Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
Frost
Epsilon
Kattlarv
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Bootleg
Twilightwolf4
Ketchup
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
iLateralGX
StoneSlinger88
Whiskey Rebellion
Vinylshadow
21 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:51 am

Nyarlathotep came to the Dreamlands not to be served, but to serve. Hear him speak the parable of The Good Yithian, or ancient tale of the Shuggoth who slew 5,000 Star-Spawn with the jawbone of a Mi-Go
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:55 am

Frost wrote:@Cobalt: I grew up in a super-Protestant psycho-church, son. I remember being given Chick Tracts to read and distribute in an entirely un-ironic fashion. 

@Last: I still think you're seeing an issue where there is none. Schools that allow transgendered students haven't had any issues with harassment or assault, and, should issues arise, conventional reporting methods will suffice. The more attention is drawn via regulations and parent-school conferences to the issue, the more it hurts the plight of students who are already discriminated against for being transgendered--especially since you're implicitly accusing people who are already seen as 'creepy' and weird by a fair set of the population of being rapey, creepy molesters. 

The issue isnt a target for abuse because, as has been brought up, the bulk of transgendered people stay in the closet--pretty much no one is going to claim that whole barrel of issues just to maybe get to see/grab some tits'n'butts'n'stuff

Frost are you kdding me? Are you serious? You are trying to say that I even slightly implied that trans people are rapey? Point it out. I want you to. That is digusting that you would suggest that I was saying that. I was saying non transgender assholes might take advantage of the situation. And to be honest I was never implying rape to begin with, the worst case scenario I was thinking of was some horny guy with a girlfriend calling himself transgender so he had place to have sex with her at school.

That's what I meant when I said teen mom. There are a few consentual pregnancies out there.

And when I was talking about a "boy" I was just saying it's within the realm of possibility that a female student might be uncomfortable showering with a male student and the parents might not like that. Not that the trans girl was looking to rape or sexually assault someone.

And to be honest here Just because something is not a problem at the moment doesn't mean it will never be a problem. I'd hope trans people were more accepted in the future, what about then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:15 am

The reasoning behind keeping the genders separate was, at least in part, fairly explicitly based on the (unfounded) fear of rape and harassment. 

I don't know where you keep getting this idea that students have the time and/or inclination to fuck at school (and, in any case, most upperclass students just drive POV's to school anyway that already provide that opportunity.) 99.97% of the fuckin' goes on outside the school, dude. The "issue" of trans-bathroom use is the fear of less-than-consensual behavior. 

Last wrote:And when I was talking about a "boy" I was just saying it's within the realm of possibility that a female student might be uncomfortable showering with a male student and the parents might not like that
And if the transgirl is uncomfortable showering with a bunch of dudes (and, more than likely, would actually be harassed or attacked in such an environment at some point)? Just fuck what she's comfortable, right?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:23 am

Frost you are aware that girls in highschool can be really fucking mean right? Like they can also harass the trans person in the locker room just as easily as the males the can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:24 am

@ Frost Well that isn't the argument I was making, someone else might have and thank you for pinning that on me but I certainly wasn't making it.

I didn't say that at all. But what's the solution Frost? Is it reasonable to trade one person's comfort for anothers? I don't know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 am

Guarddogjr wrote:Frost you are aware that girls in highschool can be really fucking mean right? Like they can also harass the trans person in the locker room just as easily as the males the can.
Statistics would suggest they're a lot less likely to get physically violent with the trans-person in question, and there's the factor that you're surrounded by your teenaged peers of the opposite gender harassing and heckling you (conventionally held to be more stressful and embarrassing on the person in question) otherwise; and the mere notion that you're a girl/boy being forced to use the boys'/girls' restroom because of what other people think of you and your sex. 

@Last: Alright, then, fuck it. Subtract the non-issue of rape, and you're left with the idea that it'll suddenly become in vogue to take time out of one's busy, shitty day to have a quickie in the dirty, crowded bathroom or locker room at the low, low cost of being opened up to harrasment, insults, and physical violence. 

And, no, I'm not saying that one's person's comfort is more valuable than another's--and that's exactly why you can't just write off the transgendered party's wellfare for the cisgendered party's. The most obvious solution is a more private shower facility, but, failing that, a compromise could be reached via more regulated or scheduled use of the facilities as implimented on an ad-hoc basis
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:54 am

@Frost If you believe that transgender people will always and forever be subject to physical violence then I guess you would never see the possibility for a problem. Because of that the solution that the advantages are vastly outweighed by disadvantages will always be valid. Guess everyone prepares for getting shot in the chest by wearing a bullet proof vest after it happens. It'd be pointless anytime before.

