Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RP] Cloudsville's Space Empire RP -- Discussion thread

+2
Scyto Harmony
Harmony Ltd.
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[RP] Cloudsville's Space Empire RP -- Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Cloudsville's Space Empire RP -- Discussion thread

Post by Cptadder Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:28 pm

The Hora Dominion

32 NCP to spend

Sectors:
Faya sector: Core (5 NCP) + 1 Warp Gate (1 NCP) + 1 GDP Boost (1 NCP) = 7 (13,000$)
The Faya sector is home to the primary planets

Tuilla sector:  Core (5 NCP) + 1 GDP Boost (1 NCP) = 6 (12,000$
Nacha sector:  Midrange (3 NCP) + 1 Warp Gate (1 NCP) = 6 (7,000$)

Alamillo sector:Colony (1 NCP) + 1 Warp Gate (1 NCP) + 1 GDP Boost (1 NCP) =3 (5000$)
Lurzen Sector: Colony (1 NCP) + 1 Warp Gate (1 NCP) + 1 GDP Boost (1 NCP) =3 (5000$)
Mora sector:Colony (1 NCP)  + 1 GDP Boost (1 NCP)= 2 (4000$)
Tyre Sector:Colony (1 NCP)  + 1 GDP Boost (1 NCP) =2 (4000$)

50,000$ plus trade routes (6000$)
(Trade route)
(Trade route)
(Trade route)
(32 points with three trade routes available)

Military (6k total to spend)

3000x100,000 /2=150 million Dominion Legion soldiers
The ground forces of the Hora Dominion.  Trained, and well armed soldiers motivate to protect their homes in the frontier areas of the dominion.
Despite being a mix of local sector forces and reservists the Hora had standardized training and equipment and emphasis in field live equipment training.

1500x50,000/5= 15 million Soldato class warframes
Normally carried aboard Hora ships each warframe is balances agility and mobility with protection and firepower.  

1000x20,000/10 = 2 million Tenete class warframes
Normally carried in small amounts aboard Hora ships each warframe is designed for heavy assault, ship to ship fighting and orbital drop.  
Where a typical Hora trader might have no Tenete class aboard , a planet ship might have five to forty thousand.

500x20,00/20= 500k Dio class warframes
Every Hora from a smaller explorer vessel to the planet ship around Rene has at least forty Dio class warframes aboard.  There purpose is simple, the defense of central mind of the Hora and the personal protection of the Captain of the Hora.  Possessing enough weaponry to trigger weapon alarms two planets over and with enough power and shielding to massacre a pre-space platoon of soldiers.  They are known informally as "Walking Gunboats" outside of the Hora Dominion.

Fleets: (50k to spend on fleets)
The first thing to understand about Hora ships is their size.  Even a "small" ship is far bigger than another races ships because all Hora ships include some sort of "void".  A large space in the ship ranging from enough room to play a game of football to run mile without having to turn around.  These voids are none-essential portions of the ship swell the size of the ship.  Typically the Captain of the Hora will design the void to his or her or its wishes.  Aboard the Rene Planetship is a very famous two kilometer wide climate controlled garden with flowers, small shrubs and trees of over forty separate planets.  These voids are almost always near the center front of any Hora ships which are almost all spherical in nature.  Central Computer which houses the "mind" of the Hora makes up the middle of any Hora ship.  Weapons are hidden within the skin of the ship designed to roll out at need.  Because of their three sixty design all Hora ships are agile on the helm but sluggish at accelerating even if their stopping is excellent.

The Hora fleets

121x35 Venta class trading vessels (4,200)

The Venta class trading vessels are the smallest Hora ships at just over 800 meter.  They can be found in groups of three or four plying their trade whenever the Hora are tolerated.  They tend to stick to the more civilized areas of the galaxy because their large size makes them obvious targets even if they are armed. Designed for atmosphere entry

35x90 Aurora class exploration ships (3,150) 60 point ship carrying 30 points of gunboats
A familiar sight to any spacer.  An Aurora class is a lose designation given to the 1.4 kilometer wide scout ships that carry twenty Gunboat class (1.5x) for scouting hyperlanes.  Each Aurora is focused on pushing the limits of exploration in and around Hora space.  Some governments even let Aurora's operate within their own territory after paying the Dominion some nominal fee and an agreement for a share in any discoveries.  Designed for atmosphere entry

Able to hold their own against any small pirate group the Aurora will never the less attempt to break contact.  Pirates rather bother Aurora class ships as the survey ships almost never have anything of value but the ship itself.  An Aurora stumbling across a pirate base or political pirates are of course different matters.

28x100 Sede class trading vessels (2,800) 100 point ship
The Sede class trading vessels are the largest Hora vessels at 2 kilometers that can land on a planet surface.  This is restricted to planets with large bodies of water only and to a max of 3 standard gravities.  Their size and armament makes few pirates bother with them.  Unique among Hora ships the Sede offer accommodations to VIPs and other important persons for astronomical fees.  While Venta and Aurora can carry passengers, it is nothing compared to the unique benefits and high end services available aboard a Sede.  Spas, personal assistances, anything a sentient being could want.

116x250 Mirador general vessel
The backbone of the Hora.  The general purpose 4.5 to 6.4 kilometer ship of the Hora. Each one is different slightly in size and configuration. The Mirador are all 230 point ships with 20 points of carried ships. Some are configured with gunboats, some fighters, some troopships depending on roll. Mirador can carry passengers and cargo and are used as such from time to time and there are a handful of Miradors used as cargo vessels but are otherwise they are ships of the people. Ambassador ships, research vessels, the Miradors are all unique one to the next. 250 is just a rough guide to how strong they are.

12x850 Inferno war machine (10,800)
Purpose built ships of war. 12 kilometers to a side, 820 points in ship, 30 points in heavy gunships. Unlike other Hora ships the Inferno vessels don't bother with patches or hatchs. They appear as giant spheres studded with weaponry, carrying Dio class war machines configured for group support or ship to ship combat. Rarely seen inside populated areas. Each Inferno class ship is a machine of war pure and simple. Even the void all other Hora ships have is lacking.

50 left over, will edit later

Last edited by Cptadder on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[RP] Cloudsville's Space Empire RP -- Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP] Cloudsville's Space Empire RP -- Discussion thread

Post by Tytan Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:29 pm

I feel I should mention that I made no mention of trade vessels in my points expenditure. That's partly because I didn't think of them at the time, but also because all Thek civilians are unarmed. Including their ships. What they lack in armament they make up for in communication. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, I want it to be a surprise.

Edit: On second thought that might be a good use for the rest of my points, and it wouldn't exactly be efficient if their cargo was easily stolen.

Last edited by Tytan on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Also, I had a question about the warp gates. Is it that they only have about three sectors of range without another gate? And what's the "BAMF!" thing?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Tytan wrote:I feel I should mention that I made no mention of trade vessels in my points expenditure. That's partly because I didn't think of them at the time, but also because all Thek civilians are unarmed. Including their ships. What they lack in armament they make up for in communication. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, I want it to be a surprise.
I included them because all Hora are ships which means there is no unarmed Hora. No way they want one of their own to fall into unfriendly hands without at least the equivalent of a black powder canon.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 pm

I think I'm gonna make some trade vessels.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2