Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FoE: Meadow's Ford

+7
StoneSlinger88
Moodyman90
Aonee
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
11 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

FoE: Meadow's Ford Empty FoE: Meadow's Ford

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Whenever I run a campaign I always like to write up a summary of each play session. 
This is both so those who miss a week can catch up and because sometimes hilarity comes out of these and I repost it elsewhere.  

The Players
Aonee as Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)
AdmiralStoicRum as Back Draft (Dashite Pegasus)
OneMoreDaySK as Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)
Obs as Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary)
Stone as Draz (Zebra Shaman)
Tylertoon as Smooth Towel  Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant)

The Set up
Rumors had been swirling for several days now.  The last two caravans never came back from Meadow's Ford, a good sized settlement build around a useful ford on one of Equestria's Rivers.  The third caravan made it there and found the entire town deserted as if everyone had gotten up from what they were doing and walked away.  Spooked the caravan hightailed it back to the nearest settlement but where hit by Raiders two days away.  Some captured, some fled and some managed to push past the ambush.  Whenever the survivors of this third caravan ended up they spread the tale of of the empty town just sitting there.  Ponies are headed there now, some to look into what happened.  Others are there looking to make a quick few caps looting the empty settlement or selling to those doing the looting and still others looking to muscle in on new territory. 

With this our players are each making there way to Meadow's Ford for what reason only they can say.

Note to my players send me a copy of your player sheet if you have not already, pm on the forums is fine.

Last edited by Cptadder on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

FoE: Meadow's Ford Empty Re: FoE: Meadow's Ford

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Session 1 (Part 1)

The game opened with Flashpoint (Obs) on his way to Meadow's Ford in a caravan made up of ponies eager to get at the abandon city.  Alouette(OneMoreDaySK) was also with the caravan having stuck with it after using it to sneak out of town.  Meanwhile Smooth Tongue (Tylertoon) was making his way to the settlement as one of the first headed there even if he was taking his time to get there. 

The road to Meadow's Ford went through over a series of low hills and under steep cliffs.  The area was not known for raider attacks but ponies by themselves or in small groups on the road vanished from time to time.  Smooth Tongue had used a trader path to skip the road entirely and work his way across the mountains, setting up camp near the far exit of the pass in a natural campsite above the road.  Using the same road but further back where two Zebras Akapesh and Draz.Rounding a corner in the hill each became aware of the other and after a tense moment made introductions and kept traveling down the road. 

Meanwhile the caravan had made it to the entrance of the path and stopped to send scouts in to check things out.  The scouts came back and reported raiders in strength in the pass itself.  The majority of the ponies in the caravan had rushed out hoping to get there first before the other waves of scavengers and had not excepted needing to fight Raiders.  While they were huddled around talking things out Flashpoint stepped forward and attempted to rally the ponies to lead them on to clear the pass.... only for him to fail in every way it was possible to fail.  Not only were they disheartened still further, many of them were also insulted by Flashpoint attempt to inspire them.  The caravan master came forward and made it official, they were turning back and Flash point could go die in a fire.  Having no choice Flashpoint went forward climbing the southern end of the pass in fits and starts to work his way around to get the jump on the raiders.  Alouette for reasons still not explained decided to follow along behind him quietly.

Meanwhile Akapesh and Draz had worked there way along the road only to come face to sleeping backside to Smooth Tongue, who had settled down for the night and despite the fact it was almost three in the afternoon had yet to pack up to head out yet as he took his ease on the mountains most comfortable rock.  The Zebra's had no sooner saw the napping Unicorn then they heard activity in the pass below them.  Below them half a dozen raiders and two better dressed and armed Raider Chief's were taking their ease and talking almost friendly down in the pass as other raiders were working on planting a crude minefield.  The Zebra's not sure what to do with this decided to work themselves into position for better fields of fire and protection.  Draz more interested in hearing the conversation while Akapesh was looking for the best shooting perch.  Hearing only one word in three what they gathered was these mountains played host to three raider tribes.  The two below were talking about the third tribe the "Bloodwings" and were mad about something.  Something about a chance being lost or an agreement being broken it was not clear.

