Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by NoodleNugget on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Sindri wrote:

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I don't see anything referring to a headshot or a chest shot for Pinkie's death.
There definitely wasn't a headshot. As for chest, there are a lot of parts of the torso that you can put a bullet through without marking the bones (at least not in a way that wouldn't take a serious forensic team to spot). And given that the statuette was "amongst" the ribcage, it wasn't a pretty little cage anymore; it was scattered or at least spread enough for a figurine to work its way inside. Littlepip doesn't have a great deal of medical skill, so a two century old deformed skeleton doesn't tell her anything.

Expect that she clearly didn't burn, because they would be visible on all the bones. I'd assumed it was a slow death by radiation at first, but really anything that only affected soft tissue or was highly localized would work.

Why is it that everybody's first impulse is to assume that the writer made a mistake, rather than thinking for a moment?

I was actually in a little mini debate on fimchan about this. I asked for exact quotes that showed her death was from the blast. "As far as I know as soon as pinkie finished her memory orb to littlepip
she apparently wandered off to the wall holding her twilight statuette. I
dont think there was a detailed form of the remains which does give
room for somber's fit in."

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 pm

swicked wrote:@SilentCarto & Kipper
Man... you know, it's hard enough for me to post parody knowing I'm screwing up the characters, possibly annoying Somber and others in the process. Now I have to do the same thing for real people? Please don't get mad at me for this -_-

Also: couldn't find relevant quotes to replace my meh, so I didn't.
Hehehe, I've always thought of myself as a blue card. Twilight Sparkle And best known for my theorizing, I guess.

SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Yeah, by FOE canon, Pinkie was killed by the balefire burst, not a bullet at all. No headshot has ever been mentioned.
I believe the old saying goes "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Er...? Katt made a comment that Psalm's heart shot on Pinkie partially broke canon because she had previously been stated to have been shot in the head. I was saying that no headshot was ever mentioned, and the only previous explanation of her death was balefire.

Somber wrote:I just hated the idea of Pinkie Pie burning to death. I really... really... hated it. When I read ch 15 (?) I was in tears and actually said 'oh my god, pinkie burned!'

So yeah, this is my attempt to change that, if only for me.
Well, it still would have been instantaneous either way... for me, it was the unreceived message that broke me up. The idea that Pinkie had finally made the right choice, she wanted to reconcile, but it was too late... and that Twilight never got her message, even so... ;_;
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:01 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Er...? Katt made a comment that Psalm's heart shot on Pinkie partially broke canon because she had previously been stated to have been shot in the head. I was saying that no headshot was ever mentioned, and the only previous explanation of her death was balefire.

Stop. Back up a second. I wasn't even aware that Kkat read Project Horizons, where did she say this? If you've been debating this stuff out of context then you've been a naughty pony.
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Derpmind wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Er...? Katt made a comment that Psalm's heart shot on Pinkie partially broke canon because she had previously been stated to have been shot in the head. I was saying that no headshot was ever mentioned, and the only previous explanation of her death was balefire.

Stop. Back up a second. I wasn't even aware that Kkat read Project Horizons, where did she say this? If you've been debating this stuff out of context then you've been a naughty pony.

If there was a chatlog please tell me there's a saved copy. Proof plz.

Also, random question: Out of everyone we know in Unity so far, who has it the worst?
If it's Psalm, I'm imagining that one time when Lacunae and Blackjack touched horns, and Trixie's like "Quick! Shove as much angst out into Blackjack as possible", and she only got enough time to push Psalm out.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Derpmind wrote:Stop. Back up a second. I wasn't even aware that Kkat read Project Horizons, where did she say this? If you've been debating this stuff out of context then you've been a naughty pony.
OneMoreDaySK wrote: If there was a chatlog please tell me there's a saved copy. Proof plz.
Not Kkat, Kattlarv, aka Kim. It was in her post on page 29, the one that says, "Anyhow, review time:".
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Hehehe, I've always thought of myself as a blue card. Twilight Sparkle And best known for my theorizing, I guess.
Well... I guess kinda. Again, taking individual aspects of a person and translating them into cards. Not a perfect process.

Edited Kippershy, Kippershy Posts and Kim Posts so they actually use Kippershy's username (was previously Kipper).
Changed the flavor text on Kippershy's card to be something he actually said instead of the meh I put.

Not going to make a habit of editing these, but that was a stupid mistake on my part.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt gave me his blessing to post his.
Spoiler:

Edit: If anyone doesn't use dropbox... use it. It is so crazy convenient o_o

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 am

swicked wrote:Well... I guess kinda. Again, taking individual aspects of a person and translating them into cards. Not a perfect process.
I did say I was okay with it. ^_^

Both of these made me laugh out loud. XD
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:40 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Hehehe, I've always thought of myself as a blue card. Twilight Sparkle And best known for my theorizing, I guess.
Well... I guess kinda. Again, taking individual aspects of a person and translating them into cards. Not a perfect process.

