Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Worm RP (OOC Characters & Chat)

:: Roleplay

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Re: Worm RP (OOC Characters & Chat)

Post by Frost on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 pm

It'd be better than anything I could make, so I couldn't really complain. Al Grenadier's got is a pistol that pretty much stays holstered unless shit's hittin' the fan.
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:00 pm

Haven't put pencil to paper yet, just brainstorming at the moment but right now I'm picturing grenadier (Who looks like the army hero from Kickass 2 for some reason) firing his handgun with one hand while the catching the ejected shells (correct term here? know nothing about guns) in his gravity well for use as grenade shrapnel. Might not get past brainstorming pphase but that's where it's at right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Hey, that works. Shells tend to refer to full-scale artillery while small arms eject "casings" or "cartridges", but "shells" or "shell casings" work just as well. That's one of the few things about guns people don't get hung up on terminology about.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Still working on this by the way. I'm just trying to figure out what Grenadier looks like, already got the pose in mind.

Speaking of gun terms I wasn't completely honest, I'm only familiar with shotguns shells is what I'm used to hearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm just about over the flu. How does the RP stand? If Harmony about done with whatever he needed to do on his hiatus?
I can make a post tonight.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Glad you're betting, but I believe Harm, at least, was hoping to initiate the plotline when he went on leave (like myself, he goes on the 19th, if I recall)
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:50 am

If it's fine by you, Swick, I'd rather give Ty a chance at bringing James back in and Harm a chance to post before proceeding.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Quick update. I've drawn about a dozen variations of grenadier, none of them were good enough to post and are currently in th garbage. Still working on it though, got one right now that might not turn out too bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:04 pm

By all means, take your time. I look forward to seeing it.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:32 pm

here ya go frost:

This isn't finished, but I don't trust myself not to ruin it with undoubtedly dozens of attempts I'm going to make at drawing him holding the gun. So for now here it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Lookin' good, Last
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Yo, Last, if I may suggest...

Twilight crazy
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:45 pm

You're free to suggest, but the typical response here for suggesting someone else buy something is this. Are you gonna pay for it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Shipping wars' opening salvo:

Spoiler-y info will be double-spoilered. 

Walker/Grenadier: No romantic attachments. Strictly heterosexual.

Slingshot: mostly Heterosexual (slight 'tendencies'); mild-moderate crush on Twitch; a bit too withdrawn and shy to admit it. 

Deca: mostly asexual and completely aromantic. Platonically, gets along with non-capes (particularly PRT and other fellow law-enforcement vets) better than other capes. Also, I can't edit the GDoc on my phone, but I'm adjusting her height up some. I conceived her on the tall side, but she ended up shorter than most characters. She's going from 5'7'' to 5'11"

Noctus: effectively asexual; paranoia and sociopathic tendencies create a disconnect between himself and most of his emotions in general. 

Vibora: heterosexual. Currently unattached. 

Leopard: closeted bisexual (as with most gangs, the Sultans as a whole are somewhat male-homophobic and see a man who likes other men as being weak)

Locust: openly homosexual

Taurus:
Wife killed by Castro's regime. No further interest in sex or romance.
Sculptor: heterosexual, but her social anxiety and phobias generally inhibit her romantic prospects. 

Lazarus: heterosexual (divorced)

Mantis: heterosexual (interested in Longbow)

Longbow: mostly heterosexual (currently oblivious to Camaza and Mantis' affections)

Camaza: bisexual (also interested in Longbow)
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Thu May 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Interesting...

I guess I may as well...:
Maria: Bisexual. In a relationship with Yusuki. Made the first move once she sensed that Yusuki was interested in her.

Yusuki: Lesbian. In a relationship with Maria. Started to become interested in Maria more than for only business-related reasons relatively early in their partnership.

Alberto: Mostly heterosexual. Not interested in long-term relationships.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Thu May 07, 2015 8:42 pm

If we get back into this, I'm going to clean up my parahumans a bit. It doesn't help that I've spent the last few months building a heavily Worm-inspired verse with a fuckton more capes.

Shipping Time:

Twitch: Bi-curious. The last few years have been a bit of a dry spell.

Ranger: Pansexual. If it can attend a swanky cocktail party, he's done it.

Showstopper: His last sexual encounter was with the rogue, Doppelganger, whom he hired so that he could literally fuck himself.

Ironclad: Straight. Currently dating a civilian at his high school.

Analogue: Gay. Currently off-and-on with a Protectorate hero from Texas that he met at TinkerCon.

Anesthesia: Asexual.