Meanwhile Smooth Tongue slept on and Flashpoint discovered Alouette behind him and confronted her.  After demanding she identify herself or die Alouette was able to slowly explain that she was mute and giving her name.  Lacking anything else to do Flashpoint offered Alouette this deal... help me fight those raiders down there and you'll prove to me your not a raider... or I'll shot you.  After weighing the pro's and cons of this plan Alouette decided to take the bargain. 

At this moment Smooth Tongue woke up finally (Seven failed perception rolls) and saw fifteen feet away a Zebra peering over the lip of the cliff and the sound of voices below.  Perhaps not being the best of morning ponies, Smooth Tongue pulled his gun and demanded in a loud voice who that Zebra was and what did he want.  Draz had just enough time to tell Smooth Tongue to shut up and stay down before the Raiders started moving in response to the shouts above them.

Last edited by Cptadder on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:00 pm

I have a feeling this may become a fanfiction

also, the art may it commence soon
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 pm

I'll definitely be following this. Things have certainly been dull around here.

Curious, when was this all put together, and what system is in use?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Session 1 (Part 2)

Five raiders in the valley have just finished planting a minefield at the near end of the valley.  Two Raider Chiefs are in conversation and suddenly a voice shouts something above them.  The raiders begin moving to investigate the sound and snatching up weapons.  Above them Draz has a gun aimed at him by Smooth TongueAkapesh is in a good position to hit anyone from where he's set himself.  Further south Flashpoint and Alouette are watching the raiders start trying to climb the slope above them.

Combat kicks off with Draz engaging a climbing raider while Draz tries and fails to hit anything on his turn.  Flashpoint charges down the hillside along the south end of the pass to engage the other chief.  Quickly a three way fight breaks out with Akapesh and Draz firing down at the raiders while Alouette sniping down on what she can hit from up there.  Combat is close range, brutal and highly lethal.   The raiders are armed with varmint rifles, the odd pistol or pool cue and a knife each.  The larger earth pony has a battle saddle covered in guns most of which are decorative rather than functional.  The other Chief is in thicker armor wielding a sword spear.  Two incidents of note happen, Flashpoint gets in close and while fighting the Sword Spear Chief turns two raiders into fine blood miss from point blank shotgun fire.  Two other ponies burn to death when Smooth Tongue throws a home made fire bomb at the Battle saddle Chief only to miss the direct hit but get him in the splash.  Two raiders burn to death trying to get out of the blast zone shortly before the Battle saddle chief goes off dealing massive amounts of damage to anyone in range (Which no one is besides himself) when the fire cooks off his ammunition.

The explosion and the sounds of battle have at this point drawn Back draft (rum) to the field who was also flying overland to Meadow's Ford.  The massive explosion of four grenades and two det packs all going off gets him close enough to see the state of the field.  One spear wielding pony dressed like a raider and a pole cue using poiny is fighting a Earth pony in a battle saddle at point blank range.  A third raider is beating hooves and trying to escape.  The case being obvious who was who Backdraft dropped down and put an magical energy bolt into the raider pony dusting him.  Shortly there after Flashpoint managed to land a solid hit on spear chief and put her down.  The last raider determined to take at least one of these ponies with him kept attacking Flashpoint only to be shot twice then dusted by Backdraft seconds later.

There we stand, without any obvious enemies the badly injured Flashpoint is refusing medical treatment has literally backed himself into a corner.  The other ponies (And Zebra) had just begun making introductions after deciding to ignore Flashpoint.  Back draft having just arrived on the scene is busy talking to everyone to find out who's who. Meanwhile Alouette lacking anything else to do crept down into valley and tried her hoof at disarming the mine field.  Which might be a good idea except she was so bad at it her first attempt set off the mine.  Back draft went looking for what had caused that and missed her hiding there.  Assuming the shitty raider mine had gone off on it's own they went back to talking.  Flashpoint is eyeing them and Alouette goes back to trying to scavenge mines and gets one disarmed this time.  Perhaps over confident after this success the first attempt on the next mine results in it exploding.    Now really confused Back draft and Akapesh go looking.  Akapesh finds Alouette and manages to get her out of hiding through kindness but not before getting a water bottle thrown at his head (Which he caught).

