Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

s4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time

3 posters

Go down

s4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time Empty s4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time

Post by jacky2734 Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:12 am

Wow, no thread about this yet? What, do the rest of you not watch episodes until they've been out for three or four days?

Anyways, on to the episode. I took a few things from this.

1. Sweetie's Twilight's magical apprentice. How many fanfictions does that canonize?

2. Even after two years absence, Pipsqueak is still adorable.(And wants to become a CMC, Fanfic writers GET ON IT)

3. Diamond Tiara is not only a bitch to kids her age, but also to the elderly.

4. On a related note, elderly ponies are apparently very talented and agile.

5. Scootaloo is still best pony.

6. The Ponyville School seems to get more students every episode.

7. Twilight has apparently never read a book on table etiquette.

8. And she also has one heck of an appetite, she must be getting ready to go through a growth spurt or something.

9. Sweetie Belle's got this.

All in all, wasn't a bad episode. Wasn't a great one either, but it was funny, had some nice continuity nods, and gave plenty of fuel for the fanfic writers. I give it three Scootabangs out of five.
 Scootaloo Scootaloo Scootaloo 
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

s4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time Empty Re: s4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:45 am

Have to give credit where it's due. It does show progression for the CMC without any radical changes for the cast. It also shows them branching out from what many would be guessing would be their talent (Potion making for AB, Mechanics for Scoots). Small steps for the ponies.

That being said, I didn't like a great deal of the episode. Is Twilight so transparent that they don't understand that she lives in a public library, or are they too scared to approach her in the same fashion as Tia? The latter argument falls apart when you see them swarming her. How exactly did DT brag at the beginning of the episode? That she has a butler capable of that?

Other things to note:
Pip, you betray Luna! Also, he looks really wierd without his pirate getup. And I'm not sure how much he meant to do the reveal at the end, i.e. did he purposely tell Twilight what the CMC were doing, or was it more in line with the wasn't-really-thinking-Pinkie-Pie-esque ramble? The whole class turning into a zombie mob and Spike's treatment can be chalked up to comedy. Sweetie Chronicles is the first thing that comes to mind for Twilight teaching Sweetie Belle.

Wasn't a bad episode, but nothing really significant to me, as the CMC aren't my favorite. (and no song, no Tavi)
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm

It wasn't really great episode to me, but it wasn't really a bad one either. It's just kind of okay.

I like that the CMC had some proper development and a plot that doesn't revolve around getting their cutie marks, but as someone that doesn't like children this episode really grated on me after a while. On the plus side there was a lot of Sweetie Belle and I like her the most / dislike her the least. She's getting more characterization so that's good.

Twilight was kind of bland this episode, but that's okay since she isn't the focus. She seems more leaderly though, being able to organize the horde of children instead of freaking out that things didn't go exactly as scheduled, but she still has the awkward side.

On the downside the episode in general really wasn't entertaining and some of the narrative elements only worked because they were dealing with stupid children which I really don't like in a show. The only two parts of the episode that actually made me laugh were Scootaloo posing for the pictures and Twilight eating like a slob.

The episode has some nice characterization moments and shows character progression, but in the end it's narratively interesting, but not very entertaining. Okay, but not great.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down