Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Parahumans RP

:: Roleplay

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Parahumans RP

Post by Tytan on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:16 pm

(Let me know if this isn't okay)

The corpses were hot on Delta's heels, maybe twenty feet behind him and he was only just outpacing them. Crossing through the middle of one of the streets he was very nearly run over by a motorcycle.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 pm

The motorcycle screeched to a screaming halt as it narrowly avoided Delta, almost falling and throwing its rider from the sudden veering turn. 

The rider tore her helmet off as she dismounted the bike. Dark, messy hair tumbled around her shoulders as the helmet came free; tattoos visible on the neck left uncovered by her jacket, framing a tanned face. 

A face currently bearing narrow eyes and a deep scowl. 

"Are you fuckin' blind, weirdo?"
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Delta turn and tried to sputter an apology, an explanation, and a warning all at the same time before he finally pointed and yelled, "FUCKING ZOMBIES!"
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:51 pm

The anger drained from Val's face in an instant as she heard the scuffling sounds coming from the alleyway, saw the emaciated, shambling freaks starting to emerge. She strode forward, ignoring the pain in her leg and stepping between the mindless crowd and the apparent civillian.

"Get somewhere safe. Now." Her tone was calm and even as she held out her hands, where arcing bluish energy gathered into orbs and ran like little electric currents up her arms. She let them shimmer menacingly, building power as she hoped that, by some chance, the obvious danger would deter the freaks.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 pm

The corpses were resoundingly unimpressed. They continued forward, eyes fixed on the young man, and actually streamed around the woman.

Delta was frozen on the spot, fear overwhelming him. The temperature in the area kicked up a few degrees.

One of the more fit dead pulled ahead of the others. Delta's heart raced, feet stuck as the head zombie closed.

*CRACK*

When the zombie was just a foot away from Delta a bolt of lightning peeled off Delta's body and struck the corpse in the head.

Faster than Delta could blink the things head was wreathed in flame, eyes exploded, and brains leaking out it's ears.

Delta teetered, suddenly very tired, and nearly fell over.

Even the walking dead seemed to pause for a second.

The body fell.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Deca didn't dare let herself stop to share the zombies' stupor. She turned on her heel, letting two bolts fly at the two zombies nearest the dazed Delta, packed with enough power to fry a normal man's nervous system. She didn't even watch them land before she began letting more loose towards the other shambling drones. As she turned to deliver more bolts to the ones that had been behind her, she lashed out with a foot, sending a bolt splashing onto the concrete by Delta's foot. A translucent version of the heroine appeared, grabbing Delta by the shoulders to lead him away from the fighting.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 pm

((Concoct being pleased with the mission isn't ironic. He can control his brain chemistry and long since decided he preferred a feeling of bubbly euphoria over anger, sadness, fear, etc.
He can and will be happy with anything anyone says or suggests, no matter what it is. You could tell him he's going to be burned to death and his response could range between anything from a bad pun (So, you say you're going to make me really hot, huh?) to oddly curious (Oooh! I've never done that before!). He'd still rather not die, but you'd see no sign of aversion to the threat. It makes him kinda creepy.))

At her side, Arachne's phone vibrated. After Longbow had retreated from sight, she answered.

"Arachne here." she said, trying to keep the aggravation at Hippogryph, Longbow, Vibora... hell, the entire night, out of her voice.

"Arachne?" Panoptes said, a tremor to his voice. "We have a problem."

"We always have a problem." Arachne growled. "Who's trying to kill us, now?"

"The Sultans. It took me a while to piece together the details, but their current unrest is due to them looking for something. Someones. It sounds like Noctus was closing in for a kill when we beat it at that job earlier."

"So, being the spoiled little murderer he is, he's throwing a hissy fit and getting every Sultan he can wrapped up in tracking down the kids he wanted to stab." Arachne pouted sarcastically. "Boo hoo."

"...well, I would have put it differently, but that's the gist, yeah. You'd think he'd never lost a target before." Panoptes said, a bit taken aback by Arachne's cavalier attitude.

"Pfft, these psychopaths always forget their own failings." Arachne huffed. "Give him a week and anyone that so much as mentions that he doesn't have a completely unbroken record will have their face carved off."

"...you sound a bit more angry and reckless than usual." Panoptes remarked.

"Hippogryph was screwing with us, so I removed him." Arachne replied, trying and failing to make her voice sound calm. Conversational.

"...but he's the head of a cell. The elected head of a cell."

"I know."

"You... I thought you couldn't do that."

"I just did." There was an aggression to her tone that she didn't like. That Panoptes didn't deserve. She muted him and took a few deep breaths, letting them out slowly.

Panoptes was speechless for a bit, then cleared his throat and continued. "We can... deal... with that later. Right now you need to scram. Almost all the cell traffic has been going either to or from a single phone, so I started listening in on that one and, sure enough, it's Noctus'. I guess, if there's a silver lining, it's that... plus the fact that I've logged the number of every phone his has been connecting to, so we've got a sizable amount of their membership available for eavesdropping and even tracking for those that leave their GPSs on. Anyway, I've got a little hardware set up on some of the cell towers around here that I could use to start filtering out any traffic heading to or from him, but he'd probably just switch to someone else's phone the second that happened, so I'd have to do it strategically... unless I were to just take out the towers entirely. Which would be counterproductive, to say the least."

Unmuting herself, Arachne cut in, "Long story short, like you said, I need to scram." She was already back to her moped with her helmet and goggles on.

"You need to scram." Panoptes echoed. "Take one of the more discrete entrances to the tinker hideout and stay there."

"Sure. I was actually going to do that, anyway. Arachne out."

Arachne looked around, noting she was the last one on the lot. If Sultans were watching her now, the only thing holding them off would probably be Noctus's demand that he be the one to kill her. Typical supervillain megalomania. She took off, sticking to alleys and backstreets with a preference for anything  narrow-enough that nothing larger than a motorcycle could even attempt to make it through, making a B line for the nearest concealed entrance.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Delta was light headed, stumbling every couple of steps, but he managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other as the apparent cape lead him away from the battle.

When they eventually stopped Delta had to support himself on a wall to keep from falling down. Between panting for air he managed to curse, "Fuck!"

A couple blocks away Trackmark was stunned by the lightning not only cooking one of her bodies, but the actual sound of rolling thunder. Her concentration was broken. When she regained control she found her bodies were falling one by one and there was nothing she could do about it.

When the last one fell she threw up her hands in dismay.

Expletives streamed from her mouth in no particular order. She stalked off, trying to think of what she could possibly do now.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:52 pm

With a small crack, like thunder in miniature, the semi-solid clone was replaced by the real, flesh-and-blood Deca, and the clone was where she'd been standing, fighting just as hard. She put his arm around her shoulders and hooked her other arm under his, supporting the bulk of his weight as she began half-leading, half-dragging him further from the fight. 

"C'mon, stay with me until we're clear of this. I don't know how many more of those things there are." She lead him into the run-down apartment building they'd been leaning against, setting him gently down on the stairs before slamming the door shut and doing what she could to lock or prop it closed.

"Alright. My double's seeing that there's not many left. Just wait here a sec and catch your breath, then we'll try to head somewhere more secure--my apartment's less than a block away. Reinforced doors, weapons, comms....better situation to deal with this." Heeding her own advice, she leaned heavily on the door. Adrenaline rush dimming, she screwed her eyes shut and lifted her leg gingerly, feeling the pain throb in time with her heartbeat. On any other day, this wouldn't have been a problem. With her leg already hurting on an already bad day...not so much.

"Fantastic...." She muttered to herself. "This is exactly what I wanted to be doing when I finally got off work....."
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:55 pm

(Sorry it took so long to respond, and that it's so short)

"Are you okay? Did one of them get you?"
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Val shook her head, waving off his question as she slowly stood straight, away from the supporting wall. A deep ache was settling in from what felt like her midsection all the way down to her foot, and the thigh itself felt like it was made of Jello, a burning lance of pain matching every beat of her heart or every twitch. If she didn't get home soon, she feared she'd re-fracture it again.

"It's a....pre-existing condition." She looked to him, her previous protective instinct giving way to wariness. "I saw what you did to the one that got close to you. You're a cape, too?"

((Sorry if I couldn't find it or missed it, but I'm not recalling a physical description of Delta.))
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:22 pm

(I didn't really give one. Just imagine an average college student.)

"Yea... No... Sorta. I didn't even know I could do that... Lightning thing. I mean, I know I can do this," he held up a hand and sent a couple fat sparks arcing between them, "but never anything like that."

Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Deca looked at the young man curiously, nodding her understanding. "Seems pretty useful. You ever think about signing up for the Protectorate?" She limped her way closer, sitting down on the stairwell beside him. She was fairly confident, at this point. that the guy wasn't the type to attack the woman who'd saved him--and wouldn't get very far if he did.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Delta sighed, "I've thought about it. I just... I don't know. It doesn't seem like a good idea."
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:27 pm

(Does he recognize who Val is yet? He didn't seem to react much to her being a cape nor her talk of the Protectorate)

Val sighed as she leaned back on the stairs, running a hand through her unruly hair in an attempt to push it from her face. "I know this shit can be....stressful. But the shit going on...there are people out there that make whatever that was seem like a Sunday picnic. And, honestly, we can't do this on our own. We need to get every cape we can to stand with us, or what's coming is gonna be like Tyrant all over again."
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 pm

(He didn't.)

"We?"

(But now he did.)

"Oh shhhit," the bottom fell out of Delta's stomach, "Deca?"
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Deca quirked an eyebrow as she noticed the hush in his voice, the apprehension on his face, the sudden tension in his movements. 

