Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP.

+9
Elipsilon
Apple Crumble
Moonlight
Sketchy Skies
Pinkie Pie
Tia
CamoBadger
Derpy Hooves
Spitfire
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP. Empty Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP.

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 am

As I've stated before, I'm a closet brony IRL, nobody but a few trusted friends know. I'm slipping pony references often though and it's cool seeing them sometimes (in a game I play sometimes called SpaceStation 13, on the BayStation 12 server, someone joined a few months back with the ingame account (different form In character name) of Derpy H00ves. which was cool. and last night I cought someone named in game, the captain of the station no less, named Octavia Vinyl Rainbow )

anyway, I found a way to slip MLP around, for Christmas I'm giving my young cousins, who are all girls aged 9 (almost 10), 4 (or 5) and 2(or 3 or 4) (yes, I can't remember their ages, shut up). I checked with my aunt, and she loves the idea of me putting together a DVD with a ton of episodes on it for them. I'm hoping they'll love it. I'm also thinking of slipping i a note saying something like "X is best pony" using either RD, since she's awesome, or maybe Derpy Hooves. (but I doubt my uncle would like explaining what derpy means to a 4ish year old..)

anyway, ideas? thoughts? your own plans?
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP. Empty Re: Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP.

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 am

I tried this stuff for about a week, saying I was making the DVDs for my 3 year old niece, blah blah blah.

After the next week I was just like "screw it" and posted a Facebook update with a link to a pony video, over a little bit of time everyone understood and all my backgrounds on all my electronic devices were pony and I was spending $70 on a plush Derpy Hooves.

Now I DVR all the episodes and watch them on my computer without worrying about people walking in, and of course I watch them with my niece and the rest of the family.

I really want another plush but the artist rose her prices....

So here're my thoughts, don't hide it, its not that big of a deal and doesn't change you as a person, eventually people just don't care.

Hell, now my friend's iphones all autocorrect "mk" and "mmk" to "MLP."

Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP. Empty Re: Hidden ways to reference and spread MLP.

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 am

Heh, yeah, I know. I don't actively hide it, but I don't show it either since I know it will be awkward... I don't know, I hate to use this as a reference, but it almost feels like being gay and coming out... I hate myself for thinking it, since I know they have to go through so much more.. but it's the only thing I can come up with to describe it..

I really don't know, since my limited group of IRL friends would likely rip on me for it endlessly, but the few others I've told, well, 2 out of 3, have been eccepting (they are not in our group, well, one is, but can't hang with us as often.)
I'm thinking of telling one of them, the one (other than the one I did) that I trust and judge his reaction after swearing hi to secrecy. If I can get him into it, or at least accepting, it'd be a large step towards me feeling safe to have a pony shirt or RD on my binder
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:17 am

Well I actually made it pretty obvious that I'm a brony to the rest of the guys on my base a few days ago, before then I kinda kept it hidden, but I no longer care.
Before that I was dropping lines from the show over and over throughout the day (you'd be surprised to know that 99% of the time they were actually set up perfectly, like someone saying 'stop whining' :P).
And now when I play LAN CoD with everyone my name is RainbowDash and I watch episodes openly throughout the day even if other guys are in my room playing the xbox or something like that.
Also, I have a Brony patch coming in the mail that I will be wearing on my uniform every day. So ya, guess I came out of the closet recently :P
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:26 am

I've heard it's easy after the initial bit. and hey, to be honest, if people hate me for it, screw them, the only friends I'd hate losing already know or are good enough to be fine with it. at worst I go back a few years and am back to only a few devoted friends. (and still no girl friend..).
the only thing that is a real hurdle is family, being the eldest of three brothers is not easy... might be best to let slip a little bit, like asking dad his thoughts on it taking over the internet...
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:28 am

And then Dad responds with "Rainbow is best pony" Rainbow
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:32 am

Would be interesting, especially to hear that from someone who runs a very large and ruthless empire on Eve, is taking a big foothold on the new BSG game, and who basically takes over and dominates on any game he joins.
(literally, him and his buddies cornered many freelancer servers, they had a great clan in CA, battlefield to games were one by them, seriously, they find a game, join it, and in a year dominate it. you should have seen him when he play'd MTG)
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 am

I wouldn't consider myself to be a closet brony, but I also wouldn't consider myself as full out of brony closet, all my electronic devices have something related to ponies on it wether it be a wall paper to a full on app. During my conversion , I was moving from Indiana to kentucky. Everypony in Indiana knows I'm a brony but I don't think nopony in kentuckey (or where I live) even knows what a brony is.

Since my days in Kentucky, I've made a few friends.(most of them from my web design class) they have seen my backgrounds and haven made a big deal about them. My laptop is a wall paper of rainbow dash's cutiemark, my iPhone and desktop wallpapers are both of rainbow dash.

Also I agree with spitfire on the whole brony closet==being gay thing

(I hope the school tech dept doesn't read this)
Tia
Tia
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 7

Character List:
Name: RainbowJJP
Sex: Colt

http://rainbowjjp.malware-site.www

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:51 am

RainbowJJP wrote:
(I hope the school tech dept doesn't read this)

Oh dear lord no. mostly because 1: MY friends? a good sized chunk of the techies. hell, we ARE the Tech dept... and 2: I forgot, but... something.
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:31 pm

I sneak in pony references all the time. Like when I critiquing stuff in creative writing I'll explain everything then be like "it needs to be about 20% cooler". Or when someone challenges me to something I'll say "in ten seconds flat"

I also use the whining and I'll hum songs sometimes...

yup
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 5

http://soberondrugs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Pinkie Pie wrote:I sneak in pony references all the time. Like when I critiquing stuff in creative writing I'll explain everything then be like "it needs to be about 20% cooler". Or when someone challenges me to something I'll say "in ten seconds flat"

I also use the whining and I'll hum songs sometimes...

yup

I've been doing that, it's awesome, in ten seconds flat.

