Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A review...sort of...

3 posters

Go down

A review...sort of... Empty A review...sort of...

Post by Permafrost Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Ok,so,as some of you may or may not know,I have been trying to get people to join the herd.I finally after several months got a friend to watch it.He watched it at his house over Winter Break and I told him to write a review...he watched Hearth's Warming Eve,just so you know...Anyways,I am posting it because...well...can I even count this as a review?Well...let me let you to decide...

MLP Review

I like to start off my reviews (usually) with something positive.So here it goes:it made me laugh. Exactly once.I understand how some people like it,but it just isn't for me. Also,just to let you know when you put pressure on people and try and make them watch the show,it just pisses them off and gives them a negative outlook from the beginning. Maybe I would've liked it more. First off,its wierd that most are girls.Secondly,trying to get a 15-year-old boy to watch a show based off of little girl toys is wrong. The only part I liked was a cliche anyway.The only thing Pinkie did to lighten my mood was to wipe the frown from my face. If you want the show to appeal to more older people,or guys even,add something cooler. Sure,those "chaos horses" or whatever the hell they were were okay,but trying to freeze them wasn't the way to make them seem evil. Maybe if I cared for the characters more...The thing that I really didn't like was the ending. It didn't end with suspense or a laugh,but some mushy-gushy crap.I can understand that for a movie or a book or a drama series,but not for a show that's kiddish and girly. That's an automatic turnoff for me.

Yea...thats suppose to be a review of the Hearth's Warming Eve episode...who here actually thinks that this should pass as a review for that episode?
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

A review...sort of... Empty Re: A review...sort of...

Post by Moonlight Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm

If that's his first episode, then I feel like it works but only as an outside review. I admit, Hearths Warming could have been better. Perhaps if he had watched Return of Harmony or Lesson Zero or really 75% of the other episodes he may have liked it. Also, press but don't push and never shove. This is my review of his review (inception)
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

XD
It's a review, in it's own right. He needs to watch another episode then, maybe a discord one? and introduce him to some of the community, show we are't all nutjobs. There is some really awesome music, art, and other things to be found.
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 pm

He thinks I'm a nutjob XD but yea...I do agree now,Hearths Warming is a horrible first episode...But now I have convinced him to write another review,and because of him complaining about a mushy ending and not evil enough villians,I gave him Return of Harmony part 1...My main problem with this review though is that he doesn't go into much detail and didn't really stick to talking about the episode,I feel he kinda just ranted through parts about me forcing him...and by force I mean bothered him about it and wouldn't stop.I will try to get him to come here and see how we really are compared to stereotypes,but I'm not sure how well that will go...
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down