Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Favorite Fan fic?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by XT Vengeance on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 pm

InquisitorM wrote:Haven't tried New Horizons yet, I guess I'm kinda worried it might feel like it's diluting Kkat's fairly epic work.
Honestly, i think it is better so far.
avatar
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Posts : 6531
Brohoof! : 40
Join date : 2012-02-22

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Discord on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 am

i also usally read any thing about discord.......what can i say im a sucker for the guy.
avatar
Discord
Earth Pony

Posts : 176
Brohoof! : 0
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 26

Character List:
Name: dark infinti
Sex: male
Species: pegasus

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Silver Flash on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Fallout: Equestria. Not only had a amazing writer, but the story had me hooked! At one point I sat up in my bed for three days straight reading managing about two and a half hours of sleep . I wouldent mind reading another 45 chapters!
avatar
Silver Flash
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 59
Brohoof! : 0
Join date : 2012-01-07

Character List:
Name: O'Shaserra
Sex: Female
Species: T'au

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Scootaloo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I recently read Night of the Werepony on FIM and it's really good :)
avatar
Scootaloo
Pegasus

Posts : 291
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 23
Location : Ontario, Canada

Character List:
Name: Shimmer Mint
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:04 am

I saw that one on there but didn't know if it would be any good. I may have to give it a try though.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by CamoBadger on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Now that I've become officially hooked to the point that it shows up in my dreams occasionally, I need to add Fallout:Equestria as my favorite FanFic.

Amazing writing, addictive story that managed to pull me away from doing anything else (including writing my own FF), and the greatest characters I've ever seen in a book.

I had my issues with it, but I won't bore you all with those.
Also, Project Horizons is now tied at the top. I like Blackjack a bit more than LilPip. Kinda get annoyed with her consistent whining, but that's part of her character, so I'll accept it.

I also enjoy that you really don't need to have played Fallout to get what's happening (I personally haven't played much more than 20 or 30 minutes of any of those games). Khat did a fantastic job explaining the different elements of the Wasteland without bogging down the story, and for that I commend her.


ALSO:
I must admit that reading it gave me a lot of ideas for an FF I'm planning, and the style of the story will be remarkably similar (not as good of writing, I'm nowhere near Khat or Somber's level). I should thank them for that, because the planning on that one had hit a wall that I couldn't get over for some reason.
But mainly, reading Fallout Equestria and Project Horizons gave me a standard of writing which I hope to get half way to reaching at some point.


Last edited by Lyra on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ALSO)

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Knight on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:02 pm

The End of Team Ace Wind
avatar
Knight
Colt/Filly

Posts : 11
Brohoof! : 0
Join date : 2012-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Derpy Hooves on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Knight wrote:The End of Team Ace Wind
FUCK YOU!

Fornicate yourself good sir, that story nearly gave me nightmares.

------------------

Happily married to Twilight Sparkle since February 15th, 2012. Pinkie Pie was my best man. (unorthodox weddings FTW)
Lyra is senile, it's canon.
avatar
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 639
Brohoof! : 31
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 2016
Location : Ponyville, Equestria

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Scootaloo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/11806/Melting-Away

I like this one too. Read it last night.
avatar
Scootaloo
Pegasus

Posts : 291
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 23
Location : Ontario, Canada

Character List:
Name: Shimmer Mint
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Well, my favourite authors definitely Kkat, Somber and PenStroke.

Continuing from that, my super favourite fic is definitely Fallout Equestria series as a whole.
Yeah, I said series, Project Horizons is canon for me, heck even a bit better than the original, deal with it.
(I just prefer Somber's style of writing even if "a bit" cruel to the main characters)

I can't forget to mention Past Sins, which is also one of the bestest fanfics ever!

Then we've got Silent Ponyville. Scary, a bit gory, but great story.
One alternate ending of the first story actually acts as a prequel to Cupcakes, explaining how Pinkamena came to be, and theme connected to Cupcakes plays a role in the first story in general, but it's story focused, not cupcakes-making/gore/torture focused.

And then of course My Little Dashie.
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Ametros on Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 am

For me personally Project Horizons tops out the list, beating Fallout: Equestria by just a little bit.

Apart from those two, I haven't read a HUGE amount of fanfics, but in the Fallout theme I enjoy Misfits and New Beginnings.

I'm currently partway through The Immortal Game (formerly known as 'Ponies Make War') and I must say it's REALLY quite good - comfortably sitting in 3rd place in my favourites.

Past Sins I have yet to read, and I personally wasn't too moved by My Little Dashie - but that was perhaps because it was mere hours after having read Project Horizons Chapter 33, so I may have been emotionally numb at the time...
avatar
Ametros
Earth Pony

Posts : 122
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 24
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 am

CalamityWhen wrote:I'm currently partway through The Immortal Game (formerly known as 'Ponies Make War') and I must say it's REALLY quite good - comfortably sitting in 3rd place in my favourites.
I've still got The Immortal Game on my waiting list. I'm kinda afraid to read it because I fear bad ending. Is there any indication as to why Twilight sides with the bad guys? Mind-control, secret counter-plan, or willingly? If it's the last one I'm not reading. Shy
(That would be ooc for her anyway, and I don't like fics putting the main characters too much ooc)
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Ametros on Thu May 10, 2012 7:14 am

Formis_Sage wrote:
CalamityWhen wrote:I'm currently partway through The Immortal Game (formerly known as 'Ponies Make War') and I must say it's REALLY quite good - comfortably sitting in 3rd place in my favourites.
I've still got The Immortal Game on my waiting list. I'm kinda afraid to read it because I fear bad ending. Is there any indication as to why Twilight sides with the bad guys? Mind-control, secret counter-plan, or willingly? If it's the last one I'm not reading. Shy
(That would be ooc for her anyway, and I don't like fics putting the main characters too much ooc)

I can assure you, it is well-done. I will personally vouch for it being highly unlikely for you to be disappointed regarding what doubts you raised. I recommend you get reading, so you can know the why sooner. :D
avatar
Ametros
Earth Pony

Posts : 122
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 24
Location : Dunedin, New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

CalamityWhen wrote:I can assure you, it is well-done. I will personally vouch for it being highly unlikely for you to be disappointed regarding what doubts you raised. I recommend you get reading, so you can know the why sooner. :D
Fair enough.
I've read only one other EvilTwi fic, Dusk and Dawn, which was awesome, but I'm usually sceptical about these.
I'll start once the exams are over. Won't have anything to do then anyway except Ponies. Yay! Fluttershy
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Fallout: Equestria and Project Horizons are high on my list. However, factoring want for updates, ease of recommendation to others, level of dark (important for me), overall epicness, desire to reread, legibility, (and some other categories I may have forgotten to mention), the one at the top of my list is The End of Ponies.

It's main downside is that it takes a few chapters to wind up to the main point of the story. But it is very, very good. And I await the day the story is finally finished, because it will be awesome. (right now, shortskirtsandexplosions is riding the wave of readers and attention he's suddenly gained with Background Pony)
avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm

RoboRed wrote:Fallout: Equestria and Project Horizons are high on my list. However, factoring want for updates, ease of recommendation to others, level of dark (important for me), overall epicness, desire to reread, legibility, (and some other categories I may have forgotten to mention), the one at the top of my list is The End of Ponies.

It's main downside is that it takes a few chapters to wind up to the main point of the story. But it is very, very good. And I await the day the story is finally finished, because it will be awesome. (right now, shortskirtsandexplosions is riding the wave of readers and attention he's suddenly gained with Background Pony)
Ah yes, that's another story on my waiting list, and another one where I fear bad/sad ending. The synopsis kinda even suggests it. Shy
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by RoboRed on Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 am

Personally, I have an idea for a happy end, based on details from what I've read. But there's no guarantee that that's the route he's gonna take.

Speaking of sad, another story of note is Last Man Standing. This story is what really got me into reading MLP fanfiction. It is also the only story to date that has gotten tears rolling down my face, twice. (seriously) And it did so without the aid of any sort of music playing in the background while I was reading (music is one of my emotional catalysts). I still do not know how it did it.
avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Sat May 12, 2012 10:07 pm

RoboRed wrote:Personally, I have an idea for a happy end, based on details from what I've read. But there's no guarantee that that's the route he's gonna take.

Speaking of sad, another story of note is Last Man Standing. This story is what really got me into reading MLP fanfiction. It is also the only story to date that has gotten tears rolling down my face, twice. (seriously) And it did so without the aid of any sort of music playing in the background while I was reading (music is one of my emotional catalysts). I still do not know how it did it.
I wonder what it would do with me then. I cried over a few fics and even one comics, but always with the aid of fitting background music...
I accept this fic's challenge even though I'm not a big fan of human ponyfics. Twilight crazy
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by RoboRed on Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 am

I dunno. If you're not into human-pony fics, it might not be for you. It's a lot more human-focused. But that's part of how interesting it is. It breaks the norm, and tells a wonderful story of struggle and injustice, the fight against said injustice, and the beginning of a new era.

Anyways like I said, I still don't know how it did it. Maybe I was just in an emotionally weakened state, or maybe there was some special alignment of the planets. But I cried twice, and have not cried like that from an MLP fic since.

Maybe I'm trying too hard to hold crying to a high standard...I have levels of how much I am tearing up, with "tears rolling down face" as the high end of the scale. Another fic that brought me close to that threshold was Dreaming With Ponies, and I was about ready to give up fighting back tears on that one. (also, music was provided with that fic, so there's the catalyst effect...)

(I think I'm going to bed now...posting while inebriated is hard...)

