Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scyto Harmony on Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat May 26, 2012 9:00 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
Ah... Sorry, but this is kind of my job: that ought to be "your", not "you're".
The GIF itself looks good, though (though perhaps it might be good to slide the text a smidgen to the right; it appears to not be quite centered)!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony on Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm

O. Hinds wrote: Ah... Sorry, but this is kind of my job: that ought to be "your", not "you're".
The GIF itself looks good, though (though perhaps it might be good to slide the text a smidgen to the right; it appears to not be quite centered)!

Yeah, I noticed that. bit of a grammar Nazi myself...

These aren't my gifs, actually. I just have a very large collection of them. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by ScytoHarmony on Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius on Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Eh.
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@swicked
Yay, you're posting poetry again! I like this one. :)

I'd post more, but I honestly don't write all that often about ponies, making this less than an appropriate forum to do so on :P

And I LOVE physics! Binding energies and etc., though, seem more like chemistry to me, which I really wasn't good at at all.
Math, though... Spike

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget on Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 pm

anyone know what Blackjack and co's house is called? I could swear it was given a specific name and I want to say it was called Breezehome, but then I go "derp that's what the skyrim house is called".

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 pm

The "Star House" or something like that.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget on Sat May 26, 2012 10:23 pm

thank you! :)

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm

swicked wrote:And I LOVE physics! Binding energies and etc., though, seem more like chemistry to me, which I really wasn't good at at all.
Math, though... Spike
Nuclear binding energy, not chemical, hence the "per nucleon".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_binding_energy

NoodleNugget wrote:anyone know what Blackjack and co's house is called? I could swear it was given a specific name and I want to say it was called Breezehome, but then I go "derp that's what the skyrim house is called".
Star House, yes.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
swicked wrote:And I LOVE physics! Binding energies and etc., though, seem more like chemistry to me, which I really wasn't good at at all.
Math, though... Spike
Nuclear binding energy, not chemical, hence the "per nucleon".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_binding_energy

Nah, yeah, I wasn't being very specific.
I like physics on more of a macro level as part of engineering. Electrical stuff, mechanical stuff, etc. Nothing so small as to be messing with individual elements or atoms. If you have reason to be using the periodic table I'm calling it chemistry.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Sat May 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Mobius04 wrote:Then we will put it back. I plan on being alive for the next 50 years or so. We'll see who is the last one standing.
First off, the Wiki crew will win because they have the banhammer. Second, I'd like to request that you not represent Bronydom in that light in the first place.
Wikipedia has a method for having these discussions -- the Talk page. Debate it on there; point out any other fanfics that appear; try to convince, don't just barge in and be a dick. That's not how we operate. You'll convince no one, and you'll make us all look like assholes in the process.
And if the answer is ultimately 'no', then accept it. If they want to keep the list limited to professionally published works, that's quite understandable.

Somber wrote:Thanks folks. Unfortunately a really bad tooth has prompted me to take more temp work, so by the time I get home I'm just creatively meh.

Necr0maNceR wrote:Preview panel of something I'm working on. Details (like the rebar and cracks) may be subject to change.
I hate to be Comic Book Guy here, but if P-21 fired Persuasion 'zebra style', BJ would have noted it. He definitely fires it from the mouth...

O. Hinds wrote:And we have another spontaneous thread fission!
At least it's all automatic and stuff, so we don't have to worry about subscribing to the new thread...

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sat May 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry Hinds, but I don't see the relevance of a nuclear analogue, the only common element would be that both fission at a certain point.
I probably said that wrong.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sun May 27, 2012 12:09 am

So the thread split again I see... Not much to say on physics, having avoided that subject after being subjected to a glimpse of the upper level stuff.

Anyways I just finished rereading the main FO:E, PH, Pink Eyes, Tales of a Courier Reloaded, Heroes, and just now Murky Number Seven. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I'm planning on reading Anywhere But Here. Of them, exempting the main and PH. I found Pink eyes hilarious, and Murky the best in characterization. How 'bout y'all?
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 am

FoE: Operation Flankorage is pretty good. NoOne recommended it somewhere.
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am

O. Hinds wrote:And we have another spontaneous thread fission!
I go away for a few hours and you guys break the thread. Again. At least this one is headed by the cutest art I've seen this month...

swicked wrote:I'd post more, but I honestly don't write all that often about ponies, making this less than an appropriate forum to do so on :P
C'mon, when have we worried about what's appropriate?
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 on Sun May 27, 2012 12:26 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Mobius04 wrote:Then we will put it back. I plan on being alive for the next 50 years or so. We'll see who is the last one standing.
First off, the Wiki crew will win because they have the banhammer. Second, I'd like to request that you not represent Bronydom in that light in the first place.
Wikipedia has a method for having these discussions -- the Talk page. Debate it on there; point out any other fanfics that appear; try to convince, don't just barge in and be a dick. That's not how we operate, thank you very much. You'll convince no one, and you'll make us all look like assholes in the process.
And if the answer is ultimately 'no', then accept it. If they want to keep the list limited to professionally published works, that's quite understandable.
You would be right on all counts. The wiki crew were unkind to a subject matter that I care about and my knee jerk response was to hit them. That would have been unproductive at best and at worst would have cemented animosity with the wiki crew. You did the right thing by calling my out.
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 am

Valikdu wrote:Ugh...
And I managed to write exactly 0.5 scene before collapsing. Nice.

Valikdu wrote:Ugh...
And I managed to write
That's better. When you are taken, the least you could do for yourself is count the achievements. My apologies if you are being sincere, I'ma getting heavy sarcastic vibes from the comment.

