Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 am

Tried Heartstone (saw it much earlier on TotalBiscuit channel). Sort of fun. MtG in Warcraft universe.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:56 am

I played a bit of Hearthstone - it's fun, but even as a very casual card game player I still prefer Magic (and I mean I'm so casual I don't even own decks, I just play with whatever my friends give me). There's more variety, more interesting playing with rules, all that good stuff. And as much as I dislike how they work with the stack system, I like Instants a lot more than Secrets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 am

Can confirm, the Lord of the Arena series is where I learned most of my early game knowledge.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:59 am

I've played in a Magic tournament with Frost and some of my other buddies, as well as in a few casual games at Frost's house, but the game is a little off-putting. I can remember the Yu-gi-oh rules quite well, but I can never remember that in Magic I have to call my attacks all at once. It really messes me up, especially when I'm trying to keep the game moving along for others' sake.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 am

Got my new Vibram KSO and Treadsport Sandals yesterday. Feels awesome.
I like wearing toe shoes because they let me feel a lot more than normal shoes do. They also allow me to put more emphasis on the balls of my feet hitting the ground first, as opposed to the more natural heel-first that I'm trying to get out of the habit with. Main issue with these are probably cleaning them. If not washed, they will raise a stink, which normally socks would take care of.

Used to do barefoot all the time, but having feet cut on glass on the road while playing house-ruled badminton isn't fun.

Anyone have any preferences in footwear?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:35 am

Sneakers, preferably walking shoes like Nike Air Max. I won't really wear anything else. I tried wearing boots once because I liked how they looked, but I've got enough problems walking already, which the lack of flexibility didn't help. Open-toed shoes bring back a lot of horrible memories, which I know sounds really odd.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:38 am

Sneakers, mostly, or boots. I tend to wear through soles really fast, especially in the toe area since I push off things with my toes a lot. I have one pair where the big toe section of the sole on both shoes is just a hole. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:43 am

I pretty much just wear slip on merrells, with chacos in the summer, gotta love that z-pattern tan on your feet.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Anyone have any preferences in footwear?
These boots are made for walking
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots
Are gonna walk all over you

More seriously, tho', I select my shoes for optimal comfort when when walking a lot, or to be able to run comfortably with them. So currently I'm wearing walking shoes bought in a sporting gear shop that look like they could be nikes, but actually not looking like shit. And I feel like I'm in slippers in it, especially after having spent the whole day in my military boots.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Anyone have any preferences in footwear?

I wear size 15, if I can find shoes that actually fit, I wear them.

In all seriousness though, sneakers. I prefer a little more solidity then converse.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Footburns
Yeah, they're pretty bad. Forgot to pay attention to the weather one day, went out onto new asphalt in 100+ F weather. That sucked.

Re: Footsize
Kinda similar problem. Technically I best fit in 10.5 Wide, which I don't see too many companies make. The KSO's I'm wearing right now are a little tight around the sides, but I'm sure I can break them in soon.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:45 pm

I wear a size 13 EE, so the leading joke is that I wear shoes as wide as they are long.

Mainly wear tennis shoes whenever I can and tough but comfortable boots when working.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm a size 16 (don't know how wide, but probably big), and I wear flat souled sneakers that have almost the exact same color scheme as Boba Fett.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Hey guys, how're you all?
I figured I might as well come along and see how everyone is. Don't remember the last time I posted here.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey Kipper, long time no see.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:44 pm

It's been a long time. Whats up Kipper?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Hey Kip. Long time no see.
On recent events, hmm...
Somber's got a new chapter out. Think the story is winding down to the end.
Well, the Steam group has a bit of a revive due to Derpmind.
Camo is runninng a Pokemon RP
Adder is running an FO:E RP
Not sure if I missed anything else big.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Apparently suspended animation (only they're not calling that because it's "too sci-fi") is being given a trial run out in Pittsburgh. Pretty cool. I found the bit about consent and getting approval for the trial interesting in and of itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:22 pm

This is the best one in a while.
ironlulz:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Microsoft is trying to compete against Apple's Siri, and they're calling it... <a href="http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/meet-microsofts-cortana-a-more-personal-siri/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0">Cortana</a>.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:05 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Hey Kip. Long time no see.
On recent events, hmm...
Somber's got a new chapter out. Think the story is winding down to the end.
Well, the Steam group has a bit of a revive due to Derpmind.
Camo is runninng a Pokemon RP
Adder is running an FO:E RP
Not sure if I missed anything else big.
Yeah, I'm kept up to date with all that via 4chun.
It scares me more and more knowing the end yet still wanting to know where it's at and the more intimate details without having to go through the effort of reading it and getting pissed off at it.
Camo running a pokemon RP? Huh. Wonder if that's why he has no more time for me or if its only work that makes him distant. (Seriously though, my heart hurts due to how we haven't spoken in forever now.)
Cool cool, thanks for that update.
How've you been?