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Shadow Star on Sun May 13, 2012 3:45 am

Lately i have been rereading the classics like Rainbow Factory and my little dashie and of course cupcakes

its never a good day with out cupcakes
avatar
Shadow Star
Earth Pony

Posts : 122
Brohoof! : 4
Join date : 2011-11-28
Age : 20
Location : Ponyville, Equestria

Character List:
Name: Shadow Star
Sex: female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Tue May 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Shadow Star wrote:Its never a good day without Cupcakes
Derpy Hooves I'll leave it at this, no further comment.



Also, I read a few hilarious one-shots lately. :D

Two Peas In A Pod
"Like two peas in a pod we did everything together!" sang Twilight in the season finale. But what if she was letting on more than everyone else knew? What if Twilight really was a pea?

Twilight's First Time
Twilight Sparkle has experienced many wonderful things in her life, and yet one experience in particular has eluded the studious young mare. Something that should be a regular occurrence in every normal adult pony's life. After a chat with Rarity, she is finally convinced to take the plunge, and put herself in the care of professionals.
This one is not what it may seem, there's a twist.



And yesterday I cried over The Cold Hand of Mercy.
Death has come for Fluttershy—and is giving her an offer she can’t refuse. Fluttershy will have to learn how to cope with what comes after life, and the real meaning of Kindness.
I blame fitting music for most of the manly tears, but maybe I'm wrong. :D
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by RoboRed on Wed May 23, 2012 11:21 am

Formis_Sage wrote:
And yesterday I cried over The Cold Hand of Mercy.
Death has come for Fluttershy—and is giving her an offer she can’t refuse. Fluttershy will have to learn how to cope with what comes after life, and the real meaning of Kindness.
I blame fitting music for most of the manly tears, but maybe I'm wrong. :D

Challenge accepted.
avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Thu May 24, 2012 5:39 am

RoboRed wrote:
Formis_Sage wrote:
And yesterday I cried over The Cold Hand of Mercy.
Death has come for Fluttershy—and is giving her an offer she can’t refuse. Fluttershy will have to learn how to cope with what comes after life, and the real meaning of Kindness.
I blame fitting music for most of the manly tears, but maybe I'm wrong. :D
Challenge accepted.
Fair enough.
What I hate is that the final part was uploaded one day after I read the rest, now I don't have the right mood.
Maybe I'll have to read it all over again. Shy
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Valikdu on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Off the top of my head, aside from the obvious ones (as in, FoE and FoE:PH, which are implicitly on top of any list):
-Blood is Thicker Than Friendship
-FoE: New Beginnings, Misfits, Starlight, New Pegas
-Night's Favoured Child
avatar
Valikdu
Alicorn

Posts : 2219
Brohoof! : 192
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Moscow, Russian Federation

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Dusk and Dawn
Well, originally one-shot, now with sequel released today.
Basically just another fic with "evil" Twi as a servant to Nightmare Moon, but with amazinly written action scenes and even the story will get you in.
Totally worth reading. :)


Last edited by Formis on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Posts : 944
Brohoof! : 71
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 24

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by RoboRed on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Oooh! The sequel's out? *runs off to FIMFiction*

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Scootaloo on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:09 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/29466/Twilight-finds-a-book-of-puns
This one made me laugh. :P
avatar
Scootaloo
Pegasus

Posts : 291
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 23
Location : Ontario, Canada

Character List:
Name: Shimmer Mint
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Ketchup on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:34 am

Dropping In, and its sequel,
Dropping In: Trans-Universal Recovery Team, which are both written by my brother. The first one is a self-insert, and is pretty good, and the second one is a multi-crossover story, which has Part 1 as a Fallout crossover, Part 2 as a Daring Do one, and Part 3 is Pokemon. I don't know if anyone here will like them, though.
And I can't forget the reason I got into MLP in the first place.
FO:E and PH are my downright favorites, but the two smaller ones I liked so far were Pink Eyes and Broken Bonds.
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by WavemasterRyx on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, "Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons" will always be my most favorite fanfic. But there are a number of other stories that I have greatly enjoyed, as the rules for this thread says to list just one then I have the perfect one to say.

Exactly one year ago, I read my very first MLP FiM fanfic, and it has always stayed a sentimental favorite of mine.

"A Terrible Secret"

The basis may be simple (and a bit obvious from the title picture), but it's a very nice little story, that I've always thought would make a splendid episode of the show. Definitely worth reading, if you haven't.
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by RoboRed on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Hoennshy is another favorite of mine. Two stories in one, one taking place in the land of Hoenn from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, the other taking place back in Equestria, on a trip outside the borders. This was also the first fic I ever read that had the cast going outside the borders of Equestria to a foreign land.

And it just updated. After the longest time. My brain went "hubawhubadawha?", then was full of happy.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Fan fic?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum