Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza on Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Now here's where it gets interesting. I think that Rampage's feelings for Scotch run a whole lot deeper than just maternal projection onto any foal, but I think that Rampage sees herself along the lines of your argument. It ultimately boils down to the argument of Rampage's personhood. Blackjack sees Rampage as a person in her own right, while Ramps sees herself as a sum of her parts. She doubts every emotion she feels as merely the stirrings of her contingent souls, leading to her volatility and perpetually uncertainty.

As for the reason why I think Rampage cares for Scotch more than just a projection of her dead daughter is that she chose to leave knowing that she was ultimately dangerous for her. It's easy to like a kid, but what separates that from real love is in making the hard choices that sacrifice both of your happiness for the sake of the other's wellbeing. If it were merely her maternal unwillingness to harm any foal, why didn't it manifest for Thorn or that kid in Riverside? Hell, why wasn't it there for her own daughter? The decision was Rampage's, not the mutterings of Officer Softheart or Dr. Octopus mourning his favorite test tube.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Because Rampage isn't the same now as she was back then, mostly. I'm not sure how to describe it. More in control of herself, driven to do good, to emulate Blackjack's standard.
I think it's a hard argument to state she loves Scotch more than she loved her own child.

Basically, I think the difference is in Rampage, not Scotch.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Maybe, but the change only further reinforce my point. Rampage is changing and she's finally coming to accept that maybe there's more for her than a life of wandering finally followed by death. Maybe she can now settle down like she always wanted.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Scienza wrote:Maybe she can now settle down like she always wanted.
She'd really have to stop wanting to die, first, and she still wants that more than anything. She doesn't trust herself around children, so she'd have to avoid anyplace that might attract those, and she'd probably want to be somewhere that had someone that could stop her if she goes crazy.
I am not as optimistic as you are; I just think she's in a bit better control of herself than she used to be.

In either case, still, I don't think she has the attachment to Scotch you think she does.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 29, 2014 1:55 am

