Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Sun May 31, 2015 9:38 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:41 am

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACC3BuB7nNc
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:17 am

Scienza wrote:
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS:
Well...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:12 am

The glorious future of the entertainment industry is dildos based around your favorite characters from your favorite movies, books, and YouTube shows. Merchandising! Spaceballs the Silicon Penis. It's capitalism in action: if you build it, they will make a sophomoric innuendo.

I can imagine how it all starts, clear as day. In a darkened personal office somewhere miles above Dubai, after the latest reboot of the Lord of the Rings centology has finally concluded with the release of a twelve-hour Monster-sponsored mega-3D surround-screen 120FPS ring-melting bonanzapiece, the CEO of MiraMarvel is browsing for news on Gawkr on his phonepad. He sees that the daily Pulitzr Prize winner is an article titled "You Won't BELIEVE How Much Money This Replica Nazgûl Dick Sells For!" With trembling fingers, he pokes the link on his screen, leaving a sweaty smudge. He reads the article, and it's true. He really does not believe.

And yet, when he follows the link to the source of this... absurdity, the price is all-too-right. $300 for a lovingly-crafted silicon "model" of an "artist's interpretation" of horrifying Nazgûl cock, available in nine different colors, ranging from Gandalf the White to Dwarven Gold to Morgul Black Breath. There's even a special Saruman edition, which turns from white to a shining rainbow by way of internal LEDs, triggered when exposed to temperatures around 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

The CEO's fingers hover over the auto-CnD button on his phone's toolbar, which would cut the infringing website and its owners off from the internet forever and fine anyone who had used the site the standard rate of $60m per visit, but then pauses. He considers. And then, he says to his phonepad, "Siri, start an e-mail to the board. Title it 'Getting in on the ground floor of the dildollars business.'"

I like to think of it as an ambiguous utopia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:49 am

I'mma get me that Washington Monument dick, y'all. Available in 1:120, 1:10, and 1:1 scale, so you can work your way up.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:17 pm

X-COM 2.
Mine is the boner that will pierce the heavens.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Valikdu on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:25 pm

On an unrelated note, in case it's relevant to anyone, the Madoka Magica movies are now on netflix.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Imperium problems:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:33 pm

[hype intensifies]
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:59 pm

What if they announce Fallout online though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 pm

I really hope they won't.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:21 pm

this video brought to you by linuspyrotips:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Last wrote:What if they announce Fallout online though?
Mothership Zeta 2: Alien Boogaloo.

Seriously though, VATS would be fucking amazing, because it would either freeze everyone's game or be a real-time aimbot. Everyone would be bunny-hopping around the map with maxed-out perception and luck.

Also, adding to the list of impossibilities happening today, you can now get refunds on Steam.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 pm

This new one should play off of New Vegas' "cowboys, gangsters and your grandpappy on D-Day vs. Romans"; but more to a theme of, say, "Imperial Regimental British soldiers against Bolshevik revolutionaries, gangstas, and a cult of Ayn Rand-worshipping cult of Libertarian doomsday preppers"

Speaking of Steam:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Frost wrote:This new one should play off of New Vegas' "cowboys, gangsters and your grandpappy on D-Day vs. Romans"; but more to a theme of, say, "Imperial Regimental British soldiers against Bolshevik revolutionaries, gangstas, and a cult of Ayn Rand-worshipping cult of Libertarian doomsday preppers"
The British angle would especially hilarious if the game does turn out to be set in Boston. If it did magically end up in the game, I am so fucking there. I could finally fulfill my dreams of becoming a gentlewoman lobsterback Rambo.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:33 pm

If there's not a quest wherein you have to fight mirelurks in the bay to recover the tea at the bottom, I'mma be pissed.

Likewise, I want to meet the Chinese-slaying deathbot that was christened on America's tricentennial to carry the Liberty Bell into battle and let Freedom ring with the sound of lasers
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Frost wrote:If there's not a quest wherein you have to fight mirelurks in the bay to recover the tea at the bottom, I'mma be pissed.

Likewise, I want to meet the Chinese-slaying deathbot that was christened on America's tricentennial to carry the Liberty Bell into battle and let Freedom ring with the sound of lasers
In like vein, if at no point in the game does anybody say the words "THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!" I will passive-aggressively rage so hard.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:50 pm

New Vegas' weapon mods, I expect, will be in the next game; and if it's taking cues from Skyrim (as is commonly speculated) dual-wielding silenced pistols and rocking and appropriately awesome peacoat , you could make your own homage. 

Speaking of which, I'd hope for more modding and at least toning down the goddamn gear-damage/degradation mechanic. Kinda weird to justify carrying four sets of leather armor for repair around as 'more realistic'. Beyond that, I don't foresee my other hopes (like reduced inventory and/or climbing mechanics and equipment) getting in there
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:34 pm

@FO4
How about a band of Irish potato farmers with a dark, baby-eating secret, called the Swifties? Like, they read A Modest Proposal and took it to heart. (I'm sure this has been proposed before.)

