Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Worm RP (OOC Characters & Chat)

:: Roleplay

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Re: Worm RP (OOC Characters & Chat)

Post by Frost on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 am

To be fair, Vibora (and the cape with her, specifically) saw that they were being watched, and sent Noctus to go fuck 'em up a little, basically. Noctus interpreted that as "kill them all" because he, specifically, is a hyper-aggressive sociopath. That lead to them discovering that a group of delinquents are in their territory (and, per Taurus' word, everyone in their territory works for them, or they get taught a few lessons) and then to the purgenations.

The Sculpted themselves aren't a government or even corporate-sponsored organization. They're a group of blue-collar civilians with a hero complex. They'll stop the Myths from actually hurting people directly or indirectly (theft, looting, ect) but they're not keen on sitting by while kids are being hunted down.

Plus, the Myths, at least, are still under the impression that the Sculpted are a private group with obscene wealth, not a gaggle of people with scrap metal welded to their nervous systems by an asocial shut-in. The Myths' initial thinking would likely be to seek some sort of refuge with them (since Longbow made it fairly clear that she and the others didn't want animosity where there didn't need to be). While the Sculpted couldn't deliver that sort of material aid (since they don't have it) they could find other ways to help without taking on the Sultans directly (at the moment, they're keen on avoiding that, since a new hero group's emergence against the Sultans is likely to get Noctus sicced on them and perhaps draw Taurus' eye personally, as a way of establishing the pecking order, more or less)
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:20 am

Deca thinks kinda small... I wonder if Ranger could see the opportunity here. Enough attention might only net them a cape or some extra funds in the longer term, but the short term could include a short stay by one of Dragon's dragons, a visit and statement by Legend, etc.
The fact is that the idea of a group systematically hunting down and maiming children is that it has no precedent. No matter how real the violence, people wouldn’t buy that narrative. They’d see the Sultans as a gang of Captain Hooks. A purge of everyone with dark skin from a large portion of the city, though? That’s real, it has precedent, and it’s popular. By which I mean infamous.
Heck, if the police manage to retrieve any of the victims and bodies, the pictures could be riveting.

In regard to the idea of protests and stuff, if any of the Sultans really do have a kill order on their heads, they might be looking at a crowdfunded assassination contract.

The Exes might seek refuge with the Sculpted, though. The question is just how to make it known that they can be trusted. The only way I can figure is by being really loud. Literally going into Southbridge, busting up groups of Sultans and telling whoever will listen that they'll shelter anyone that needs their aid.

The Myths have secure fallback positions (the main one of which exists an hour to two outside of the city). It comes from frequently having to abandon territories under enemy eyes. They've already left Sultan territory, too, so... yeah.

Contemplating what my next post should contain. Obviously affirmatives from both Concoct and Voodoo, but outside of that... hmm. Maybe establish a situation in which some Exes need help? Oh well, it's for tomorrow.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:39 am

The problem is that the higher-ups of the PRT already know about the Sultans and their nature as a Latino street gang. They'll be forced to address the issue if a national uproar about "white-on-black" violence starts up, but, as we've seen from the PRT's board of Directors, they'd be more than happy to decry the media as being biased (which they are) and falsely portraying the issue. Beyond that, all that the leaked footage shows is an act of gang violence. The systematic hunts aren't known to most outside Southbridge, let alone Glenhaven, who aren't already watching the Sultans in one way or another. 

Keep in mind (especially in the main story's early arcs) how even Bakuda's rampage didn't garner much of a response outside Brockton Bay. Lung was mentioned as aggressively force-recruiting people into the ABB and being every bit as brutal as the Sultans are, and little help was forthcoming for the Brockton Bay PRT and Protectorate branches. Sure, the footage makes things a bit more public, but we are talking about a world that's attacked every few months by implacable elemental supermonsters and menaced daily by all variety of villains and psychopaths. As far as the higher-ups of the PRT and the Protectorate are concerned (and as is his intent) Taurus, as far as I envision the issue, is still just a pretty tough villain who comes out of hiding every few months to kick some shit around and leave. He's got fairly brutal subordinates, but even things in Southbridge tend to stay quiet (the 'terrified' sort of quiet) outside flare-ups of violence like this.

The Sculpted, I forsee trying to aid the Exes by putting pressure on the Sultans' auxilliaries, attacking less direct fronts. Trying to take some of their attention off their front line and their ongoing 'purge'. They'd likely not be fighting major battles against big groups of Sultans or their auxiliaries, but busting up smaller operations would be their likely objective.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:24 am

How long did Bakuda's rampage last, again? And the ABB had been aggressively recruiting people for a while. But I guess I'd agree that, in the grand scope of things, it's still relatively small-fry.
Then again, we never really got a perspective in Worm when and were things became nationally recognized. The attacks by Leviathan and the S9 would be worthy of it, sure, but Dragon having her dragons roost there following the villains taking territory, not unlike villains are apt to do, always struck me as odd. The heroes never, ever staged a direct attack on the Undersiders, after all. I'd think they could have managed to take one or two if they struck in force. Instead they just waited and waited until suddenly a bunch of dragons were everywhere hitting everyone at once.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:37 am

I can't recall exactly how long it lasted. I'd look it up under normal circumstances, but I've got PT in the morning and should have been asleep an hour ago accordingly, so I'll trust you'll forgive me if I forgo that until the morrow.

I'll agree that the nothing->all approach to dealing with the problem was a bit jarring. By contrast, the Protectorate does acknowledge the Sultans as a threat and does what they can to combat it--it's just that the Sultans aren't the Undersiders. They're not the perpetual underdogs with a lot of pluck and cleverness but little staying power. The GPRT and Sultans' conflict is less like a guerilla fight and more like a Korean or Israeli-Arab standoff, and, in this case America (the Protectorate brass) sees the standoff as both only concerning them marginally and something that would take a lot of time, resources, sweat and blood to resolve. 

Something that, I think, the Glenhaven PRT and Protectorate's leadership would have discussed with anyone who'd have listened would be that a steady war of attrition, while time-consuming and grindingly exhausting for the Protectorate, Ward, and PRT trigger-pullers (so to speak) is something that the the heroes can eventually win, while rallying the cavalry and storming in guns-blazing would only force the Sultans to go to ground, where it would be a guerilla war against experienced, seasoned foes that hold the local populace in a vice-grip of fear and, in the worse-case scenario, can slip out of the city in the confusion and either scatter and escape justice or even reconstitute somewhere else. 

After all, aside from Anesthesia being decently familiar with some of the faces in their ranks, it's not like the PRT has much to go on as far as pin-pointing the Sultans' civilian identities (and practically no-one has seen Taurus' face without armor on save his most trusted members; not likely a fairly low-ranking cape like Anesthesia)
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Sorry for the short post, I just don't know what to write at the moment. Writer's block or something between all the studying. If you could post something regarding the Sculpted looking for Exes in need, or the Sultans closing in on a new hideout, maybe I could jump off that. I've just painted myself into a corner with their refusals for help.

Debating posting Caelus checking out the new youth center. I get the sense it won't be a source of conflict as of yet, so I don't want to create more threads in case Ty has something else in mind for his group and their new effort or Harmony intends to have Maria's crew move into action soon.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:20 pm

No worries about the post. I think, with the weekend approaching, we'll all be on enough that we can initiate the plotline with Maria and such, so I don't think additional threads are necessary at this point.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:15 pm

cum as it's used in my post comes from the Latin word, meaning roughly "together with" or "alongside". Meaning, in-context, that it was an assimilation/execution. A pretentious way of just putting a "/" in a word, essentially. Nothing to do with ejaculation.

Anywho, Leopard is an expansion upon a one-shot character Sci made (found on the first page of this thread in fact) as a throwaway for a Taurus fight. I'm envisioning him currently as the more friendly, false-smiles sort of bastard than a grim, surly one like Noctus is.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:56 pm

I don't plan on rejoining the RP but would it be alright if I still posted character concepts here? Got one right now, drew a picture of her but couldn't post it here for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I can't imagine why anyone would mind, so sure.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Sure sure. If you get the time, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other characters in the RP drawn, either.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Post away; concepts are good

Speaking of concepts, something that stuck with me while reading Worms was this:

Arc 5.04 (Page 216 of PDF) wrote:Kaiser was first and foremost among them. He was decked out head to toe in elaborate, ornate armor with a crown of blades, but the configuration, I noticed with interest, was totally different than it had been just two days ago.

The first thing that popped into my mind with that was

"That means artists wouldn't be forced to stick to a single kind of design whenever they drew him in his armor."

Let your imagination run wild, Last.
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Satyr:

Affiliation: Hero, Protectorate

Powers: Tinker (?)

Satyr's name is purely for professional reasons, her identity is easy enough to discover for those looking for it. Her real name is Jane Calvert.