On your second point. I would agree with that solution. It's pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:15 am

Last wrote:@Frost If you believe that transgender people will always and forever be subject to physical violence then I guess you would never see the possibility for a problem.
If you're trying to crack down on teens having sex, the bathrooms of a high school, trans-tolerant or not, are pretty damn low on the priority list.
Last wrote:Because of that the solution that the advantages are vastly outweighed by disadvantages will always be valid.
You mind rephrasing that? You just blew my mind--Some David Lynch shit right there. 
Last wrote:Guess everyone prepares for getting shot in the chest by wearing a bullet proof vest after it happens. It'd be pointless anytime before.
Law bears an inherent issue of balancing allowing freedom for the law-abiding in the present and attempting to curtail future violations of crime. A reasonable effort to enforce any 'no fuckin' in the bathroom' policies, if necessary, could be implemented, but specific groups (such as the transgendered) should not be targeted or harmed intentionally or incidentally by them.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:41 am

Can I just, like, go to the bathroom already, please?

I'm going to piss myself there...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 am

In fairness to Last, it's entirely possible that Kentucky is such a pisshole of a state that things which work in other, more civilized, first-world, microbrew-sipping, crepe-making, pumpkin-producing, snow-having, ending-with-Assachusetts states wouldn't work the same way in Kentucky.

Anyway, here's my thinking overall on sexual misconduct of teenagers: removing opportunity doesn't work. There will always be opportunities, unless maybe you lobotomize all of 'em and stick their brains in jars that are electronically hooked up to telepresence robots. Which I sincerely doubt anyone will go for, particularly in Kentucky, since it's A) unholy, and B) a huge waste of government resources. (It's also currently unfeasible, but never mind that.) What will work is education, which means bringing the Bible Belt out of, well, biblical times' understanding of sex.

Anyway, it's no longer Saturday night, which means it's no longer alright for fightin' in my book. Peace!

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:37 pm

The first two panels => O_Hinds.jpeg
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Oh, man, MA is gonna get fucking inundated with snow over the next couple days. I'd pretty much given up on Winter this year, I thought the couple inches we got a few days ago were gonna be it, and I was thankful for 'em... but this is looking like a proper blizzard. We're talking Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne-era Blizzard, not PandaTown or Heroes of the Drizzle Blizzard. If I'm incommunicado after Monday night, assume the power's dead and we're burning wood for heat. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 pm

@Bathrooms'nShit
I'd throw in my perspective as a super-closeted-IRL transgirl, but I think Frost has covered pretty much everything I'd say.

On an unrelated note:

Last edited by Scienza on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The first two panels => O_Hinds.jpeg
I do rather like these monks, yes. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:51 pm

how happened I haven't seen that yet?:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:54 pm

Frostbait? It's a show where they briefly talk about firearms and how they've appeared in games. Not sure how accurate the information on the guns are as quite frankly I don't know jack shit about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:57 pm

@Last
Works for me. I lost it at the frickin' tiger stripes golden Desert Eagle.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Reminds me of a skin I had a long time ago for the Desert Eagle in CS:S. Black with gold trim and a golden hammer and sickle implanted onto the grip. I called it "Lenin's Fist". Good times...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Man, I love the Deagle. After I transition, I'll need something to compensate.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Here it is: http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/52975
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Completely unrelated, does anyone like Korrasami? Found an amazing, barely, NSFW comic that you might be interested in. It's got sex and it's damn obvious what's going on but there is no nudity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:13 pm

I haven't watched Korra yet (though I love Asami's design). Still, I never say no to NSFW lesbians.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Me neither. I quit after season two but it's glorious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:30 pm

I, too, must have my daily ration of lesbians
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:44 pm

I've had Shadowrun Returns gathering dust for a year. A week ago, I've had an inspiration to try things, and played it. It was refreshingly fun.

Immediately after, I've launched SRR:Dragonfall, and it was AWESOME.
Best videogame writing I've seen outside of the best Obsidian titles. Or even equal to those.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Yeeeep, that bait'll do it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:09 pm

feed me lesbeans plox
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:07 pm

@Val: Don't even bother with Returns at this point. Dragonfall is WAAAAAAY better. And get hyped up for Shadowrun: Hong Kong.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:12 pm

I should pick up Dragonfall one of these days. Been playing some Return recently and enjoying it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:22 pm

I can't wait for the expansion pack, Dragonfallen and I Can't Get Up.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next