Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

The War for Mirrodin (a MTG storyline)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The War for Mirrodin (a MTG storyline)

Post by Permafrost on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Ok,so,I am just gonna post this for 2 reasons...1) to get people interested in the storylines of Magic the Gathering (MTG),the card game I play, and 2) because I find this war to be interesting.This will be part 1,and will post Part 2 later.There are some things you need to know first...

Mirrodin:the plane this war takes place...planes are basically planets.Mirrodin is a special plane,with it being made of metal,and most its denizens having metal in them or on their skin.It also has 5 suns,one for each mana color.

Karn:The creator of Mirrodin.He is a golem powered by a powerstone that had phyrexian oil in it.In the beginning his whereabouts are unknown.

Mirrans:the denizens of Mirrodin.These creatures range from elves and goblins to machines and humans.The good guys that want to protect thier home.

Phyrexians:Ghastly,evil beasts and machines.They were destroyed long ago and were thought to be wiped out,but they have made a comeback on Mirrodin,where they flourish in this land of metal, with the oil being able to easily corrupt all.They worship the Preators and the Father of Machines.

Phyrexian oil:Corrupts and twists bodies to turn them into phyrexians.Easily corrupts metal.

Venser,Elspeth,and Koth:3 beings who are here to stop Phyrexia.Elspeth's home was destroyed by Phyrexians,having her seek revenge.

Well,that I think is all...so lets begin...

Mirrodin...once a peaceful place.Some of the workers and hunters have came back speaking of monster beyond thier dreams.The Mirrans just originally ignored them...but that changed when those things attacked.They attacked from the forests and the swamps.The Mirrans fought back,and they survived...for now.The machines started turning on the mirrans,attacking them.They were some were leaking this...oil.Strange beings came,asking where the "phyrexians" are.The Mirrans said where,and the 3 left. The Mirrans were confident that these creatures were gone,that they needn't worry about it.They were wrong.Soon these abominations came in greater numbers and started coming from the Quicksilver Sea.The mirrans found out someone who previously helped them,Geth,is working with those monsters.The Mirrans quickly realized it was time to put aside their petty differences and stand up against this threat...but is it too late?Will the Mirrans endure or will the Phyrexians make all one?

Ok,I can't tell it very well,but I will post some vids in next post so you get a better feel.
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: The War for Mirrodin (a MTG storyline)

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:13 am

I've always liked the Phyrexians. They're a great villain, and they really are quite creepy looking...

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:00 pm

The war has begun...which side are you on?

The Mirrans have realized they have to work together to save Mirrodin...but is it too late?They have started seeing their friends and family in the ranks of the enemy,the oil seeping through them.The Mirrans have a valuable ally though,Melira.Melira was born without the metal that the rest of the Mirrans have,so she can't be corrupted like the others,and she has learned how to fix those in the phyrexian army,by removing the oil from them.

The Phyrexians aren't weak either.They have expanded into all 5 colors,coming from everywhere.They have corrupted Glissa,who saved Mirrodin in the past,but now wishes to corrupt it.We have also learned of where Karn is,he is in the core of the phyrexia stronghold,being influenced by the 5 preators,all wishing for him to become the Father of Machines,but all 5 want New Phyrexia to be something different.

Vorinclex:wants the order of nature to take over,strong live,weak die.

Urabrask:Lives in the furnaces and wishes to bring them to the surface.He wants total and utter chaos.

Elesh Norn:the youngest Preator.She wants to make Phyrexia a religion,all will bow to thier god,the father of machines.

Jin-Gitaxias:he believes experimentation is the only way to prosper.He wants Mirrodin to become his new lab.

Sheoldred:the typical dictator,wants only enslavement and to overtake the Father of Machines in the end.
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Will the Mirrans endure and make Mirrodin Pure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnxugIyI1dc

Or will the Phyrexians win,fully corrupting Mirrodin and turning it into New Phyrexia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ixdHQj3O4

Which side are you on?
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Ah, and we reach the reign of the Preators.

Gotta say, I'm on the Mirran side at this point (mostly because the Preators are psychopathic and WAY too dedicated to their own goals, which can only lead to an eventual civil war between them).

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  

Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.

~Miguel
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Well...should probably post how the war ends right?

Mirrodin is now New Phyrexia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdDXMG9jvwg

The Phyrexians may have won,but not all is lost.The surviving Mirrans have taken refuge in the Furnace,where Urabrask has control.When the red phyrexians asked Urabrask what to do about the Mirrans,his decree stunned them."Let them be."Karn has also been released and wants to stop the Phyrexians,but needs help of powerful beings from other planes. And the Preators are now building thier own armies,willing to wage war on the other factions if needed.And where is the Mirari?It was once one of the most powerful weapons,and was Memnarch at one point.It was last with Glissa,but she didn't seem to have it...can it be found by the Mirrans? Will New Phyrexia take over the multiverse,or will it fight itself to death? Only time will tell.
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top