Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Parahumans RP

:: Roleplay

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Parahumans RP

Post by Ironmonger on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Taking a sip of his drink, Angus looked up at the television with a look of concentration. It took a moment for everything to click, and then he sighed after realization struck him. "Gangs..." he whispered to himself. "The jet lag must be still working on me a bit. I'm actually a little familiar with this sort of thing myself," he said, speaking quietly so that he wasn't talking over the news. He took a longer, slower drink as a few distant memories of old friends flooded back to him. "The bastards think they can steal from or hurt anyone they want and get away with it..." He glanced down at her curiously with a raised eyebrow. "How long have that lot been running around here, Miss...?"

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Val's reply died on her lips as she heard Ranger's voice over the intercom, uncharacteristically intense for their normally unflappable, laid-back leader. With a groan and a small grimace of pain, she rose, grabbing her drink as she began the short, but painful limp towards the debriefing room. She paid little mind to her disheveled state--her teammates had grown to expect it by now. 

Slingshot's eyes snapped open as he heard the intercom message. With a small sigh, he stood up and tiredly shook his head. As riled-up as Ranger sounded, he could wait until Twitch's stitches were done before going to the debriefing. He wasn't about to just ditch her in her state.
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:59 pm

The giant was starting to catch Vector's attention. Shared opinions tended to do that.

"Bagge, and a while... too long."

She took a sip of her drink.

Together the twins headed to the debriefing room, Jamie grabbing another beer on her way out.
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Ranger waited until everyone was seated before beginning. Standing at the head of the table, he briefly looked each of the assembled heroes in the eyes before speaking.

"I'd like to begin by saying that Anesthesia is injured, but that Doctor Whitfield believes that she's going to be alright. However, what happened tonight is most definitely not.

They've made a move into Downtown, which we can not allow. Patrols are going to be doubled, with at least three capes per patrol. When we're ready we're going to hit them where it hurts. We need to show them and the city that we aren't going to let something like this slide."

[Sorry, Ty, tactical retcon. Ranger probably sounds excessively angry at his team earlier, but that's farther than I wanted to go.]

Last edited by Scienza on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Jamie took a long pull from her beer before she spoke, "Three capes? We had more than that and we still got our asses handed to us by the Sultans."

Another drink, "Taurus wasn't even there and they made us look like a bunch of incompetents!"

Last edited by Tytan on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Concoct sat at something vaguely similar to attention, scabs covering many of the little holes Vibora had inadvertently put in his body. Or advertantly, he couldn't be sure. One of the science-y people on staff had long-since shown him a chemical-whatever that was immediately deadly to invertebrates and slightly less deadly to humans. While he couldn't, for the life in him, remember what the stuff was called, he maintained the ability to produce isolated pockets of the stuff around the worms that woman got into him. He'd spent the majority of the fight simply trying to subdue the officers she'd taken over. For all Vibora's lack of fine control she was decent-enough with grenades.

Truth be told, he wouldn't lose sleep over it. He'd done what he could against someone he couldn't even lay a hand on. He couldn't help wondering how more patrols would necessarily fix the problem of most of the assembled heroes and officers not having the ability to counter the worm woman, but I was easier just to nod his head and let the guy feel useful.

Last edited by swicked on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Val leaned back in her chair, once more lifting up her leg to rest it on the table. She folded her arms as she met Ranger's gaze. She'd been facing down parahuman criminals since she was just a normal woman with nothing but a badge and a gun. It would take more than his angry tirade to intimidate her.

"The Sultans ain't exactly the punk-asses that used to run around downtown. Go charging in with guns blazing, and all that'll get done is Taurus gets pissed off and more people die for no goddamn reason so your conscience can be clear while you knock up everything in a skirt." Her jaw was set, her gaze meeting his steadily. Maybe she was letting her frustration slip out again, but she didn't particularly care at this point--she'd come within inches of getting shot a hundred times over tonight, and she wasn't about to sit here and get chewed out by her 'fearless leader' when he swaggered in from some Uptown party as the Sultans were already skipping their happy asses back home.

