Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Valikdu Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:37 am

SilentCarto wrote:It was the one stored under Hoofington, in the megaspell facility being maintained by those... ghost-zombie things.

I think that, at one point, this fragment was missing from the version of PH that was up. Could cause confusion.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 am

Rather disappointed that nobody uttered one of Rick the Adventure Sphere's (sadly unused) lines...

"You know what I hope is in space? Fire. I hope you go to space, and catch on fire."

because...physics!

Ah well - also amused by the fact Scotch seems irritated by the fact BJ and P-21 are making out, but they do raise a valid point

"What else is there to do?"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:35 am

Before I am about to read Chapter 72, I'm just going to say a few things about my journey reading Project Horizons for the past 32 days.

===(Somber, count this as one of my story reviews. There might be more ^^")===

The quality of writing has astounded me time and time again as I read from one chapter to the next. Humour is mixed with the grim reality of living in not only the wasteland, but the worst part of the wasteland, Hoofington.

The story line seemed like it could go on for ever and ever, this story made me feel like it could never end. But from what I reading in the long footnotes in chapter 71, there will only be 3 more. Ending at Chapter 75. I'm now kind of surprised at the events throughout the story. From what I see as the result of this story like, fan art and videos, I was kind of preparing myself when I read chapter 1.(Note: I download them as Word Documents and then read it when I can, I have very bad internet connection at times) But when I saw how long that first chapter was, I knew I was in for a long read. And it turned out that I read the 22,577 words in around 01:30. When I finished reading that chapter, I was smiling along with Blackjack. Because I knew I was in for a long month.

Story progress and so should the characters. The style that this story was written is completely different than the style I was used to, plus the amount of foul language in this story surpasses what Kkat even wrote in the original FoE by.. I don't know? Maybe 10, 20 times more colourful language. (Very Colourful Language Blackjack :) Plus, Vector-Brony does great PH art. That's how I found out about this story!)

Good luck with writing 73! (I'm sure I'm not a very good review writer ^^")
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:Is that something Roses or Glory could do instead of Blackjack (or something analogous)? I don't especially see Blackjack (or, for that matter, P-21) as getting worked up about a kid hearing speculation about a BJ or whatever.
Good point. I changed it to Roses.

Icy Shake wrote:terminals and main/maneframes aren't the same thing (and the size of maneframes seen so far, as far as I can tell on a quick check). I'd suggest cutting the "maneframes" in the third sentence so that it's comparing terminals there to terminals they'd run across.
They haven't, to my knowledge, encountered any desk-sized terminals, though. Hm... I think that I'll change the first "terminals" instead so that it's comparing maneframes to maneframes. Oh, though, hm, the rest of this bit is still talking about terminals. And why do the terminals start out so big, anyway? Urgh. Rewriting.
Okay, here's what came out (I combined the two paragraphs of description into one, since there didn't seem to be a reason for the break.):
Spoiler:

Icy Shake wrote:"key ring"
...As far as I can tell, "keyring" as one word is a fully legitimate usage. Sorry.

Why do you have 62.1 listed twice?
You also appear to have listed the "briefed on the boarding operation" bit twice.

Icy Shake wrote:Gender of the jittery one/Cobalt doesn't match. Was male in 62.1, called "her" in 72. Probably easier to make switch in 72, where that's the only reference to Cobalt.
That's the only problem with that bit? Just making sure, given that you bolded a lot.

Icy Shake wrote:maybe move the bolded part to the start of the next paragraph, since that's where the focus/who is doing things shifts from Rampage to him
Hm. No, I think that it's better the way it is, sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:comma after "eyes"
Hm... I don't think so here either. Sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:Cutie mark decal and mane dye? If so, is he wearing them now, or was he before in public for some reason? (had been a spectrum burst, and silver)
Why do you not think that this is simply an error? I suspect that it is and am interested both in your reasons for thinking otherwise and in where the previous mention of his cutie mark was.

