Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation)

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The True Story of Shadow Kicker (and other Winningverse speculation)

Post by RoboRed on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 am

I have, but it's been a long time.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:50 am

For me, too.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Forevermore on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:31 am

Comments on "Tales From the Phoenix Empire" Chapter 4

Absolutely wonderful chapter. So many new developments and some great characterization for Phoenixverse Applejack.
Just Cause is somewhat troubling to me. He seems to be the Phoenixverse version of Blueblood. I don't really like having a possible Blueblood as a villain. I prefer stories where he's more of a bumbling but well-meaning fop or even something of a heroic figure (his treatment of Rarity being a front to deter gold diggers). That said, he does have significant depth and plenty of potential. I like how his backstory ties into Sunbeam's gelding of the noble class (hard evidence that it was not painless).
Changelings working for the Empire was surprising but not completely unexpected. Sunbeam seems very much the type to follow the philosophy "don't throw away what you can use." While we don't know her method of control, I'd imagine she's pragmatic enough to have coerced the changelings with promises of food and safety. Much like how most Chrysalis redemption fics use the overwhelming love present in Equestrian society to turn her to good. There's a possibility of them siding with Nightmare Moon upon her return but I highly doubt it.
Braeburn's attitude leads me to believe he knew what was in those barrels (or at least knew it wasn't fruit). The nervousness, the desperation, his whole demeanor stank of deception. That said, I don't believe he's in deep with the cultists and is probably just misguided. As Applejack pointed out, Just Cause's grievances with the Empire were genuine and his argument quite persuasive. Braeburn has never been the smartest of ponies in any incarnation so the likelihood of him being swayed into helping a cause without fully understanding it is quite high.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:42 am

One thing: in the main Winningverse, at least, the Free Minds are changelings who rebelled against Chrysalis (she tried to create highly intelligent and independent changelings to make better infiltrators but failed to adapt her management practices to working with smart and independent changelings), so there might still be conflict with her.
…Ah, or not. I thought I remembered seeing this:
Tales from the Phoenix Empire: Sapphire Schoolteacher wrote:Perhaps that was why I preferred Imperial History: The Griffonian Pacification, the destruction of Chrysalis and the Changeling Swarm, saving the Free Minds from her tyranny.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:54 am

Hinds, what is your opinion of Sunset Shimmer?
I just don't find myself at all caring for her. Sort of like how my ability to care about Midnight is waning, though for completely different reasons.
I think I might stop following the freeport adventure before I've even finished the first chapter, and stop with Midnight's Shadow as well.

Midnight's story being especially aggravating due to how obvious it is that the story will never be about getting rid of manipulative people who sabotage you and mess with your life. It will always be about Midnight happily under Gale's hoof and no one doing anything about it.

At least, in Rising Shadows, some of Shadow's enemies aren't completely crushed, destroyed and rendered to dust and bitter memory. Sunbeam manages to press on and, in an alternate universe, even flourish beyond what even Shadow could accomplish. Does the cult of Shadow even exist in her universe? I just imagine Shadow stating that all the Pegasopolis clans should be dismantled and Sunbeam agreeing. Then stating "Except the Kickers" and her saying "Oh, of course." Then either dismantling the clan within a few years of Shadow's death or simply doing so as soon as her own power was solidified-enough that she could make it all but untenable for them to maintain their compound, style of life, and family ties. I obviously prefer the second option, of course, as it would devastate Shadow. Sparkle might have even had Shadow's memoirs edited a bit to paint herself as the hero, or at least published memoirs of her own that might be considered the most trustworthy source. A stable Equestria is, of course, one with no power or authority that doesn't come from the throne.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:34 am

swicked wrote:Hinds, what is your opinion of Sunset Shimmer?
Hm… Not sure I have much of one at the moment; sorry.

swicked wrote:I think I might stop following the freeport adventure before I've even finished the first chapter, and stop with Midnight's Shadow as well.
Well, I'm sorry about the latter, but regarding the former, might it not be a bit earlier? The plot is only just kicking off, it seems to me, and Sunset may still do something to be of interest to you.

swicked wrote:Midnight's story being especially aggravating due to how obvious it is that the story will never be about getting rid of manipulative people who sabotage you and mess with your life. It will always be about Midnight happily under Gale's hoof and no one doing anything about it.
Probably, yes.

swicked wrote:Does the cult of Shadow even exist in her universe?
I don't recall any explicit statements about it, but I'd guess not. Actually, I do vaguely remember some negative… I'm not going to bother to find it at the moment, but I seem to recall something about Shadow mellowing a lot once settling down with Celestia was actually an option.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:39 am

It's not about the plot. It's about the character. I've already read a story with Sunset Shimmer as the main character. She did nothing to interest me then and she's doing nothing to interest me now.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:53 am

Hm. How far have you gotten in The Freeport Venture?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:47 am

About halfway through the chapter. Sunset babbles incessantly, repeating herself frequently and has only two real spells for all her talent and insists, when she refers to any other spell or field of magic, that they are just "not my strong suit". Light magic, conjuration... or most (more like all) of the spells Celestia taught her that require a "calm state of mind" apparently.
Honestly, when the caribou put up that barrier (seriously, NO other race outside of ponies has ANY magic whatsoever?) the better strategy strikes me as waiting to see how he expected to transport Sunset without bringing the barrier down. Instead, she hurts herself instead of playing along.
She is not a fun read. Heck, as much as I dislike shipping, I'm also annoyed she just left Twilight behind, seemingly without a word. But maybe the story eventually has them exchanging letters or something.
I just don't care about Sunset.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Wait, she knows Twilight? I don't remember that. I can't seem to find a mention of it, either.

Anyway, you might want to read up to the current chapter's ending; things have started happening by then. If Sunset is still putting you off, though... well, sorry.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Wait, she knows Twilight?  I don't remember that.  I can't seem to find a mention of it, either.
...you don't remember the fic that led to this one? In which she fought with Twilight, then collaborated, then was in a relationship with her?

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:46 pm

...I have no memory of that at all. I searched the story leading to this one this one and didn't find any occurrences of the words "Twilight" or "Sparkle", except for one mention of Sunbeam, outside the comments.

That does sound like what's been happening in the Phoenix Empire universe, though; were you thinking of that instead? Sorry.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:52 pm

...is this not set in the phoenix empire...
...huh. I think you're right. I'm getting wires crossed, here.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Ah. Yeah, the presence of Celestia and the absence of Sunbeam do rather preclude it being the Phoenix Empire universe. :)
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forevermore on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Comments on "Tales From the Phoenix Empire" Chapter 5

Been getting the vibe from some comments that people seem to think overthrowing Sunbeam would be a bloodless coup. I'm going to try and explain all the reasons why forcibly removing Sunbeam from power would be a terrible decision.
1. Sunbeam enjoys massive popular support. The dissident elements we've seen (such as Just Cause) are very much underground and minority, as evidenced by their need for discretion. Most ponies seem to follow Applejack's way of thinking "the Empire isn't perfect, but no government is." Rainbow Dash holds a similar view, disliking Sunbeam personally but remaining loyal to the Empire as a whole.
2. People seem to think that a transition of power from Sunbeam to Luna would be seamless. But Luna is an unknown element known only through story and song. Most of which deal with her insanity and attempt to destroy the world. Ponies at large would know very little of the uncorrupted Luna and would react violently to the idea (however misguided) of a monster taking the throne.
3. Luna has no legal claim to the imperial throne. When Luna and Celestia ruled, Equestria was a confederacy between three individual states. The Empire is a singular entity united beneath a sole ruler and follows a completely different legal structure from the old trinity. Luna may be able to make her claim to Equestria stick, but none of the provinces would stand for it.
4. Sunbeam very much IS the Empire. We've gotten hints that the provinces aren't terribly happy being under pony rule and mostly stay complacent out of dependence on Imperial resources and fear of the Empress' forces. With Sunbeam's death or imprisonment, it would only be a matter of time before they declared their independence (the caribou would likely start within the day). As human history shows us, such rebellion almost always begins and ends violently.
5. The seat of the imperial throne is the most powerful position in the world. No two-bit warlord or politician with a shred of greed is just going to let it remain empty. They would certainly not hand it over to another alicorn who has only the support of the conspirators who deposed the former empress. We'd probably see violence within a month as the ambitious martial their forces to wrest the throne by force. I'd think it likely that the various provinces would try for the throne, as well.
6. Based on what we've heard of uncorrupted Luna from the Lunar Rebellion story, I'd actually see her and Sunbeam getting along pretty well. Luna was the far more direct of the two, favoring pragmatic and often violent solutions to problems. She'd very likely approve of Sunbeam's expansion in the name of order.
7. From what we've seen, the Circle doesn't actually want Sunbeam removed from power (likely for many of the reasons I've listed). They exist to be a check on her ambition, acting as the conscience she is psychologically incapable of possessing. Sunbeam, from what we've seen, is very much aware that absolute power corrupts absolutely and allows the Circle to exist to prevent that very thing from happening. There is no guarantee of any successor not possessing such self-awareness and attempting to root out the Circle so they can run free. Luna in particular has a terrible track record in this regard and there's no telling if or when she'll become the Nightmare again.
In short, I believe that any successful coup against Sunbeam would unleash a war of such scale it would make the Lunar Rebellion look like a playground scuffle.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:17 pm