Downloaded Skill wrote:It's been a long time. Whats up Kipper?
Hai thar. Not much, you?

Scyto Harmony wrote:Hey Kipper, long time no see.
Hai. Same as above; how're you?
Sorry I never got back to you on the thing you sent me a while back. I meant to do it but I can't even remember why I didn't now.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Microsoft is trying to compete against Apple's Siri, and they're calling it... <a href="http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/meet-microsofts-cortana-a-more-personal-siri/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0">Cortana</a>.

That's pretty cool. Left 4 dead is one of my favorite games.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Sorry I never got back to you on the thing you sent me a while back. I meant to do it but I can't even remember why I didn't now.

I'm good - still at a little bit of a limbo now that I've finished school and was not prepared for real life. I've got a pile a mile high of projects that I've barely started and I'm re-reading through PH to catch up to where I stopped reading.

Hey, no worries about not getting back to me... I kind of feel bad because my memory is so bad I can't even remember what it was that I sent you.  Derpy Hooves 
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm

swicked wrote:Hi shy.
Somber said 4chan was pretty tame about the last chapter, actually.
I might see if the thread hasn't been pruned by the time I get home. I had some strong reservations about this last one, to be honest, but the response seems really positive.
I was also tapped to produce technobabble for a portion of it, which was fun :P
Hey Swicked, how're you?

Somber still manages to bring himself to 4chan? He definitely doesn't publicly post there like he used to.
Does that mean he's seen the CrimsonJack images, I wonder? They humour me too much not to make one my avatar for the time being.
Anywhoo, yeah, the thread has been pretty tame about it all.
Time has passed aplenty since I gave everyone the option of finding out what the ending has in store and now most people don't care as much as they used to.
Of course there's still one or two people who enjoy it and we still hear of the more notable details, but yeah, discussion has definitely lost its fire since the reveal - which is why I gave out the option in the first place.

When you say you had reservations about 'this last one' do you mean the twist/ending of the chapter or of the previous topic of 4chan?
Also, that's cool that you had a decent role in the chapter (outside of standard editing, I mean.)
Good on ya.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Penby wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Microsoft is trying to compete against Apple's Siri, and they're calling it... <a href="http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/meet-microsofts-cortana-a-more-personal-siri/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0">Cortana</a>.

Yeah I love Steam. They make so many of my favorite games. Does anyone know when Call of Duty Episode 3 comes out?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

I'm good - still at a little bit of a limbo now that I've finished school and was not prepared for real life. I've got a pile a mile high of projects that I've barely started and I'm re-reading through PH to catch up to where I stopped reading.

Hey, no worries about not getting back to me... I kind of feel bad because my memory is so bad I can't even remember what it was that I sent you.  Derpy Hooves 
Saying that, no, my bad. Wrong Harmony. hahahah. Sorry!
It's been forever since I was last around and I remember Harmony (ltd) sent me something, but because I hadn't checked it since when he first sent it, all I could remember was that it was Harmony.
...What with you both having the same word in your name, that makes it easy to mix up, I'd say.
God damn you two!

Anyway, I know that feeling of life being a sudden push. Not trying to one up you and please don't take it that way, but I had the exact same type of experience myself, three times over.
When I left college and went from part time working the weekends to full time, it was such a different experience and it really was a shocker.
Then when I was kicked out of my family home was another one of those moments where the world felt so much different. Not even being an adult (by maturity nor legal standards) and suddenly being expected to do all these adult things...
And then being kicked out of another home after me and my brothers wife didn't get along...
Yeah. Life throws curve-balls all the time and it's one of those feelings that while I wish I could say you'll only experience once or you'll get used to it, chances are you won't have either of those be true.
There's always some big change to make and it'll always feel weird at first when it happens, but no matter what, you gotta say it was for the best even if it doesn't seem that way. Make the best of what you got.

Good luck to you with everything you plan to do in life and all that, by the way. Hope you do well in whatever you've got planned.
Also, sounds cool, as long as you can enjoy it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:50 pm

I tried to reply to the Harmony thing but the send button wouldn't work. The forum has spoken. *Seals lips*
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:
Penby wrote:

Yeah I love Steam. They make so many of my favorite games. Does anyone know when Call of Duty Episode 3 comes out?
Acktually, I think you mean Call of Battlfield: Duty and Honour: Episode 3: Medals
Which, will never come out because John Carmack doesn't make games in the fours.
I bet you even game with a Octopus Rift. HA!
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:I tried to reply to the Harmony thing but the send button wouldn't work. The forum has spoken. *Seals lips*
Hahah, what was ya gonna say? Try againnnnnnnnn? =3
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:I tried to reply to the Harmony thing but the send button wouldn't work. The forum has spoken. *Seals lips*
Hahah, what was ya gonna say? Try againnnnnnnnn? =3

He's Harmony Ltd. His grasp on the word is limited, while I'm the original and was totally here first.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next