Jane is a second generation cape though her trigger event more closely resembles that of a first generetion cape. Her powers manifested at a young age when she snuck into her mother's work shop. Jane lost her legs to an experimental pair of rocket boots. She saved her life by quickly fashioning a very crude pair of legs and jamming the machinery into the stumps.

After that Jane spent months in the hospital going through surgeries. While Jane's quick action saved her from the immediate danger of bleeding out she had done severe damage to what the explosion didn't take.

Jane's Tinker specialty is her harness, her aptitude appears to drop dramatically if what she's working on isn't physically attached to her in some way. So while she might have been able to create prosthetics for others it would have been limited to those the same size as her.

Jane is unnaturally tall and thin due to having her heavy prosthetic being attached at such a young age. The way she has attached herself to the harness that makes up her lower body is grotesque. Loose scar tissue is screwed into the metal. Machinery that makes up some of her lost organs are at times visible and she insists on wearing as little clothes as possible. As far as she's concerned she has to live with her body others can put up with it.

Because of that Jane is rarely called on, She's not the hero the protectorate wants in the papers.

Jane's most common harness is a four legged model that has each leg ending in a sharp point. Which she uses to impale object and opponent alike.

I'll post the picture later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Last's satyr picture:
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:43 pm

That's quite an interesting character. Lotta Tinkers in this RP, aren't there?
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 pm

The Street Cats? That's as bad as Tunnel Snakes, Frost.
"The Pride", "The Apex Predators" (extra bit of irony, there, given they aren't anymore), or a dozen other names would have been good, but on top of it... you compare Panther's dexterity to that of a housecat.
Maybe a better name for Panther and Leopard would be Macavity and Mr. Mistoffelees :P

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:47 am

My bad. I've long since admitted to being terrible with names. The idea was something related to Big Cats (the blanket term for all the....like, big-ass cats)

I apologize if the bit about going out seems like a cop-out. I was intending to shake the "and then nothing happened" stupor off the interaction soon anyway, and it seemed like a good time. Again, may seem a bit clumsy.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:26 pm

My most sincere apologies for my recent and present lack of posting, but I'm currently knee-deep in Radar bullshit at school, which isn't really conducive to me being creative enough to deliver quality content.

And it's only going to get worse until vacation time, the 19th, with a number of exams coming.

So I guess what I'm saying is that at half-hiatus as of now? If that makes sense...
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:35 pm

As far as that plotline is concerned, I'm alright with putting it on hold.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:11 am

Just as a status update, I got sick Saturday and have been fighting off constant nausea and pressure headaches ever since. Plus all the painful coughing.
So yeah, I'm in favor of a hiatus or whatever.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 am

Does anyone care if I post my character bios if you ever need to murder someone?
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:35 am

I will ignore every post you make in this or the RP thread. I do not like you, I do not want to speak to you normally, and I certainly don't want to interact with your characters.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 pm

"Rude chap, isn't he?"

"Eh, he's a good lad; decent head on his shoulders, so long as he's in a scenario that he's trained for."

-

As you were, gentlemen. The RP is rather interesting. I hope you're keeping an archive, or at least have someone turning it into an actual story? Would be an interesting addition to the franchise.
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Spoiler:

I updated Jane her face shouldn't look so off now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:05 pm

That looks pretty solid, Last.

Say, I was thinking--though it more than likely won't come into play in Glenhaven, I wonder if the Parahumans' emergence effected "The Troubles" at all. Aided by capes, I could easily see the IRA being a force to this day.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks Frost, I've got another picture of her. Though I'd have to PM it because of nudity. It's not pornographic.

Could give drawing the others a shot. Not very confident in my abillities though especially, not with humans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:17 pm

It's naturally up to Swick, but I believe he said something about non-pornographic artistic nudity being a'aight. In any event, I'd like to see it.

And I think your humans look good. The sorta cartoony style is something I've seen in several webcomics I enjoy quite a bit.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Yeah, I know. I definitely agree with him when it comes to nudty not automatically equaling pornography. But I got to thinking about it myself, I came to the conclusion that the best way to objectively and fairly judge whether or not something is pornography is if the material in question contains nudity. I'll PM you.

I'm open to requests if you've got any specific characters in mind, Just I'm more often than not very slow and don't gaurantee actually finishing it. Will give it a shot though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Well, I'd like to see Taurus in armor if you think that's feasible. Deca or Grenadier would be my second requests.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Alright. But I've never really done armor and I've always been terrible at guns (I think grenadier uses one) so it might not turn out very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next