Beyond that, if it's indeed set in Boston, there'd better be a lot more Lovecraftian stuff, 'cos that's where Arkham and Innsmouth are "located." Oh, and I'm definitely with Frost on the gear stuff. Would rather having a "breakdown for parts" feature or something like that, for a better crafting/repairing/customizing system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:40 pm

Proposal's gotta be one of my favorite satire pieces; certainly of the classical variety. "The Swifties" seem right up Fallout's alley, too. 

And, yeah, a "smithing" ability in the sense that one could enhance their gear more, break down and modify it more (everything from additional mod-slots to being able to rechamber and reconfigure the gun on the fly) seems like you could do a lot more (in terms of variety and strategies available, as well as players getting to keep their favorite weapons rather than abandoning them because something with bigger numbers came along) with less. 

Plus, I'd kinda like to see specialization potential--for instance, speccing out your Guns-heavy character to be a full-blown gunslinger (or dual-pistol-wielding prayer-screaming drunken monk) or sniper rather than a generic "gun guy" that's just using a sniper rifle or revolver at the time.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 am

Frost wrote:Proposal's gotta be one of my favorite satire pieces; certainly of the classical variety. "The Swifties" seem right up Fallout's alley, too. 

And, yeah, a "smithing" ability in the sense that one could enhance their gear more, break down and modify it more (everything from additional mod-slots to being able to rechamber and reconfigure the gun on the fly) seems like you could do a lot more (in terms of variety and strategies available, as well as players getting to keep their favorite weapons rather than abandoning them because something with bigger numbers came along) with less. 

Plus, I'd kinda like to see specialization potential--for instance, speccing out your Guns-heavy character to be a full-blown gunslinger (or dual-pistol-wielding prayer-screaming drunken monk) or sniper rather than a generic "gun guy" that's just using a sniper rifle or revolver at the time.
I want a perk that allows you to add your Endurance as DT to clothing items, allowing me to wear a business suit permanently.

Really, the number one thing that needs to be fixed in the game is the stealth system. It's just hilariously broken, both in Fallout and in Skyrim. As much as I enjoy the ol' basket-over-the-head exploit, the stealth system seems less based on line-of-sight and concealment as much as on a basic lack of eyes and/or human empathy on the part of the guards. Nothing quite like just watching your two coworkers next to you drop like stones from something that totally isn't an assassin with a silenced pistol.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:08 am

Honestly, when I'm on guard duty, I kinda hope most of my co-workers drop like stones from something that totally isn't an assassin with a silenced pistol.

I'm also fond of Endurance getting some sort of high-level advantage to surviving some fucked-up shit. I've heard of people surviving getting impaled through the chest (or the fuckin' skull) and walking it off. Hell, I saw a video of a MATV being blown the fuck up and one of the guys inside just picking his helmet up and walking off. The toughest suit of armor has nothing on those freaks who are just absurdly hard to kill.

Speaking of tanks, help this dog.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ApwiFTBhYs

No doubt that shipping is a big part of Fire Emblem, but I have many questions about this. The first of which would be is this the correct ritual?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:38 am

Also, vehicles. I'd be happy with a junkyard bicycle, but being able to customize your ride (your gunslinger with a motorcycle, your strategist and his van full of equipment) and being able to use its storage space would be awesome. Might also make it interesting (just a rough idea) if it was not only a quick way to get around (and possibly fight, depending on the vehicle) but the only way to access Fast Travel
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:52 am

@Frost
I remember there was a wasteland bike fast travel replacement mod for FO3. It'd be a major directional shift on Bethesda's part to make it the only option for fast travel, that's for sure. It'd definitely be a cool way to do resource management, though, having a much larger weight limit for your vehicle as a sort of mobile pseudo-home base, maybe balancing fuel needs with weight needs, chrome spraypaint can needs, that sort of thing. Definitely a more "hardcore" system than Bethesda's been running lately, though, they've been moving away from having players keep track of "systems" like resource management and more towards direct gameplay, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 am

A trailer link, for those who've yet to see it. It's for Fallout 4. (Main site's being wonky so I linked the youtube here)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:35 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:chrome spraypaint can needs
Considering how much influence Fallout takes from Mad Max, I'd be rather surprised if, in homage to the last film, they don't have a "Chem" that's just a can of chrome paint.

And, yeah, perhaps not replacing Fast Travel outright, but I could definitely see something like the Highwayman making a comeback
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:12 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MY HYPE IS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF!!!!!!
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Anyway, this new made my day, if you can believe it. Like, at this point, I'm not even in mood for being sober and thinking they can still fuck it up. I'm just

"NEW FALLOUT GAME!"

and the trailer... God I hope the colors are going to be those of the real game. Given I've always seen Fallout as being kind of cartoony / comic-y in a way... I dunno. At least it makes a for a more visually diverse / interesting game than Fo3 greenish gray blandness.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Yeah the trailer looked awesome. I'm so excited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next