Which is where we left off with Akapesh, Draz and Back draft talking with Smooth Tongue while Alouette was trying to get Flashpoint to let her bandage him up.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Ketchup wrote:I'll definitely be following this. Things have certainly been dull around here.

Curious, when was this all put together, and what system is in use?
This has been in the works for about three weeks now with me taking on DM duties two weeks ago. We are using Kkat's system and very much in the learning process on that.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:37 am

Great to see this thread started up.
Question though. Been thinking on making my character's background into a story. That'll probably take a while, so do ya want me t'put rough outline in my bio for now? Also when is this in relations to F:OE and PH?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

I'd say pre geck.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 pm

"Highly Leathal Combat." Yes. That's what it was. Especially with that pool cue.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:05 am

Ok, so apparently the timeline of this story started 10 years before Pip, and that's obviously before PH, MN7, and PuppySmile's story. But RedEye is at least active, right? This might tie into my character's backstory. Also I'm making another character to be the POV for my character's backstory, if that's alright with you adder.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:45 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Ok, so apparently the timeline of this story started 10 years before Pip, and that's obviously before PH, MN7, and PuppySmile's story. But RedEye is at least active, right? This might tie into my character's backstory. Also I'm making another character to be the POV for my character's backstory, if that's alright with you adder.

Per Murky's timeline Redeye has been active in Fillydephila for two years at this point.  Meadow's Ford depending on which map you use is west of Ponyville down the river north of Applewood and east of Las Pegasus across from the mountains leading into the Palomino desert.

*Edit
I've been up and on the road since six am, worked ten hours, and now I just got a frigging shower, I'm a touch manic/sleepy.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:47 am

Im just happy I got to make a pegasus doctor
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 am

Reminder I need character sheets.  I've got Rum's, Aonee's and OneMoreDaySK's still need Tylertoon2, Stone's and Obs.
I'm doing this to speed up gaming, I need your sheets to produce my quick reference list.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:26 pm

When I get home I will forward the rest to you
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:29 am

I've got everyones now, I'm putting together the shorthand tomorrow evening.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:51 am

Okay. Adder Ive found out what work has for Me on Saturday and I will be working till 1130pm or later. Don't suppose you would mind substituteing for me.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Okay. Adder Ive found out what work has for Me on Saturday and I will be working till 1130pm or later. Don't suppose you would mind substituteing for me.
Playing for you, or coming up with an excuse for why Backtraft took off?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:13 pm

@Adder
Still working on that backstory. It's definitely not going to be finished by next session. Heh.
@Rum
Darn, was going to grab is arse and get him to heal Flash over in that cave.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:43 am

lol, doesn't mean you can't.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 am

Cptadder wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Okay. Adder Ive found out what work has for Me on Saturday and I will be working till 1130pm or later. Don't suppose you would mind substituteing for me.
Playing for you, or coming up with an excuse for why Backtraft took off?

It would be great if you did go ahead and play him, no reason for him not to stay with the group providing air cover

if you distribute the XP I will have a look at it when i can to help the rolls, unless you want to post it to me so I can apply it during my break
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm

AAAAAAAAH! Can't work on backstory. Getting dragged off to setup Christmas tree and etc.

Update: Probably won't be here for the pregame meeting. Not even sure if I'll make it. *screams in frustration*
Update: Made it to the game, but still no finished backstory. Rum was out, so Adder RP'd his character.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Yeah I have accumulated over 70 hours this week and I am getting even more
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Welcome back, a review of the party as it stands
The Players
Aonee as Akapesh (Zebra Alchemist)
AdmiralStoicRum as Back Draft (Dashite Pegasus)
OneMoreDaySK as Alouette (Mute Unicorn Musician)
Obs as Flashpoint (Anti-social Earth Pony Mercenary)
Stone as Draz (Zebra Shaman)
Tylertoon as Used Towel  Smooth Tongue (Unicorn Merchant)

(Session 2) Part 1
Last week we left off with the combat coming to an end.  Flashpoint the smart, agile and tough pony who manages to piss of everyone was staring down a dashite, two zebras and a merchant and threatening murder if they touched him.  After spending half an hour trying to convince him to accept medical treatment at Alouette's urging the filly was forced to do it herself.  Also at one point Flashpoint despite how smart he seems at times demanded a explanation from that same mute filly about what was going on.  Several minutes of stick figures followed by Smooth Tongue and Backdraft trying to guess what it was.  Flashpoint eventually got the point that the filly was just using him to find her sister (Or at least that's how he put it).  

