Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 2:28 am

@Worm RP

It's not a fic or anything but I might go back through the thread and make some crappy art of the characters. Not much of course but at least they'd be used a bit.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Thu May 07, 2015 10:18 am

I'd love to get back into the RP whenever it starts up again.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 07, 2015 12:11 pm

I recall that there were concerns about how it ended up (a bit convoluted and a bit too serious for some peoples' tastes) beyond scheduling concerns as well, but that was intended to be a pilot run anyway. We could give it another go or turn it into a straight story; however works out for anyone interested.
EDIT: if there's to be interest in the characters and such again; I'll update the OOC thread with the most important information we can provide: notes and info for shipping.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I brought up Heroes yesterday and new hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b215Y8QgA3Y

Kinda wish it was Lady Vashj instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu May 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Cool Sierra Madre art
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Finally, the end of one of the most grueling semesters I've ever had.

Thank. God.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 119733__safe_twilight+sparkle_screencap_facebook_a+friend+in+deed
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu May 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Those are a lot of fair points, Swick. We can definitely dial back the Sultans from a criminal hegemony to a more conventional (though organized and powerful) gang. I'm likewise all for character interactions, but it'll be a lot harder to pull off a Worm (or superhero in general) scenario without combat. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I rather like the several interconnected factions and their realpolitik/cold-war/stalemate balance of power rather than a simple faction-on-faction faceoff
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Congratulations to both of you, swicked and RoboRed!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 am

possible swickedbait:
http://asimos.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-the-Wandering-Wizard-530349256
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 am

English can be weird...

Last edited by Katarn on Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri May 08, 2015 3:06 am

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:Those are a lot of fair points, Swick. We can definitely dial back the Sultans from a criminal hegemony to a more conventional (though organized and powerful) gang. I'm likewise all for character interactions, but it'll be a lot harder to pull off a Worm (or superhero in general) scenario without combat. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I rather like the several interconnected factions and their realpolitik/cold-war/stalemate balance of power rather than a simple faction-on-faction faceoff
Eeeeeehhhhhhh......
When faced with a fight most of my characters respond by running and gunning. Attack, disengage, etc. I prolonged fight consisting of ducks, dodges, blocks, parries, various kinds of punches and kicks or powers, blah... I find it boring. Action is boring in text, actions spanning seconds dominating paragraph after paragraph. It just translates very poorly through the medium, I feel. It's a personal issue, I know. I can barely even read through the fights Somber puts in PH, or in ANY story.
As for the politics... yeah. I made my points, we are simply of opposite opinions in that matter.
I won't be able to reliably participate in anything for another two weeks or so; until this Advanced Homelessness Training is done. Plenty of time to work out any kinks
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 08, 2015 7:29 am

swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
possible swickedbait:
http://asimos.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-the-Wandering-Wizard-530349256
Oooooh, yeah, I like that.
Something's eerie about it, too. Dunno what.
Time for another avatar change...
Dem hoofboots, tho'.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri May 08, 2015 4:22 pm

asdfkla;jg;kljqe;wljklajskdlfja;ldhsg;klwjea;sdj;lf:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri May 08, 2015 6:18 pm

So, finally watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion.

That was a wild ride.

points of interest:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri May 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Congrats, Robo, swicked!

Though that's something I'm not looking forward to when I return to school in the fall after a few years away . . .
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Good luck, Icy Shake.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri May 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanks!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat May 09, 2015 9:31 pm

I'm really curious as to what fucking eight-year-old is commanding OPFOR right now. 

"Eighty invisible rockets from space kill you all. You can't kill me, though; I'm invincible."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
points of interest:
KyoSaya top OTP.

Man, I love that movie.

On an unrelated note, I saw Age of Ultron tonight. Unfortunately, they didn't include the incest subplot between Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from their Ultimate incarnations.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 10, 2015 10:35 am

Eh; most audiences'll quickly tire of a character whose whole depth is "a spy who wears leather and does butt stuff", especially after all ten movies she's been in.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Anyone here like jazz/big band stuff? Gavin Harrison recently did a solo album of reworked Porcupine Tree songs in that style. It's really neat. Linked one is of Hatesong/Halo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun May 10, 2015 5:27 pm

So, I bought Cities: Skylines.

I have made a terrible mistake.

I've spent 9 hours on it today alone, and I don't even know where that time fled.

This game is seriously addictive.

Far more finished, polished and full of features than the latest (and last, apparently...) Sim City. It's also far more intuitive and simplified (in a good way) than Cities: XL.

Overall, my verdict so far is: if you like city builders, go get it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun May 10, 2015 6:12 pm

swicked wrote:
Frost wrote:Eh; most audiences'll quickly tire of a character whose whole depth is "a spy who wears leather and does butt stuff", especially after all ten movies she's been in.
...you're joking, right?
I'm going to assume you're joking.
Her badass character does a 180 and becomes a sensitive pomf romantic who plays jane to Hulk's tarzan.
That wasn't character development. If she was a one-dimensional  stereotype before she's an even more one-dimensional stereotype on the exact opposite end of the spectrum now.

Maybe next they'll make the playboy a mormon or the boyscout a gangster if this is what passes for character development now.
Eh; considering I liked both Hobbit and Dark Knight Rises, which you recalled in colorful variations of "it was shit"; so it seems I'm just a lot easier to please when it comes to entertainment
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Replayed RE4. I didn't notice the first time around but they did a fantastic job of transitioning Resident Evil into a more modern game.

Though whoever decided to increase the difficulty of the reaction commands of all things for the harder difficulty is an asshole.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Harmony wrote:So, I bought Cities: Skylines.

I have made a terrible mistake.

I've spent 9 hours on it today alone, and I don't even know where that time fled.

This game is seriously addictive.

Far more finished, polished and full of features than the latest (and last, apparently...) Sim City. It's also far more intuitive and simplified (in a good way) than Cities: XL.

Overall, my verdict so far is: if you like city builders, go get it.
I've looked into that (particularly since good old Simcity 4 broke with the OS "upgrade" and I've not yet found a way to fix it), but unfortunately the Steam page explicitly says that my hardware isn't supported.

Actually, it looks like Steam has a current Mac version of SC4. I don't know whether the mods I was using would work on it, though, and I'd rather not spend that money for a game I already own.
(I was using this wrapper to run it. It's by the same person who made the wrapper I was using to run New Vegas, actually. Unfortunately, they seem to have been last online in October of 2014...)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun May 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Random question: what's the wordcount on the latest PH chapter? (asking here because I'd rather not risk my eyes to spoilers)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Approximately 25800. A bit more than that if you count the entire document, a bit less if you don't count the notes at the end and the like.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun May 10, 2015 11:06 pm

I was just wondering about the chapter sans endnotes.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun May 10, 2015 11:10 pm

spaceflight is the future of humanity:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next