I've just finished reading the third chapter of The Freeport Venture, swicked, and Sunset seems to be starting to develop. There's also another character you might be interested in, though I can't, of course, be sure.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Rising Shadows 9:

"Midnight wasn’t satisfied with mine answer. “How so? I was told that Queen Celestia was lawfully removed as commander of Pegasopolis. And near as I know, your father was not e’en involved in that vote.”
I felt a moment of irritation with her, though I quickly suppressed it. ‘Twould seem that for all her oddities and intellect, Midnight was yet a child."
Shadow does not seem to understand what "lawfully removed" means.

"“Commander Celestia’s removal was improper. Beyond that, he participated in a war to usurp her rightful authority and oust her from the throne of Unicornia and leadership of Equestria, neither of which the Ephorate has any right to do.”"
Except for the whole "Pegasopolis technically being an independent nationstate at the time" thing, making it not even a rebellion but an international war.

"He also sundered my clan to begin this war of treason"
…Uhhh…

"Moments after the words left my lips, I wished I could withdraw them."
And perhaps it's cynical of me, but this I suspect of being justification for words which could not be practically erased.

"Since learning the depths of her melancholy, I had to wonder if ‘twould not be better for the Commander to appoint a regent for the moment. Whilst the war made such a thing impossible for now, if she remained so paralyzed by mourning her sister and the war in general, then perhaps ‘twould be best if she took the time needed to properly face that pain rather than attempt to carry on as though all were well."
…You mean, like… maybe Celestia… isn't currently fit to rule? Like maybe she ought to relieve herself of some of the burdens of power temporarily, shift it to trusted underlings? Gee, that's sure a novel idea, isn't it…
Also, want to bet that Shadow and Sunbeam, ahem, spare Celestia the pain of a lot of details of the reconstruction? Because the poor dear is simply too broken up to take the necessary harsh steps, of course.

"I have often wished that I could end this as well"
No, you want to win it. You could have prevented it, of course, but if you really wanted to end it right now… you could. You and your forces are inside Canterlot's defenses. There are a great many ways you could end the war if you just wanted the fighting to stop, and many of them wouldn't even be that bad. You could probably even make the condition "Celestia stays Queen of Unicornia" work.

"Howe’er, I have faith that when the time comes, she will make the right choice. Sometimes we must believe in the goodness of our fellow ponies, e’en when reason suggests otherwise."
…Ah, but Celestia… The rebels are not doing this while cackling "Bwahaha, it's so fun being evil usurpers", are they? Most of them, probably not all, but most, aren't even doing it for personal gain; they're doing it because they believe it's right. I think you're right to trust in Lance being a good pony… but you're forgetting that "goodness" is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. And she could end the war bloodlessly by issuing you an ultimatum to come to a lenient surrender or fight her, couldn't she? Because I think she'd know that, if she was just and kind, merely of another point of view, rather than a tyrant of dark magic, you wouldn't pick the latter and that no amount of words from your advisors would change your mind.
But then… that wouldn't really be a problem for you. Because you do want to end the war, and while you're being persuaded that it has to be won, if you could trust another alicorn to take over the benevolent rule of your little ponies… you're not the one who'd have a problem with you stepping down. Letting Lance ascend is very nearly (there is a small chance of her going dark, a chance that would probably be increased by fighting her) a win-win scenario for you, even though it has a good chance of leading to a loss for Unicornia, Sunbeam, and Shadow.

And Shadow either genuinely doesn't see that or refuses to acknowledge that she saw that.

