Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:If you ever feel anxious at work, remember that there are people who routinely have to handle fragile pieces of equipment costing the price of a high-end sports car or a little house. You're probably not one of these people.

I, on the other hand, can't say the same. [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 20 DphLwa7
I am personally signed for tens of thousands of dollars in experimental equipment which I have little personal access to and which others are prone to taking and using without my knowledge or consent on a regular basis.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 20 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:53 pm

For all those who recently brought up Derek Dumb:

This video had me in tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Tentative hype?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:44 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 20 Tumblr_nso84zU7GR1rsg1iuo1_400
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Man, now I almost want to see this happen as a satire/pastiche (note: I bought and enjoyed Awoken):

Now, obviously, we all know that the female gaze/female desire exists. This is why romance novels are a thing. (Yes, you can “gaze” at characters in novels.) There’s a reason while you’ll never read the following passage in a romance novel:

Her gaze was riveted on his magnificent, pear-shaped dad-bod. Narrow shoulders gave way to the beginnings of fleshy moobs and then a poochy, round stomach. And it only got more erotic from there. . . .

Last edited by Icy Shake on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not sure about the appropriateness of the last sentence.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Man, now I almost want to see this happen as a satire/pastiche (note: I bought and enjoyed Awoken):

Now, obviously, we all know that the female gaze/female desire exists. This is why romance novels are a thing. (Yes, you can “gaze” at characters in novels.) There’s a reason while you’ll never read the following passage in a romance novel:

Her gaze was riveted on his magnificent, pear-shaped dad-bod. Narrow shoulders gave way to the beginnings of fleshy moobs and then a poochy, round stomach. And it only got more erotic from there. . . .
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:42 pm

art of the imper-art-or:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 20 Tumblr_nrlwgmend21u5hgroo1_400
By Dandykat
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Super-Mega-Death-Ranger Ranger-discusses Ranger-Gender Ranger-Politics. Ranger.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:59 am

Just to be sure, that's a real article or a satire? I can't tell after a while.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:39 am

Anyway, while I'm ahead, I was thinking about planning next year's summer vacation.

I was thinking about a 10-15 days trip to the Boston - New York - Washington DC area. Or alternatively a trip to California: San Francisco, Northern California (for the Redwood forest), maybe a short trip to Hollywood and Las Vegas as well?

Do y'all got any suggestions on what you think would be worth seeing in these areas?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:33 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Anyway, while I'm ahead, I was thinking about planning next year's summer vacation.

I was thinking about a 10-15 days trip to the Boston - New York - Washington DC area. Or alternatively a trip to California: San Francisco, Northern California (for the Redwood forest), maybe a short trip to Hollywood and Las Vegas as well?

Do y'all got any suggestions on what you think would be worth seeing in these areas?
Unless you're planning on flying between all those places, it's at least a 3 hour trip between those east coast cites and even further on the west coast. You do have enough time to travel, just be prepared to spend some time in a car (or fly, but that's expensive). Since I live on the east coast I can give you some recommendations for that area.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:32 pm

When I did Florida, we rented a car for the duration of the trip, and in over a week we had gone from the Keyes to Gainesville, passing by Miami, the Everglades, Cap Canaveral & Orlando. It wasn't much of a problem.

Although admittedly I wasn't the one driving back then, so...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:53 pm

That is the main thing to remember about the US. Each state is the size of your average country.

You can get some fairly cheap one way flights between capitals. New York to boston can be done for roughly $400.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:16 pm

... Yeah, I'd prefer to keep the budget constrained a bit. Last time cost me over 1700 USD, including the 1000 USD roundtrip flight from france to the US.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Alternatively, I was thinking that there's enough stuff in New York to spend at least a week there. But I'd probably need a local guide to get the best of it.

I don't think I have any acquaintance in NY. Although I know at least one person in upstate NY though. A recently converted mormon...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Oh trust me. There's a shitload to do in NY. Just don't expect to not pay a lot of money. It's an expensive town.

If you want to keep the cost down, and don't mind hanging out in a petri dish of humanity you could always take charter buses to places you want to go. I assume they're cheaper.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Greyhound for a Boston - New-York vary between 10 and 40 USD. Interesting.

It also has the interesting part of being a "local" experience.

Edit: and alternatively there's also AMTRAK.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:08 pm

I can't vouch for our passenger trains.

The only trains I've seen in this country are ones hauling steel, tens of thousands of tons of coal, and hobos.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Aye, there are trains up there.

If it helps you decide, I'm currently expecting to be moving to Long Island next month.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:12 pm

And I'm moving to Boston next week! Even if I'll be living in an AirBNB rental until the beginning of September . . . How

But yes, it's true that America's freight system seems better known and more comprehensive than its passenger trains.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:45 am

Good to know a meetup could be possible if this goes through. I'll think about it.

In other news, a friend of mine told me that he went to see Ant-Man yesterday and it sucked ass. Some kind of trainwreck according to him. Any feedbacks?

Also, for those interested, Dark Souls is only $10 on Humble Bundle right now. I think imma get it. Then I'll also need to get Good. Don't know where I can find it...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am

I saw Ant-man and I'm gonna disagree with your friend. It was a good movie. Had a lot of funny moments in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:29 am

Just saw a video stating that, in Fallout 4, ghouls are going to be more like zombies in that, if you shoot off their limbs, they keep coming.

I was always under the impression that ghouls were not zombies. That they often suffer from brain damage from all the radiation and go feral but, underneath the rotting skin, they were just humans that had been mutated by the radiation to have longer lifespans, be healed by radiation, etc.

I wonder if they're going to make ghouls crave brains, too. This reminds me a lot of how Super Mutants went from supersoldiers to radioactive ogres. I guess it'll maybe be hand-waved as a different strain of FEV getting involved, again.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Thing is, ghouls are mutated into their form by radiations exclusively, not FEV. So they can't justify it that way.

Got a link to the video?

@Guard: well, as I understand it, and from what he told me, the humor is pretty much the only "content" of the movie; with the story, special effects and characters being completely forgivable.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Ghouls are only really zombies aesthetically. Besides no longer needing to eat, as far as I know, they're basically human.

Maybe they're referring to Ferals? Cuz they're basically zombies, and it would make sense for them to not give a damn about a bullet in the leg what with all that berserker rage and what not.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Apparently, the late (and former lawyer) Francis E. Dec, due to his paranoid schizophrenic breakdown in the 60's, began believing in a conspiracy which involved, among other factions,  "Communist-Catholic warrior monks with poison-coated swords and night vision goggles, and CIA-affiliated Ethiopian gangster perverts who had apparently covertly taken over Nassau County, NY for the purposes of anally abusing the populace while they slept."

Is it just me, or is that about the awesomest conspiracy matchup you've ever heard of? Fuck that "Templar vs. Illuminati" bullshit. I'd love a head-to-head matchup between the Red Papist Poison Knights of Shadow and the Gangster Gangsta Gang-rapin' chain-Gang.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:04 pm

swicked wrote:Just saw a video stating that, in Fallout 4, ghouls are going to be more like zombies in that, if you shoot off their limbs, they keep coming.

I was always under the impression that ghouls were not zombies. That they often suffer from brain damage from all the radiation and go feral but, underneath the rotting skin, they were just humans that had been mutated by the radiation to have longer lifespans, be healed by radiation, etc.

I wonder if they're going to make ghouls crave brains, too. This reminds me a lot of how Super Mutants went from supersoldiers to radioactive ogres. I guess it'll maybe be hand-waved as a different strain of FEV getting involved, again.

Bethesda. Applejacks
Doesn't matter if something contradicts the established world and/or is just retarded. It sounds cool, let's put in in there.

That's why I'm not at all erect for F4.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Thing is, ghouls are mutated into their form by radiations exclusively, not FEV. So they can't justify it that way.

Got a link to the video?
https://youtu.be/oNFpES0DZ9E?t=4m17s

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Tytan wrote:Maybe they're referring to Ferals? Cuz they're basically zombies, and it would make sense for them to not give a damn about a bullet in the leg what with all that berserker rage and what not.
Not a bullet in the leg, getting limbs copped or blasted off.
Ghouls are still alive, though. Only their skin and some of their muscle structure are dead. Their hearts are still beating. How long can a human keep living after having even one limb violently removed and then untreated? Even if they were reduced to an animal's level of intelligence (which is what I thought "feral" meant in regards to the brain-damaged ghouls) I don't see them continuing to fight in even a reduced sense.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next