ScytoHarmony wrote:These aren't my gifs, actually. I just have a very large collection of them. Sorry for the confusion.
Don't suppose you have one of changelings repeatedly bashing the Canterlot shield?

swicked wrote:I'd post more, but I honestly don't write all that often about ponies, making this less than an appropriate forum to do so on :P
Do you have an appropriate outlet to post them on?
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 am

Oh, this place finally split? The RP has split three times already and we're about to make it to a fourth. Golden rule I've noticed is that as soon as a thread reaches 34 pages, count on it being split soon.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sun May 27, 2012 12:35 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Oh, this place finally split? The RP has split three times already and we're about to make it to a fourth. Golden rule I've noticed is that as soon as a thread reaches 34 pages, count on it being split soon.
We split it before, actually.
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Sun May 27, 2012 12:39 am

I'm well aware haha. I meant to put an 'again?" in my last post. Sometimes I feel bad seeing how most of the PH people, myself included, have taken over just about all the Top Poster List. And it's mostly been either here or in the RP. We should probably spread out more.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 am

Just finished up to current chapter of Anywhere But Here. Friggin hilarious in that Team Rocket sort of style. How they're going to take down the cast remains to be seen.

Guess I'll try my hand at operation flankorage then.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Sun May 27, 2012 1:00 am

Can anyone think of something to do for Somber's birthday? Collaboratively?
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Sun May 27, 2012 1:34 am

Meleagridis wrote:Can anyone think of something to do for Somber's birthday? Collaboratively?
Money's not personal or collaborative, but it is definitely useful... alongside that, there was talk of writing up some short fiction for it, which could be nice... um, maybe a short story/vignette, poem, song, artwork, or other media piece and a message to Somber, or just the message, too. Or if it's too personal to share publicly, maybe the message can go separately to Somber in an e-mail.

Any of that strike folks' fancy? Other ideas floating around?
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun May 27, 2012 1:37 am

Meleagridis wrote:
Do you have an appropriate outlet to post them on?
If it's short and good enough I've once or twice put one on my facebook since I don't know anyone in real life that likes poetry.
If they pander to a fandom, I show it to fans of that group. I've done that with ponies, Scott Pilgrim and some other stuff.
The remainder just goes straight into my archive.

And I've tried poetry forums before. No one critiques, or is allowed to critique, anyone else on those. They didn't help me improve at all and I have a pet peeve against echo chambers.
So... I only actually post stuff when I think there's a decent chance someone will like it, and this is a pony forum, so... yeah.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun May 27, 2012 1:53 am

well folks I just spent my late afternoon to midnight at comicpalooza... met Rachel Luttrel and Christopher Judge... found out George Takei actually looks the way he does on television, he is also very short...

I then caughtmyself doing a baggage dump on Luttrel and cutmyself off and apologized... any way, I had the privelege of meeting the woman who is the inspiration for the Character "Rose of Sharon Cassidy" in New Vegas.... shes a charming lady.

Also I have a concern for bronies on the East coast, apparently the idea of bronies on the east coast are dildo fucking men and something to do w ith horses... and it concerns me that this is the thought of bronies on the east coast...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Sun May 27, 2012 2:25 am

That's news to me Admiral, being an east coast brony myself. If I had to guess one guy who fits that description who had the loosest ties to being a brony got arrested and the news media and moral guardians ran with that little connection for the whole lot of us.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Sun May 27, 2012 2:28 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:well folks I just spent my late afternoon to midnight at comicpalooza... met Rachel Luttrel and Christopher Judge... found out George Takei actually looks the way he does on television, he is also very short...

I then caughtmyself doing a baggage dump on Luttrel and cutmyself off and apologized... any way, I had the privelege of meeting the woman who is the inspiration for the Character "Rose of Sharon Cassidy" in New Vegas.... shes a charming lady.

Also I have a concern for bronies on the East coast, apparently the idea of bronies on the east coast are dildo fucking men and something to do w ith horses... and it concerns me that this is the thought of bronies on the east coast...

If you're talking about the Northeast, then I blame the rampant, thoughtless cynicism that's pretty pervasive in these parts. If you're talking about any other part of the east coast, I can't theorize why that might be. For the record, I don't fuck dildos or have anything to do with horses - the former because it's not my inclination, and the latter because I don't trust 'em. =P

Applebloom Horses. They bite.

Off-topic: I like spiders. Jumping spiders are adorable. But giant spiders can just die. I don't know why creepy-crawlies keep colonizing my window, but I'm running out of random chemicals to spray them with.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun May 27, 2012 2:31 am

Moodyman90 wrote:That's news to me Admiral, being an east coast brony myself. If I had to guess one guy who fits that description who had the loosest ties to being a brony got arrested and the news media and moral guardians ran with that little connection for the whole lot of us.

I think you have that going for it... also cynicism.

Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Sun May 27, 2012 2:32 am

But.. they're just trying to keep the flies and other bugs away. I'm pretty much cool with spiders unless I suddenly find one on me. If I spot it before hand I'm good.
Once walked out of a shower to find a spider hanging at eye level. I went "Dang it Fred, you scared me." and it slid down it's web a ways. I waited for it to climb all the way back up before getting out of the shower as to not disturb it.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sun May 27, 2012 2:36 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
I went to a gaming convention in California with a pony shirt on and got brohoofs from seven people. And they were selling "my little Cthulhu: friendship is madness" shirts.

Fluttershy
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top