swicked wrote:
Soooooo......:
Blackjack: *glares at her bottle of wild pegasus, still half-full, before pouring herself a tiny shot glass and downing it with a slight grimace*
Psychoshy: Is that what people call "drinking in moderation"? Who are you and what have you done with Blackjack?
Blackjack: Ugh... just trying to build up my immunity. Cirrhosify my liver et al. I still love the stuff, but it stings like never before, and Glory actually brought a stomach pump with her to the bar to keep me from any more alcohol-related near-deaths.
Glory: Sue me for caring.
Blackjack: Would that we had a stable legal system in place instead of-
Rampage: Blackjack! Blackjack! Try this drink I made! *shoves a martini glass with a blue liquid in front of her*
Blackjack: Oh? Uh, okay. *downs the glass*
Glory: Blackjack!
Blackjack: What? It was clearly a fruity drink. Eck, and a bit too sweet for my taste. The alcohol in it can't be that... wow, that's starting to burn.
Rampage: I call it a "bloody martini".
Blackjack: I didn't taste any tomato juice. Or, uh, blood, if that's what you were going for.
Rampage: Pfft, come on, Blackjack, do you really think I would feed you blood? No, it's just one part martini with maybe a teeny little two parts antifreeze.
Blackjack: *Glory begins hooking up the stomach pump to a fusion cell* You're kidding me.
Rampage: Nah, it's part of my new business, "Rampage's Drinks for the Hopelessly Sober". People plagued with sobriety due to healing talismans is an uncommon but very real problem in our society.
Blackjack: ...you aren't kidding me. *sighs as Glory sets the hose attachments and pulls Blackjack down to the floor*
Rampage: Can you feel the sting? It's the gin and glycol burning through your stomach lining. If you can keep it down it's a really nice drunk up until your kidneys dissolve. Reminds me of a drink I had back in Friendship City, actually, but better.
Blackjack: *gags and spits out the hose* Wait, Glory, just a second. Why, Rampage? You do realize I'm organic now, right?
Rampage: Well of course I do, silly! What does that have to do with your sense of taste, though?
*Blackjack's groan fades into more gagging as the tube is shoved all the way down her throat*
Rampage: ...though I have to admit, it's disappointing that the sum total of ponies I know of that suffer from hopeless sobriety is back to one. Well, two if you count Deus, but I'm not allowed near his intakes since that incident with the potato.
Psychoshy: Hah, yeah, starting a business is hard. To help with the batpony kingdom, I started up a matchmaking service I've been calling "B-Harpony".
Rampage: Uh huh. So what is it this time, corpses, ghouls or family members?
Psychoshy: Ugh, it's people like you that keep sabotaging my efforts. This is about breeding, after all. Breeding. The only little wriggly things popping out of the dead are maggots.
Rampage: Gross.
Psychoshy: So it hardly matters how great a lay they are- oh, don't give me that look, they are! I'm sick of people writing them off! You can reach SO MANY more positions when everything's detachable. I got this fillydelphia ex-slave to help me put together a book of it. "Karma-Sutra of the Damned". He's over there at the bar. Hey, Seven! Say hi!
Murky: *on a barstool drawing with a very pleased-looking Glimmerlight watching* Uh, *blushes* hi?
Psychoshy: That's my art ex-slave! I mean, you should see some of his early work, the stuff's so dark it makes my past fantasies look like Glory's. Just don't tell him you looked at them, though. He's weirdly sensitive of his experiences in BDSM.
Rampage: And you wonder why people still call you "Psychoshy".
Psychoshy: Hey, it's "Whisper", buddy.
Rampage: No matter how many times you say it, it's not going to stick.
Glory: Yeah, the lot of them are pretty hopeless when it comes to name changes. Morning Glory, Fallen Glory, Rainbow Dash... though I was pretty thankful that last one never stuck.
P-21: *comes over to sit* "Really? I thought "Doctor" was becoming pretty common for you.
Glory: Oh. *blush* I don't have a medical license, though. Just experience. This isn't even a proper stomach pump. Just a dialed-down shop vac. *Blackjack begins thrashing* Oh! Looks like she's empty *turns off vac and yanks out the tube, Blackjack turning over and dry heaving... or cursing... either way, nothing came out*
Rampage: You don't say.
Glory: I mean, there isn't much medical equipment to go around... at least, none that aren't in such a state of damage or disrepair that they don't maim anyone who uses them. Thus, there actually is an market for makeshift meds.
Psychoshy: Hmmm. It's too bad there isn't still demand for orange-favored piss. Oh, excuse me, "recycled Rad-Away". *grins at Blackjack*
Blackjack: *just getting back in her chair, tears in her eyes, tries to speak, realizes she can't, trots over to Stygius and drags him over by his neck-attached chalkboard* *scribble scribble* 'F U' *drops the board, and Stygius, to the ground*
Psychoshy: Hey! I'm the only one that gets to leave Stygius gasping for breath!
P-21: *sigh* Stygius, seriously? I mean, seriously? *goes to help Stygius up*
Psychoshy: Hey, hands off! I still haven't forgiven you for hitting on him! Or trying to kill me, for that matter.
Stygius: *gets up, hacking* *scribble* 'at lest shes hot' *shrugs before getting his chalkboard smacked squarely upside his face by the love of his life*
P-21: Uh huh. Well, "Whisper", you've still got an open invitation to help out with any of my classes over in Chapel. I'm certain your presence as one of our volunteer aggressors would really help the students get over any trepidation they might have toward protecting themselves with lethal force.
Psychoshy: Har har. I don't care what you say, Blue, your "Academy of Practical Sciences" still leaves them completely unprepared for a close-quarters fight.
P-21: ...they're foals. If they can't handle a raider from a distance, I don't see hoof-to-hoof being much help.
Psychoshy: Yeah, you WOULD say that.
P-21: Yeah, because it's true!
Blackjack: *tries to speak, coughs a few times, then picks Stygius up and hurls him into Psychoshy, who checks her watch, shrugs and gets busy*
Rampage: Huh, bat ponies are certainly good problem solvers. Physically, at least.
Blackjack: *coughs and whispers* Yeah, maybe Glory could research their potential medicinal use.
Glory: Huh, given their unique physiology and magic, maybe there WOULD be some benefit to-
Blackjack: *shoves one hoof into Glory's mouth and the other into her own face as she telekinetically pours herself another drink*
Glory: *spits out hoof* Right, not drinking conversation. Uh, Blackjack, you really shouldn't be drinking on an empty stomach...
Blackjack: *glares and throws the drink, shotglass and all, into her mouth... then spits it out again* *cough* Dang it, how long until I stop doing that?!
P-21: Given your eating habits already included the nearly-inedible before being mechanized, I'm not sure.
Blackjack: Just one more thing to bring up at the meeting, I guess.
Rampage: Meeting?
Blackjack: Oh, right, well... you all have your hobbies, businesses and causes, I have mine. I mean, first I tried to put together a moral rehab clinic, but Happyhooves was blown nearly to dust and I wasn't doing so well relying on my own personal expertise.
Glory: She kept letting people go if they said they were sorry.
Blackjack: Right. So, my new effort is to just help the 'heroes'. Watcher distributes the meeting notices.
"Mavericks Anonymous" has actually been doing pretty well, even if each meeting tends to devolve into a contest to see who can get LittlePip to disconnect from her remote terminal first out of sheer horror. Therapeutic, in any case.
Rampage: Why am I only hearing about this now?
Blackjack: *facehoof* Damn me... sigh, so you and Whisper wouldn't show up and one-up everyone. There's a crate of wild pegasus for the first to make it to 5 Littlepip freak-outs.
Psychoshy: *kicks Stygius off* Well, we're in it, now. Spill.
Blackjack: Watcher organizes it around everyone's schedule. Says it's the least he can do nowadays.
Psychoshy: Mmmk. Pretty sure I can take on a dragon. Rampage, you game?
Rampage: More than. See ya. *both leave*
Blackjack: Well, that went better than I thought. In any case, I think I've had enough to drink, pre- and post-pump.
Glory: Kay, then let's go home for the best part of the date.
P-21: Uh, so... you sure you want me to keep going with you two?
Blackjack: Honestly, P-21, that last time was easily the best threesome I've never remembered.
Glory: Aheh, yeah, and the best one I... kinda do.
P-21: Okay, well, I guess that's a night. You know, I never thought I'd enjoy sharing a bed with a mare, let alone two.
Blackjack: I suspect those mares being your best friends helps.
P-21: That it does.
*end scene*

