Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Technowolf on Sat May 24, 2014 9:55 am

Don't forget that she also slept with Stygius, so the babies might be his.  In fact, that might be slightly better as there's less chance that the Styg's related to her (my headcanon is that P-21 and Blackjack are siblings) and it gives King Hades a tangible reason to help Blackjack.
avatar
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 60
Brohoof! : 29
Join date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Dutcher on Sat May 24, 2014 10:03 am

Technowolf wrote:Don't forget that she also slept with Stygius, so the babies might be his.  In fact, that might be slightly better as there's less chance that the Styg's related to her (my headcanon is that P-21 and Blackjack are siblings) and it gives King Hades a tangible reason to help Blackjack.
I thought it was known that it belonged to stygius?
Like who else can it really be?
avatar
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 83
Brohoof! : 9
Join date : 2014-04-18

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Technowolf on Sat May 24, 2014 10:12 am

Dutcher wrote:
Technowolf wrote:Don't forget that she also slept with Stygius, so the babies might be his.  In fact, that might be slightly better as there's less chance that the Styg's related to her (my headcanon is that P-21 and Blackjack are siblings) and it gives King Hades a tangible reason to help Blackjack.
I thought it was known that it belonged to stygius?
Like who else can it really be?

P-21.  He, Blackjack, and Glory had sexy-times back in the Society while the latter were in heat, remember?
avatar
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 60
Brohoof! : 29
Join date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Dutcher on Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 am

that was.. what 3 days before they discovered the baby?
Is that enough time?
avatar
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 83
Brohoof! : 9
Join date : 2014-04-18

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow on Sat May 24, 2014 10:33 am

I doubt any of the rapists are the father, because Blackjack still had her anti-baby device

She only lost that because her cyber-body ate it because it was metal
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Train Dodger on Sat May 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I doubt any of the rapists are the father, because Blackjack still had her anti-baby device

She only lost that because her cyber-body ate it because it was metal

Technically, she shouldn't be pregnant at all. If the device was a copper IUD, then it should have taken several months for her to become fertile again after her implants digested it. However, it was never explicitly stated what it is, only that it was made from metal. It could be magical for all we know.

If, say, she immediately regained her fertility after the implanted contraceptive was no longer present, and if it wasn't spermicidal and only prevented implantation of a fertilized egg, then the possibility that it was one of the scoundrels who raided the Seahorse cannot be entirely ruled out. Sperm can stay viable for up to a week once inside. She was cyberized and walking around three days later. That's a very small window, but it is, sadly, quite possible.

Wait, why am I talking about post-apocalyptic cartoon horse fertility? Goddammit, internet! 

Applebloom
avatar
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 65
Brohoof! : 28
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat May 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Can she become pregnant outside of a heat cycle?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Sat May 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Last wrote:Can she become pregnant outside of a heat cycle?
No.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow on Sat May 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Meh, whatever happens, happens
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza on Sat May 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Blackjack is just so far beyond the normal bounds of science, either in-universe or IRL, that it's almost impossible to predict exactly how and why certain things are happening to her.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1611
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow on Sat May 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Exactly

Besides, we all know Discord is the father
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza on Sat May 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Personally, I think Blackjack is pregnant with another clone.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1611
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat May 24, 2014 8:44 pm

swicked wrote:
Last wrote:Can she become pregnant outside of a heat cycle?
No.

Then, without a doubt it is (they are?) P-21's or more accurately it (they?) came from P-21's sperm. Depending if the baby even gets born or BJ survives, she may choose to raise it with someone else.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Silver136 on Sat May 24, 2014 9:04 pm

On the topic of blank fertility, I don't think even hormone injections would help. The chapter says blanks lack hormone regulation abilities, so unless she gets a treatment to control what she's got I can't see it working.
avatar
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Posts : 435
Brohoof! : 24
Join date : 2013-11-19

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sat May 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Last wrote:Ummm, but that is clearly not what Cognitum said. She said she'd look for a suitable surrogate, she didn't say BJ could carry her baby in a few weeks.

It's pretty clear to me that BJ will not be carrying this baby. At least not in the blank body she has now.
Well, still, sticking the fetus in a stasis tube might open up some significant possibilities.

If the problem is that the blank body is too "fresh" and won't get its hormones sorted out in time for the baby, a stasis tube might grant them just the reprieve they need.

If not, once Cogjack is defeated, it might be possible to transplant a few of BJ's original organs to replace whatever's malfunctioning in the blank body. (Jesus, between the healing talisman and all the other cybernetics, you could probably behead Cogs and still convince the body to keep her organs fresh. This is getting creepier all the time...)

If all else fails, and this falls heavily under the heading of 'extreme measures', a half-sister would be close enough for a decent chance of successful surrogacy, a couple of decades down the road. The foal will undoubtedly be terribly confused by having no less than three mommies. (Potentially four, if P-21 and Glory's daughter turns out gay too.)

swicked wrote:But, more seriously, why not Glory?
...because the baby is not in any way related to Glory. Zero chance of success.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat May 24, 2014 11:49 pm

SilentCarto wrote:If the problem is that the blank body is too "fresh" and won't get its hormones sorted out in time for the baby, a stasis tube might grant them just the reprieve they need.

I've actually been thinking about this. That tree, when we saw it, was endlessly spewing blanks, could you imagine how crazy things would get if the blanks could reproduce? I think they were intentionally designed that way.

SilentCarto wrote:(Potentially four, if P-21 and Glory's daughter turns out gay too.)

Wait a minute. What? I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 am

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:But, more seriously, why not Glory?
...because the baby is not in any way related to Glory. Zero chance of success.
Yeah, I forgot about the stipulation to the spell . Nevermind.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rayndalf on Sun May 25, 2014 2:48 am

Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:If the problem is that the blank body is too "fresh" and won't get its hormones sorted out in time for the baby, a stasis tube might grant them just the reprieve they need.

I've actually been thinking about this. That tree, when we saw it, was endlessly spewing blanks, could you imagine how crazy things would get if the blanks could reproduce? I think they were intentionally designed that way.
That is a very good point.
avatar
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Posts : 95
Brohoof! : 6
Join date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza on Sun May 25, 2014 9:45 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:But, more seriously, why not Glory?
...because the baby is not in any way related to Glory. Zero chance of success.
Yeah, I forgot about the stipulation to the spell . Nevermind.
Unless the baby is Glory's.

Because lesbian magic.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1611
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 10:41 am

Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:(Potentially four, if P-21 and Glory's daughter turns out gay too.)
Wait a minute. What? I think you're getting ahead of yourself.
Where did you think a half-sister for P-21 and BJ's child was going to come from? I did stipulate leaving the fetus in stasis for 20-some years.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 10:49 am

Last wrote:I've actually been thinking about this. That tree, when we saw it, was endlessly spewing blanks, could you imagine how crazy things would get if the blanks could reproduce? I think they were intentionally designed that way.
That doesn't make sense. Blanks are not an intended output of the system. They're what happened when Sanguine cycled the system without having its critical Project Chimera parts unlocked. The intention was to build transplant organs and even entire replacement bodies for those who'd been too badly injured to survive otherwise. As I said some time ago, it would be a pretty poor replacement if such a critical function were disabled.

Granted, being rendered sterile is better than death, but... well, it's all just hormones and meat. I don't see why a replacement body should be incapable of reproducing if it can successfully carry out other hormone-related functions like digestion, sugar uptake and release, or feeling pleasure and fear responses.

Anyway, you're assuming that blanks, who have so little volition they don't even know to seek food when they're hungry, would be capable of something as complex as obeying sexual urges.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 12:43 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Last wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:(Potentially four, if P-21 and Glory's daughter turns out gay too.)
Wait a minute. What? I think you're getting ahead of yourself.
Where did you think a half-sister for P-21 and BJ's child was going to come from? I did stipulate leaving the fetus in stasis for 20-some years.

But that doesn't make any sense. While psychoshy and BJ clearly don't believe in it, artificial insemination is a thing. A simple thing in fact. It only requires a syringe. P-21 is sub-par donor at best, he has a history of drug abuse and very possibly slightly in-bred. Unless you're suggesting Glory have a child just to save BJ's. Which honestly if I was that daughter I would say "fuck you" to both my mothers.

Besides I wouldn't think P-21 would even give her donation given his past.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Last wrote:Besides I wouldn't think P-21 would even give her donation given his past.
Uh... I know you read the end of Chapter 57, because that's when BJ got pregnant. And also that part where Glory slept with Splendid. Neither P-21 nor Glory would be breaking new ground. Is it really so hard to believe that, once everything got settled down, Glory would be okay with having a kid?

And I distinctly recall calling that "extreme measures".

P.S. Editing:

Chapter 57 wrote:Scotch Tape hopping up between the two robotic DJs and playing music that was less twirl and more bouncing base.
Should be "bass".


Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun May 25, 2014 2:39 pm

But that was only part of the point Silent, offering up your own services is one thing. If Glory said she was willing to offer up her womb to BJ so Glory could have BJ's baby that's fine.

But having a child, and offering them up to BJ is incredibly selfish. Choosing a male that has problems with not only drug abuse, but is again possibly slightly in-bred so your kid can serve this purpose is even more selfish.

And as far as wanting more kids, well doesn't she have two younger siblings to take care of when all is said and done?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Last wrote:But having a child, and offering them up to BJ is incredibly selfish.
You say that as if the kid -- by then an adult -- had no say in the matter.

And again, which part of "extreme measures" confuses you? It's a potential solution. That's all. Not a great solution, not one I'm advocating, and it certainly has uncomfortable moral implications, which I thought I implied in the original post. It's just a solution.

Choosing a male that has problems with not only drug abuse, but is again possibly slightly in-bred so your kid can serve this purpose is even more selfish.
I... buh... WHAT?? How about choosing a male that she loves?!

And as far as wanting more kids, well doesn't she have two younger siblings to take care of when all is said and done?
I don't have the slightest idea how to respond to this.  Helping to raise one's school-aged siblings is not even remotely the same as having a child of your own.

But anyway, that sort of implies that Sky Striker can't do the job himself, and he's been handling it for what, ten years now?
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza on Sun May 25, 2014 3:46 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Choosing a male that has problems with not only drug abuse, but is again possibly slightly in-bred so your kid can serve this purpose is even more selfish.
I... buh... WHAT?? How about choosing a male that she loves?!
That's actually really important, since there doesn't seem to be anything beyond a platonic relationship between Glory and P-21. Sex is one thing, and even that she's only accepted because of Blackjack pressuring her to accept that it's totally not unhealthy for their elation, but when it comes to actual love, Glory seems to be pretty monogamous. 

This also segues into the discomfort I still feel over Blackjack's lack of faith towards Glory. I get that her attitude towards sex is very casual, but Glory's isn't, and Blackjack knows this. She knows that when she touches butts with other ponies, it deeply pained (and probably still pains) Glory, but Blackjack hasn't changed her attitude at all. She can't control her hormones or what she's attracted to, but the fact that she goes googly-eyed over every stallion she comes across kind of cheapens her relationship with Glory and gives the unpleasant impression that, when you get down to it, Blackjack doesn't really care about her nearly as much as Glory cares about BJ. Compare it to Glory's three months of longing and melancholy and you can see why I feel uncomfortable about this.


Last edited by Scienza on Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1611
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Sun May 25, 2014 3:55 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Last wrote:Besides I wouldn't think P-21 would even give her donation given his past.
Uh... I know you read the end of Chapter 57, because that's when BJ got pregnant. And also that part where Glory slept with Splendid. Neither P-21 nor Glory would be breaking new ground. Is it really so hard to believe that, once everything got settled down, Glory would be okay with having a kid?

And I distinctly recall calling that "extreme measures".

P.S. Editing:

Chapter 57 wrote:Scotch Tape hopping up between the two robotic DJs and playing music that was less twirl and more bouncing base.
Should be "bass".
Ah, thank you.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow on Sun May 25, 2014 4:03 pm

The Wasteland ruins everything eventually, so grab love when and wherever you can

If Glory ever wants to be happy, she's going to have to face the fact Blackjack can be rather promiscuous if the situation calls for it

Meanwhile I'm getting really disturbing images of LittlePip sleeping with Redeye to get that bomb that destroyed the Goddess
avatar
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Posts : 1776
Brohoof! : -8
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 24
Location : Under your bed

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Sun May 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Scienza wrote:That's actually really important, since there doesn't seem to be anything beyond a platonic relationship between Glory and P-21. Sex is one thing, and even that she's only accepted because Blackjack does it, but when it comes to actual love, Glory seems to be pretty monogamous.
1) I'm pretty sure you can't call it "platonic" after participating in a threesome.
2) Monogamous except for said threesome. And Splendid. You know, come to think of it, "monogamous" may be a bit too strong a word.
3) You're kind of assuming Glory and P-21's relationship will not have evolved at all during 3 months without BJ, and will continue to fail to evolve in the future. There's been an undercurrent of something between them for a long time -- notably ever since BJ left the group at the FSMC -- and you can call it "platonic love" or "strong frienship" if you want, but I'm just going to go with "love". That doesn't necessarily imply romance or sex, but I don't think it's a stretch to think she'd ask P-21 before anyone else.

P.S. Another Edit:

Chapter 13 wrote:There have been places the Wasteland has shown me that simply said: ‘This place is going to kill you.’  The Boneyard, Pony Joe’s, the Fluttershy Clinic, Brimstone’s Fall.  Heck, I’m pretty sure Hoofington was built two parts menace to one part creepy.
Should be "the Fluttershy Medical Center". And the first line should probably be punctuated, There have been places the Wasteland has shown me that simply said, "This place is going to kill you."
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza on Sun May 25, 2014 4:15 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Scienza wrote:That's actually really important, since there doesn't seem to be anything beyond a platonic relationship between Glory and P-21. Sex is one thing, and even that she's only accepted because Blackjack does it, but when it comes to actual love, Glory seems to be pretty monogamous.
1) I'm pretty sure you can't call it "platonic" after participating in a threesome.
2) Monogamous except for said threesome. And Splendid. You know, come to think of it, "monogamous" may be a bit too strong a word.
3) You're kind of assuming Glory and P-21's relationship will not have evolved at all during 3 months without BJ, and will continue to fail to evolve in the future. There's been an undercurrent of something between them for a long time -- notably ever since BJ left the group at the FSMC -- and I don't think it's a stretch to think she'd ask P-21 before anyone else.
As I mentioned, love and sex are very different. When it comes to sex and attraction, Glory's kind of been pressured into following Blackjack's attitudes, but when it comes to actual heart-pounding, knee-weakening, spend-your-whole-life-together love, she's only ever indicated that towards Blackjack.

And, to be honest, I don't think the relationship between Glory and P-21 has really intensified while BJ was away. Based off Rampage's account, she seems to have been single-mindedly searching for her lost marefriend over the course of the last three months. Rampage's assertion that Glory'd be upset over Blackjack's watching of other ponies' sexy-time, and Splendid's regrets towards Glory suggest that she hasn't been wildly butt-touching over the last three months as well.

EDIT: Maybe you're right that P-21 would be Glory's first choice as a donor (he is, after all, a mutual friend of the two), but I don't think that Glory'd honestly go for it. Of all the possible reasons to have a kid, "for use as a birthing device" is probably one of the worst.
Vinylshadow wrote:The Wasteland ruins everything eventually, so grab love when and wherever you can

If Glory ever wants to be happy, she's going to have to face the fact Blackjack can be rather promiscuous if the situation calls for it

Meanwhile I'm getting really disturbing images of LittlePip sleeping with Redeye to get that bomb that destroyed the Goddess
I'm sorry, but that's not a particularly healthy way to maintain or deal with a relationship. Blackjack feeling horny is not a good reason to continuously hurt her partner. Relationships are all about compromising with and learning to accept your partner's traits, but that doesn't mean she should just expect Glory to accept something that BJ knows causes her pain.
avatar
Scienza
Shipmistress

Posts : 1611
Brohoof! : 248
Join date : 2013-08-28

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum