Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Rafafidi
Regolit
Paper Airplane
Jeremyrush
Valikdu
Mech
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Snipehamster
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
NoodleNugget
FeatherDust
Somber
Moodyman90
Katarn
Aonee
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
RandomBlank
RoboRed
Quotidian
Icy Shake
Rboy474
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
Orm
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Sindri
MrMagma
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Derpmind
Kippershy
Meleagridis
SilentCarto
43 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Sindri wrote:And that particular balefire explosion, IIRC, went off inside a sabotaged shield, containing the fires.
"I swept my scope to the M.o.M. building. The weakened shields had failed at the base, and the fire was pouring in. The shield acted like a chimney, drawing the flame upwards and incinerating everypony inside."

Sindri wrote:Psalm was at sniper range, and the weapons used were on the "city block" scale rather than the "region" scale...
The Manehattan bomb, singular, was not small in any way.
"The skyscrapers had fallen behind us, and the Manehattan Ruins had become a grey maze of crumbling structures and flattened buildings radiating out from the Manehattan Blast Zone. We could clearly see where the Balefire Bomb had gone off. What had once been Manehattan’s city center had been scoured to the foundations in a huge radius. The Blast Zone was almost uniformly smooth save for odd lines where underground tunnels had channeled the blast. It glistened like glass." --Fallout: Equestria, ch. 34

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty A theory

Post by FeatherDust Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm

This thread tends to be extremely tl;dr for me, so maybe this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on what Project Horizons actually is. I'll spoiler it so it won't just be out there for anyone who doesn't want to speculate. (But in that case what're you doing in this thread?!)

The nature of Project Horizons:

The question is what the OIA (perhaps Garnet in specific) was trying to accomplish. Psalm and Partypooper were clearly eliminating everyone who could've been a recipient for EC-1101. I used to think they were trying to get it into the hands of somebody who wanted it, but now I think they were (or are) trying to cause a critical failure -- that is, no valid recipients remain -- in order to trigger PH's activation. It was sealed by royal order, but an EC-1101 critical failure would be a backdoor around that.

This fits well with my theory:
Spoiler:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm

FeatherDust wrote:This thread tends to be extremely tl;dr for me, so maybe this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on what Project Horizons actually is. I'll spoiler it so it won't just be out there for anyone who doesn't want to speculate. (But in that case what're you doing in this thread?!)

The question is what the OIA (perhaps Garnet in specific) was trying to accomplish. Psalm and Partypooper were clearly eliminating everyone who could've been a recipient for EC-1101. I used to think they were trying to get it into the hands of somebody who wanted it, but now I think they were (or are) trying to cause a critical failure -- that is, no valid recipients remain -- in order to trigger PH's activation. It was sealed by royal order, but an EC-1101 critical failure would be a backdoor around that.

Spoiler:
That is a good theory Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

FeatherDust wrote:This thread tends to be extremely tl;dr for me, so maybe this has been brought up before, but I have a theory on what Project Horizons actually is. I'll spoiler it so it won't just be out there for anyone who doesn't want to speculate. (But in that case what're you doing in this thread?!)

Spoiler:
Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.

We have? I don't recall any information about the range of megaspells. The only evidence I recall was that Celestia Prime was used against some shoreline targets -- it may be that those were as far as it could reach. And anyway, CP was a secret project at the very end of the war, so it might have had longer reach than normal megaspells and PH could've been created without knowledge of it.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Kippershy wrote:>go to your house
>never leave

I'm fine with this.
Seriously, your mum is awesome and I'd love to hug her.

As for the second thing?
Oh, you did not just tell me to be safe.
Me? safe?
...There is no safe, only extremely awesome.
but thank you all the same <3
Well for now I'll give her a hug for you, heh. Also, you're still smaller than me, so it wouldn't freak me out too much, and I'd already be hugging Somber, so two ponies with one hug!
And of course I want you to be safe, if something bad happened to you I don't know what I'd do...

Katarn wrote:I, more likely, would run around after Kipp and make
sure he wouldn't smother anyone to death with his bear hugs. Except
part, when I need to be for 1 year in line in US embassy to just get
visa..or few month if meeting will be in Europe :D
Maybe we can get you a special pony peace envoy pass or something...

Aonee wrote:Thread needs more Scotch.
Scotch. Scotch. That isn't sanitary Scotch! That sparkly eyed pony thing is really cute heh.

