Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 am

Mister Frost wrote:Steam, it seems, is this generation's Pokemon
I'm not sure many people spent more than €1200 on pokemon in the span of 11 years.
avatar
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Posts : 8732
Brohoof! : 543
Join date : 2012-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Fancee

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:31 am

Funny you say that, because I'm quite sure many have. 

A bug-eyed flying electric fish monster and a game about exploring your Oedipus Complex via Cowboy-themed block puzzles really aren't so different, when you look at the bare bones of it
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:34 am

I don't even:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:20 am

@Frost

on racism:
avatar
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Posts : 8732
Brohoof! : 543
Join date : 2012-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Fancee

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:39 am

Haven't played Dragon Age Inquisition, but here's a crossover fanart from pixelkitties:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e9b1b78fdaac42c177e57a871993a802/tumblr_ngjxj52JlU1rorj6qo1_1280.png
avatar
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Posts : 8732
Brohoof! : 543
Join date : 2012-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Fancee

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:59 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@Frost

on racism:
I'm sorry, but the politically correct term is "Pure American"
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:38 am

I'm afraid that would be the case, if addressing native Indians Spike
avatar
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Posts : 12959
Brohoof! : 351
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 30
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Sign I may have a problem with buying too many videogames I'll never play:

Looking at my list of steam games, and being surprised to see Skyrim among them.
...for some reason, I thought I remembered you buying Skyrim at the same time I did last year during the Steam holiday/year-end sale.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6600
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:38 pm

It is well possible. I just didn't install it and then promptly forgot about it.

As I said, I just buy too many games I then never play and forget about.
avatar
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Posts : 8732
Brohoof! : 543
Join date : 2012-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Fancee

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Haven't played Dragon Age Inquisition, but here's a crossover fanart from pixelkitties:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e9b1b78fdaac42c177e57a871993a802/tumblr_ngjxj52JlU1rorj6qo1_1280.png
I'm truly astounded that it's taken this long for someone to do an Iron Bull/Iron Will crossover.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1613
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Hello everyone. Hope you have a good Christmas. Hope you're all okay.
I'm off again now, just came to say hello / merry Christmas since I just came online to send a (surprisingly friendly) message to Somber about Shadowrun since I was talking about it to someone else - don't worry about me disturbing the peace, not this time.
Best wishes you all. Merry Christmas.
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Cheers, Kip.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1613
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Native Americans are "Pure Americans"

Everyone else is European/African/Asian/Canadian

-

Army reveals new winter designs for Tanks:
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 25
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:26 pm

does Jesus listen to prayers?:
avatar
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Posts : 12959
Brohoof! : 351
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 30
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:07 pm

*prays in death metal*

Am I doing it right?
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 25
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:24 pm

I think it's time Americans faced facts.

The white people conquered the natives.

Fucking get over it.
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 24
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Can't really say I care one way or another

White, black, brown, orange, red, yellow - we're all human of one kind or another

I think the politically correct term is 'relocated and reeducated the natives'
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 25
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Finished Far Cry, that has to be without out a doubt the most frustrating turret scene. Had the privateers been equipped with slings I think they would still have had a good chance of killing Riley and Jason.

Anyway, the game got a lot better. As soon as I got the upgrades that just made the game less annoying to play.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Slings are some pretty badass weapons

it's a shame you don't see them ever used in games


-
Maxie doesn't need no silly Santa Hat to be Christmasy

Although maybe I should make his turtleneck white...

(Why they wear thick poofy sweaters when they're orientated around Magma baffles me; at least Aqua's pirate/sailor theme makes sense)

And there's a few moments when Magma uses sailor lingo too

"I'll keelhaul you!"
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 25
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Can't really say I care one way or another

White, black, brown, orange, red, yellow - we're all human of one kind or another

I think the politically correct term is 'relocated and reeducated the natives'
Well, no, we fucked them over. Pure and simple. Every chance we had, we fucked them over. We're still fucking them over.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1613
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Aren't they getting their revenge with their Casinos though?
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 25
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Scienza wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:Can't really say I care one way or another

White, black, brown, orange, red, yellow - we're all human of one kind or another

I think the politically correct term is 'relocated and reeducated the natives'
Well, no, we fucked them over. Pure and simple. Every chance we had, we fucked them over. We're still fucking them over.
For a while we were barely one step above nazis.
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 24
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Instead of calling it National Socialism, we called it Manifest Destiny
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 25
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Yes, we fucked people over. 

History is essentially one long train of people fucking people over. Everybody, even those poor, victimized, oppressed Native Americans, have been ripping the shit out of each other since they figured out that hitting someone with a sharp stick enough made all their blood fall out.

It just offends our precious modern sensibilities that no, not everything gets solved by everyone sititting down, sipping hot coco as they talk about their fucking feelings, and singing some goddamn songs about magic and love. 

Since the dawn of modern humanity, we've pretty much constantly had war somewhere in the world because "Fuck you; got mine" is about the only way you weren't going to fucking starve and die out.

Yes, our ancestors (no, not us. Our fucking ancestors. I don't know about you, but I didn't March anyone down the trail of tears. I never went out on the plains hunting "Redskins". Some assholes a hundred-fifty fucking years ago did that. I'm not shouldering someone else's actions out of some misguided white-guilt complex)--yes, our ancestors conquered their homeland. They expanded, grew, and thrived on land they'd seized by force. And by modern times' equally subjective ideas of morality and civilization, that was a dick move. They'd be equally disgusted at us if they looked forward and saw what they took as a nation of soft, weak-willed, entitled children protesting from the safety of their couches, crying about 'injustice' while the "real men" took what their nation needed through force. 