Will stiffened as he heard Deca's sharp reply. He knew she often took up the role of keeping Ranger grounded from time to time, and it wasn't any secret she held the team's leader in little esteem in any regard, but Will couldn't help but think she'd gone too far. There was nothing to be gained by picking fights now, and even less to be gained by driving a wedge into their already-battered team.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:25 am

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Bagge." Angus glanced back up at the TV, and his face became slightly more serious. "The gangs back in my home town weren't nearly this bad, as far as I know. Didn't exactly get to find out much for myself as a kid." He took a small drink of his whiskey, bringing the bottle to the halfway point. However, he didn't seem even a little drunk. "All I know is that the law eventually caught up with them. I just wish I was a part of the police at the time."

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:02 am

Ideas were brewing in Vector's head, "Too bad our cops can't get their shit together. Protectorate not doin' much better."
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 am

Angus was about to take another drink when the word "Protectorate" was mentioned. Raising an eyebrow, he lowered the bottle from his mouth, and he turned his head to her. "Really, now? I would have thought that a group like the Protectorate would have better performance against gangs of all things." He looked back up at the TV as he took a small sip of his drink. "Then again, I don't have the right to judge. I can't explain that," he said, gesturing at the TV with the mouth of his bottle. He wasn't sure how a gang could cause so much damage, unless they had heavy weapons or weren't just regular people.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:26 am

"The Protectorate," Vector spat, "Socialites, drug addicts, and crazies. The only ones worth a damn are the Wards, and they're fucking kids!"
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Maria was sitting in front of one of the numerous workbenches scattered around the ground floor of the old warehouse she used as her lair, working on toy robots she had bought earlier that day, when her phone rang. Absent-mindedly, she touched the ring on her hear, and took the call.

“Yes, 'Bee? What is it?” She answered, still concentrated on the little robot in front of her.

“Olà, 'Zee. I've got a job for you. Data-harvesting, double-standard pay, anonymous client. Standard clauses. I'm forwarding you the details through the usual channel.” Alberto's voice came warped from the other side of the phone, processed by a voice synthetiser of Maria's own design. On his side of the phone, Alberto could hear Maria's voice warped and anonymized in the same way.

“Then why call me? You know you can leave that in my inbox and I'll know about it almost instantly.” And indeed as she said that, one of her programs informed her of the new job in a corner of her vision, on her pair of glasses.

“I know, I know. I just wanted to talk a bit. Can I?” Even though the voice anonymizer took out most of the subtlety of the human speech, it left still enough for anyone to imagine Alberto smiling on the other side of the phone.

“Why not.” Maria's answer was neutral, detached, as she inserted a memory card into the toy in front of her. “Do you have anything particular to say?”

“Yes. Thanks to your work, business has been going up in the last year. So, to show you my appreciation, I decided to get you a gift.” Maria left the workbench to go sit in front of a terminal.

“Thank you for your appreciation. What is the gift, if I may ask?” She started typing into the terminal, so fast that the clicks of the keys being pressed seemed almost continuous.

“One million dollars, cash, and a permanent rise for all your jobs from now on.” She stopped typing for a few seconds, before starting again.

“That is most generous on your behalf.” Behind her, the robot got on its feet, and started looking around. “Is there anything more I should know?”

“Well, I simply hope we'll keep doing business together. Apart from that, no, not anything specific.” The robot started to walk toward Maria, but it fell from the workbench.

“Thank you. It is always a pleasure doing business with you. Goodbye.” On these words, she touched her earring and closed the call, before getting up from her chair and walking up to the robot on the floor. “This is going to need a little more work...” she spoke to herself.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Ranger visibly bristled, hands and teeth clenching in anger. After taking a moment to steady himself, he turned to Deca.

"We will have words," he growled.

"Look, I won't lie to y'all and say this is going to be easy, because it's not. The reason we need to to do this is that we don't got any other options. From a philosophical standpoint, it's about image. The only thing keeping most of the Southbridge sons of bitches out of Downtown is the hard-won knowledge that we keep it safe, that you don't, pardon my french, fuck with our patrols because we keep the goddamn peace. If we let the Sultans go north of Bridge, we could lose control of Showstopper, the Myths, or any of the other villains we've so far managed to keep contained.