Edited Kippershy, Kippershy Posts and Kim Posts so they actually use Kippershy's username (was previously Kipper).
Changed the flavor text on Kippershy's card to be something he actually said instead of the meh I put.

Not going to make a habit of editing these, but that was a stupid mistake on my part.

Spoiler:

Edit: If anyone doesn't use dropbox... use it. It is so crazy convenient o_o
Do you have any of me? It's alright if you don't, but I want to see them if you have any.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 am

@ketchup504
*blink blink*
Well, no, I don't have yours yet.
Some people are easier to form a caricature of than others.
I can try and make one for you, though, I guess. I'll just have to root around in the stuff you've said for a bit.
Or, as an alternative, wait for inspiration to strike organically, since that's more likely to be funny. *shrug*

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 am

you wouldn't happen to have one of me would you? And again, it's not because I am self conscious or anything... I just find other people's opinions about me really important.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 am

NoodleNugget wrote:you wouldn't happen to have one of me would you? And again, it's not because I am self conscious or anything... I just find other people's opinions about me really important.
It's not really an opinion. It's a... sigh. Nevermind. Don't hate me. -_-
Spoiler:

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 am

Yeah... I was agreeing with you... I thought...

Somber wrote:I just hated the idea of Pinkie Pie burning to death. I really... really... hated it. When I read ch 15 (?) I was in tears and actually said 'oh my god, pinkie burned!'

So yeah, this is my attempt to change that, if only for me.
*hugs Somber again*
I remember it being a really painful scene, but I don't remember my exact reaction, since it was so long ago... But I definitely don't blame you at all for wanting to at least try to give Pinkie some mercy, after everything she went though.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 am

swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:you wouldn't happen to have one of me would you? And again, it's not because I am self conscious or anything... I just find other people's opinions about me really important.
It's not really an opinion. It's a... sigh. Nevermind. Don't hate me. -_-
Spoiler:
everything went better than expected! :D it's actually a really nice card.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:46 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
*hugs Somber again*
I remember it being a really painful scene, but I don't remember my exact reaction, since it was so long ago... But I definitely don't blame you at all for wanting to at least try to give Pinkie some mercy, after everything she went though.
For me the only thing that trumped it was Rarity's death, since those are my two favorite characters, Rarity being number 1. She sacrificed so much, no matter what she had done.

I wish Somber could do the same for her. Slowly poisoned, it radiating out from her hoof as she merged with the magical glass...
My spouse ordered me a Rarity keychain and it just arrived today. I'm feeling kinda mixed up right now x_X

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 am

Somber wrote:Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.
...Hadn't heard that yet. Not really sure what to say. I still fail to understand how spending money gets votes anyway...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 am

Please don't, Somber. Please. *hugs*
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:09 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Somber wrote:Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.
...Hadn't heard that yet. Not really sure what to say. I still fail to understand how spending money gets votes anyway...

I don't think anyone's necessarily choosing based on which side gives them more. The side that spends the most on rallies, messages and transportation to the polls just manages to convince more of the people are long-time supporters of their party to make the effort to show up to vote. They're creating a sense of urgency and acting like extremely expensive cheerleaders. It's basically a battle against laziness.

And yeah, Somber, please don't do that :(

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 am

Politics can be incredibly frustrating but be patient. I doubt this is the end of things.
And please don't do that Somber.
please don't or... or I'll just have to announce your name at the beginning of my upkeep and take the bullet instead.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 am

This thread needs more physcoshy.:
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 am

Aonee wrote:
That...is SO badass... Sweetie Belle
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:41 am

Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 am

RoboRed wrote:
Aonee wrote:
That...is SO badass...

Suhweet! That needs to be submitted to the drawfriends!!!
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:06 am

I have raged in the IRC, and the Kkat came and made it all better. Sorry for scaring everypony.
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 am

Somber wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:That storyline reminds me a little of Fable 3's and something else I can't identify, which is bugging the crap out of me. It looks solid, though Fantasy isn't really my thing. Which era of technological development would it be set in?

The technology is early Renaissance / roman. Steam is starting to make itself known. Chemistry exists as 'alchemy' and gunpowder and cannons are becoming increasingly common. Magic does exist though. Low magic is one step above David Copperfield, and comprises tricks, illusions, and simple transformations. High Magic, however, is the equivalent of fantasy WMD, tapping into potent powers of the universe. The Immaculate Order controls one form of the WMD and enjoys a disproportionate amount of political clout because of it. They've only used it twice to smite a country and even two hundred years later no one wants to be the third. Seriously. Tirel is still on fire. The only other group are the Wyches, female spellcasters of the far north. Needless to say, the two groups loathe each other with a passion and the immaculate order does all it can to keep a Wych off the throne. Last thing they want is any crown that can slip out from under their thumb. The order and Wyches have a MAD pact going, but they're both determined to destroy each other. They once co-ruled the world before one side betrayed the other.

