Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
Frost
Katarn
Kattlarv
Icy Shake
RoboRed
O. Hinds
Epsilon
Downloaded Skill
Kippershy
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
StoneSlinger88
Valikdu
Vinylshadow
20 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:58 am

I'm just kinda musing to myself here, but do you think if we invented a way to make nuclear weapons completely ineffectual the US could take over the world?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:29 am

Tytan wrote:I'm just kinda musing to myself here, but do you think if we invented a way to make nuclear weapons completely ineffectual the US could take over the world?

I think it would be theoretically possible, but then there's logistics and every other type of explosive ordnance to worry about. Plus, direct invasion of an oversea superpower would be difficult, if not impossible, because moving troops and armor over air and sea is both dangerous and expensive. If I remember correctly, simulations of such an event have been run and found to be impractical. Smaller countries, though? They're probably fucked. A lot of places are still using outdated military technology that wouldn't stand much chance against new designs.

If I'm missing something, anyone should feel free to call me out on it. I haven't had much time to read up on world stuff lately, but this is my thoughts based on what I know.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:38 am

The current military? No. Not with drawdowns, cutbacks, and it's spread-thin state. 

Fully mobilized, equipped with what the troops need; rallying up soldiers in the millions (which, with semi-temporary training camps and high-intensity training, could be done within months) and gathering forces from around the world to focus on the threat areas first? There's a bit of a fighting chance. China's army is fairly poorly-equipped and slow-moving, and they're the biggest threat. 

At the height of WWII, 14% of Americans were serving. Now, fully devoted to the war effort, America could raise tens of millions of highly-trained soldiers. 

But we won't, because Manifest Destiny is too hardcore for these bitch-ass voters nowadays
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:52 am

Well, that escalated quickly...

And now theaters are refusing to show "The Interview" because of some hacker?

Yeah...life right now is one large joke

I wonder if there's something in the air that's changed the way we think

Where did all this sudden hate for everything come from?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 am

We didn't start the fire, breh.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:37 am

Nah, we're just feeding it with our rage
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:04 pm

The reference
--->:
Your head.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:59 pm

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 pm

@Hatred
Word on the street says Gaben put it back on Greenlight, said it shouldn't have been removed. So that's done with!

@Songs
All the wrong I've done
You can deliver me, Lord
I only wanted to have some fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Good on Gabe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:20 pm

@Last
I mean, I say Gaben, but it was probably a decision made by the company as a whole. He probably doesn't actually get to dispense justice and wisdom like the deity we treat him as. Still. Probably the smart move on their part. The devs did get a note from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Good on Valve then, it doesn't really matter to me who made the decision. It was corrected, good for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Oh Bliss, you so silly:
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Anyone who's driven on the roads here can confirm that that's fairly tame as an average day goes.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Ranger Rangers to his last Ranger-breath
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:02 am

And, afore I retire for the evening, Merry Hogswatch
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:31 am

Ahh, TSO~♡
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:07 pm

I've just found out that I'm allergic to: dust, feathers/down, and blooming Artemisia plants (like sagebush). And it may manifest as some form of asthma.

This sucks.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Ouch - sorry to hear that
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow, that really sucks, hope it wouldn't manifest into that.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Sorry to hear that Val, have the doctor's said if there's anything you can do to reduce the chances? Or is it just a wait and see situation?

Completely unrelated but I saw Django Unchained, I'd seen a couple other Tarantino movies recently and enjoyed them, but still I don't have much patience for movies. Two hours and forty five minutes later it hadn't lost my attention at all, if you guys haven't seen it I would recommend it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:46 pm

I've been told to use two inhalers (a glucocotricoid and a bronchodilator) for the next two months, apparently it may help.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm

I used to have fairly bad asthma that's mostly gotten better now; I can attest that it does, in fact, suck.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Good luck Val, I hope that does the trick for you. I had Asthma as a kid but I was so young that I have no memory of it.

Ty, MGS5 ground zeroes is on sale on XBLA for a little under $7 so if you still wanna pick it up this is a good time to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Steam Sale is live

and of course Steam is down...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Ranger Up on The Interview:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

DOBBY IS FREEEEE!!!!

At least until the next semester begins.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Not that I'm aware of. They just came down with a nasty case of what the Docs refer to as "Bitch-made Syndrome" and decided that they should bend over for the same limp-dicked gaggle of retards that have been threatening to start shit they don't have the balls to finish for fifty years (albeit under the regime of a new leader who also resembles a Twinkie that someone put in a suit)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:04 pm

@Robo
Awesome! Hope finals went well, and that the vacation's looking good.

@The Interview
In fairness to Sony, a bunch of big theater chains had already dropped the film, but if they really have no plan to release this thing that's pretty bad no matter how you look at it. Maybe some really heavy stuff from the hack's being held back in exchange for no release of the movie? It really does seem absurd to not at least cash in with an emergency online release if there was a credible threat to theaters (which has absolutely not been confirmed, last I heard).

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:15 pm

It's really, really hard to justify being scared of fucking North Korea, honestly.

In other news, "Blackguards" just appeared with no fanfare and no warning in my Steam Library. I'm quite scared. I'm going to open it and it's going to eat my fucking soul or something and I'll have no choice but to make a creepypasta about it. The alternative, that someone I know is actually generous and gave it to me, is equally terrifying.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next