"Yes, yes. I know I have a very majestic presence. Larger-than-life." She, in fact, tended to be seen in her rare media appearances as the person on the team most wishing she was somewhere else. "Sorry, I don't do autographs. Not an ego thing; my handwriting just sucks."
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:12 pm

"No, sorry. I just, ah... I didn't recognize you. I mean, I didn't expect you to be, well, you."
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Val shrugged as she looked down, reminded of her casual, almost slovenly clothing and the tattoos that traced her muscular figure.

"Yeah, not exactly the typical 'superheroine' look, I know." She glanced over to Delta. "But, since you've seen my face and all, you might as well just call me 'Valerie.' What do you go by?"
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Delta hesitated for a moment, "Jack. But I sorta think of myself as Delta, because of how my powers work."
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Valerie gave a small nod and made an awkward attempt at a friendly smile. "It's nice to meet ya, Jack." She paused as she turned her head toward the door, as if remembering her doppleganger was still out there. "It's been quiet for a few minutes now. We should get moving." With another grimace, she rose to her feet. "You feel okay enough to walk a ways? My place is safe enough for now; We'll see about keeping you that way once we're there." She extended her hand to Jack to help him up.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Jack stood up straight, 'Yeah, yeah I'm good. That... Bolt or whatever just really took it out of me."

Jack paused for an awkward moment, "And thanks for helping me."
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Valerie nodded, waving it off with a somewhat more comfortable grin. "It's the job." She opened the door, heading out onto the street cautiously as she looked around. Her clone had already begun walking her bike down the street toward a building in somewhat better shape. She waved for Jack to follow as she began the slow, painful walk toward her home.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:25 am

Jack followed her closely, his head on a swivel, as they went to the building. Nervousness subconsciously kicked in his powers and the cool night went to being a warm afternoon. At least in terms of temperature.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:50 am

Val's clone was taking the bike over to the small attached garage as she led Jack onto the building's elevator. As always, it made a suspicious groaning sound and a small screech as it began to ascend toward her apartment on the fifth floor, but she was in no mood to attempt the stairs, with how her leg was feeling. The thought reminded her that, God willing, she was done driving and done fighting for the night, so she reached into a jacket pocket and fished around until she pulled out a small prescription bottle. With hands slightly twitching and shaking from a mixture of the fading adrenaline and the persistent pain, she pried the cap off and shook out several of the small white pills, downing them dry on the spot.

The result was near-immediate. The deep ache in her leg rapidly subsided to a low thrum, almost unnoticeable, while her chest felt open and light, her skin prickling with goosebumps as if a cool breeze touched it. It felt strangely warm in the small elevator, but she didn't particularly want to say anything. Not much made a first impression on a new person like asking about things that weren't there. She'd not taken enough to hit her hard, mentally, but, even so, the immediacy of the situation, the danger of just minutes prior and the earlier fight, the urgency to find somewhere safe for this guy to stay, all dimmed and hushed, like a cool white sheet had been cast over it.

She was so distracted by these thoughts--she told herself--that it was a space of several heartbeats before she noticed the elevator door was already open.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:02 am

Jack had already taken a few steps out of the elevator before he realized Val wasn't following. He turned back and
Put a foot in the elevator, "Wrong floor?"
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:21 am

Val squeezed her eyes shut before blinking several times, refocusing them. She gave a quick shake of her head; more of a twitch. 

"N-no, thi-this is the one." Her jaw, lips and tongue felt quick and light and full of energy, but so fumbling and clumsy at the same time. Likewise, her fingers clenched and unclenched or drummed and tapped against her thigh. She stepped forward, and the lances of pain that would have come with the movement were replaced by a pleasant tingle. Just a few doors down the hallway, she stopped and fished out her keys--then read, re-read, and again re-read the number to make sure it was the right one--before fumblingly managing to get the key into the lock and opemed up the small, rather bare apartment.

There was virtually nothing in the way of decoration. The building appeared to be a converted warehouse, and, consequently, the walls and ceiling were bare concrete. From the main room, there were two bedrooms and a bathroom directly connected, and a kitchen adjacent to the living space. Aside from one couch, a dusty television, and whatever was in the bedrooms, there didn't seem to be much beside safes of various sizes there.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:26 am

Jack looked around, the look on his face was part mystified and part confused. He struggled for something to say. 

"It's, uh, homey," he said lamely.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:20 am

Though the pain was largely numbed, Deca still wasted no time in collapsing onto the beat-up leather couch with a sigh. 

"I try." She gave as a belated response to his remark, still stumbling and stuttering as her tongue sort of just.....did its own thing in her mouth. Perhaps she'd gone a bit heavy on the dosage. "Not exactly what you'd get livin' in the Tower, but...." She stopped, having reminded herself of why they were here. "Yeah, we should call them and report some shit, shouldn't we? And, like, find somewhere for you to stay where you won't get mauled." She managed to find her cellphone in her pockets and began dialing with clumsy fingers.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:25 am

"I could probably head back to my apartment," he said, "I live in the neighborhood."

It took Delta a second to realize why they had to call it in, "Oh god we left a pile of bodies in the middle of the road. What's the Protectorate protocol, not to mention the laws, take on murdering dead people?"
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down