good advice.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 pm

swicked wrote:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it." -Belgicia Howell
Not entirely relevant, but it's one of my favorite quotes.
And I have a lot of them.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about stuff anytime, though. I've been told I give pretty good advice.
I'd rather not.
No offense to you, but I haven't discussed this stuff with anyone, even my family or closest friends. I prefer to keep it to myself.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
swicked wrote:
"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it." -Belgicia Howell
Not entirely relevant, but it's one of my favorite quotes.
And I have a lot of them.

I'd be more than happy to talk to you about stuff anytime, though. I've been told I give pretty good advice.
I'd rather not.
No offense to you, but I haven't discussed this stuff with anyone, even my family or closest friends. I prefer to keep it to myself.
To be honest I figured as much. Still thought I'd offer. We all have stuff we can't talk to people about. I know I do.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Ryx, Sindri, and Kipper (role model stuff)
You guys rock, why wouldn't I want to be like you? :) Not, y'know, actually BE you, because that'd be weird and confuse me due to existentialism and stuff (the former of which I have at best a basic understanding of, due to having learned about it solely in French), but... You all have a fantastic qualities that I would fain do better at exhibiting. And it's inspiring when they pop up.
Yeah, actually being me would net you a whole bushel of weirdness that I usually don't talk about - even aside from the sense-of-self problems like Glory's having.
Well as long as you're avoiding being like the bad parts (which for me is... a lot...) then I suppose it's okay to look up to us... maybe. Being like them is a much better idea still.

guarddogjr wrote:Now that Boo has become a seapony no one can escape
her adorableness! The plan for Boo to take over the world had begun. All
hail princess of snack cake!

As always another amazing picture Wave!
Well, she still needs a reliable way to fly, other than Lacunae. That will have to be remedied later. And thank you, I'm glad you like it, sir.

Ice Crystal wrote:HNNNNNNNNG
RoboRed wrote:Shoo-be-doo Boo!
Katarn wrote:This post causes diabetes..
Thank you all, I'm glad you like it, and as always, I'm sorry about the diabetes and various heart conditions...

Somber wrote:Ryx does best seaponies... :)
Thank you very much, sir!

I still really need to draw Pisces and Capri soon...

Quotidian wrote:We build our own worlds. Our own societies. Our own
support networks. I don't know if that's enough for you, or me, or for
anyone. But it's all we've got, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to
keep trying.

I hope you will too. Because, and I know I've said this before, the world is a brighter place with you in it.
Very well said, sir.

SilentCarto wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:Allow me to contribute to bringing some cheer back to the thread:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/24528224962
Ahh, I feel better now.
It's always my hope to help everyone feel better when I can. *hugs*

Meleagridis wrote:Big old image dump that basically amounts to 'Seapony Boo is cute'
Also, it should be 'shoo de Boo'.
I'm glad you like it heh, and well... I debated for quite some time about whether I should put 'shoo be Boo' or not... I really couldn't decide so I just flipped a coin, and it came up the scratched side so I left it as is.

Rboy474 wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:27 posts from a brand new thread.
The time for chit chat is now.
So.... Hows the weather?
Hot. Always hot. Stupid Arizona being the middle of three different deserts...

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:How does this keep getting better?
I've neglected to mention before, but that Blackjack plushie it totally adorable.

Ice Crystal wrote:Well keep it up, the laughter helps with my depression XD
And that's why we love Kim and Kipper. Also *hugs again*


As for the Wasteland mysteries and stuff... I think I'll leave that to you smart ponies.


Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Yeah, the fact that Cloudsdale was hit by a missile is somewhat problematic. Maybe it was a special type of missile -- like say, the one and only ballistic missile the Zebras had. I guess they couldn't get any/enough pegasus sympathizers.
Equestria would have detected that, though. That's the problem; sure, a missile could have hit Cloudsdayle before any of the other bombs went off, but Equestria would have detected it in flight and initiated a full exchange (I suppose that there's a chance that they'd think that it was a glitch in the detection system, but the Zebras wouldn't bank on that in any case).

SilentCarto wrote:Either way, I disagree about C-1 firing before the attack on Cloudsdayle. What's the reasoning behind that? There's plenty of time between Cloudsdayle being hit and the cloud cover spreading enough to cover Manehattan for C-1 to fire for hours. It makes sense with the cruise missile idea, too -- imagine it like a V-1 launch ramp, where they have one launcher and a bunch of reloads. Even though the site has fired its first shot, you can still burn it to prevent five or ten more missiles.
FoE said that C-1 was firing on the missile launch sites; if the missiles, or at least the bulk of them, had already been launched, why do that when there are better targets available? The conclusion I drew was that C-1 must have begun firing prior to the launch. As for a V-1-like-system, the SACII (and SACI, but that doesn't matter much) was designed to avoid that sort of scenario. Equestria's instant-cast megaspells could easily take out a weapons system like that.

Silentcarto wrote:Edit: Heh, you know where it probably tried to go after 99? Stable 90. No wonder it got stuck.

Ew, nasty thought... what if the bulk of the Proditors were from star-touched tribes?
Both interesting... and the second would fit with some of my ideas...
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm

swicked wrote:
Ahhh.... yeah, I've never cut. Or even thought about it, really.
In any case, I'm glad you exist. I always seemed to be the only one feeling like crap when everyone came together for a group hug or sang together or whatever in youth junk, going over to be sad in the corner or leave the room, other people looking at me weird. Those sorts of things, thankfully, just don't happen nowadays.
I'm a lot like that too, actually. In large social gatherings, even in my own home, I typically sit in the corner until I am invited to do something. I am quite the wallflower.
Almost all of my friends are people I met through other people, and are on average 2 years older than I am. I get along with them much easier, but I prefer to be without social contact after encounters for a while, because being social drains me a lot.

PS: The keychain is pretty awesome.
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Btw, Ice Crystal, just so you know, I've been on the internet a long time. I'm no longer capable of being offended. I'm really only capable of:
1. Annoyance, and
2. Disappointment

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum