Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Kippershy wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:

Kippershy wrote:Just want you to know; wub <3
>.> when is the next P.H meetup, this only sounds all too fun xD
<3
I would love a PH meetup... that would be so awesome... Except I don't have the money to travel... so you'd all have to come to my house, and then never leave.

Kippershy wrote:So yes. If I act strange next Friday - I apologise
Well I do hope you enjoy yourself, but be careful, alright sir? *hugs*

>go to your house
>never leave

I'm fine with this.
Seriously, your mum is awesome and I'd love to hug her. I was thinking about a meet-up today (as a joke) and decided the first thing I'd do is silently walk around not quite introducing myself until I find the shy guy standing by himself or just having little to say - then run at him with hugs.
(because I can totally see you doing that)

Then I'd actively hunt down Somber who I could tell by the look of fear in his face.
I'd hunt him down and run at him and grab him and not let go for a little while.

then I'd hunt down Kim and uh...
*cough*

ahahahahaha.

As for the second thing?
Oh, you did not just tell me to be safe.
Me? safe?
5g can be enough for a light trip, 8-12g for a medium to heavy trip, 15g for a heavy trip.

When I took 30g my world melted around me and completely changed.

...I'm taking 45g.

...There is no safe, only extremely awesome.

but thank you all the same <3

-Some large guy coming at me full-speed for hugs would momentarily freak me the fuck out. Applebloom

-Somber would not be able to breathe from the accumulated hugs.

-...Well...you already know my thoughts about you and Kim... Sweetie Belle

-Shroomy.

AHA! THE THREAD BREAK IS MINE!!

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I, more likely, would run around after Kipp and make sure he wouldn't smother anyone to death with his bear hugs. Except part, when I need to be for 1 year in line in US embassy to just get visa..or few month if meeting will be in Europe :D
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx wrote:

Kippershy wrote:Just want you to know; wub <3
>.> when is the next P.H meetup, this only sounds all too fun xD
<3
I would love a PH meetup... that would be so awesome... Except I don't have the money to travel... so you'd all have to come to my house, and then never leave.

Kippershy wrote:So yes. If I act strange next Friday - I apologise
Well I do hope you enjoy yourself, but be careful, alright sir? *hugs*

>go to your house
>never leave

I'm fine with this.
Seriously, your mum is awesome and I'd love to hug her. I was thinking about a meet-up today (as a joke) and decided the first thing I'd do is silently walk around not quite introducing myself until I find the shy guy standing by himself or just having little to say - then run at him with hugs.
(because I can totally see you doing that)

Then I'd actively hunt down Somber who I could tell by the look of fear in his face.
I'd hunt him down and run at him and grab him and not let go for a little while.

then I'd hunt down Kim and uh...
*cough*

ahahahahaha.

As for the second thing?
Me? safe?
5g can be enough for a light trip, 8-12g for a medium to heavy trip, 15g for a heavy trip.

When I took 30g my world melted around me and completely changed.

...I'm taking 45g.

-Some large guy coming at me full-speed for hugs would momentarily freak me the fuck out.

-Somber would not be able to breathe from the accumulated hugs.

-...Well...you already know my thought about you and Kim...

-Shroomy.

AHA! THE THREAD BREAK IS MINE!!

This picture is a good few months old now (taken back in early November) but shows my build compared to a good range of people.

Spoiler:

...so yes, that would be quite frightening, especially as I can sprint faster then all but one of the people in my group. I would give the speeds that the machine was telling us but quite frankly I'm in a mix of not absolutely sure and not willing to trust the speeds I think it said and seem like a fool... but point is, I can sprint damn fast and getting smacked by 200lbs of me would be painful for anyone at the speeds I can move.

Somber wouldn't be able to breathe from the bearhug I plan to give him (and not release him from until I've had some nice nuzzling into his chest like a child...)

Hhahhaa.

I just want to be looooooved.

edit: OH. bonus picture for you all; full grown horse. IT KNOWS.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kippershy on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Katarn wrote:I, more likely, would run around after Kipp and make sure he wouldn't smother anyone to death with his bear hugs. Except part, when I need to be for 1 year in line in US embassy to just get visa..or few month if meeting will be in Europe :D

and then you see this:

Kippershy wrote:
Somber wouldn't be able to breathe from the
bearhug I plan to give him (and not release him from until I've had some
nice nuzzling into his chest like a child...)

Hhahhaa.

I just want to be looooooved.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:38 pm

SilentCarto wrote:So I was just thinking about where the Remnant came from...

BATTLESHIP PURIFICATION -- PATROL ORDERS -- OPEN AT SEA:

"OPERATION MOONSET"
COMBINED MILITARY COMMAND HQ
The submersible battleship Purification is the final blow to ensure the completion of Operation Moonset. Upon opening these orders, you will proceed to the launch zone and remain submerged for 24 hours. Surface when able and monitor transmissions. If Equestria has surrendered, we will transmit codeword OVERWHELM from 0500 to 0700 daily. Upon receipt, break radio silence and request further instructions. Return the sealed orders to Command HQ unopened.

If codeword is not received, open sealed orders.

BATTLESHIP PURIFICATION -- SEALED ORDERS -- OPEN ONLY WHEN ORDERED:

OFFICE OF THE CAESAR
BALEFIRE LAUNCH AUTHORIZATION CODE KEY G76D 4K8V W5XU
Target List:
Missile 1 - 38°53'42.4"N 77°02'12.0"W, standard flight profile (Canterlot city center)
Missile 2 - 38°53'43.3"N 77°02'13.2"W, standard flight profile (Canterlot palace)
Missile 3 - 38°53'43.2"N 77°02'13.1"W, level approach NE at 1200m (Canterlot support structure)
Missile 4 - Discretion
Missile 5 - Discretion
Missile 6 - Discretion
Missile 7 - Discretion
Missile 8 - Discretion

Captain... no. Nafari. I will write frankly. I'm sure you saw the royal circlet that I included in this packet already; I, my family, and all of Roam are probably dead. You are Caesar now, nephew. Know that you and your crew are the world's last hope to destroy Nightmare Moon. You must not fail.

Included in the launch code safe is a box of 154 Medals of Honor, one for each member of your crew. They're probably meaningless by now, but they might in some way make up for the likelihood that your crew will never know whether their friends or family survived, even if they ever see home again. I'm sorry for that.

So, here are my final orders as Caesar: you are to immediately launch missiles 1-3. Missiles 4-8 will remain at your discretion. Find Nightmare Moon and kill her if she still lives. You have our most skilled infiltration team on board, armed with our most advanced weapons, as well as a squadron of Search Spiders and four Terminator combat drones equipped with balefire egg launchers. Use them all as you see fit. The robots are immune to balefire residue, so they can safely gather information in the wake of Operation Moonset.

That's it. Our Equestrian technology experts believe your spark generator should function unattended for nearly a century, and a secure storehouse of food and supplies waits for you at 59°56'23"N, 44°12'0"W. The site is remote enough to remain free of balefire contamination. There are seed and agricultural supplies, but you will have to find a less desolate place to use them.

Should your primary mission succeed, there is much good you could do toward cleansing the world of every trace of star-taint, but above all, survive. You are my legacy.

-Caesar

Interesting. It doesn't fit with my headcanon at all, though.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Just a heads up, but did you know most hallucinogenic mushrooms grow in manure? I read an encyclopedia on American fungi and the hallucinogenic ones other than Fly Amanita that I remember grow in cow shit.
Did you know that most organic foods use manure for fertilizer too? Twilight Sparkle
Honestly, agriculture in general is pretty disgusting if you think about it too hard.
Actually, most of life is.
Yep, I did. Also, most manure is just grass anyway. My back yard grows much faster than the front yard, likely because I have 3 dogs. Anyway, most of those mushrooms grow in only conditions met by cow manure. I love reading about mushrooms, but some of them freak me out.

While I have no intention of using any drugs for recreation, I know quite a bit about them. Compared to most people I know, at least.
Kippershy wrote:
Me? safe?
I've tried it, doesn't work. Derpy Hooves
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Thread needs more Scotch.

Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 pm

...Diabetes...

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Aonee wrote:Thread needs more Scotch.
OhgoodlordmyheartHNGNNGGG
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Kattlarv wrote:(Pinkie) It still doesn't make much sense at all though, going with how Pinkie's skeleton now indeed was confirmed to be burnt AND in a CORNER. In PH, she's sitting in her chair when she gets shot as far as I recall. Plus, how did Psalm make it out from a balefire explosion? She'd basically have to run several kilometres within a minute or so.
@Sindri: (Pinkie) Yeah, as said, she COULD have burnt, all we know is that she was huddled up in a corner, hugging Twilight's statuette. Not dying in her chair like here. And as said, she could have been killed by the shock wave, debris, heat, radiation or suicide.
No, she very specifically sat down against the wall before being shot. And that particular balefire explosion, IIRC, went off inside a sabotaged shield, containing the fires. Psalm was at sniper range, and the weapons used were on the "city block" scale rather than the "region" scale, on the other side of two shields intended to block megaspells. She'd be fine.

Re: BM's death. I have to say that in here, it doesn't seem like BM did anything at all but be shot, but I can say I could see it as they making it a media thing of it. Even if it removes all of his heroic sacrifice in that matter.
Macintosh spotted the sniper and positioned himself between the bullet and Celestia because he didn't have time for anything else. They didn't target him, and if catching a bullet for your goddess isn't a heroic sacrifice I don't know what is.

Derpmind wrote:And then they F-

fiercely debated stuff.
I dunno, sounds like we'd just need to get Kim and Kipper in the same room for a while...

Somber wrote:Sigh... yeah. The problem with the podcast was 'Great story, great characters, loved reading it... but I quit.' Not like 'I hope to one day finish it off' or 'I really need to tackle it again' but 'TL:DR... but I liked it!'

Sigh...
Srsly? Why would anyone make a podcast just to say "hey, look at this cool thing I didn't bother to read!"

Are they just whoring for followers among people who look at the title and don't listen to it or something?

Kippershy wrote:So yes. If I act strange next Friday - I apologise, its the shrooms.
Say hi to the lisards for me!

ketchup504 wrote:Just a heads up, but did you know most hallucinogenic mushrooms grow in manure? I read an encyclopedia on American fungi and the hallucinogenic ones other than Fly Amanita that I remember grow in cow shit.
Pretty much all commercial mushrooms grow in shit. All those nice healthy ones in the supermarket? Grown in trays of manure in a dark, hot hut.

WavemasterRyx wrote:I would love a PH meetup... that would be so awesome... Except I don't have the money to travel... so you'd all have to come to my house
Sounds great, pm me the address and date and I'll-
, and then never leave.
hrm. I was planning on doing... stuff later this decade. And I doubt your house is big enough to hold all of us for more than a few hours. This may need to be re-thought.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Okay. Okay. I give in. I used to be cold, heartless and other similar descriptive terms, but one simply can't endure so much HNNGGGG in such a short space of time. Congratulations. You just broke me. I now feel emotions other than hatred and depression. I actually smiled for the first time in months. I feel the need to type more things. I don't care how creepy this may/may not seem, but I love you all. Thanks, and good day to you all. RANT OVER.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm

MrMagma wrote:Okay. Okay. I give in. I used to be cold, heartless and other similar descriptive terms, but one simply can't endure so much HNNGGGG in such a short space of time. Congratulations. You just broke me. I now feel emotions other than hatred and depression. I actually smiled for the first time in months. I feel the need to type more things. I don't care how creepy this may/may not seem, but I love you all. Thanks, and good day to you all. RANT OVER.

HUGZ!!!!1! Pinkie Pie

(incidentally, this forum needs a Chrysalis emoticon for use whenever somebody says they love me)
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Sindri wrote:
MrMagma wrote:Okay. Okay. I give in. I used to be cold, heartless and other similar descriptive terms, but one simply can't endure so much HNNGGGG in such a short space of time. Congratulations. You just broke me. I now feel emotions other than hatred and depression. I actually smiled for the first time in months. I feel the need to type more things. I don't care how creepy this may/may not seem, but I love you all. Thanks, and good day to you all. RANT OVER.

HUGZ!!!!1! Pinkie Pie

(incidentally, this forum needs a Chrysalis emoticon for use whenever somebody says they love me)
Good idea <3

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm

*Dives in violently for hugs* I FEEL LOVED! Sweetie Belle

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Nightfire wrote:
Sindri wrote:

HUGZ!!!!1! Pinkie Pie

Good idea <3
So this means I win? Yay! Queen Pinkie Pie
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Sindri wrote:

HUGZ!!!!1! Pinkie Pie

You'll have to wait until someone here makes one!

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
Sindri wrote:

HUGZ!!!!1! Pinkie Pie

You'll have to wait until someone here makes one!
I, for one, welcome our new pony overlords.
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Sindri wrote:And that particular balefire explosion, IIRC, went off inside a sabotaged shield, containing the fires.
"I swept my scope to the M.o.M. building. The weakened shields had failed at the base, and the fire was pouring in. The shield acted like a chimney, drawing the flame upwards and incinerating everypony inside."

Sindri wrote:Psalm was at sniper range, and the weapons used were on the "city block" scale rather than the "region" scale...
The Manehattan bomb, singular, was not small in any way.
"The skyscrapers had fallen behind us, and the Manehattan Ruins had become a grey maze of crumbling structures and flattened buildings radiating out from the Manehattan Blast Zone. We could clearly see where the Balefire Bomb had gone off. What had once been Manehattan’s city center had been scoured to the foundations in a huge radius. The Blast Zone was almost uniformly smooth save for odd lines where underground tunnels had channeled the blast. It glistened like glass." --Fallout: Equestria, ch. 34

SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

A theory

Post by FeatherDust on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm

This thread tends to be extremely tl;dr for me, so maybe this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on what Project Horizons actually is. I'll spoiler it so it won't just be out there for anyone who doesn't want to speculate. (But in that case what're you doing in this thread?!)

The nature of Project Horizons:

Project Horizons was, as far as I can tell, an outgrowth of the space program and a major weapons tech program headed by Trottenheimer.

So: I think it's the first ICBM. Megaspells must have a long reach but not infinite range; this could be a weapon capable of reaching and destroying the zebra capital. It would need some kind of guidance system; I suspect the targeting talisman Jetstream was supposed to take to Roam was meant to guide the missile.

The question is what the OIA (perhaps Garnet in specific) was trying to accomplish. Psalm and Partypooper were clearly eliminating everyone who could've been a recipient for EC-1101. I used to think they were trying to get it into the hands of somebody who wanted it, but now I think they were (or are) trying to cause a critical failure -- that is, no valid recipients remain -- in order to trigger PH's activation. It was sealed by royal order, but an EC-1101 critical failure would be a backdoor around that.

This fits well with my theory:
Spoiler:

If PH is a weapon capable of destroying Roam, it would make sense to link it to EC-1101 that way -- a final strike weapon set to fire when Equestria is struck a blow so terrible that the entire power structure is eliminated.

But why would they want to fire it now, and at what?

Ultimately I'm sure it'll be used against the Souleater, possibly with a payload of moonstone to cause an annihilation blast that would shatter or utterly destroy its main body.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm

FeatherDust wrote:This thread tends to be extremely tl;dr for me, so maybe this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on what Project Horizons actually is. I'll spoiler it so it won't just be out there for anyone who doesn't want to speculate. (But in that case what're you doing in this thread?!)

Project Horizons was, as far as I can tell, an outgrowth of the space program and a major weapons tech program headed by Trottenheimer.

So: I think it's the first ICBM. Megaspells must have a long reach but not infinite range; this could be a weapon capable of reaching and destroying the zebra capital. It would need some kind of guidance system; I suspect the targeting talisman Jetstream was supposed to take to Roam was meant to guide the missile.

The question is what the OIA (perhaps Garnet in specific) was trying to accomplish. Psalm and Partypooper were clearly eliminating everyone who could've been a recipient for EC-1101. I used to think they were trying to get it into the hands of somebody who wanted it, but now I think they were (or are) trying to cause a critical failure -- that is, no valid recipients remain -- in order to trigger PH's activation. It was sealed by royal order, but an EC-1101 critical failure would be a backdoor around that.

Spoiler:

If PH is a weapon capable of destroying Roam, it would make sense to link it to EC-1101 that way -- a final strike weapon set to fire when Equestria is struck a blow so terrible that the entire power structure is eliminated.

Ultimately I'm sure it'll be used against the Souleater, possibly with a payload of moonstone to cause an annihilation blast that would shatter or utterly destroy its main body.
That is a good theory Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

FeatherDust wrote:This thread tends to be extremely tl;dr for me, so maybe this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on what Project Horizons actually is. I'll spoiler it so it won't just be out there for anyone who doesn't want to speculate. (But in that case what're you doing in this thread?!)

Spoiler:

Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.

We have? I don't recall any information about the range of megaspells. The only evidence I recall was that Celestia Prime was used against some shoreline targets -- it may be that those were as far as it could reach. And anyway, CP was a secret project at the very end of the war, so it might have had longer reach than normal megaspells and PH could've been created without knowledge of it.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Kippershy wrote:>go to your house
>never leave

I'm fine with this.
Seriously, your mum is awesome and I'd love to hug her.

As for the second thing?
Me? safe?
Well for now I'll give her a hug for you, heh. Also, you're still smaller than me, so it wouldn't freak me out too much, and I'd already be hugging Somber, so two ponies with one hug!
And of course I want you to be safe, if something bad happened to you I don't know what I'd do...

Katarn wrote:I, more likely, would run around after Kipp and make
sure he wouldn't smother anyone to death with his bear hugs. Except
part, when I need to be for 1 year in line in US embassy to just get
visa..or few month if meeting will be in Europe :D
Maybe we can get you a special pony peace envoy pass or something...

Aonee wrote:Thread needs more Scotch.
Scotch. Scotch. That isn't sanitary Scotch! That sparkly eyed pony thing is really cute heh.

Sindri wrote:Srsly? Why would anyone make a podcast just to say "hey, look at this cool thing I didn't bother to read!"

Are they just whoring for followers among people who look at the title and don't listen to it or something?
WavemasterRyx wrote:I would love a PH meetup... that would be so awesome... Except I don't have the money to travel... so you'd all have to come to my house
Sounds great, pm me the address and date and I'll-
, and then never leave.
hrm.
I was planning on doing... stuff later this decade. And I doubt your
house is big enough to hold all of us for more than a few hours. This
may need to be re-thought.
- As I said earlier: "Yeah... I heard from one of the people involved that the only reason
they actually did PH was to get it out of the way so they wouldn't have
to put up with people constantly asking them to do it..."
So yeah, pretty much...
- Stay Forever! No actually we do have a fairly small house... but it's still nice to dream...

MrMagma wrote:Okay. Okay. I give in. I used to be cold, heartless and
other similar descriptive terms, but one simply can't endure so much
HNNGGGG in such a short space of time. Congratulations. You just broke
me. I now feel emotions other than hatred and depression. I actually
smiled for the first time in months. I feel the need to type more
things. I don't care how creepy this may/may not seem, but I love you
all. Thanks, and good day to you all. RANT OVER.
Yay for smiling! *hugs MrMagma*
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.

We have? I don't recall any information about the range of megaspells. The only evidence I recall was that Celestia Prime was used against some shoreline targets -- it may be that those were as far as it could reach. And anyway, CP was a secret project at the very end of the war, so it might have had longer reach than normal megaspells and PH could've been created without knowledge of it.
Somber wrote:Finally, we came to what looked like a large control room of some kind.  ‘Ministry of Arcane Sciences Hoofington Megaspell Facility’ was written over a large emblem of a unicorn in profile against a starry sky.  It had the same charred look as most of this place: not melted, but definitely not what I’d call intact.  A massive monitor covered one wall, the screen blackened and slightly warped but still displaying an image.  A… map.

“There!  Look.  That’s Hoofington,” Glory said as she pointed at a little mote along a river.  To the east and south were all kinds of other names, few that I recognized.  The entire map was covered in transparent blotches of different colors.  Most were green or pink.

“Who marked up the map?” I asked with a smile as my eyes looked at the names.  Canterlot.  Manehattan.  Fillydelphia.  Roam.  Slowly, my smile faded and my eyes widened as comprehension dawned.

“Megaspell targets.  Balefire strikes,” Glory breathed softly.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 pm

To person that wanted a Emote of chrysalis it is now there, ya welcome <3

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 pm

By the way, I've done some more research, and it turns out that the problem I'm having with Fo3 is quite common and apparently the fault of the game itself rather than Wine. I've yet to find a solution, though; I've tried editing FALLOUT.ini (though if anyone here has suggestions for different edits, please let me know), I'm already using d3d9.dll, and I know that my computer can actually handle it since NV runs fine (for a Bethesda game). Any advice here for fixing the "crash on new game" problem?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Katarn wrote:I, more likely, would run around after Kipp and make
sure he wouldn't smother anyone to death with his bear hugs. Except
part, when I need to be for 1 year in line in US embassy to just get
visa..or few month if meeting will be in Europe :D
Maybe we can get you a special pony peace envoy pass or something...

If only. Lol.

I think we need some sort of topic.
For starters: when is the next chapter planned to be released?
And for actual discussion, how about... favorite dessert? I don't know.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm

FeatherDust wrote:*Snip*
You're thinking way too small. Remember Blackjack's vision in ch.33, Black?

About Psalm, she was on top of the M.A.S. (Tenpony Tower) and it did have it's emergency shields up. The shields protected her, that's how she survived. No mystery.
ketchup504 wrote:And for actual discussion, how about... favorite dessert? I don't know.
Chocolate ice cream, as high quality as I can get.
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.

Spoiler:

Well... a while ago I Was searching for the EqD post on google, but I only used 'project horizons' in the search. I found what I was looking for but I also came across something that caught my eye. A Wikipedia page about Project Horizon. So I clicked it. I'm not entirely sure it could be considered spoilers, but I wouldn't say it's not either, especially considering a couple of hints throughout the story.
to quote the wiki page
"Project Horizon was a study to determine the feasibility of constructing a scientific / military base on the Moon."
"The lunar outpost is required to develop and protect potential United
States interests on the moon; to develop techniques in moon-based
surveillance of the earth and space, in communications relay, and in
operations on the surface of the moon; to serve as a base for
exploration of the moon, for further exploration into space and for
military operations on the moon if required; and to support scientific
investigations on the moon."

First off I would like to recall the newspapers from way way way way way way way waaaaaaaaay earlier in the story. It talked about maripony(?) being the first mare on the moon(minus luna) and how she planned for a second trip but the unexpected baby scandal thing shunned her away from it.

Secondly the fact that Goldenblood was all about helping princess Luna. With the information about the moon from 'maripony's'(?) visit, who' to say he wouldn't try and develop A castle in her very domain.

I don't know. maybe I'm jumping to conclusions based information that may not apply.
but yeah. Prepare your 'John Madden's and 'Aeiou's.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Spoiler:

Why would hitting Roam be the last resort? They already have the range to hit zebra lands. They already cast their megaspells while the missiles were flying, though who shot first is still unknown. Roam is gone, and it didn't take a dedicated Project to do it.

Whatever Horizons does, it's big and it's local. It's set to go off automatically when the program that's looking for the successor to the throne fails. So whatever it is, it will affect Equestria on a massive scale, and it will be something that must only be done by the legitimate ruler or when such a person no longer exists.

NoodleNugget wrote:
I believe Somber has stated that Horizons does have to do with space, but in what capacity we do not yet know. A simple moon castle wouldn't scare Sanguine. Perhaps it was intended to take a selection of pure ponies to the moon, to wait there while a linked system "purifies" the wasteland for their return? The original purpose would be to wipe out the zebras (with remaining ponies as unfortunate collateral damage), thus forcing a "win" condition for the surviving Equestrians...
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top