The other thing is practical. I wasn't going to mention this now, but I guess you all deserve to know. With the last Endbringer attack, the Protectorate ain't got a whole lot of spare heroes lying around. We ain't getting any reinforcements any time soon, which means that we can't afford to let this become a war of attrition. This means that one, we gotta take out the bastards as quickly as possible, and two, it means we gotta go into recruitment overdrive. High school visits and reaching out to the more reasonable rogues and vigilantes. Especially since we're already one Ward down, we need all the capes we can get."
He turned to the rest of the group, his expression softening but leaving the fire in his eyes just as bright.
"Any questions from the rest of you?"
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Val had plenty of questions, for her part, but they weren't exactly the sort that the Wards' young ears were meant to hear.

"If we're going all-out with this, might as well dip into the discretionary fund and shell out for some mercenaries, too. There's a few out there that would go after Taurus and his buddies for the right price. They're usually the crazy ones, but they're out there. All the patrolling will only spread us too thin to do shit, and all a full-out assault will do is get the Sultans to go balls-to-the-wall and get a lot of blood runnin' in the streets. If we're going to take Taurus out now--" Rather than the several years he spent building his power while you were getting wasted and laid, She thought. "--Then we'll have to be careful, smart, and more than a little sneaky. It won't be pretty, and it won't be clean."

"Not so tense with the grip, there. Slight rearward pressure, just enough to keep the stock shouldered. Not so much you'll tire out."

John gave a miniscule nod, and the tension drained from his slight frame with his next slow breath.

"Good, good. When you're ready, go ahead and squeeze the trigger. Remember your followthrough, and don't rush. You've got all the time in the world."

Several long moments passed as the boy breathed ponderously slowly, his body near-totally still save for the rise and fall of his back as he laid on the wooden deck. At long last, the .22 caliber rifle twitched in his hands, and the glass bottle some two hundred yards distant shattered at the neck, right on the narrowest portion of the container.

John's face was lit up with glee as he quickly opened the bolt, letting the rifle's single round pop out with a small puff of smoke, and flipped the selector to 'safe' before he handed the rifle back to the man knelt beside him. 

"I did it, dad! Right on the first shot!" His wide-mouthed, toothy smile was met by Tobias' own grin as the man ruffled his son's dark, shaggy hair.

"You're a better shot now than I was at twenty, dude." The two of them stood up from the chilly wooden timbers, the boy opening the sliding glass door for his father as the two of them headed back into their home. Tobias set down the small rifle down on the kitchen table alongside a small collection of other firearms. Most, like the rifle, were designed for teaching and practice for young shooters, like the 11-year old that now took a seat before a large and extensive cleaning kit.

The two settled in after Tobias had started up the oven for their dinner, working with practiced efficiency to clear the carbon and dust from the weapons. As they worked, John idly chatted about his, as typical, bizarre day at school. 

"So Trevor says his big brother is gay now, and keeps talking like it's a bad thing, which I don't get. I mean, as long as you use protection to make sure God doesn't give you death-AIDS for your depravity, there's nothing really wrong with it, right?" Tobias nodded in response as he ran a brush down the bore of a .410 shotgun.

"Pretty much. That's what I've learned in all, like, six or seven times I've gone to church. Jesus hates it when you have fun, because it's sin."

"Is that why they tell you not to shoot too high on the range?" The boy looked contemplative as he cleaned the lense of one rifle's optics. "Too many accidents happened when people tried to shoot God for being a jerk?" Tobias lowered down the weapon as he gave his son a flat look.

"John, I don't know how the hell you made that Evel Knievel-level leap in logic," His expression softened as he smiled. "But, by God, I've taught you well."

Last edited by Mister Frost on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:51 pm

[Hope I'm not interrupting]

Tract emerged from a rundown building and made her way into the dark street. There were no streetlights in this section of Southbridge there were also no drug dealers or prostitutes. This was the kind of place where sales ceased to exist and only robberies and muggings took their place.

There was little left here, only the most desperate of people took shelter in these building, some of which fell in line behind Tract. A dozen people sorrounded her none of them looked good, they reflected their leader in that way. She was a woman of average height donning dirty clothing that looked like it hadn't been changed in weeks, numerous red marks dotted the underside of her arms, and while she was drenched in sweat she still hugged her chest and shivered violently. One look at her face and you could see the havok drug abuse had wrought on her body. Though if you looked hard enough you might see evidence that Tract was a pretty woman once.

It was a good while before the group met the light of a district that was slightly better off then the one they'd come from. As one the group approached a young hispanic man leaning against a lamp post, anyone could tell who he worked for and what he was doing.

one by one Tract's followers reached into their pockets, some of them pulled out items while others kept their hands hidden gripping objects best kept out of sight. Tract went through each outstretched hand taking any money and knocking away any debris. She showed no care as she did this and grew increasingly anxious as she ran out of hands to check. The desperation she showed could likely rival that of a parent gathering ransom for their kidnapped child.

Three dollars is what Tract managed to scrape together.

At once the marked who had kept their hand hidden's pockets bulged. Tract's own hand stroked a needle she had in her pocket pricking the tip of her finger as she strongly considered adding a new member.

Luckily for the dealer and Tract they weren't the only ones out tonight. A man who looked like he hadn't bathed in a couple days but otherwise looked much better off than Tract or any of her marked was walking on the other side of the street.

Tract and her gang followed after. A few minutes after disappearing from sight the group returned with one new member Tract made the exchange. Twenty dollars for a small bag of brown powder. Then as quicly as they came they were gone.

They took one man but left behind a woman who died on the sidewalk.

Last edited by Last on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:39 pm

Ranger nodded.
"You're damn right it won't be clean, which is why I'm pulling the Wards off this case. These people are just too dangerous.

Deca, it's going to be brutal and bloody. And it's why I want you to lead the team that takes those bastards down."
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Will's eyes widened at the mention of being held back from the mission. He'd worked as hard as any of the Protectorate to take the Sultans down. Fought just as hard, bled just as much. He opened his mouth to reply, but Deca's sharp look and slight shake of her head. She gave a near-unnoticeable nod. They'd discuss this later, but for the time being, he fell silent.

Val looked back to Ranger and gave a terse nod. "I'll need some surveillance equipment; heroes and any willing rogues--maybe even a Ward or two--that won't look out of place in Southbridge. Give us a few days to stake the place; find out what we can so the whole district's not a blind spot."
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Ranger nodded, sweeping his eyes over the other capes in the room.
"We'll go over the specifics later. Until then, this meeting is adjourned. Rest up, team, it's only going to be harder from here,"
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:13 am

UTrue to form the twins didn't put any more in other than their concerns. Going with the flow after they'd aired them.

When the meeting was adjourned they headed to their adjacent rooms to get some sleep.

Booze and righteous indignation were going to Veronica's head. She was surprisingly coherent and coordinated for a drunk. She was one drink away from standing on her bar stool, and three away from falling off it.

"If the protectorate isn't going to do their job then we should. The people who get fucked by the Sultans and the fighting. Sure they've got powers, but the random citizens outnumber them, a hundred to one, maybe a thousand to one. And there have got to be Rogues in town. We could do something."

Last edited by Tytan on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:19 am

As Will and the other Wards and heroes began to filter out, Val was still slouched back in her seat, a tape-wrapped leg still propped up on the table. Perhaps it was that there were still things that needed discussion between them, that they needed to clear the air sooner than later, but it was mostly that she didn't want to keep llimping everywhere after a matter of moments to rest her aching leg.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:49 am

Two blocks from Protectorate headquarters flashlights waved in the windows of a glass and crystal shop.
Panoptes put waved to the others, putting down one of his complicated tinker toys. “It sounds like their meeting has ended. Patrols might be starting up again soon. We need to get out of here.”
Caelus groaned as he dropped figurines into a paper sack, the collected articles clacking loudly against each other. “Already? Not that I don’t find this entire outing pointless, but we’ve barely nabbed half the crap in here and we nab crap fast.”
“Just let me get some more of the aquatic ones.” Arachne replied, finally managing to pick open a glass case, arms appearing and disappearing rapidly as they grabbed the statuettes inside.
“You and your dolphins...” Caelus mocked. “I mean, they’re creepy and violent. Did you know they rape each other?”
“That’s a fucking lie and you know it.” Arachne spat. “Nothing even vaguely legitimate has reported anything of the sort.”
“Oh sure, your internet references are legitimate, mine are false and wrong. Wooo.” Caelus sneered, throwing more of the figures into his bag with louder and louder cracking sounds.
“That’s right, you freak. Now shut up. Panoptes, you said we should get going? Let’s get going.” Arachne stated, standing up and walking over to the other two, wiping her hands as she surveyed the half-empty store. Not their usual take, not the sort to be easy to sell, but dad said he thought there were some good stores about half a day’s drive from here that seemed to trade in the things fairly often. Besides, they were ever going to compare to the “high class” criminals, she figured they needed to have some “high class” stuff.
Caelus watched as the older boy nodded and hurried over, along with two others... a girl named “Griffin” (whether in real life or just for the mission, he wasn’t sure) and another named Nymph (more confident that wasn’t the real deal, there). Sighing, he tossed the bag to Panoptes and rolled his neck before reaching out. He felt the others grab hold and then felt as his body blew apart into a cloud of dust, expanding outwards as far as he could go before settling on one particular part atop a building several streets over, collapsing again before repeating the process twice more to get to a spot Arachne could disappear the rest of the merchandise and they could get back into plainclothes.
Hearing some commotion from the street below, he looked over the side of the building to see a small group walking under the few functioning streetlights.
“Vibora” Kally whispered beside him as his eyes focused on the woman leading the group.
“Kally!” Jeremy said in a whispered shout. Rex looked over to see his sister sporting four left hands, three of them holding coke bottles with rags stuffed in them, and a lighter in the last. She looked over and seemed startled they were there, herself, as she slowly walked away from the corner of the room to join the others, the arms rippling slightly as they phased away.
“Sorry, I don't know why my power does that sometimes, but I just... don’t like that woman. Literally everything about her gives me the creeps.” She shuddered as she went to the bags the others had dropped and proceeded to send the rest of them to whatever subspace realm she kept the rest of her stuff.
“Still not the kind of fight we’d want to pick on the fly.” Jeremy chided, eliciting an eye roll from both siblings.  “Just... finish quick, okay? I’ll keep watch.”

(Frost, you stated you had the Sultans about, and this was the best I could think of as a way to engage them, so your choice as to if this develops. The point of this post was really just to introduce my characters.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concoct resisted the urge to applaud as the speech ended. Shorted meeting yet, he thought, even if it did end on a rather dour note. Could have been even shorter if Deca hadn’t opened her mouth, but that’d probably of been expecting too much. He rewarded himself for being so good throughout the pointless meeting the same way he did all of them. A nice, gentle wave of endorphins flushed through his brain and he sighed in relaxation.
He wobbled a bit as he stood before removing the chemicals from his bloodstream yet again, walking out of the conference room with much more steadily than he had coming in, and falling in behind Deca. He honestly wasn’t sure if she’d want him for this ordeal, but volunteering for crap was what heroes did, right? So yeah. Chances were high he’d either be rejected or kicked off shortly, anyway. People tended to interpret his lackadaisical attitude as indicating he was unreliable or unfocused. Which it kinda was, he supposed, but mostly the decision to not get stressed. Life was short-enough as it was.
"So," he said, breaking the silence as he addressed Deca's back, "who do ya think you'll be taking with?"

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:18 am

[I'll wait to advance the Concoct/Deca interaction until Sci has a chance to take a turn with Ranger]

Even without her mask or half-exposed bodysuit, without the small pack of Sultans at her back, it was still clear to anyone who cared to look that Vibora was no ordinary woman. It was a rare sight to see anyone, let alone a young woman like her, walking the streets of Southbridge after the sun went down. Yet she strided forward confidently, her hair falling over one eye that bore a hard, focused look that could intimidate all but the most thick-skulled of any who saw it. Her narrow shoulders were set, her tall figure striding forward with a calm, confident pace.

A diminutive vibration tickled her hip, prompting her to pluck her compact cell phone from its case at her waist. A new text message, from Oculatus.

Oculatus was one of their newer members--as an initiated cape, he outranked all but the most seasoned of mundane Sultans, let alone any of the rabble that groveled at the Sultans' feet, but he was still a peon in the Sultans' parahuman rank structure. His power wasn't even all that impressive, really. A low-ranked Thinker, able to detect--and, to a limited extent, direct--the perceptions and focus of individuals in his range, and to leave a "field" of the effect surrounding a particular area. Useful enough for making shipments go virtually unnoticed and making daytime operations a bit more discreet, but not exactly hard-hitter material. It wasn't usual for such a low ranking member to be contacting her directly. There was another factor, though, that made the text odd.

He was standing less than twelve feet from her.

Being watched, The message read. Roof to our ten o'clock.

Vibora resisted the instinct to look at the rooftop in question. She presumed that, since Oculatus had raised it to her, the attention didn't seem to be a benign sort. And that was a game that the Sultans had people exactly for.

Her only real "equal" in the Sultans was a few blocks distant, wrapping up a matter of his own, but he could be here soon enough. She added her rough location to the text as she forwarded it to him, and she led her group nonchalantly toward a nearby storefront--a "client" of theirs, as a matter of fact. Pleasant fellow; always forthcoming with protection fees.

[Sorry if that seems a bit ass-pully, Swick. It's established that there are minor capes that work under the Sultans' leadership (and other players are encouraged to help fill in the ranks) so a character that could facilitate an interaction actually taking place seemed a logical step.]
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:50 am

(I missed the part about Noctus not being around. I figured he might be playing lookout, his shadow form being fast and difficult to spot. In any case, new cape is no problem.)

“Doofus, you chipped half the crap you threw in here” Kally hissed over her shoulder. “I keep... fuck.” She yanked a hand out, blood leaking from a couple fingers before the arm shimmered and the cut disappeared. Kicking the bag, she upended it on the roof, the figures clattering out.
“Kally! What part of ‘dangerous sociopaths incoming’ did you not understand!” Jeremy said, his voice not quite whispering anymore.
“The part where this’ll only take another thirty seconds, max.” Rex stated, walking over to his sister and patting her on the head. “Ain’t that right?”
“I swear, if you touch me again, you’re losing a hand.” Kally growled. “Fucking costing me enough here already.”
“Gimme a break, I... uh... Jeremy?” Rex muttered at the larger boy, who was suddenly standing very rigid and he looked over a smartphone.
“Uh... okay, so, was monitoring communications. You know, since there shouldn’t be much this time of night, and I felt a radio burst. Two, really. I think the same one sent and received. So I checked my radio sniffer.”
“Uh, okay.” Rex said, walking over.
“Being watched, Roof to our ten o’clock.” Jeremy said, looking over at the other four teens.
“Oh. Oh shit. Do you think- of course you do. Kally, uh, you got everything?” Rex asked.
“Um... yeah. Yeah, sure. How did they find us, though? Are they tracking us? We’re not far from... B6, right?” she asked.
“Yeah.” Jeremy replied.
“Kay, so... if we jump now, would they just be able to spot us? We’re... crap, we’re not even in costume anymore.” She replied, mask appearing in her hand before she put it on, the others scrambling to pull theirs out of backpacks and bags to follow suit.
“Okay, um... other rooftop?" Caelus offered, "Maybe they just saw when we suck our faces out? We get there, lie low, Panoptes says if they figured us out. If they didn’t, B6, if not... uh...”
“C2’s probably far-enough.” Pahoptes replied. “Lay low, keep watch, play it safe, head out in the morning.”
“Good! Plans! We have them! Can we go now?!” Caelus all but shouted, holding out his arms. Rushing forward, the rest grasped on and they were on a roof on the opposite side of the street in about a second later, dropping to the ground to hide themselves from view from any of the other roofs around.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 am

Vibora shook her head as she stepped back out of the store, Oculatus in tow. The junior Sultan had felt their watchers' gazes shift away, before vanishing suddenly, out of his range. Even as she'd stepped out onto the darkened street, she could here what sounded like a woman or young boy's voice, fear evident though the words were unclear. That told her little. Only the very powerful or the very, very stupid stood with no fear against the Sultans.

Their watchers-turned-quarry leaving Oculatus' range was of little concern. As expected, she'd not seen Noctus arrive or pass by, but he'd gotten a look at his prey, and where they were headed. Mover capabilities of some extent--appearing fairly limited, from what he'd seen--but they were heading somewhere specific; somewhere close by. He was tracking them now.

And he was not a man to lose track of his prey.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:40 am

The two they brought along kept fidgeting. Griffin and Nymph. It was starting to really annoy Caulus.
“Stop shuffling about already.” He hissed.
“I can’t help it, this roof is gross. I’m trying to find some way to lay without being on bird droppings.” Griffin shot back, barely a whisper.
“Murderous. Sociopaths.” Caulus replied, putting a finger to his lips, “Stop moving and stop whining.” Griffin stuck her tongue out at him.
“...no texts so far." Panoptes cut in with a murmur. "Not willing to stick my head out, but I can hear their footsteps. Doesn't sound like they’re still indoors, but they aren’t getting closer. I think they're leaving.”
“I can barely hear you.” Arachne replied, only slightly louder, “but what you're saying is we're clear?”
“I’m saying it looks like we’re clear.” Panoptes corrected. An arm shimmered into existence before him and Arachne flicked him in the nose before banishing it again.
“There’s no difference between being clear and thinking we’re clear from our perspective. We wait a few more minutes, we go. Keep listening.”
Panoptes nodded as Arachne turned to scan the rooftop. Griffin and Nymph were still fidgeting. Caulus had laid down on his back, watching the moon, seemingly unconcerned. Arachne suppressed a heavy sigh as she waited for the danger to pass.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:02 am

A black smear slid along the rooftop adjacent, a patch of deeper darkness in the already-heavy gloom. In the depths of a shadow in the rooftop's corner, where two shadows met, it slowly detached itself from the ground, resolving into the shape of a crouched man in dark clothing, a snarling, fanged and tusked mask upon his face. He was still and silent in a manner borne of years of practice, and one of his blackened knives was already in his hand, being twirled about impatiently.

His ears were well-tuned by his profession, picking up the words with near-perfect clarity despite the fair distance of his prey. Children, it seemed.

Little matter. It would not be his first time dealing with children.

They would leave soon; lead him to where he could find more of their ilk. They posed little threat to the Sultans, but the mere idea that they could live in defiance here, within the heart of Taurus territory, demanded action of one sort or another.

No, they would not have their moment of safety before he came. This turf belonged to the Latin Sultans, and the night belonged to him. He would be among them with his knife finding throats before they saw a glimpse of his shadow, their perception--Thinker be damned. He'd been doing his work since before the boy was born.

Besides, he could always find their safehouse from the last one standing, with a bit of persuasion.

Darkness claimed him once more, and he slipped back into his own shadow before sliding forward at a pace that most grown adults would be hard-pressed to sprint. He slipped over the edge, down the wall, and across the street before slipping straight up the vertical wall just as easily. He slid onto the rooftop and glided along towards the small cluster of bodies at a slower, less attention-getting pace.