((sorry Last, it's the best ending I could come up with))
I lost it at the bits with Murky and Stygius. Applebloom

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 29, 2014 2:30 am

RoboRed wrote:
swicked wrote:
Soooooo......:
*snip*
I lost it at the bits with Murky and Stygius. Applebloom
Oh good Rarity 
Honestly, it really can be very difficult to tell if something is funny when you're the one that came up with it.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 29, 2014 3:03 am

swicked wrote:
Soooooo......:
((sorry Last, it's the best ending I could come up with))

Not sure if you were serious, but you don't have apologize to me. You can write whatever you want and I still found parts of it funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 am

Can't say I see Glory sleeping (comfortably) with anyone besides Blackjack anymore now that she's got her old body back
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I could if the ending goes like the one in mass effect where you try and romance Liara and Ashley at the same time.

For those of you who don't know Ashley says something along the lines of "I hope the two of you or however many there end up being are happy." If you suggest the three of them try and work something out.

Glory wouldn't just be celibate (I hope I spelled that right.) if BJ rejected her I wouldn't think. I'd imagine there's someone in the Collegiate that suits her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Thu May 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Odds are BJ's gonna die doing something stupid yet heroic and Glory's gonna raise her kid who gets birthed through unknown means

I don't know for sure
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Maybe...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It's been a rough weak. 20 applications, 2 interviews, no job.

And yes, BJ using time travel again and again and again to save the world, yeah.  It'd happen.
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber on Thu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Glory is pretty monogamous, BTW.  P-21 and Splendid counts as 'experimenting', and from what Jenny tells me (gay friend from high school), not that strange.  Try it a few times, find out that it's a lot more awkward than sexy for a lesbian, move back to preferred sexes.  (and yes, I was her experiment, mostly because I was the only guy she knew that wasn't a douche.  Ah... high school....)
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 29, 2014 7:38 pm

That's rough, I missed saying it before, so happy late birthday Somber.

Hopefully your job hunt will go better.

@Glory Good to hear. Thank you.

Last edited by Last on Thu May 29, 2014 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Somber wrote:Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's been a rough weak. 20 applications, 2 interviews, no job.
Sorry. Good luck!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 2:02 am

So...

Maybe another dicussion? First order of business next chapter is escaping from the batpony's castle.

Way I see it there are few routes.

1. The bat ponies being completely cut off from the rest of the world means they're probably lacking in something else besides new DNA. Unless I missed something. So finding out what that something else is and bargaining could work.

2. Stygius can read and write. So that might mean books or a library anything one could read from. That of course means a possible source where BJ can learn about where she is and what if anything she can do to escape on her own.

3. Hades seems pretty prideful, maybe a duel like BJ had with Stronghoof would work.

4.Stygius could sneak BJ out.

5. BJ could use her new spear to negotiate.

6.Powerhoof negotiations.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri May 30, 2014 2:48 am

I think the most likely route is the queen. She's more reasonable and can likely manipulate her husband into releasing BJ for some reason or another.
Though yeah, it might take a dual or some other ritualistic junk to get him to relent.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Fri May 30, 2014 3:23 am

Somber wrote:Maybe...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It's been a rough weak. 20 applications, 2 interviews, no job.

And yes, BJ using time travel again and again and again to save the world, yeah.  It'd happen.
I'm very sorry, sir... I really hope things will be okay for you... *hugs very gently*
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Fri May 30, 2014 8:14 am

swicked wrote:This theory is strained a bit by the fact that Glory has been off in a lab over the months Blackjack was gone while P-21 continued to work in Chapel...
Well, Glory was at Chapel when Cogjack got there. Granted, Cogs might have phoned ahead, but with Glory's wing restored, there's not much to stop her circling south around the Core and flying across the river to reach the Collegiate. It's a bit of a commute, but she probably doesn't have to do it every day.

Scienza wrote:Icy raises the point that they already seem like a family, and that's because they are, Rampage and Lacs (though sadly not anymore) included. And that's where I see the story going, not just BJ and her chosen partner(s), but the whole family living together in Star House.
Eh, Rampage might as well be wearing a flashing neon sign that says, "I'm not going to live through the end of the story." If nothing else, a starmetal knife should do the trick.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:This theory is strained a bit by the fact that Glory has been off in a lab over the months Blackjack was gone while P-21 continued to work in Chapel...
Well, Glory was at Chapel when Cogjack got there. Granted, Cogs might have phoned ahead, but with Glory's wing restored, there's not much to stop her circling south around the Core and flying across the river to reach the Collegiate. It's a bit of a commute, but she probably doesn't have to do it every day.

Didn't Glory state she had not flown with it yet when BJ spied on her? Also you're assuming Glory was there when Cogs arrived. Cogs could have arrived and was waiting for Glory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady on Fri May 30, 2014 4:15 pm

swicked wrote:I think the most likely route is the queen. She's more reasonable and can likely manipulate her husband into releasing BJ for some reason or another.
Though yeah, it might take a dual or some other ritualistic junk to get him to relent.
Mmh yeah I won't be surprised if the Queen is an influencing factor in the next chapter.
Perhaps by persuading the King or revealing an secret tunnel or something. There has to be a secret passageway somewhere, it's a castle after all. Or perhaps a quest?

Also, batponies? I'm totally officially plugging the following sentence somewhere in the chapter:
Spoiler:

Also, Somber isn't Patreon maybe something for you?
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Shady wrote:Also, Somber isn't Patreon maybe something for you?

Fimflam claimed that was more reliable then donations, maybe it is something to look into.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf on Fri May 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Last wrote:
told me that the reason that she had sex with P-21 and Splendid was that she was a lesbian mare in a straight mare's body who was under the influence of hormones and that she would not be having sex with stallions anymore.
I thought Rainbow Dash was bi for Applejack...
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Yes, I believe that was the headcanon Scienza submitted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy on Sat May 31, 2014 6:15 am

I really hope BJ doesn't die. That would be really sad. It would ruin the whole story for me.
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Loud Taffy
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 on Sat May 31, 2014 11:22 am

I dunno. At this point it seems likely that her whole "wasteland over myself" mindset would bring her to do just that if it calls for it.
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 am

Rayndalf wrote:
Last wrote:
told me that the reason that she had sex with P-21 and Splendid was that she was a lesbian mare in a straight mare's body who was under the influence of hormones and that she would not be having sex with stallions anymore.
Because she totally is. At least, in my headcanon.

@BlackjackGoingBust

I'm not sure where the story's going to go. Queen Whiskey isn't suicidal anymore, but her extreme tendencies towards self-sacrifice and martyrdom are still very self-destructive. I think she's more aware of them, especially after fighting Lighthooves, but I don't think she can control them.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 on Sat May 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Scienza wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Last wrote:
Because she totally is. At least, in my headcanon.

@BlackjackGoingBust

I'm not sure where the story's going to go. Queen Whiskey isn't suicidal anymore, but her extreme tendencies towards self-sacrifice and martyrdom are still very self-destructive. I think she's more aware of them, especially after fighting Lighthooves, but I don't think she can control them.
Exactly. I feel like if it came down to save the wasteland a but later and survive, or save it right now but die Blackjack would choose to save it ASAP. Of course it's entirely possible Glory or P-21 may somehow stop or hinder her.
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm still trying to wrap my my mind around "Bi for Applejack"

Last time I checked...weren't they both mares?
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my my mind around "Bi for Applejack"

Last time I checked...weren't they both mares?
All of the mane six were straight. It was said in FoE at some point, I believe, and kkat confirmed it.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow on Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 pm

True...

Twi had Big Mac
Applejack had Applesnack
Fluttershy had Goldenblood
Rarity had Vanity

Seems like Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the unknowns here