Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Scienza wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I've still got no idea if those are supposed to be dudes or chicks. 

Man, Japan lost its shit. What happened to the days of bloodthirsty, suicidal militarism and fanatical imperialism? Nowadays it's all about spike-haired boy-women and "cute" animals. 

I miss the days of seppuku and feudal oppression.
Apparently, my great-granddad was a collaborator during the Japanese occupation of Korea.
*scribbles down on notebook* "Scienza: Asian ancestry? Needs further investigation."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:49 pm

TO ANCESTRY.COM
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:14 pm

My grandpa served as a demolitions expert sometime during the Korean war. I don't know where he was stationed, but his next promotion was supposed to be Drill Sergeant, if I remember correctly. I was told that, despite his Jekyll and Hyde nature, he didn't take the promotion because he "couldn't be an asshole".

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I've still got no idea if those are supposed to be dudes or chicks. 

Man, Japan lost its shit. What happened to the days of bloodthirsty, suicidal militarism and fanatical imperialism? Nowadays it's all about spike-haired boy-women and "cute" animals. 

Apparently, my great-granddad was a collaborator during the Japanese occupation of Korea.
*scribbles down on notebook* "Scienza: Asian ancestry? Needs further investigation."
Harmony: "One day the world will cry out 'save us', and I'll whisper.....'For a nominal fee, of course. And I'll expect some policy changes. I've outlined them here'" *Hands over pre-prepared binder entitled "World Domination Salvation."
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Welp, I'm gonna postpone posting the revised edition here for some while.
Getting tackled with 3 projects at once is a bit draining. Especially as the stupid RPG sheet program was defunct... 215x280 mm my ass...
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Scienza wrote:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 T0GC1Sj
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Yes, mock me. Mock the one who knows all your dirty little secrets and where you hide your skeletons. Especially you Frost - I'll remind you of the favor you owe me after I helped you with your "closet problem"...

On an unrelated subject, anyone wants to buy these things from me? *points toward a few bags of white, ivory-like sculptures and baubles*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm

My only closet problem is that it wasn't big enough for all my skeletons. 

And the dude-fuckin' thing. That was a bit of a dillema too, perhaps.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Unrelated, but amusing.
@Skeletons:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Dungeon Crawler used Pitchfork!

It's not very effective...

Skeleton used Sass

EMOTIONAL CRIT
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Mister Frost wrote:My only closet problem is that it wasn't big enough for all my skeletons. 

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Cuteness level over 8000:

Heeh...

Must we always use closets to hold our skeletons? Why not put them on display in the living room?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:My only closet problem is that it wasn't big enough for all my skeletons. 

Spoiler:
How I feel about you and your jokes:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Seriously, you need to grow a sense of humor
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Seriously, you need to grow a sense of humor

I've known Frost since we were kids. That is his sense of humor.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Sarcasm, insults and put-downs are how I show affection. And friendship. And communicate in general. 

If I have a legitimate problem with someone, I'll straight up tell them.

For example: I think you are an unintelligent, unpleasant person and I deeply loathe you and everything about you.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Oddly enough I prefer it that way. Far too many people beat around the bush for god damn everything and can't be direct. If I'm being a nuisance I'd rather someone just say "dude stop being a pain in the ass" than just try to ignore it or be polite about it.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm

I laughed way to hard:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 pm

<p>So, I attended my first volleyball game tonight. That was a lot of fun actually, even if my school lost. <span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span></p>

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:15 am

Downloaded Skill wrote:Oddly enough I prefer it that way. Far too many people beat around the bush for god damn everything and can't be direct. If I'm being a nuisance I'd rather someone just say "dude stop being a pain in the ass" than just try to ignore it or be polite about it.
I don't think that's odd. Personally I prefer someone be frank and direct with me than waste my time and possibly emotional investment on a misunderstanding.

I like when things are clear and established, when it comes to interpersonal relationships.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 am

Well, there's being honest, and there's being abrasive.

You could say the same thing in a way that does not offend. If necessary, just invoke "personal reasons".

Diplomacy, people. It is always useful. Chrysalis
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:51 am

I think it's one thing to say "I don't want to go to the funeral because I didn't like that person in life" and a whole 'nother to say "They did the world a favor by offing themselves".

You're still saying the same thing, it's honest and not what I'd call a lie, white or otherwise. you're just not emphasizing your dislike of that person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 am

I will not lie and pretend to like someone that I loathe just to keep things "peaceful". But that doesn't mean, for the sake of the people that I actually like, that I won't keep my mouth shut in certain circumstances. (Like, for an example eerily similar to the one that was brought up, I get dragged to a lot of funerals for rather distant family members I've never met. I don't give a rat's ass about these people, and I certainly won't stand up and start talking about how great they were and how they'll be missed, but I'm not about to stand up and berate the begrieved family members for wasting an entire day of my life to drag me to this bullshit)

"Honesty" and "Abrasiveness" are not mutually inclusive, nor is Honesty and Dishonesty quite the dichotomy you seem to think. Your honest opinion, in many circumstances, is a great thing. Something to shake things up in interactions where it's common practice to tiptoe and dance around issues. Your honest opinion in emotionally charged circumstances where no one asked or cares, yeah, that's a different story. 

As usual, I have to explain my fairly simple, straightforward views in complex ways, so the "common sense" aspect of it stops flying over people's heads. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:14 am

Mister Frost wrote:Sarcasm, insults and put-downs are how I show affection. And friendship. And communicate in general. 

If I have a legitimate problem with someone, I'll straight up tell them.

For example: I think you are an unintelligent, unpleasant person and I deeply loathe you and everything about you.

I like you
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:26 am

I get that a lot, though the feeling is not mutual
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:53 am

Doesn't have to be.

We just have different views on the same kind of mindset
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Sewing is hard.

Well, not as much hard as it's slow. But my Insane Pinkamena apron is about 2/3 done.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 pm

(D:):
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:23 pm

"Luckily, I've got transportation for the trip. This white van right over here."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:24 am

Downloading Wasteland 2 after finding a copy on super sale. Hopeful that it will actually run on my computer - if not, well, it'll be something to look forward to when I eventually upgrade. Anyone else been playing anything new and/or interesting?

@Honesty is the Best Policy, but Politesse Starts with the Same First Four Letters
I dunno quite where I stand on this, tbh. Part of me wants people to be honest with me, sure, but at the same time I feel like I'm secure enough with my own self-image at this point to not really worry about whether or not people are being honest. As for being honest, I usually just put on a quietly friendly persona when interacting with people I don't know, until I do know them, at which point I slowly start to interact with them in ways that seem to work best. There's less thought involved than I'm making it sound. I guess in the tossed-around funeral situation, I wouldn't pretend to know the guy or mourn, but I'd absolutely tread lightly around the folks who did and match my mood to theirs, or to something appropriately somber.

When it comes to interacting with people I dislike initially, I generally try to find something about them that I can work with, and don't get in their face about anything until I have. Never seems to be worth it to start anything, and plenty of times I find they'd just put the wrong foot forward initially.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next