Once again, I am sad for Celestia…
She's just so… Things just keeping getting worse for her, and there are all these ponies so eager to help her keep her throne when what she wants is just for her ponies to live together in peace, harmony, and happiness, send the throne to the sun if she has to. But she keeps being told that anything other than a Loyalist victory would surely go bad places, and she has to trust her advisors because she believes in their goodness and… well. Not a fun time to be the Princess of the Sun.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Manehattan Crisis II::

Ah, Swift's explanation of the reason for war answers some questions, I think, including why they're besieging Canterlot.
I do question, though, whether this is the optimal course.  Indeed, Celestia, if not removed, might eventually again regain her former stations, but that might be because she was driven to improve herself.  Given the cost of removing her from her position in Unicornia, it seems to me that the risk of her again becoming Commander without improvement is not a bad one to take.
Though it does occur to me that the only Ephor with much experience with Celestia personally was Shadow; the others might have an inaccurate perception of Celestia's character and thus be judging the risk of her retaking control without improvement greater.

And Swift does seem to be a bit personally biased, it looks like.

A good point: if you suspect that Celestia lied about Luna's fall and banishment and have no other significant experience with her except for the Clipping investigation, her character really doesn't look very good.

And if you're confident you can deal with Nightmare Moon, you see trying to get Luna back as resulting in "We were right and everything's fine", "we fail because she's dead, in which case our cause in the war is vindicated and our mortal government continues as it had been", "We get her back, she really is mad, and we have to kill her", or "We get her back, she really is mad, and we cure her".  All of those could be counted as wins, though in different ways and to different degrees.

And we see the start of the involvement of the warlocks…

I wonder if the rest of the Ephorate was similarly dedicated to making sure that Celestia never regained power? They support the war, true, but they may support different aspects of it and be going along with the siege of Canterlot, or they may be supporting it for different reasons.
I still think, though, that, had Shadow stayed and been Commander, she could have prevented this.  She can make better character judgements of Celestia, and she'd be another vote if nothing else.  And, of course, however likely war was before, her taking her clan out of Pegasopolis certainly didn't ease tensions.

Hm.  Fair Deal's plan would work, too.  Not that it will; that would be clear here even if we didn't already know how things turned out.  Would this count as a classical tragedy?  Swift's pride and his imperfect knowledge have laid the tracks straight off the cliff…

Aye, it's pretty easy to see why Swift was saddled which so much of the blame, and most of it seems to be deserved.

…Okay, and that's a rather intriguing cliffhanger!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forevermore on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Comments on Manehatten Crisis II:

Swiftblade's justifications for the war are pretty much the same ones I've postulated on, previously. Not much to say there. They're pretty valid considering his limited knowledge and reasonably biased viewpoint.

Hidden Facts is an intriguing character. I get the vibe that he could have escaped his imprisonment at any time and was playing along to win the rebels' trust. His capacity for violence was somewhat shocking, easily the most brutal act we've seen (sans the Clipping) and his nonchalance about the whole thing is quite chilling. He reminds me a great deal of R'as al Ghul.

More Swiftblade characterization is always good. To me, he comes across as having a rather massive inferiority complex as a result of the pegasi's almost race-wide superiority complex. It's clear he doesn't care for his fellow ephors but still espouses the belief that the pegasi are innately better than the other tribes and therefore suited to rule.

Skilled is an interesting potential character. I have a feeling she's going to change sides at some point, possibly leading some of the rebels with her and changing the balance of the war.

Forevermore
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Things in the Phoenix Empire universe seem to be escalating quickly as of the most recent chapter of Tales.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Rising Shadows 10:

Interesting, this proposal by Lance to end the war peacefully, made while she and Shadow are alone. It think it likely genuine, and Shadow recounts being in favor of it…

Ah. I would be interested in finding out who sent that assassin… and how we're meant to know who sent it.

Hm. Though then Shadow lets Lance go? Curious… Just at the end of the chapter, though. We shall see…
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 am

swicked wrote:...I wonder why Robored, Valikdu and the others that read these stories haven't posted.

I haven't actually read the story until now.
At the time the above was posted, I'd only had read the first ever WV story (where Cloud Kicker is a half-joke character with a Gamer Poop reference) at that time.
I wanted to wait until The Life And Times... was done; then I changed that to The Lunar Rebellion; then it was taking too long and I've started reading.

I'm only halfway through the first 'season' (and nowhere near that with the comment sections; I'll certainly read those, they seem interesting).

I wonder if Chengar had said anything about the "unreliable narrator" thing.
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:55 am

O Hinds wrote:Why, why do people out of universe reading this see Shadow as a hero?

I dunno. Why do people love Littlepip?

Most readers (watchers, players...) simply won't look beyond the surface depth of anything.
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:06 am

swicked, I'm afraid you probably wouldn't like the new guest chapter of Tales from the Phoenix Empire; it's very shippy.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:26 am

On the new interlude:
…Ah.  So Shadow reports to Celestia that she made overtures of peace with Lance and that it seemed to be going well until they were attacked (nicely preventing anything really substantive from being done at the meeting).  Naturally, Lance suspected Shadow, and so , as might easily be predicted, a duel took place; Shadow let Lance go, though, as a gesture of peace (and in accordance with Celestia's orders).  The prisoner exchange is delayed, of course, but it will likely go ahead before too long.  And all of this can be confirmed by Lance's report to her own forces; obviously, nothing is up.  Except that Shadow threw tanglehoof in Lance's face, and she just happened to swallow some and die from it.  What a tragic accident, and just as peace was about to be made.

I'm also now increasingly suspicious that Shadow and Sunbeam are privately working together a lot more than their public enmity would suggest.  I wonder just when they realized that they had too many shared and compatible goals for being enemies to be a rational choice?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:18 am

Welp, finally caught up on all the Winningverse stuff, so I can finally look at this thread again.

Here's what I posted on the most recent chapter:
Spoiler:

Shit...I finally catch up after three months and this happens.

Oh woe, for accident of accidents to happen and for Lance's death to occur.:facehoof:

I was going to also comment on how I dislike how events were leading ever more in favor of that warlock, with Steel's suggested plans with Midnight, but...that's obviously not going to happen now.

Damn. Why did this have to happen!? :ajsleepy:
And honestly, I am pretty damn broken up about what happened. I mean, goddamn...there was a light on the horizon right there! There was the slightest glimmer of hope that this whole mess would end. Despite that assassin screwing up the exchange, Shadow convinced Lance that she was on the straight and narrow. And all because of a fucking ACCIDENT from Shadow's move to peacefully defuse the confrontation before it could begin, Lance is dead. Lance is dead because she accidentally ingested some fucking magical superglue.

And now, consequences will never be the same. God. Damnit. This didn't have to happen... Scootaloo

On the flip side of things, 1) I am absolutely dying to see Shadow's reaction (and Celestia's) when she finds out what happened, much less how. And 2) the cynical part of me agrees with this guy's post at the end.

swicked wrote:...I wonder why Robored, Valikdu and the others that read these stories haven't posted.
I just realized that I never addressed this post. My bad.
I don't entirely follow with your theories about Shadow, and I generally don't think that deeply about this sort of stuff. However, yours and Hinds's posts are very entertaining to read and are well thought out. It's fun to read from a devil's advocate point of view as well.

In other news, regarding this post I first made in the thread from way back when:
spoilers if you don't follow the study of a winning pony:
Vinyl has been confirmed as the half-sister of Twilight and Shining. Twi met with Vinyl, who confirmed it, then later left to confront her parents. Night Light came clean about it, Velvet knew about the affair the whole time and was okay with it, but all those details are for another time. In addition, she has another sister, Amethyst, who was put up for adoption (most likely Sparkler), but the family has no idea where she is. Celestia, however, does, but is withholding the information from Twilight "until the time is right". Also, the theory that's definitely still unanswered is whether Dinky is really the illegitimate child of Shining Armor and Derpy.

I wonder how all this affect's Vinyl's existence in the Empire-verse...

Things just got very interesting. And it's been two months since an update from that story and I REALLY want to find out what happens next.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 pm

I enjoyed the latest chapter of The Freeport Venture, but it didn't give me any ideas for things to say here. Well, besides this, I mean.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Sunset's path is just beginning. That's what I have to say.

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:27 am

Rising Shadows 11 Comments:

Okay, so we've got Shadow and Sunbeam facing off. Sunbeam might genuinely still be opposing Shadow, but this also looks to me like a good place for her to be playing the villain for Celestia's benefit.

...Interesting that Celestia immediately suspects Shadow. And it doesn't sound like she's accusing her of causing some accident that she knew nothing of until this time. This indicates, despite everything, a certain lack of trust, I think...

"Thou wilt have to earn thy forgiveness with good service, but 'tis a true amnesty offered to all who wish it."
Of course, it's compared to the full unconditional pardons that the rebels were willing to extend in the other direction earlier in the war.

And Shadow once again gets to take the moral high road without the associated costs thanks to Sunbeam's dishonorable actions. A system that Sunbeam has already been consciously and semi-openly using for Celestia.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:31 pm

Spoiler:
I was most surprised about Celestia receiving any kind of news (feeling) of Lance's fate first. I didn't see that coming.

I still want Chengar to hurry with the next chapter so I can get Shadow's reaction.

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top