Today I started (well, ment to monday, but today started) OPERATION: PONY
I put a RD pic (http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/158/8/3/rainbow_dash_awesome_by_kamikazedelbvh-d3ic8rx.jpg) that I printed up on the bored, sitting on the tray, before German while nobody was in there before lunch. I don't think Frau noticed at all, and very few people did if any, but having RD to see in class was awesome. I did kinda hid it, not intentionally, I put it up against an advent calendar, which was colorful too..

Still, after class, I stay'd after to talk to Frau, and people filed in for the drawing class. a group of like 3 girls, freshmen I think, who came in gathered around it and then on my way out I head them ask Frau why the pony was in here (in a, who put it up, not a "Ick, pony" kind of way). I got a sight of Frau seeing it, she seemed befuddled by finding it. When I came back after the day ended an hour and a half later, it was moved to being held by a magnet on the white background, making it easy to see.

DAy one of Operation Pony, success.
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkie Pie Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 pm

I am now tempted to start an operation pony at my school. hmmm
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 5

http://soberondrugs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Turns out the drawing class had a discussion on it, sparked by my brother going "Oh, no, My little pony..." (he's a non believer that is threatening my cover..) apparently he got weird looks before the discussion started...

This is why I don't want to come out about it, since people are stupid at my school... (well, only some are truly stupid in how they act, but compared to me, most are... Gilda )

Part two will be specifically using a quote or two, or maybe put up posters.
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Hmmm...operation pony you say...

you know, I think some of the buildings and sandbags around here could use some pony Coo
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sketchy Skies Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:25 am

Luna Operation Pony, huh? That's a really good idea.

My school could definitely use some ponies...

First target, art class.
Sketchy Skies
Sketchy Skies
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name: Sketchy Skies
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:02 am

That's why I left it in my German room, Frau teaches art right after Rarity

Next time i'm there after school for tec, I'm going to see about making a bunch of poster pics and putting them up
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:25 am

hmmm...red, green, black, and blue sharpies in my room...I can draw a Luna now...I just need paper...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Drew ponies, they are in 3 different places around the base...and surprisingly someone here requested that I put a new one in their room each week...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:35 pm

How should I go about spreading ponies throughout an all-boys school? Scootaloo
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Shadefire wrote:How should I go about spreading ponies throughout an all-boys school? Scootaloo

honestly, it could just start like a meme-ish thing, like tongue in cheek jokes, but it will introduce people to ponies, we all know they definitely appeal to guys.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:
Shadefire wrote:How should I go about spreading ponies throughout an all-boys school? Scootaloo

honestly, it could just start like a meme-ish thing, like tongue in cheek jokes, but it will introduce people to ponies, we all know they definitely appeal to guys.

this is true, but I want some ideas regardless
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 pm

You ask too much of me man, we all know Derpy is amazing, but im not a miracle worker Sweetie Belle
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 pm

hahaha, thanks anyway derpy
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Crumble Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 am

I'm in an all boys school too but it looks like some of the students are immune to the magic of Friendship :(. Hey but I started small but now I got many bronies now :3
Apple Crumble
Apple Crumble
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Apple Crumble
Sex: Male
Species: Earth pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I make occasional references to MLP around my friends, but never a direct reference.
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafrost Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Everyone I'm around on a daily basis knows I'm a brony,mainly because I'm a very open brony.I carry around 4 notebooks all day with MlP:FiM related things in each,on my 3ds all photos that are saved on the actual memory are MlP:FiM related,and I quote the show all the time.The latest time was when someone in class was complaining about homework and the teacher said stop whining...the class was roaring with laughter soon after.I can't really help closet bronies...I was never one.Next time I seen anyone after I started watching the show I warned them that I joined the herd,so things might get a little...ponier...
Permafrost
Permafrost
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 am

I thought about it, and decided what I can do. I'm going to print out a large poster (in around 20+ pages) and put them together somewhere in the school.
A giant poster of RD, but what for it to say? and which piece of art do I use for it?
(I'm doing this AFTER winter break btw)

any of you any input?
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elipsilon Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Now a friend knows I watch the show.

I was posting in a pony thread on the other forum I go to and he caught me. He seemed pretty cool about it, but really skeptical. I wasn't prepared to give a speech about the show, so I'm not sure if he's totally convinced. He said he might check it out sometime; but I fear that he may start with the first two episodes and bail out when they start singing (what I did when I was first exposed to ponies).

Oh well, I just hope he doesn't think I'm weird after this xD
Elipsilon
Elipsilon
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:37 am

Ok, I know I'm going to use RD, and for a caption "awesome"..
but I can't decide, include the URL for know your meme, or these fourms?
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:14 am

Spitfire wrote:I thought about it, and decided what I can do. I'm going to print out a large poster (in around 20+ pages) and put them together somewhere in the school.
A giant poster of RD, but what for it to say? and which piece of art do I use for it?
(I'm doing this AFTER winter break btw)

any of you any input?

This is hardly hidden!
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next