Guardian Angel: Lesbian. Her partner, Jackal, was killed by Taurus.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 07, 2015 10:58 pm

By the way; in light of Angel's orientation, how do you interpret her (still-maintained, if I recall) friendship with Deca? Or, rather, her respective feelings toward Deca (Deca being unlikely to reciprocate toward anyone)
Worm spoilers concerning Deca:

She's never been one to shy away from danger for the sake of helping people (she did quit a job at one of Chicago's premier tattoo shops to become a cop) but her Shard pushes that into a virtual compulsion; she internalizes most everything that happens to her team during a fight and to the city at large, and on particularly spells she can go days unable to sleep and hardly eating because she becomes obsessed with her work. It's why she was back on patrol not long after her catastrophic injury, and it's why she's very often under heavy stress and accordingly dour, confrontational and severe with her teammates. 
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Shipping time:

Satyr: Asexual. Everything below her waist is metal.  She doesn't feel sexual attraction to anything.

Tract: Too busy worrying about where her next high will come from to devote any attention to it.

Whistle Blower: Straight. Not really anything to say about that.

That was kinda fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Fri May 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Frost wrote:By the way; in light of Angel's orientation, how do you interpret her (still-maintained, if I recall) friendship with Deca? Or, rather, her respective feelings toward Deca (Deca being unlikely to reciprocate toward anyone)
Worm spoilers concerning Deca:

She's never been one to shy away from danger for the sake of helping people (she did quit a job at one of Chicago's premier tattoo shops to become a cop) but her Shard pushes that into a virtual compulsion; she internalizes most everything that happens to her team during a fight and to the city at large, and on particularly spells she can go days unable to sleep and hardly eating because she becomes obsessed with her work. It's why she was back on patrol not long after her catastrophic injury, and it's why she's very often under heavy stress and accordingly dour, confrontational and severe with her teammates. 
Well, that would be spoiling things, wouldn't it. (YES)
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri May 08, 2015 6:14 pm

I imagine they meet regularly for a friendly lunch--Angel ain't even hungry but she hella thirsty. And Deca is either oblivious or very studiously ignoring it.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon May 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Well, since I'm not into shipping, I brainstormed about a new Ward idea, particularly since I'm in favor of trashing my previous characters so as to make things cleaner and simpler. Thus a character that is pretty open and straightforward in every respect. At least, by Worm universe standards.

Farmboy:
Name: Tobey Williams
Appearance: Sun-bleached brown-blond hair, tan skin, blue eyes. Actually wore overalls the first time he visited Ward headquarters. Has worn jeans and a t-shirt ever since.
Trigger event: Tractor overturn on his family's farm killed his uncle and crushed Tobey's legs, leaving him trapped for several hours before people went looking for him and, subsequently, help was called for and arrived.
He joined the Wards both because he felt it was the right thing to do and, in no small part, because they promised to be able to restore his legs and to help his family, who would struggle a bit without himself and his uncle to help out. The Wards did so, on both counts, so here he is.

Power: Tinker – Industrial Equipment
Wears a fairly form-fitting exoskeleton to his short, 5'2" frame.
It's bright yellow, boxy and frames his limbs, back and sides. His front is protected by clear, tinker-reinforced plastic. A metal hump extends out from his back, a short pole with a spike on it extending below the hump and a crane that will shortly be explained extending above it. It also has four exhaust pipes extending out of it. The suit itself runs on batteries normally but relies on a diesel engine of his own design when he needs the horsepower.
High-powered pneumatics  can extend the end of his limbs by an extra foot. He uses this for high-impact jumps and punches. A stabilizing "tail" pole with a spike on the end that can fire from his lower back on similar pneumatics to either skewer people behind him or, more typically, brace him for a powerful punch.
Has something that can only be described as a crane made up of three segments connected by ball joints, the first of which extending up and behind him, sprouting from his upper back. At the end of the arm is a four-fingered claw. The claw in question can fire on a cable up to ten meters. He has been disallowed from using this claw on unarmored living things as it nearly always crushes anything it connects to. He mostly uses it to either carry equipment, help with getting up buildings or other barriers, or grabbing and swinging/throwing objects. He has a small HUD over his right eye strictly for aiding his aim with the arm since its use is fairly cumbersome without it. This HUD is the only part of his suit he doesn't understand as it was designed by Dragon in response to his supervisor's requests following several destructive crane-related accidents. He's still getting used to using it.

Extra notes: Trigger event left him with a phobia of being restricted or unable to freely move. Came up during Wards training with containment foam and is, as a result, something he's teased about by his teammates who refer to it as his "bondage thing". It's less exploitable by enemies of the Wards than you'd think, though. His exoskeleton is excessively reinforced to specifically make it practically impossible to restrict his freedom of movement.

...all of this, again, assuming the RP manages to get restarted (and possibly reset).