In his mind's eye, both of his knives were already unsheathed.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:33 am

Caulus sat up. “I’m bored.” He said in a perfectly normal speaking tone, everyone assembled looking at him in horror.
“Caul-“ Arachne started before Caulus thrust a hand out towards each pair of teens.
“Grab, we’re going. I’ve got better things to do. Option two, to be safe.” He finished, staring pointedly at Panoptes as he said it. Nervously, the teens and Panoptes touched his arm, Arachne groaning and doing the same. A fraction of a second later, they were gone.
Caulus sighed happily in his mind as he felt his perception extend to the height of his range over the following fifteen seconds. Nearly a third of a mile radius in all. He could feel the gang shuffling their way along the street, completely oblivious to their whereabouts. Feel every single building, the people inside, even the sewers below. But not smell them, thankfully, despite feeling a little grossed out by his omnipresence extending through sewage.
He picked a point at the edge of his range. An isolated alley, no one in the vicinity, not visible from the roofs. Down again. Fifteen seconds later came a single moment of consciousness for the others before he expanded again. Up, down, up, down, up, down... he knew the way, but it was tiring. Still, it wasn’t long before... there.
Safety. And warmth. And game systems, pirated cable, the works among a dozen or so others. Freedom. As much as could be afforded.
Oh, and a pizza was being delivered, too. More plusses.
Pulling himself and his passengers along, they condensed on the point inside the building roped off for his use. The assembled all shivered a little after coming back together. Energy lost to the environment, especially after so many expansions and contractions.
He staggered a little, but it was fine. Rest would come easy tonight while the others set up a guard. He was bunk at that job, anyway.
Staggering a bit, he lay down on one of the couches and quickly passed out, Caulus going over to check on the surveillance equipment and Arachne heading over to the garage to store the loot.
Not a perfect job, but he wasn’t complaining.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:50 am

Noctus stopped dead in his tracks as the urchins vanished before his eyes. His form emerged straight up from the shadow, standing straight and stiff. A knife was in each hand, held so tightly they were shaking. Behind his snarling mask, his expression matched. His teeth were grinding, chest pounding, blood rushing in his ears, a red haze descending upon his vision.

The little maggots had escaped him. They ran around without let or hindrance in his turf, under cover of his night. They could be anywhere, now. Still watching; still lurking; laughing; plotting--

His knives slammed into their sheaths before he drew in a long, slow breath and let it out through clenched teeth with equal slowness. Several deliberate cycles later, much of the tension was gone from his muscles. But he did not simply dismiss the anger; no. It was locked away, kept against the hour he found his prey--and he would find his prey. He would keep his rage under lock and key within the depths of his mind for hours, days, or weeks if he must. They would feel every ounce of his anger as it drove his knives for him, pounding them hilt-deep into their flesh.

Blood would flow. But, first, he needed to find the rats again.

His hands didn't even tremble as he pulled out his cell phone. Solitary as he craved his life to be, he was still a leader of the Latin Sultans; feared by all who scurried by day on the streets below. It was time to cast the net wide. Anything and everything on Sultan turf that would betray the children's location.

The late hour mattered little. With one short call, Sultans both mundane and cape began to rise. The hunt was on.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Having been nearest the door, Leah was first to exit the meeting room, walking lazily toward the Wards' living quarters, absentmindedly tossing her doll into the air and catching it repeatedly without looking, a low crackle of dark gray energy following anytime she missed to return the doll to her hand. She hadn't been on shift when the attack happened. Something that happened strangely frequently to the one Ward the Sultans would have a truly difficult time getting at (though maybe not so much if she'd faced down a grenade launcher, let alone four). As a result, she was one of the few not limping. Despite, she wasn't altogether dreading the potential downtime the Wards faced as the Protectorate seniors stepped up their game.

...assuming Deca didn't pick her for the task force, of course.

For now, though, she had resumed smacking her gum, having settled for silently chewing throughout the meeting. Sticking her tongue out into the gum and blowing she failed entirely at blowing a bubble in the chewing gum, the small wad spitting out and plopping down on the carpet. Undaunted, she sidestepped the piece as she dropped her doll into the custom holster for it she kept on her left hip and fished for another piece of gum.

No dice, she could find only wrappers in her pockets. Turning to walk backwards she asked Will (and the assembled Wards), not five paces behind her, "Got any gum?"

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:32 am

Will shook his head, perplexed by the question and Leah's casual demeanor.

"This doesn't bug you at all?" He jerked a thumb back toward the meeting room. "We just got kicked off the biggest takedown operation since Tyrant, because 'we're just kids, and it's too dangerous.' How can you be asking about gum right now?"
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down