Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Episode 20 - Leap of Faith

3 posters

Go down

S4 Episode 20 - Leap of Faith Empty S4 Episode 20 - Leap of Faith

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Apples are getting a ton of focus this season, aren't they? Heh, and they called her a background pony.
Animation is quality as usual, voice acting is fine. No Derpy. No Octavia.

Now on to the plot. I was kinda raging at AJ the entire time after Flim and Flam showed up. Speaking of which, let's start with them. They went from business ponies that did legit work, but were jerks that wrecked property and rushed the contest. Now they're full blown con artists? I'd think that with AJ's large family connections they wouldn't be able to sell anything, but that would be more like a mafia thing.

AJ should've called them out immediately, regardless of happiness. That thing being sold was listed as medicinal. I'm sure had someone like Twi was around that episode she'd go all USFDA and unravel the plot in minutes. Sure it might make them happy, but is it worth their safety? Problem is that they got away scott free with all the money, and technically they never made any money-back guarantees. So I'm not sure how much they'd be hurt by lawsuits. At minimum they get a bad rep widespread.

That being said if AJ wants to be an honest pony and still manipulate, she needs to take some lessons from elves (the ones who do white lies/half-truths/perspective truths). She must have a terrible poker face. Also, the townsponies definitely got that herd mentality down pat.

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was wrong, and now I need to go find Derpy.)
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

S4 Episode 20 - Leap of Faith Empty Re: S4 Episode 20 - Leap of Faith

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:06 am

Derpy was in the stands during the swim competition.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 am

EEEEE! Found her. <3
Also, Lyra.
And the doctor.

Anyone want to discuss whether or not the Flim Flam Bros. can get away with this? They did not make any guarantees, but definitely lied about the product. Also the product counts as a medicinal item, so anyone who tried it for a cure could go after them(?).
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:06 pm

I was hoping they'd get their comeuppance in the end, but I think they managed to run off.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 am

Tropers say if it makes you feel better, there's a microcomic that one can use as headcanon where they go to court defending against unsatisfied customers.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 am

Haven't read any of the comics though.
Still want to discuss if they are allowed to sue, as the FFBros didn't guarantee anything. Sure they outright lied, but never said anything of the sort of satisfaction or your money back. I think they could go after them for faking medicine though.
I think I just repeated this earlier. *shrugs*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content