Valikdu wrote:I think that, at one point, this fragment was missing from the version of PH that was up. Could cause confusion.
Ah, yes, as I recall, that scene was added some time after the chapter's release.

@ILM126:
Glad you're enjoying the story so much. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:13 am

Thank you Icy Shake.  I always love reading your reflections.  They mean as much to me as reviews.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:27 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Gender of the jittery one/Cobalt doesn't match. Was male in 62.1, called "her" in 72. Probably easier to make switch in 72, where that's the only reference to Cobalt.
That's the only problem with that bit?  Just making sure, given that you bolded a lot.
Oh, that was establishing genders used for all three, since only the numbers were definite indicators for two of them, plus the assumption that the one in charge was the same in each case.

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Cutie mark decal and mane dye? If so, is he wearing them now, or was he before in public for some reason? (had been a spectrum burst, and silver)
Why do you not think that this is simply an error?  I suspect that it is and am interested both in your reasons for thinking otherwise and in where the previous mention of his cutie mark was.
Well, he was in the movie business, which could explain using them day to day, and I thought he was hiding then, which could explain using something like that in the current chapter. And, after it became clear that at least the hiding/disguise thing wasn't the case, well, I only very rarely go back and edit the running thoughts part. Didn't think to move it.

O. Hinds wrote:
Valikdu wrote:I think that, at one point, this fragment was missing from the version of PH that was up. Could cause confusion.
Ah, yes, as I recall, that scene was added some time after the chapter's release.
Speaking of missing fragments, Nallar's archive seems to be missing chapters 15, 25, 27, 28, 51, 53, 55, and 63. Weird. Contacted him, hopefully that'll get fixed.

Somber wrote:Thank you Icy Shake.  I always love reading your reflections.  They mean as much to me as reviews.
Thank you for saying so; it means a lot that you feel that way.

So, I got to thinking today, what if the faulty door that Daisy used to kill her mother was the same one that had crushed Hatches? Maybe even if it wasn't the same one, that event gave her the idea, or at least the idea of how to do it. Granted, I'm not even really sure that they happened in that order, but given Blackjack tried to arrest Petunia the one time, it seems plausible that was after she got her cutie mark.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Just a random question here: Has anybody on this thread been a part of PH since the very beginning? y'know, when the only chapters of PH that existed were the early ones?

If not, how long have each of you been a part of this journey? i personally joined when 40+ chapters already existed.
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Oh, that was establishing genders used for all three, since only the numbers were definite indicators for two of them, plus the assumption that the one in charge was the same in each case.
Ah, okay.

Icy Shake wrote:Well, he was in the movie business, which could explain using them day to day, and I thought he was hiding then, which could explain using something like that in the current chapter. And, after it became clear that at least the hiding/disguise thing wasn't the case, well, I only very rarely go back and edit the running thoughts part. Didn't think to move it.
Ah. And Somber's read it and doesn't disagree, so... interesting! Thanks. So maybe he just found the spectrum burst more dramatic and striking? And his name does mean "the use of deception or subterfuge to achieve one's purpose"; for all we know he regularly switches cutie marks as a gimmick.

Icy Shake wrote:Speaking of missing fragments, Nallar's archive seems to be missing chapters 15, 25, 27, 28, 51, 53, 55, and 63. Weird. Contacted him, hopefully that'll get fixed.
Huh. Thanks. Do you mean that those individual chapters were missing or that they weren't in the big combined document?

pokeperson1000 wrote:Just a random question here: Has anybody on this thread been a part of PH since the very beginning? y'know, when the only chapters of PH that existed were the early ones?
I joined Somber after Chapter 2 (the original version); the first one I worked on was Chapter 3.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:39 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Speaking of missing fragments, Nallar's archive seems to be missing chapters 15, 25, 27, 28, 51, 53, 55, and 63. Weird. Contacted him, hopefully that'll get fixed.
Huh.  Thanks.  Do you mean that those individual chapters were missing or that they weren't in the big combined document?
The individual chapters on Gdocs are fine. They just aren't in the HTML or TXT files. Noticed when I couldn't search for the Hatches scene.

pokeperson1000 wrote:Just a random question here: Has anybody on this thread been a part of PH since the very beginning? y'know, when the only chapters of PH that existed were the early ones?

If not, how long have each of you been a part of this journey? i personally joined when 40+ chapters already existed.
I don't remember, exactly. I know I was lurking the EqD PH forums for a little while, at least a few weeks, before the move here, and I know it was before 33. It's possible I started following in the late summer or the fall or winter of 2011, after FoE started slowing down. But thinking of how the PH post wasn't made until January 2012, it probably wasn't until around then. Okay, the URL says August 2011, not 22 January 2012, so I guess that's the earliest I could have started, which I guess fits better with my general recollection of when I started, too.

I remember being frustrated, at first, over how much the beginning felt like a copy of the original, yet also that there were strange differences I didn't understand, like how raiders didn't seem to work the way I thought they did. But FoE wasn't updating like it used to (I think we were spoiled at the time—certainly I was, as this was my first long-term foray into fanfiction, during the first hiatus after having been very superficially introduced to the show just before the first season ended—as in the years since maybe sometime in 2012 it's been rare from my experience to have major, long-form fics update with even the regularity and frequency Somber's expressed disappointment over for the last few chapters (to say nothing of the volume!)—think, for instance, of another of the early 6-stars Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying, which has done something like two chapters in the last two years, to say nothing of the ones we've sadly lost to cancellation or even removal), and methadone's better than nothing. Needless to say, I'm glad I stuck with it.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 am

I'm still reading the latest chapter but there was one thing I think you could edit to make it better.

"Scavenging is fine.  Encourage it and seize anything useful they find.  Refugees seeking shelter are not." I don't understand exactly what he is saying there. Is he saying refugees shouldn't be allowed to scavenge or that no one should be allowed to stay in the city proper until after the events are over? I'm just not sure what he's trying to get across.

Also: Time,” Rainbow Dash said as she looked out at the hallway.  “How much time?” you might want to tweak to either say Mare-Do-Well or "Rainbow Dash said through the Mare-Do-Well mask as she looked out into the hallway." to remind readers that MDW and RD are the same pony. I'm pretty sure it's still a secret to most of the ponies in the world right? There would be a sudden rain storm of freshly shit bricks falling from the sky if the pegasus found out RD was still alive-ish.

Final note: "But it’s here, and I’m sorry that it’s so terrible." It's not terrible! The world building you have done is part of the reason the story is so good. It isn't just about a few ponies. It's about a city full of interesting characters where you can even cheer for the bad ponies just a little because there is a little spark of good in almost everyone.. almost.

#TOMORROW
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:01 am

JadedPony wrote:I don't understand exactly what he is saying there. Is he saying refugees shouldn't be allowed to scavenge or that no one should be allowed to stay in the city proper until after the events are over?
The latter, due to the whole "deathtrap" thing.

JadedPony wrote:'m pretty sure it's still a secret to most of the ponies in the world right?
As I recall, yes. I don't think I'll change this without word from above, though, as the current version seems fine to me. Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Fluttershy, Goldenblood and Whisper

Post by ILM126 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:57 am

SS117 wrote:I apologize if this was answered way before but just where did Blackjack get the megaspell that destroyed Shadowbolt Tower?

Also, I think it would have been funny to get Velvet's reaction to seeing Whisper for the first time. Or "Oh, hey, you're mom is a tree."
Rainbow Goodness, I couldn't imagine that Whisper now has both her parents alive. Plus the reaction from Goldenblood would be that.. Well... He would want to live again or something... Not sure what Somber would do about this little possible storyline here.  
Fluttershy Plus, in the cannon storyline that didn't happen during the last scene... When did Fluttershy got cured from her state as a tree again? Maybe the meeting between Whisper, Goldenblood and her would be after that last scene in FoE... Hmmmm
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:07 am

Been here for a while, first 8 chapters I think. Something Absurd like what, two or three years ago?  I don't want to get off Sombers Wild Ride.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:14 am

RoboRed wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Given that she thought it was a mass teleport spell,
Completely forgot about that.

I thinked I missed that bit. So now I know why Rome exploded. Also, does the targeting talisman teleports the spell or what does the targeting talisman actually do? 

Valikdu wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:It was the one stored under Hoofington, in the megaspell facility being maintained by those... ghost-zombie things. 

I think that, at one point, this fragment was missing from the version of PH that was up. Could cause confusion.

Is the factory where Glory lost her wings? I'm pretty sure that's where the factory is.  How {hmmm

VinylshadowRather disappointed that nobody uttered one of Rick the Adventure Sphere's (sadly unused) lines...

"You know what I hope is in space? Fire. I hope you go to space, and catch on fire."

because...physics!

Ah well - also amused by the fact Scotch seems irritated by the fact BJ and P-21 are making out, but they do raise a valid point

"What else is there to do?"

True, what else is there to do? Blackjack doesn't read books and P-21 doesn't have a lot of hobbies. And Scotch was busy with Perception. Well.... Plus, that's just what I expected from Blackjack ^^

pokeperson1000Just a random question here: Has anybody on this thread been a part of PH since the very beginning? y'know, when the only chapters of PH that existed were the early ones?

I only just started last month (10/12) and I read the whole story in just 31 days! So I haven't been around for that long, but I heard about PH in late 2013. And read the original Fallout: Equestria in May in around 1 week.

=====

Also, my question. How far do you think that the characters have developed since the beginning? Like Blackjack, P-21, Scotch Tape, Lacunae (I swear, I could not believe how many times I failed to spell that name correctly. Such a unique name, I love it XD)

Plus, about the Hub Page. You only added the Fallout: Equestria deviantart group and just to let you know, there is also the Project Horizons art group here. All types of awesome art there ^_^
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:24 pm

wrote:Plus, about the Hub Page. You only added the Fallout: Equestria deviantart group and just to let you know, there is also the Project Horizons art group here. All types of awesome art there ^_^
Well, I don't think that there'd be a problem with me adding that on my own initiative. Thanks. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:20 pm

I walked in right when Somber was going back to rewrite the first couple of chapters. I think that was after the first arc ended with the boss battle against Deus in Chapter 16.

Celestia's mane, that was... almost exactly three years ago?! I'd heard good things about PH, but I decided to wait until FoE finished, and that was Christmas of 2011. I believe I started PH immediately after the holidays.

What a ride.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:26 pm

Um... I was there at chapter one.  Does that count?  :3
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Somber wrote:Um... I was there at chapter one.  Does that count?  :3
Hah! I think it does, and yet I don't think anyone's surprised. Dash clapping
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Of course it counts! Somber is biggest veteran of Project Horizons.

Somber is best author.

on a side note... I'll be sad when PH ends, but at least I'll have Broken Accords updates to look forward to!
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 pm

I believe I started reading shortly after the debut of 6...

ILM126 wrote:Plus, about the Hub Page. You only added the Fallout: Equestria deviantart group and just to let you know, there is also the Project Horizons art group here. All types of awesome art there ^_^
Although the FoE group does an admirable job of presenting PH material, it's always nice to see it get its own dedicated group.  If I actually used DA for more than marking favorites I'd be tempted to consider joining it...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:38 pm

ILM126 wrote:Also, does the targeting talisman teleports the spell or what does the targeting talisman actually do?
Well, the targeting talisman is essentially a GPS with a magical radio that tells the spell precisely where to target. Without it, you could aim at a region by longitude and latitude, hit a city if you knew exactly where it was relative to the launch site (as in, having precision maps that are accurate down to the mile) and there were no interfering spells, but nothing pinpoint like striking a specific building within a city. Moreover, a targeting talisman allows the user to signal for the strike when conditions are exactly right.

As far as I can tell, though, megaspells have no travel time (except maybe speed-of-light limitations) or line-of-sight requirements. Each type of spell is unique, of course, but neither Celestia One nor the Implosion spell had to launch a visible object to the target location -- the solar beam just opened up out of a (required) clear blue sky, and the implosion spell simply went squish at the location of the talisman. Zebra potions don't offer this kind of remote targeting, which is why they needed nuclear-tipped cruise missiles and only produced one kind of megaspell.

ILM126 wrote:Is the factory where Glory lost her wings? I'm pretty sure that's where the factory is.  How
It was during that delve, yes. Chapter 26.
The chamber beyond wasn’t melted at all.  At the center of it was an immense diamond as large as a pony’s head and shining with a corona of light.  Arranged about it in an almost a perfect ring were a dozen unicorn skeletons.  Four more trotted around, moving as if checking the equipment along the periphery.  I didn’t think that any of it looked functional; it was as if the bones were simply going through the motions.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:04 pm

ILM126 wrote:
Also, my question. How far do you think that the characters have developed since the beginning? Like Blackjack, P-21, Scotch Tape, Lacunae (I swear, I could not believe how many times I failed to spell that name correctly. Such a unique name, I love it XD)
Blackjack is a strange case, because she's always been a character with a lot of contradictions. For instance, although she's always been one to rise to the occasion, even taking on incredible tasks at great personal cost, she didn't start out the kind of person you could depend on to do the basics consistently. She's gotten better at that. Relatedly, she's become more perceptive and thoughtful of others' wants and needs, taking less for granted and remembering that everything isn't about her. I wouldn't say I think her self-esteem is great at the current point, or her sense that she actively deserves to be happy (see the need to ask permission to even try to save her baby), but her self-loathing and self-destructive tendencies have certainly lessened. She thinks more, and is more empathetic. I would at this point be pretty surprised if she expressed something like "that's just the way things are," where at the start that was one of her primary thought processes.

P-21's defining change, I think, is gaining distance from his experience of 99. His smoldering, barely-contained hatred for at least half the world at the least isn't there with the same intensity. He's been able to accept, in a sense, that even though 99 was evil, everything in it wasn't, and even been able to find love with Scotch Tape and Blackjack.

For Scotch, a lot has been simply growing up, but also being able to accept losing 99. I don't have quite as much to say here.

Glory gained self-confidence and assertiveness. Where she stuck with the Enclave through a stunning amount, she was able to decide that even though she (very, very likely) still loved Blackjack, she couldn't stay with her as a lover. She went from the lost filly cowering under the floor, only able to take charge in a medical context, to searching for a way to get to Blackjack, and ultimately forcing the point that she should stay behind at the spaceport, leading to her death for the greater good.

I don't think that Lacunae changed quite as much in terms of fundamental traits; her kindness, compassion, and humility were always there. But she became more open. Likewise, she came to accept herself as an individual, and what's more, someone with value beyond the service she gave to the Goddess, to the point that it really felt like she knew she was dying—and didn't want to—when she dispersed herself, where at the start she would insist there wasn't even anything there to die. Along the way, her disapproval of the Goddess became perhaps no more direct, but more pronounced, more pointed.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Somber wrote:
Somber wrote:Um... I was there at chapter one.  Does that count?  :3

Coo Yes that does count ^^ 

SilentCarto wrote:SilentCarto
ILM126 wrote:Is the factory where Glory lost her wings? I'm pretty sure that's where the factory is.  [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 920138312
It was during that delve, yes. Chapter 26.

Thanks for the confirmation  Dash clapping

@Ice Shake Thanks for the answer, I really liked what you said there. It's a straight to the point and yet still detailed response. ^^

Also, when Blackjack became a blank, does she still have a cutie mark? I wondered that when I saw [url=http://jasper77wang.deviantart.com/art/Tomorrow-492883815]this[/url] on deviantART.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Tomorrow__by_jasper77wang-d85g7l3
So... does BJ have her Cutie Mark still? And this artwork is amazing ^^

Last edited by ILM126 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:37 am

ILM126 wrote:Thanks for the confirmation  Dash clapping

@Ice Shake Thanks for the answer, I really liked what you said there. It's a straight to the point and yet still detailed response. ^^

Also, when Blackjack became a blank, does she still have a cutie mark? I wondered that when I saw this on deviantART.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Tomorrow__by_jasper77wang-d85g7l3
You're welcome.

As for the cutie mark, nope. See, for instance:
Chapter 69 wrote:        “Another one of those damned impersonators!” yelled another.
       “You don’t even have her cutie mark!” guffawed a third.  “Get her off the stage!”
       “Now wait a minute,” I said, glad for the authority of the microphone, cutting off the hecklers.  “I am Blackjack, also the pony known as Security.  We are all here because this place... this horrible, dangerous place, is our home.  It’s a home that is under attack by enemies seeking to either control us or destroy us.”  The heckling died away as I took a deep breath.  If I stopped, I’d probably never get going again.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:19 am

Nice picture, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Blackjack Cutie Mark and Stuff

Post by ILM126 Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:11 am

Icy Shake wrote:
ILM126 wrote:Thanks for the confirmation  Dash clapping

Also, when Blackjack became a blank, does she still have a cutie mark? I wondered that when I saw this on deviantART.
You're welcome.

As for the cutie mark, nope. See, for instance:
Chapter 69 wrote:        “Another one of those damned impersonators!” yelled another.
       “You don’t even have her cutie mark!” guffawed a third.  “Get her off the stage!”
       “Now wait a minute,” I said, glad for the authority of the microphone, cutting off the hecklers.  “I am Blackjack, also the pony known as Security.  We are all here because this place... this horrible, dangerous place, is our home.  It’s a home that is under attack by enemies seeking to either control us or destroy us.”  The heckling died away as I took a deep breath.  If I stopped, I’d probably never get going again.

Ok, so now that's confirmed ^^

O. HindsNice picture, though.

Mhm ^^ Kkat literally started a fandom within a fandom! I wonder if that's possible?! And Somber also created another empire with his story, with his word length and genius writing! =D  Fluttershy
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:22 pm

I've been re-reading the older chapters because there is so much I've forgotten like Nails saying he's sorry for what happened on the boat while she was in the happyhouse. I totally missed that the first time but it's good to see her having mercy on him pay off in the long run. 

There really is just so much intertwined stuff you have to reread to take it all in.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:30 pm

I've read PH four times now and still find things that I hadn't necessarily missed, but I'd forgotten. Or other things that seemed insignificant but in hindsight are absolute foreshadows. A testament to the incredible writing quality I think.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:44 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Nice picture, though.
True that. And as they say, don't look a gift horse on the ass.  Spike

ILM126 wrote:Kkat literally started a fandom within a fandom! I wonder if that's possible?! And Somber also created another empire with his story, with his word length and genius writing! =D  Fluttershy
Yeah, it's something that happens from time to time. Of course, it's the sort of thing that's not going to tend to be especially visible outside of the parent fandom, so I can't think of too many. But in FiM there's also the Conversion Bureau sub-fandom, Doctor Whooves, that sort of thing. Outside, you've got things like Superwholock or Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

Chapter Sixty Three Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Three Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Three Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:52 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:"of Mr. Handy's"
Really? Huh.

Icy Shake wrote:in chapters 62.2 (5 cases) and 71 (1), her name is "Farsight," where in this chapter, it's "Fargazer."
Oops! Corrected to "Farsight". Thanks.

Icy Shake wrote:delete the "to"
That would make the clause "From the magical radiation be hitting us now", and I don't think that Moonshadow has a dialect in which that works. :)
I've removed the "be" as well.

Pity Meleagridis hasn't been in in a while.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next