History happens; times change; and people get fucked over. That's pretty much the anthem of life. Fucking get over that. 
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:52 pm

I think feeling a sense of responsibility for your ancestors wrong doings is important for society.

Just look at Germany.

West Germans are dour motherfuckers that are by and large taught they need to live to make up for their grandfathers sins.

East Germans were taught they were good little communists that were victims.

Take a guess where all the neo-nazis came from.
avatar
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Posts : 13084
Brohoof! : 429
Join date : 2012-09-09
Age : 24
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Tytan wrote:I think it's time Americans faced facts.
Everyone already knows. Everyone already acknowledges that. I hear it every goddamn day from, in particular, self-righteous little teenage SJW's listing it between "I'm oppressed because I'm a woman/black" and "I can't legally smoke pot" as the reasons why America is a fascist hell. I don't here even the most bleeding-heart apologist, though, offering to pack up and move out so they can have their land back. Because they, like virtually everyone, are happy to take the moral high ground so long as they can do it from their couch, sipping a latte as they blog about it. No one attempts to deny or reject the prosperity and opportunity that they have in a nation that seized its territory, they just whine about it so they can feel superior and accomplished and "more developed and civilized" while never doing anything of permanence in their goddamn lives, because this is the culture that invented the participation trophy; the culture that says you're special and important just for fucking existing. You don't need to work or accomplish anything, because you're already a fucking snowflake
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Tytan wrote:I think feeling a sense of responsibility for your ancestors wrong doings is important for society.

Just look at Germany.

West Germans are dour motherfuckers that are by and large taught they need to live to make up for their grandfathers sins.

East Germans were taught they were good little communists that were victims.

Take a guess where all the neo-nazis came from.
I'm pretty sure that's an outright quote from a book I've read. 

But...no. Call me crazy, but I'm rather a fan of personal responsibility. I don't claim credit for inventing the light bulb because an American did. I don't claim to have cured Polio because an American did. I don't claim to have stormed Utah beach because my grandfather did. I am a grown-ass man. My accomplishments, my failings, and my mistakes are mine and no one else's. I will not shoulder centuries-old crimes, bear guilt and punishment for actions I never even considered doing.
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm with Frost on this one, if I were to add anything I think I would say I'm starting to hate this use of we. The only way you can include yourself in the we in this context is through your nationality or race. That is your only connnection to them the people that have done this. Which includes me and I'm not taking responsibility for anyone's actions but my own. Or if I ever have kids theirs too.

I think our ancestor's wrong doings and mistakes are important to learn from not take responibility for.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Downloaded Skill on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Tytan wrote:I think feeling a sense of responsibility for your ancestors wrong doings is important for society.

Just look at Germany.

West Germans are dour motherfuckers that are by and large taught they need to live to make up for their grandfathers sins.

East Germans were taught they were good little communists that were victims.

Take a guess where all the neo-nazis came from.
I both agree and disagree with this notion. On the larger scale, like politics and other large group interactions, this kind of has to come into play  because of the realities of politics. Doling out punishment on an individual level often isn't possible or wildly impractical because large scale actions like these typically aren't done by one man or it happened in the past and the perpetrators aren't alive anymore. A statement and token reparation efforts can help smooth things out and prevent further hostilities. Politically useful lip service really.

On the more personal level I think this line of thinking is utter bullshit and very harmful. I should not be held accountable or responsible for fixing any mistakes my father or grandfather made unless I directly contributed to them. Why should I shoulder the blame for the mistakes of another? It inhibits personal choice and freedom over some misguided sense of justice. Worse still is when other people use this line of thinking to discriminate against others. Yes it is appalling that my forefathers had slaves, no that doesn't mean I condone it or should be discriminated against. It feeds a kind of victim complex where people use past offenses to justify present atrocities and hostilities against people who aren't even involved. It feeds a complex where people can be utter assholes and feel completely justified and right.  It's downright dangerous to believe that line of thinking on a personal level.
avatar
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Posts : 324
Brohoof! : 81
Join date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Modern day sensibilities might be subjective and hypocritical, and undoubtedly our grandchildren will be tearing into us over the choices we made today, but that doesn't mean that we can just hand-wave off all the fucking over. I don't believe in collective guilt of a society for the actions of their ancestors; today's Germany is not Hitler's Germany. However, there's fucking over that we can control and fucking over that we can't. We can't undo the past, but we can sure as fuck affect the present. We are responsible for the choices of the people we continue to put in office because any ideal of democracy falls the fuck apart if we aren't. You can either be an American or you can be free of all responsibility.

Maybe humanity will always fuck people over. But even you accept that, it becomes a question of what we're getting out of it. Fucking over the Middle East, fine, wave it off as national security and oil. Fucking over the developing world, resources and labor. But Indian reservations are fucking third-world nightmares directly because of how our government deals with them. Our (and yes, I say "our" because if you're a fucking American, it's yours too) criminal justice system is astoundingly bigoted and broken. We get very little net benefits from either. The American government doesn't even get fucking taxes from the reservations, and the best that can be said about the way our criminal justice system determines guilt is that our rate of serious crimes is roughly the same as it would be otherwise, even as our prisons overflow.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1613
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum