Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Yeah, those are old games that some consider to be up there with the Thrawn Trilogy in being the foundation of the Expanded Universe

I still play Outcast and Academy to this day and enjoy them immensely

"No bounty on you...what a shame":
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 D308520CF38E94D580F2D12FB755230AAEE01471
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Epsilon on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:54 pm

That's a shame, really. I really enjoyed Outcast/Academy. Kyle Katarn was easily one of my favorite characters from the Expanded Universe. Hopefully we'll get to see at least a few familiar faces from other games/books in Episode VIII.

Good memories from Jedi Academy, though. Anyone here also played the lugormod?
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:01 pm

No, but I've played Jedi Academy MP for few years. But not that mod.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:06 pm

#Gainaxing
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Because Equality.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:08 pm

It's possible that you've seen an older version of this picture.

http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-Spaceships-398790051
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Because Equality.
Yup:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 127174

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:42 pm

I've just beated DA:I...it was AWESOME. Haven't complete 2 or 3 'board' missions though. And all of the DLC's they will release in future (duh).
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Dayum. 

I thought I was going fast and I'm not even through the first real part of the main quest. I have been doing a whole shitton of side quests though.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 pm

I had very little sleep, cuz of DA:I so...I've beated it in a week or so :D
Couldn't find all the shards and one dragon though..might be in location, that was closed for me or...will be in DLC.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Isn't it awesome?

I bitched about the 360 version's graphics for the first hour of gameplay. I was then consumed by how fucking excellent the game is for the next fifteen.

This is so unbelievably true:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 851991
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:16 pm

My character had half-closed eyes in all cut-scenes...net time I'll make character, his/her eyes will be like on 2nd frame.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:18 pm

That's a dangerous road. My elf has eyes that are slightly too freakishly gigantic, but it's far too late to change her now. I'll have to remember that when I eventually get on to a Qunari playthrough.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:#Gainaxing

Is it a bad thing that I can't tell if the first person is being judgemental over anime tits or if they're joking?

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Rainbow Rocks:
I watched Rainbow Rocks again and I was reminded of how much I hate Rainbow Dash.
She's just a massive jerk the entire ordeal... but they added "cheater" to her character this time around, too. Turned off a game console when she was losing to AJ, silenced the others when the Dazzlings swayed the judges into giving them the win. Grinned the entire time, too. The important part was that she won, and she couldn't have been happier, even while everyone else in the group looked nervous and worried.
I already liked Trixie but, even if I hadn't, I think I would have after she showed up at the stage to stand up to them stealing her win and then dumped the lot in a hole after Rainbow Dash's little quip about her being a loser.
Even after everything's made up at the end, supposedly still on high-octane friendship magic, she still is reluctant to accept the idea of someone else being anything but "backup" to her lead-everything role in the band.

It was really a perfect portrayal of the character and everything I hate about her.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah, on reflection, she was kind of a chode in that movie. That's what I dislike about FiM's writing--for all the supposed "character-driven" plots, and all the praise it gets for its distinctive characters, it's worse than a lot of other shows at screwing with established characterization for the sake of the plot, and for bringing out the near-forgotten "quirks" of the characters' personalities at the perfect moment to make them absolutely intolerable.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:57 pm

For some reason, I remembered Rainbow Dash in the show at least having a preference for fair play.
I'm having a difficult time remembering when she displayed that, though.
Running of the leaves both RD and AJ cheated. In the Ironpony competition RD used her wings to win in the last round, which I felt was cheating since she used them to yank AJ off the ground into the air and drop her directly down into the mud puddle. That's not really how tug-of-war works and I don't get how she "won" there.
Skip ahead to the next competition she was in at the Wonderbolt Academy, IIRC, and her reluctance at the idea of cutting corners seemed to come from multiple angles. Worries about getting someone hurt, the basic fact that doing so DID get her wing hurt, worries about getting caught, etc... She seemed kinda suppressed that entire episode, though.
After that was the competition with her team of Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps. It wasn't quite cheating, but she did eventually decide that helping the Wonderbolts to supplant Soarin on their team, as well as abandoning her own, wasn't cool. Kinda like how she eventually realizes setting Fluttershy into slavery during that big swap meet episode wasn't cool.

So yeah, she's an awful piece of crap, but most episodes she eventually realizes it.

Edit:
Then, like Fluttershy's repetitive "assertiveness" episodes, she forgets again before the next.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:25 am

Yes, that last point is something I've noticed as well.

"Twilight, don't stress over dumb shit."
"A'ight" *Flips shit over another assignment from Celestia due to the questionable fucking relationship there*

"Fluttershy, quit pussyfooting your way through life and grow a pair."
"A'ight" *Breaks down in tears because someone frowned at her*

"Applejack, work that stick out of your ass."
"A'ight" *Works self and whole family to death*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 am

It's weird how they're willing to do something like make Twilight a princess but not willing to have her develop in such a more organic way.
The show does progression and has done so since the beginning with ticketmaster, the dress episode, then the royal ball. It's odd that they'd be willing to do that but not have characters grow at all.
The show is great in so many ways other than that one.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

Eh, I find that the way problems are dealt with in the show (in the slice-of-life sense, not the "rampaging demon" sense) is hard to relate to. Perhaps I'm, like, Type-A personality, or "assertive", or just kind of an asshole, but my response to dealing with a 'bully' or the general jackasses that the cast deal with generally isn't as kind as theirs. That's not even just a civilian thing--me and other lower-enlisted guys have gotten E5's and E6's who were being retarded to shut the fuck up (their duty to enforce discipline does not entitle them to abuse, belittle, or harass their subordinates, and anyone with a spine is free to stand up to them)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

@Kyle Katarn, Traviss must've loved him too, considering what she named the RC's iconic badass armor.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:20 am

I think we all know how Jesus feels:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 10155783_833127380077979_4509669173168806671_n

Also, this is inspiring
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:42 am

Tonight I dreamed that I was being stalked by Slenderman.

He annoyed me so much that I counter-stalked him. This really through off his groove.

Turns out he was just being *-dere.

I think he was sorry in the end. Stopped bothering me.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:47 am

Also, don't underestimate the power of the internet and memes when it comes to marketing and reviving old careers:

Eating the Subway (fast-food), the radio was playing "Never Gonna Give You Up". Unironically, as far as I can judge.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:18 am

@Swicked: Yeah... they really keep throwing Rainbow under the buss because of plot con or "character development". Whether or not it actually contradicts their prior lessons or actions.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:50 pm

My problem with the shows writing is that they have trouble reflecting the characters growth and showing hints of the character's complexity in episodes that don't focus on them. Pinkie gets surprisingly complex and sympathetic in Party of One and Pinkie Pride, but becomes a brainless idiot with a very punchable face in Three's a Crowd or Fili Vanili. Lets not even get on the topic of Spike who has like 4 different characterizations.

Last edited by Downloaded Skill on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: Yeah... they really keep throwing Rainbow under the buss because of plot con or "character development". Whether or not it actually contradicts their prior lessons or actions.
That seems to be the case for pretty much all of them, sadly. One of the things I don't like so much about MLP is that none of the characters ever seem capable of retaining the lessons they've learned once they've moved beyond the individual episodes. Fluttershy is a particularly notable offender of this. No matter how many times she supposedly overcomes her timid nature, you can bet that she'll be right back to it once the next episode rolls around.

In other news, this is absolutely brilliant.
Spoiler:
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:34 pm

@FIM
I think part of the problem with the show's inconsistent characterization is directly linked to the popularity of the individual characters. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie are easily the most wildly popular characters in the show, and as a result, the writers and studio executives are most concerned with upsetting their formulas. They end up having more focus episodes and less overall growth.  As Epsilon said above, Fluttershy is easily the worst offender, especially since she's probably the most popular of the M6 and hers is the most simplistic of the show's characterizations (her personality is that she's quiet, nice, and good with animals). Her popularity has meant that she's had the most focus episodes and the relative simplicity of her characterization has meant that she's the most unchanged. That's why, after like five episodes where she "learned" how to be more assertive, she's still exactly the same as in the first episode.

By contrast, you have Twilight and Rarity, who are sort of in the middle of the pack in terms of popularity. Their relative popularity means that they've had a decent number of focus episodes to develop while still allowing them room to grow without upsetting the status quo. As a result, Twilie and Rarity are easily the most nuanced of the Mane 6 and the only ones who seem to actually grow over the course of the show.

And lastly, there's Applejack. Poor AJ suffers from being the least popular of the main cast, causing her to have the least number of focus episodes (at this point, I'm pretty sure that the CMC have had more episodes than her). As a result, she's probably the least developed of the main cast. She's different from Fluttershy in that Flutters has a stagnant personality, while AJ has, like, an accent. There is depth to her character (her strong sense of family, her sense of personal responsibility, her undying love for Rainbow Dash which is totally there), but it just rarely gets the development it deserves.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:16 pm

I enjoy Rainbow Dash and Applejack due to their competitive and unchanging natures

I can honestly say I hate Pinkie Pie, if only because she's a pain in the arse to write for...

There's a few people that can pull it off to the point I can hear her voice; with almost everyone else, it looks like Pinkie Pie, but it acts like Pinkamena

Although mellow PP is a nice change of pace from hyperactive drug addict, so....eh

My hopes from Season Five are mainly "Give Luna some more development (confirmed) and give at least ONE CMC their Cutie Mark" (unconfirmed)

Although there is that 100th Episode Special for Background Ponies to look forward to...watch it be obscure characters that no one ever looks for in crowd scenes

"Good" Morning:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 19 Lazy_sunday_by_hak2-d6uwbj4

Last edited by Vinylshadow on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Epsilon wrote:In other news, this is absolutely brilliant.
Spoiler:
...I feel like I'm missing the joke, here.

Scienza wrote:her undying love for Rainbow Dash which is totally there)
AJ's pretty darn stoic and sarcastic. It felt a bit jarring how angry she was getting at Rarity's suggestions as to what they wear in Rainbow Rocks. Usually AJ would have just rolled her eyes and gone along with it.
From a shipping perspective, she's really the only one I could ever see going with RD. No matter how much of an insufferable jackass Rainbow Dash is to everyone around her, Applejack would just sigh and put up with it. Every prank, every mean comment, every boast of how everyone should adore her because she's so awesome. The only person in the show more stoic than Applejack is Big Mac, after all, but yeah... pretty obvious all the reasons why that wouldn't work out.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next