Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
Somber
RoboRed
CD
SilentCarto
Valikdu
Icy Shake
neoaustin
Frost
Rayndalf
nallar
Gadget Steamhoof
MSCA
Elden Andel
joltius
Tacoman587
DotRook
Vexd
Scootayay
Admiral Stoic Rum
TB3
FoolNeim
Defrak
Bootleg
tylertoon2
Katarn
Epsilon
Scienza
The Truth
Borsuq
PeppyJoe
decumos
Evilgidgit
JadedPony
atikin
FeatherDust
ILM126
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
43 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv Tue May 03, 2016 5:21 pm

@Somber: I have done that, dozens of times. I even coined several genres and created "world's first" in a number of topics.
And people like to point out that I'm a prodigy. Generally in the negative sense. But as of late I'm just totally fizzled due to a number of things.

Anyhow, you were very adamant about how you don't want to fix any of the errors in PH, as you want it to be a reminder for you that you can do better. Which I fully respect. But you know, being told you don't want me to officially correct anything as an editor or the like. That leaves very few alternatives xP And has so far lead to the hit and miss of "just fix the sexual parts, leave the rest the fuck alone, ok? Ps: You only need to mention something once." response of the first draft. I'm apparently terrible at banter and attempting to smooth things out hehe.

Still can't recall what event pushed me to want to make a revised edition. (aside from wanting to be able to finish reading the story) But as said: If I cba, I would fix the two massive blatant flaws of FoE, that people still roll their eyes at to this day. Hm... that prolly come off a bit wrong in terms of implying... what I meant to say is that it's an attempt of admiration/affection to the source. Kinda like a mod for a game. Plus, in PH's case, it's more strune throughout. Not a blatant case of "having the implied mastermind forget the one and only thing their nemesis is capable off" xD

@Silent: Yeah... I should honestly learn to try and just power through things.
Currently being way inefficient.

@EP: That's some pretty neat cosplay... though, have to say they are given very questionable names but... xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Tue May 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Somber wrote:ACK!  Did I seriously fuck that up!  Crap crap crap!
I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think anyone really noticed or they'd have commented. Unfortunately, she was referred to as "Lala" in at least one spot, which will also need to be corrected.

Incidentally, is "Lani" her bondsister's full name, or is that a nickname? If it's the latter, then we've kinda got at least three of them running around. (Mahealani, Ahulani, and "Lani".) I know it's a common name ending in Hawaiian, though, so it's not necessarily a terrible thing.

While I'm on the subject, I noticed an oddity in chapter 1 where Sky Altar's voice is described as "haunty". I think it's supposed to say "haughty", right?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Eek, sorry for missing those!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue May 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Valikdu wrote:There was a PH-themed cosplaying group at PonyRadioCon. Actually, I think it was the only real group there (if you don't count the judges: Dixidana and Erinliona)
Those are indeed some awesome costumes! Kinda makes me want to put together a Calamity outfit. (Why Calamity? Because I'm Texan. I've already got the hat.)
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 pm

I'd really like to go to bronycon this year, since I won't be able to make it to EFNW.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 04, 2016 4:16 am

Somber, in case you missed it, the "Lala" SilentCarto pointed out appears to still be there in the FIMFiction chapter:
"“About what happened to your ship, Lala,” a stern-faced mare said."

If you do decide to go to Bronycon, let me know; I've no idea at this point whether it would work out, but we might be able to meet up at a convention again. At the least, Baltimore appears to be only about a two and a half hour ride away on the Northeast Regional (well, after another hour and a half or so on the LIRR).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty OMFG, REALLY?

Post by White_Disaster Wed May 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Somber wrote:That is so cool!  I've met the BJ player and I love the glory player!

Uuum... Somber, It's BJ player.
That's really you?..
White_Disaster
White_Disaster
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: White Disaster

https://vk.com/white_dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed May 04, 2016 2:24 pm

yup!  I think we met at Babscon, right?  Or EFNW?  Or is my brain derping?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed May 04, 2016 2:57 pm

The DerpFest teleconference thing in November.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by White_Disaster Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Somber wrote:yup!  I think we met at Babscon, right?  Or EFNW?  Or is my brain derping?

