Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:51 am

It'll be okay, sir. Just do what you can and keep trying your best. *hugs very gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Silver136 Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:04 am

Somber wrote:Folly will make a reappearance.

66 is... sigh... bleugh... some folks said it was okay so far but I dunno... u.u

I really wanted the story finished by chapter 70 but now I dunno about that either.
You've heard it before, but it still rings true. We've been sticking around for this long, if we hadn't we wouldn't be here. Horizons will finish when it finishes and we'll all tag along to enjoy the ride all the way to the end!
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:47 am

Luna dangit! i just got used to it & swicked's Celestia refresh thingy leaves. i think you people hate me -_-

anyways am i the only one who finds the story updates at the worst times? almost every time its right before bed. is that just me or what?
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 am

neoaustin wrote:Luna dangit! i just got used to it & swicked's Celestia refresh thingy leaves. i think you people hate me -_-

anyways am i the only one who finds the story updates at the worst times? almost every time its right before bed. is that just me or what?
Yes, but I'm almost entirely sure that's because of the differing time zones of Somber and parts of the editing team. Many of them also have classes or work during the day.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 am

It's still hilarious to see people go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- when the chapter updates. There's always the option of just waiting until you actually have time to read it instead of making time. I really don't see what problem there is in holding off on the story.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Its the cliffhanger type endings that each chapter has. It drives people insane speculating on what could happen. I'm the same way, soon as the chapters out I'm reading as much as I can before I fall asleep or something else stops me.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:08 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:It's still hilarious to see people go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- when the chapter updates. There's always the option of just waiting until you actually have time to read it instead of making time. I really don't see what problem there is in holding off on the story.
I'll wait when I'm dead.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:It's still hilarious to see people go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- when the chapter updates. There's always the option of just waiting until you actually have time to read it instead of making time. I really don't see what problem there is in holding off on the story.
You say that like we should be happy to wait two or three days to read our favorite story. It's not like I can't, but I reserve the right to yell FUUUUUUUUUU--.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 am

As soon as a new chapter comes out, I usually get giddy for about ten minutes then read it immediately after. If it is really late when it is out, I read it the next day.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Heh, an hour for me, though it takes several rereads for me to get everything. Eyes kinda glaze over fight scenes if nothing special is going on. More like skimming, then perusing parts interesting to me.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Two to three hours for me. I take my time when I read.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:00 pm

Usually takes about an hour for me.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Two to three hours for me. I take my time when I read.
Same here.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Two to three hours for me.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:20 pm

30-45 minutes for me. I usually reread the chapter 1-2 times though (this isn't including semi-annual rereads of the whole fic).
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Scienza wrote:30-45 minutes for me.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 ZWFeO6L

It takes me around 4 to 8 time this amount of... well, time, to read a chapter.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Scienza wrote:30-45 minutes for me.
*snip*

It takes me around 4 to 8 time this amount of... well, time, to read a chapter.
I read really fast, just not necessarily well. That's why I usually have to reread the chapter a few times.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:06 pm

Scienza wrote:30-45 minutes for me. I usually reread the chapter 1-2 times though (this isn't including semi-annual rereads of the whole fic).
Same. I've read the whole fic 3-4 times now.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Between two kinds of notes, checking and updating the spreadsheet, and distractions ranging from looking up prior events in the story to consulting grammar resources to looking up what things were referencing, I tend to go four to six hours to a chapter. It's been a while since I've just read one (I probably wasn't even caught up yet), and I don't think my pace with PH is representative. I think I normally manage 14-15k per hour, and have powered through three chapters of MN7 in maybe five or six hours, but it took effort to stay focused enough.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Scienza wrote:30-45 minutes for me. I usually reread the chapter 1-2 times though (this isn't including semi-annual rereads of the whole fic).
Geez.

I could probably pull that off if I power-read, but I'd end up missing a lot. I average about 30k words an hour normal speed.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 pm

It is important to note that my speed-reading does mean that I often inadvertently miss important plot details. I entirely missed the scene where Cogs was made from Eclipse the first time I read that chapter.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Sigh.  Depressing chapter is depressing...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm

On a scale of Benny Hill to When The Wind Blows, how depressing are we talking exactly?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Really, don't read.  it's depressing.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Somber on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 pm

I shouldn't have read this while listening to Yakety Sax....
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 pm

I was happily playing games with some friends until I read that...
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Kinda makes me wonder how she hasn't already become dulled to that kind of things, by now.

I know she's The One Pony Who Always Try To Do better, but still...

After all the shit she's been through, it really is impressive that she still give a damn about others.

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 pm

She'd probably be a lot healthier if she stopped giving a damn.

@Somber

I'm liking where this is going. Heavy stuff, but that's what PH does.

@Swicked:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Somber wrote:Really, don't read.  it's depressing.
*hugs Somber very gently* It'll be okay.

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Hm, I'm not too worried about being depressed by it, but I think that I'll wait until I read it in context.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next