Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 am

Last wrote:They do tie into the plot though. They just aren't the focus. Tears are, the vigors are apart of that, in fact the only reason they exist is through tears.

Vigors are not just Columbia's version of Plasmids they are Plasmids. Fink just rebranded them.

Oh, really? Then what impact did it have on the storyline? From what I can tell, you can take all of it out, and aside from the few times that make them mandatory to progress, it wouldn't change the story one bit.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu May 22, 2014 12:26 pm

The plot mandated points where you need to get them is all there there for. But don't you dare say " you could take them out" cause they're expected to be there.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 pm

And they only reason they're expected to be there is because the designers made it the only way to progress. Take the posession vigor. You use it once, when there's no other option, and it doesn't come up again for the rest of the game. Was there an outbreak of crime due to someone abusing the Possession vigor? Was someone important in the story possessed and forced to do things that they wouldn't have done otherwise? If it doesn't tie into where the plot is heading, then I consider it an artifact of the Bioshock series that they shoehorned into the game so that people are reminded they are playing Bioshock.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 1:38 pm

But plasmids weren't important to the original story. ADAM was. A material columbia does not have access to.

You are remembering it wrong SK a majority of the enemies you face in the original bioshock do not use Plasmids. Or you are forgetting the lead head, thuggish and spider splicers.

Let me exlain to you the difference between having access to ADAM and vigors are. You used ADAM to purchase either plasmids or gene tonics from a gatherer's garden. You know what that means? The gatherer's garden programs your raw ADAM that you've put in to be anything from incinerate to sport's boost and many other things you just don't have access to as the player.

There is no plasmid that teleports you or a gene tonic that makes you run along the walls in the game. But they clearly do exist.

In columbia you have very specific preprogrammed ADAM. The citizens do not have any access to the raw materials.

Also a story where a guy is just running around possessing people? How about instead thay have a story about a raven cult where one of the members uses a crow plasmid to do ritual sacrifice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm

The firemen are using Devil's Kiss, Slate dropped some Shock Jockey traps, and the Siren has a super possession ability that raises the dead.
I believe you're focusing on something like its suppose to be a major plot point but it isn't. Much like the voxiphones they don't have to be there, but its required for a Bioshock game.

They're window dressings, extra spice to make it different from other games.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 pm

I think I'm missing the big question here. What exactly defines a game to be of the Bioshock series? Is it as you say, the window dressings that make it all the difference? Hold on... Let me dig through my history to try and find something that influences my opinions on the game.

Ah, here it is:
Vidya:
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Thu May 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Lol:

http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/86519286383/commandereyebrows-chachipistachis
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 22, 2014 3:12 pm

lolwat Applebloom 

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 22, 2014 4:41 pm

swickedbait:

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I think I'm missing the big question here. What exactly defines a game to be of the Bioshock series? Is it as you say, the window dressings that make it all the difference? Hold on... Let me dig through my history to try and find something that influences my opinions on the game.

Ah, here it is:
Vidya:

As stated in that video, Bioshock Infinite had a very troubled production, taking over three years to make and being scrapped numerous times before they finally had something they was willing to ship out. And I think it's been stated they wasn't completely happy with the final product, but unfortunately you can't just postpone forever in that business and they probably went with something they knew would sell and tried to make it as good as they could.

And while the video has a good point, and maybe the next game Ken Levin and his team can be the Bioshock game they truly wanted to make, in this case yes the window dressing that is Plasmids/Vigors are what make a Bioshock game until they make something different. If they don't have those it's just another shooter with a similar theme to a previous one.

Also it could be that the Vigors are so new to the general public very few people have them. The population of Columbia probably doesn't change all that much from year to year to warrant them trying to sell the Vigors as hard as they did at the fair. The enemies that use them are the Firemen that work with the police, and high ranking Order of the Raven members, people who where probably granted special access before all the regular people. Plasmids had been around for years even before the fall of Rapture.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu May 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Also it could be that the Vigors are so new to the general public very few people have them. The population of Columbia probably doesn't change all that much from year to year to warrant them trying to sell the Vigors as hard as they did at the fair. The enemies that use them are the Firemen that work with the police, and high ranking Order of the Raven members, people who where probably granted special access before all the regular people. Plasmids had been around for years even before the fall of Rapture.
I haven't watched the video yet, but I always figured the Vigors are temporary. I mean, if they were permanent, the population isn't really large enough to sustain the industry. Maybe just a few hours, a day at most, so while some people who feel dedicated to a particular one might stock up and keep some on them, the rest probably just kept a couple at home for home defense or particular outings. They likely don't have much need for any one of them day-to-day.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Alright, this motherfucker's Family Day is tomorrow, meaning, due to Memorial Day, I have my phone (and am on pass) until Monday night. Then, in just a few more weeks, I'll fucking graduate and finally be out of Basic, having only taken eight and a half goddamn months to do it.
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 pm

'Bout time, eh?

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Just about. This cycle's going smooth, though. Drill Sergeant Thomas, the platoon's primary instructor, is the kind of Drill who'll make the platoon dig fighting positions and sleep in a patrol base for STT (which, me being on a gun crew, means I don't sleep until I've dug a 7x7x5'6'' pit to sleep in with two other unwashed dudes) but will then proceed to dare the bug-phobic team leader to eat a grubworm he found with the accusation of "no balls", which turns a simple dare into the sacred duty of any self-respecting Infantryman.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan on Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Breaking news.

Apparently the NRA is refusing to make a deal that will allow gun shops to sell not only regular gun, but also smart guns.

In other words, the NRA is refusing to make a deal that will let gun stores to sell more guns.

I don't even...
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes, but breaking news from who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm

@Tytan

I feel a disturbance in the Force...

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Personally, I think we shouldn't get guns at all. You want to kill someone, you brain him with an E-tool and curb stomp his dog, fair and square, like the good old days.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Robo, I think Frost has spoken. I think he would like his rank to be changed to "Crazed E-Tool-Toting 'Murican"

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm

All y'all non-11B's don't know our secrets, man. We don't even use those M4's, they're just for show. We just hold the rounds in front of us and fire them with our fucking E-tools. We simply dig down nine inches, get in the prone, and become utterly invisible. It is a weapon to rival the mightiest rake and the keenest pitchfork. You give me a woobie, some 550 cord and an E-tool, I'll make you a fucking tank. Then I'll get out of the tank and ruckmarch away, because we infantry are too stupid hardcore to use such things.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 11:30 pm

I'm concerned with whatever the hell a woobie is...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 22, 2014 11:39 pm

A woobie is basically a blanket on steroids.  They are the best things ever

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Fri May 23, 2014 8:38 am

From my own definition, a woobie is a character you feel sorry for, due to mostly circumstances. Different varients exist, like the iron woobie, who keeps on chugging along even with whatever happens, and a woobie destroyer of worlds, which is a woobie with the capacity to, well, do exactly what the tin says.

Example, WALL-E. Can't help but feel sorry for the guy throughout his story.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri May 23, 2014 9:15 am

A Woobie is more formally known as a poncho liner, and is a blanket-like piece of equipment used, in a pinch, to make a half-assed substitute for an entire sleep system (bag, mat, ect) and we in 4th Plt are only allowed their dubious comfort for sleeping in the field.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri May 23, 2014 9:19 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Example, WALL-E. Can't help but feel sorry for the guy throughout his story.
Are woobies cuties? As in break the cutie, kill the cutie, etc.?
'Cause that's generally all I care for them for.
WALL-E was entertaining, but I can't say I ever felt anything for him.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 am

swicked wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Example, WALL-E. Can't help but feel sorry for the guy throughout his story.
Are woobies cuties? As in break the cutie, kill the cutie, etc.?
'Cause that's generally all I care for them for.
WALL-E was entertaining, but I can't say I ever felt anything for him.
Here's TV Trope's definition:
TV Tropes wrote:A "woobie" is a name for any type of character who makes you feel extremely sorry for them. Basically, the first thing you think to say when you see the woobie is: "Aw, poor baby!" [...] An important aspect of the Woobie is that their suffering must be caused by external sources. A character who suffers as the result of their own actions is a Tragic Hero and does not qualify. [...] The difference between the Woobie and such Sickeningly Sweet characters as the Littlest Cancer Patient is that the audience actually finds the Woobie compelling rather than pathetic. Where you draw the line is sometimes a matter of opinion. [...] f the character is The Chew Toy or a Jerkass, he is not the Woobie (unless the character is also meant to be sympathetic). If the character doesn't let bad events faze him, he is not the Woobie.

As for 'break/kill the cutie' from what I can tell is that 'cutie' status and 'woobie' status are two different things (you can have a non-cute woobie), though if a cutie has been/is being broken then they most likely qualify as a woobie.
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Fri May 23, 2014 9:54 am

And then I realize we're talking about tropes.
*attempts to escape the gravity well*
*fails*

There goes the rest of my day. I hope you're happy.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Fri May 23, 2014 10:00 am

Goddamnit, people. I'm already probably going to spend half my pass on my phone. You keep your crazy-ass lotus-eater death-pit websites to yourselves.
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Fri May 23, 2014 10:17 am

stringtheory wrote:As for 'break/kill the cutie' from what I can tell is that 'cutie' status and 'woobie' status are two different things (you can have a non-cute woobie), though if a cutie has been/is being broken then they most likely qualify as a woobie.
Aye. They can overlap, but are distinct. Merrill from DA2 is a cutie, but she doesn't become a woobie until her blood magic kills everyone.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri May 23, 2014 10:21 am

Ironbait: http://davionx.deviantart.com/art/The-Betrayal-452817019

Swickedbait:
http://silveronekunai.deviantart.com/art/Hula-Celestia-455667711
http://mausefang.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-455657707
http://emmenpett.deviantart.com/art/The-Quiet-of-the-Day-455483478
http://rariedash.deviantart.com/art/Simply-Princess-455672499
http://niegelvonwolf.deviantart.com/art/Royalty-Portrait-Princess-Celestia-455579713
http://ladybeemer.deviantart.com/art/mlp-Princesses-455624889

Swicked/Lastbait: http://nivrozs.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Triad-455602502

Scytobait:
http://irigulus.deviantart.com/art/Rarity-455687108
http://uncertainstardust.deviantart.com/art/Rainbow-Power-Rarity-455486063
http://oemilythepenguino.deviantart.com/art/Rari-steam-455564200
http://navitaserussirus.deviantart.com/art/Genie-Rarity-455521400
http://ceceliaa.deviantart.com/art/Rarity-Madame-455725638

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next