Sindri wrote:Srsly? Why would anyone make a podcast just to say "hey, look at this cool thing I didn't bother to read!"

Are they just whoring for followers among people who look at the title and don't listen to it or something?
WavemasterRyx wrote:I would love a PH meetup... that would be so awesome... Except I don't have the money to travel... so you'd all have to come to my house
Sounds great, pm me the address and date and I'll-
, and then never leave.
hrm.
I was planning on doing... stuff later this decade. And I doubt your
house is big enough to hold all of us for more than a few hours. This
may need to be re-thought.
- As I said earlier: "Yeah... I heard from one of the people involved that the only reason
they actually did PH was to get it out of the way so they wouldn't have
to put up with people constantly asking them to do it..."
So yeah, pretty much...
- Stay Forever! No actually we do have a fairly small house... but it's still nice to dream...

MrMagma wrote:Okay. Okay. I give in. I used to be cold, heartless and
other similar descriptive terms, but one simply can't endure so much
HNNGGGG in such a short space of time. Congratulations. You just broke
me. I now feel emotions other than hatred and depression. I actually
smiled for the first time in months. I feel the need to type more
things. I don't care how creepy this may/may not seem, but I love you
all. Thanks, and good day to you all. RANT OVER.
Yay for smiling! *hugs MrMagma*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.

We have? I don't recall any information about the range of megaspells. The only evidence I recall was that Celestia Prime was used against some shoreline targets -- it may be that those were as far as it could reach. And anyway, CP was a secret project at the very end of the war, so it might have had longer reach than normal megaspells and PH could've been created without knowledge of it.
Somber wrote:Finally, we came to what looked like a large control room of some kind.  ‘Ministry of Arcane Sciences Hoofington Megaspell Facility’ was written over a large emblem of a unicorn in profile against a starry sky.  It had the same charred look as most of this place: not melted, but definitely not what I’d call intact.  A massive monitor covered one wall, the screen blackened and slightly warped but still displaying an image.  A… map.

“There!  Look.  That’s Hoofington,” Glory said as she pointed at a little mote along a river.  To the east and south were all kinds of other names, few that I recognized.  The entire map was covered in transparent blotches of different colors.  Most were green or pink.

“Who marked up the map?” I asked with a smile as my eyes looked at the names.  Canterlot.  Manehattan.  Fillydelphia.  Roam.  Slowly, my smile faded and my eyes widened as comprehension dawned.

“Megaspell targets.  Balefire strikes,” Glory breathed softly.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 pm

To person that wanted a Emote of chrysalis it is now there, ya welcome <3

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 pm

By the way, I've done some more research, and it turns out that the problem I'm having with Fo3 is quite common and apparently the fault of the game itself rather than Wine. I've yet to find a solution, though; I've tried editing FALLOUT.ini (though if anyone here has suggestions for different edits, please let me know), I'm already using d3d9.dll, and I know that my computer can actually handle it since NV runs fine (for a Bethesda game). Any advice here for fixing the "crash on new game" problem?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Katarn wrote:I, more likely, would run around after Kipp and make
sure he wouldn't smother anyone to death with his bear hugs. Except
part, when I need to be for 1 year in line in US embassy to just get
visa..or few month if meeting will be in Europe :D
Maybe we can get you a special pony peace envoy pass or something...

If only. Lol.

I think we need some sort of topic.
For starters: when is the next chapter planned to be released?
And for actual discussion, how about... favorite dessert? I don't know.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm

FeatherDust wrote:*Snip*
You're thinking way too small. Remember Blackjack's vision in ch.33, Black?

About Psalm, she was on top of the M.A.S. (Tenpony Tower) and it did have it's emergency shields up. The shields protected her, that's how she survived. No mystery.
ketchup504 wrote:And for actual discussion, how about... favorite dessert? I don't know.
Chocolate ice cream, as high quality as I can get.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Hm... I don't think that it works. Project Horizons, as far as I can tell, seems to be on a larger scale than just destroying Roam... and even if it wasn't, we've already seen that normal Equestrian megaspells have enough range to hit Roam.

Spoiler:

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Spoiler:
Why would hitting Roam be the last resort? They already have the range to hit zebra lands. They already cast their megaspells while the missiles were flying, though who shot first is still unknown. Roam is gone, and it didn't take a dedicated Project to do it.

Whatever Horizons does, it's big and it's local. It's set to go off automatically when the program that's looking for the successor to the throne fails. So whatever it is, it will affect Equestria on a massive scale, and it will be something that must only be done by the legitimate ruler or when such a person no longer exists.

NoodleNugget wrote:
I believe Somber has stated that Horizons does have to do with space, but in what capacity we do not yet know. A simple moon castle wouldn't scare Sanguine. Perhaps it was intended to take a selection of pure ponies to the moon, to wait there while a linked system "purifies" the wasteland for their return? The original purpose would be to wipe out the zebras (with remaining ponies as unfortunate collateral damage), thus forcing a "win" condition for the surviving Equestrians...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Derpmind wrote:You're thinking way too small. Remember Blackjack's vision in ch.33, Black?
I remember is well; what part are you trying to get at?

My takeaway from that vision was, first, information about the Souleater, and second the implication that the ultimate goal here is to destroy it or remove it from the planet.

If Horizons is a heavy-lift rocket intended to move large amounts of material to the moon, it could be used to throw the Eater (which is presumably under the Hoof) off the planet and make it continue its trip to the void, but I find that unlikely because I seem to recall that the Eater is very large, like a mountain or something.

In any case, it seems odd to introduce Moonstone (actual moon material, or the body of the second star?), the one thing that can destroy soulmetal, if it's not going to be used at the climax of the story. And moreover, it seems moonstone can destroy much more than its weight in soulmetal, so a moonstone warhead would theoretically be capable of thrusting a knife into the heart of the Eater and blow it into dust. (Which is, recall, the normal end to the life of a star, and the dust engenders new life.)
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm

How are ya'll liking the forum? Be honest give us suggsestions

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 pm

well, the rule 34 page limit is kind of funny, but it's alright,
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 pm

I see what you did there Admiral...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:02 pm

@Kipper:
Spoiler:

@Icy: (Sniper) From what I recall, she was just up on the roof on the building next to it, again could be totally off. But she recently sabotaged the shield of the building, from what I remember, so it'd indicate she got down from a roof x meters high, ran out of a panicked town that within an hour (max 5-10 min imo), got hit by balefire strong enough to mostly level the city and at least a kilometre around it. If I recall how the town looked like. Basically in FoE, Pinkie's body, or corpse, depending how she decided to spend her final time, knew she couldn't get away from the blast as the bombs fell, knew she couldn't escape in any way, so she huddled up in the corner and did whatever she now did with the Twilight statuette. Point is, Psalm now supposedly popped in to interject with Pinkie's last time, suicide or whatever she now did (still found it odd that she stayed in her office and died. (likely cried as well) Going with the large window in it. But ah well.) and is supposedly somehow escaped from the scene without getting hit by the shockwave, heatwave or anything. As said, she could have been like 2-5 km from the place, in which she'd have about enough time to make it possibly. If I recall a regular "small" nuke, it has a wave for it was either 1 km, or 10 km, something like that. I'm no expert.

@Silent: Ooh, she was in Tenpony, that explains it a bit... or wait, where was the place Pinkie was in again? I know it has to be "conveniently placed in just such a location" so it'd be angled right, and I guess it can do that. But still, it means she went there, turned off the sheilds, ran all the way to tenpony, without anyone noticing, then again, doubt they check that often, but then again, it was the MoM building... ah, whatever.

@Kipper: (Drugs) Not sure what to say about that as I got no knowledge on them.

(PH meet up) I'd personally stay well away from Somber, just in case I'd get the urge to pull a Glory (or something worse) on her. (doubt I would, but I don't trust myself)
I'd personally not meet anyone new for most reasons for at least ~2 years sadly.

@Sindri: (and Derp partially, at the end) Still, I say that's quite some bitchfist sniper scope, and bullet to pass through 2 shields and reinforced glass at that range.
And again, canon reminder is useful :P (although, with what Silent said, I'm a bit surprised Psalm made it off scot free from the blast, seeing how it messed up the tower a bit, despite the shields.)

As for BM, what I recalled it being described in PH, he kinda just stood around, argued some with the others, then fell down. Again, I could likely be wrong or mix him with someone else, but that's how I recalled that flashback being described. And he was supposed to be in his power armour if I recall right. Going with how "it was our own bullet tha' killed mah brother" AJ mentioned. Again, I have worthless memory xD

@Night: I think it's rather good. Kinda lacks "simpler" emoticons, but that's cakes, it has quiet a few neat ones.
The PM system is good, but I dislike the "post count" as said, going with how it goes "earth pony>pegasus>unicorn", I just dislike when earth ponies are "looked down" upon :P

And again, why is DDO so fun? BAXESTAB! (although ran into a fucking annoying dungeon, around 15 enemies in a fortified town, and as soon as you kill the first, a timer ticks down, and as soon as the last one falls, they start to respawn, making it neigh impossible to get a break in that town.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Derpmind wrote:You're thinking way too small. Remember Blackjack's vision in ch.33, Black?
I've considered before that Horizons is supposed to allow the Eater to rise, but there's really been no evidence that anyone is working for the EoS even this far in. I'm sure that sort of thing is going to factor in, somehow, but I don't know how or who.

I suppose you could accomplish it by running all of Hoofington's power through a giant Enervation ring, or something...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:I see what you did there Admiral...

OhRLY?

well anywho, I've only one problem with 34 page limit, too small a 200 page limit would be better, but I am really just reaching...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Nightfire wrote:How are ya'll liking the forum? Be honest give us suggsestions
Much better than our last venue. Or the one before that. I like it a lot.

I am using stylebot to shift the usernames and pictures to the left, shrink the profile pics, and reduce the font size of the bolded title at the top of every post...

Also I've noticed that sometimes it removed a line break between the reply box and the actual post. Like, if you hit enter once it ends up on the same line, or if you put a one line gap between paragraphs it appears adjacent. Seems to happen about once after every quote box? Haven't nailed it down exactly yet, and it's such a minor quirk compared to what we've dealt with in the past that it might not be worth trying to fix. Or it might just be me. The thread reset every 30-something pages is also strange, but not really a problem.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 pm

oh and the default font color of grey on grey is hard to read from my couch on my television...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Sindri wrote:
Much better than our last venue. Or the one before that. I like it a lot.

I am using stylebot to shift the usernames and pictures to the left, shrink the profile pics, and reduce the font size of the bolded title at the top of every post...

Also I've noticed that sometimes it removed a line break between the reply box and the actual post. Like, if you hit enter once it ends up on the same line, or if you put a one line gap between paragraphs it appears adjacent. Seems to happen about once after every quote box? Haven't nailed it down exactly yet, and it's such a minor quirk compared to what we've dealt with in the past that it might not be worth trying to fix. Or it might just be me. The thread reset every 30-something pages is also strange, but not really a problem.
Ok i will talk to the other admins about shrinking profile pics, and reducing the font size of the bolded title at the top of every post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

FeatherDust wrote:My takeaway from that vision was, first, information about the Souleater, and second the implication that the ultimate goal here is to destroy it or remove it from the planet.
Why do you think whatever Project Horizons is is a good thing? Remember, the vision is what would have happened if Sanguine had been given EC-1101, and he gave it to whoever was talking to him through the terminal seen in Deus's memory orb. If anything, Project Horizons probably uses and empowers the Souleater to some end.

Gargh, Blackjack had one of those super-memories of the assassin before she got cyberized, right? I can't remember or find where it was, and I know that it's not Silver Stripe's memories coming in through the cyber implants (stupid crazy overactive brain) but I can't conclusively strike that crazy theory out without that piece of proof. Which I can't find.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 1751538862
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 pm

It's been working quite well for me, I think; thank you for asking.

Kattlarv wrote:And again, canon reminder is useful :P (although, with what Silent said, I'm a bit surprised Psalm made it off scot free from the blast, seeing how it messed up the tower a bit, despite the shields.)

Oops.
Right, writing Somber...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 pm

I concur with the admiral, I dislike the grey lettering, it strains my eyes, even up close.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I concur with the admiral, I dislike the grey lettering, it strains my eyes, even up close.

hmm this i will change to black <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Ok, wow, black looks WAY better. It would be great if you could change the default to this color, thank you.

Last edited by Derpmind on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Nightfire wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:I concur with the admiral, I dislike the grey lettering, it strains my eyes, even up close.

hmm this i will change to black <3
As a general rule, it's easiest on the eyes to read light text on a dark background if it's a glowing screen or light projector (dark text on a light background is better on physical paper or a screen that doesn't glow). But that wouldn't work with the whole "cloud" theme here. Likewise, you should inquire with the other parts of the forum before looking at any of these things seriously; if it's just us then you shouldn't change the whole site to our preferences.

Last edited by Sindri on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Derpmind wrote:Ok, wow, black looks WAY better. It would be great if you could change the default to this color, thank you.
Ooh, yes it does.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next