Nah, sorrily we haven't met and it's not gonna happen.
I'm a student, I'm in Russia, I don't have money to go abroad :T
Skype conerence at DerpFest can be the only way)
White_Disaster
White_Disaster
Blank Flank

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed May 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Ahhh.  My apologies then.  Still, love the cosplay!
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed May 04, 2016 7:10 pm

White_Disaster wrote:Nah, sorrily we haven't met and it's not gonna happen.
Oh! I feel stupid now for not looking up where PonyRadioCon is held. I'd been vaguely wondering how the costumes could all include realistic weapons -- cons in the US (and a lot of Europe, I think) tend to get really twitchy about that sort of thing.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by White_Disaster Thu May 05, 2016 8:28 am

SilentCarto wrote:
White_Disaster wrote:Nah, sorrily we haven't met and it's not gonna happen.
Oh! I feel stupid now for not looking up where PonyRadioCon is held. I'd been vaguely wondering how the costumes could all include realistic weapons -- cons in the US (and a lot of Europe, I think) tend to get really twitchy about that sort of thing.
As for us it's a very twitchy thing too, we weren't allowed to carry out guns from photo zone.
As for all visitors: it's allowed to bring non-combat realistic models of weapons, for example airsoft ones, with mags not loaded and without accums/gas. Also people had to register their guns online sending photos of them to security.
White_Disaster
White_Disaster
Blank Flank

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon May 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Commentary time! (Crossposted from FimFiction for your benefit. Yes, you. No, not him... that's right.) Criminally late, I know...
Homelands Ch. 6 Commentary:

Homelands Ch. 6 Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by White_Disaster Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 am

Somber wrote:Ahhh.  My apologies then.  Still, love the cosplay!
You may also like this one ^^
My cosplay at RuBronyCon 2015, May 2
tap:
White_Disaster
White_Disaster
Blank Flank

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 am

So, just out of curiosity, how did Marigold get down from her rocket without the whole landing pad and airlock arrangement? Did she have to clamber down a ladder?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed May 18, 2016 11:34 am

... I never thought of that.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 18, 2016 5:14 pm

A ladder, perhaps a lift, I think. Either it was no longer attached by the time Blackjack and friends used the rocket, or she just never noticed; she was pretty preoccupied, after all, and didn't need to use it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed May 18, 2016 7:07 pm

A pop-out lift platform on the exterior would work fine, sure. I was just curious if there was intended to be a ramp or an internal elevator or something. I mean, ponies aren't bad at ladders, apparently. Not as good as us apes, but it doesn't seem to inconvenience them too much.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed May 18, 2016 11:09 pm

I mean, not that I was asking for any particular reason...

Marigold's... er, Twilight's Moon Mission:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 am

Hah, very nice! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun May 29, 2016 3:13 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I mean, not that I was asking for any particular reason...

Marigold's... er, Twilight's Moon Mission:
Nice project there!

Also, since I haven't said so yet, those cosplays are great.

Question for Somber or anyone else who'd know: have thoughts on the location of the divisions between Book 3 and Book 4 and between Book 4 and Book 5 changed since the story finished/whenever the hub page was last updated?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Tue May 31, 2016 3:45 am

Ha-HA! Homelands 7! Enjoyed the setup and how the spirit worldbuilding was packed in (granted, stories about spirits are radical in and of themselves). 
Spoiler:

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Homelands Ch. 7 Commentary:

Last edited by SilentCarto on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Hee, very nice.  And people should know by now: if there's ever a party, it's a prelude to something bad happening in somberworld.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:51 pm

I think that's kinda just fiction in general, really.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:28 am

Heh, found a character named "Scoodles" in a game. Kinda makes me wonder how spread some of the names are :P
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:09 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Homelands Ch. 7 Commentary:
Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Icy Shake wrote:PIT: Probably Latin rather than Italian, I'd think. Maybe "Institutum Technologiae Propoli[ae]".
Yeah, that's probably closer. Latin is all Greek to me.

Trollestia

Icy Shake wrote:Well, if they're not so much a zony as a ze-remnant-of-a-star-spirt-in-the-shape-of-an-ony, maybe an exception can be made.
Oh, I'm sure "because magic" is the answer.

Icy Shake wrote:I could see it being an issue sometimes. Think of the fuss they made about using unicorn magic for winter wrap-up.
Except that they do exactly that literally everywhere in Equestria except for Ponyville (and, perhaps, a few other earth-pony-centric villages.) It just indicates that Errukine talks a good game, but she really doesn't know ponykind any better than someone who visited Italy once knows how Italians think.

Huh. Funny to think that she's actually distantly related to Goldenblood, who did in fact put forth the effort to at least partially come to understand Zebra thinking.

Icy Shake wrote:Pretty sure the timing means it can't be.
What, becasue she's there when Blankjack wakes up? I know, I was just reacting to my previous hopes for this meeting.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next