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Mon May 11, 2015 11:39 pm

That seems pretty solid. What sort of relationships do you think he has with the other Ward/Protectorate personnel?
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri May 15, 2015 3:00 pm

I don't expect it to see use for a while, but just an idea I wanted to put down. 

Pinnacle/Hyperion:

Affiliation: Hero (Protectorate; former) Villain (Leader of The Phalanx)
Physical Description: (Beginning of career) 5'11", short blond hair, blue eyes. Decently well-muscled build. Wore light armor and tunic styled after Greek Hoplite. (Currently) 6'8"; dark blond hair compared to a lion's mane, fierce-looking blue eyes. Hard, chiseled build. Wears armor styled after Roman Lorica. 
Classification: (beginning of career) Brute 2, Mover 1, Master 1, Trump 1 (currently) Brute 4, Mover 2, Master 3, Trump 2

Several years ago, Pinnacle was the leader of the Protectorate branch in Knoxville, and though his Greco-Roman themed aesthetic and cultured, often philosophical air made him stick out among his more down-to-earth local teammates, he was beloved by Protectorate higher-ups and PR, his fellow heroes, and the public alike for his bold, charismatic demeanor and his effectiveness in combat.

Within a large radius around him, he was capable of 'networking' willing participants together. In addition to granting a low level of collective identity (allowing preternatural coordination and on-the-fly planning) his teammates would get a small boost to their strength, agility and endurance, and even a boost to most powers. Pinnacle, too, would gain more power the more people he was connected to--and a small measure of this power was permanent every time he did so. Over time, he grew larger and more powerful as he continued to lead and fight. This also effected other people he was networked with and even the equipment they used--over time, his gladius-style sword and large shield have become nearly unbreakable and capable of smashing or cleaving through nearly anything in their path. 

Unfortunately, this mental networking was not without consequences. Even as his 'vassals' slowly began to lose their individual identity, Pinnacle grew more arrogant and egotistic, more aggressive toward his foes and more rebellious toward his superiors. Eventually, the issue came to a head when, after defeating the villain Exalt, he had his now-thralls hold the struggling man down as Pinnacle laid hands upon his head and brought him under his control. 

With the help of Protectorate and National Guard reinforcements, the battle this sparked ended with Hyperion, as he now called himself, driven off into the surrounding countryside. His "Phalanx" soon went to ground and now operates in secret, slowly spreading and bringing civilians and capes alike under Hyperion's thrall. Lethal force is now authorized against him and, if necessary, his brainwashed and increasingly powerful and numerous personal army. 

The PRT's last track of his movements, several months gone has him in the Appalachians and moving Northwest, into the Midwest region. 
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 pm

So, after a little brainstorming with Sci, we have the idea of starting out on a pretty heavy note--Hyperion's arrival in Glennhaven ends up forcing an alliance between most of the major hero and villain groups, which--in addition to allowing for some action and introducing a good number of the characters as (relatively) smoothly as possible, also sets the stage for a good amount of realpolitiking and power plays as a lot of the players involved try to leverage the situation to their own advantage. Thoughts?

Also, Ty, I came up with a character that would fit in pretty well among Brimstone, if you felt like including him. 

Abbadon:

Affiliation: Villain (Brimstone Society)
Classification: Breaker 4, Blaster 1, Striker 2 (Case 53)
Physical description: 6'4", lean build. Short, dark hair. Eyes look something like molten coals. Mouth glows like a furnace when open. Use of his powers make his veins glow molten red.

Several years ago, the Morningstar corporation suffered a terrible accident at one of their subsidiary facilities in the rural areas North of Glennhaven--a massive, seemingly spontaneous fire that tore through several buildings.  Officially, it was classified as an industrial accident and quickly dealt with. Unofficially, the dazed, unconscious man of indeterminate origin, ethnicity, or even age located at the scene was taken back to Morningstar's headquarters at the behest of its executives; what has happened since to the man is unknown. 

Abbadon, as the PRT has designated him, or 'Nathaniel' as his new 'brethren' in the Brimstone Society have elected to call him, is a harsh, quick-tempered, and often violent man, which suits his cohorts perfectly and complements his powers well--immune totally to hear or burning, which comes in handy when he spews fire forth from his mouth or heats his hands enough to cleave through steel, his most powerful ability is his Breaker form--for brief periods of time, he is capable of disincorporating his form entirely into a whirling inferno that has been observed with up to a twenty-yard radius, and has been seen 'leaping' forward up to a hundred yards in a streaming of flame. Hard-hitting and vicious, he is used with caution by his superiors for the sheer amount of destruction he can cause. Clad in black clothing and a deep red cloak when Brimstone's capes take to the streets, he is regarded as little more than a weapon by either side of the fight. 
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down