There are other races, but humanity is by far the most predominate. Elves are nearly extinct as they are too spread out and immortal to bother reproducing. They believe themselves the peak of civilization, and use all that time to get drunk, laid, and sit on their asses. Dwarves are insular, but every community worth its salt has a Dwarven enclave. They're excellent at getting and loaning money, but every now and then humans will cry 'Dwarven Conspiracy' and turn on them. Dwarves just run for their lives, wait a human generation, get invited back, sweep out the ashes, and raise interest rates. And the cycle continues. Faekind are everything from Goblins to Ogres to nymphs and generally are persecuted and marginalized. Some are borderline enslaved. None have a country of their own as the faerie are beyond this world and regard it as something like a TV show. We're not 'real' to them. So they love our stories and drama but lack any real appreciation or care for it.

Yeah, been thinking about it a long time. But I won't put words down till Horizons is finished. I also have a sci-fi fic in mind too... that one might be shorter.
-
I was going to scream at you, DON'T YOU DARE START WRITING THAT BEFORE HORIZONS IS FINISHED, and then I saw.

Somber wrote:Yeah,
been thinking about it a long time. But I won't put words down till
Horizons is finished.

I love you <3

Anyway, back to seriousness;
sounds fucking awesome - normally I'm not into fantasy BUUUUUUT the way you put it makes me want it.
So yes, when you do start it, let me know, okay? :)
I also have a friend who would more then likely be interested to read, as he's a writer himself.
(though he has nothing on myself, let alone you. his use of language is good but his characters... they lack spirit, they're too cold and his writing is too cold. doesn't invite the readers in for a good time).
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 am

Allow me to contribute to bringing some cheer back to the thread:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/24528224962

Somber wrote:I have raged in the IRC, and the Kkat came and made it all better. Sorry for scaring everypony.
I'm glad you're feeling better sir. *hugs again*
I'll sleep better now.

Aonee wrote:[This thread needs more physcoshy.]
Fore-Trekker's art is amazing, but that Psychoshy especially so.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:37 am

I can say this chapter had one the best examples of literature I have ever had the privilege to read. Thank you to Hinds, Bronode, Snipehamster and Somber for sharing it with me.

Psalms section of the chapter had the most diverse, touching and personal gamut of emotions I've seen put to words. In a short period of time we see hope, ferocity, violence, confidence, understanding, compassion, empathy and complete helplessness. There is a very personal connection Psalm has with the people she meets. The way she wishes the best for them and wants nothing more than to continue living their lives. With each encounter she plays russian roullette with her mission to spare who ever she can. The conflict is real because pain is played so closely to the consequence of each action. As a human being, I'm wired to feel empowered through action and violence, but Plasms actions have a poignant and unmistakable regret. Because the adrenaline thrill isn't there, her regret is at center stage with no distractions. It hurts. As a human being, I can't ignore other people's pain in the best of times. I don't stand much of a chance when it's this personal.

The emotions of each moment carry into each other with the mastery Somber has earned over 45 chapters of dedication and practice. This is best exemplified from from Pinkie's helpless "I don't want to burn" to the second sun over Manehatten. The helplessness of the situation would demand that she escape in some small way. Psalm chooses to see the people around her and take it in nstead of ignoring one iota. To hurt is to be human. Here I can't place the barriers of "I'm just the audience" because Psalm does not escape behind "I'm just a sniper." Because she chooses to accept the moment in all of its pain, so must I. That honesty makes it for one of the most harrowing, and most human moments in literature. Thank you.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:37 am

Somber wrote:I have raged in the IRC, and the Kkat came and made it all better. Sorry for scaring everypony.
I'm glad that you're okay.

Still upset about the politics, but... well, American politics is usually to me either "I guess that'll do" or "URRRGH, WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID?!"
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:39 am

swicked wrote:@SilentCarto & Kipper
Man... you know, it's hard enough for me to post parody knowing I'm screwing up the characters, possibly annoying Somber and others in the process. Now I have to do the same thing for real people? Please don't get mad at me for this -_-

Also: couldn't find relevant quotes to replace my meh, so I didn't.

Spoiler:

Short forward to my silliness here, as it is now relevant:creatures represent users, enchantments represent topics/events and instants/sorceries are posts (the determination between the two being based entirely on what they do).
Here are some examples of enchantments:

That done, here are the cards based on you two:

And, just so you know what its companion looks like:

OHGOD I LOVE YOU

HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OHGOD, YES. XD THAT IS AMAZING.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female