At this point Back draft and Smooth Tongue had wandered out of the pass followed by the Zebras as Alouette bandaged up Flashpoint.  They traveled for a little bit before running into pony trader named Mr Enterprise.  Back draft had met Mr Enterprise before and knew his reputation and he and Smooth Tongue had just started talking with the trader swapping talk about the weather and other minor things when Flashpoint charged up and demanded to know who he was.  Aloutte tried to shush him and Akapesh tried to help only to get bucked in the face by an unstrung Flashpoint.  Flashpoint had already had caused friction with the Zebra before (In fact he had caused friction with... everypony by this point) and this looked to be brewing to a fight between the two of them before Mr Enterprise stepped in.

Or rather Mr Enterprise's "daughter" stepped in and Flashpoint promptly vanished from the world and found himself in a tiny pocket of dirt under the dirt and trying not to pass out from lack of oxygen.  See what Flashpoint might have found out of he looked around were the torn apart corpses of a dozen raiders.  Or if he had asked why Backdraft was on his best behavior around Mr Enterprise.  Or even if he had asked Mr Enterprise what a trader pony was doing unarmed in the wastelands.  Sad to say he charged in and found out what happens the hard way to those in the wastelands who act hastily and angrily to everything.  

After the initial wtf of a giant clawed hand snatching a pony underground leaving behind only the fresh turned patch of dirt the rest of the group calmed down and got down to a bit of trading.  at some point Smooth Tongue decided he needed a drink and purchased a bottle of whiskey and through a mix up after getting drunk accidentally punched Aloutte in the face and Backdraft ended up with the rest of the whiskey.  It was a comedy of errors as the face of the party managed to insult Aloutte while apologizing and various other hijinks of a drunk trader who can't hold his booze.

Sometime in the middle of this Flashpoint was underground and forced to convince the hellhound  he was calm now.  It poked him once a minute or so and asked if he was calm, the first time he tried to hit it, second time yell at it and third time he was calm... mostly because he could not yell anymore lacking the oxygen to do so in his tiny dirt cell made smaller after he tried to dig himself out neglecting the part where the dirt your digging goes somewhere.  Back on the surface he was lying next to a corpse pile of picked clean raiders some of which had obviously been snacked on.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:36 pm

(Session 2) Part 2
At long last Meadows Ford! Or rather the road leading to the settlement where they came across looters, scavengers, trials and the odd raider all camped outside the city not looking to go anywhere and the city untouched. Mr Enterprise had mentioned all of these ponies had made it to the city first only to be stopped by Griffons. They ran into the Griffons in question once they entered the city to find over two dozen griffons in firing positions on the various houses. The houses were just as empty and untouched as described by travelers reports, as if everypony had walked out of the city at once taking nothing with them.

In the main street of the town was an obvious Griffon leader of some kind talking with a Buffalo, further in a pony in stable 39 barding was walking around the houses pipbuck out and talking with two escorting griffons. Flashpoint having learned little from his previous encounter ran up demanding to know what was going on. The Griffon leader Jerri gave him the run-down. If your trying to sell me something fuck you, if your here to loot the town fuck you and get out or we'll kill you, if your here to look for the town's residents fuck you but we might have some caps in it for those who bring back information.

Lots of plot was exchanged back and forth and various story lines offered. The stable 39 pony went off taking a half dozen griffons with her not going back to her stable. The buffalo told many rambling stories not being all together in there here and now. The griffon boss gave the rundown, they were hired to "protect" the town and hunt down the odd raider or thieves and went north to handle a business deal at stable 39 when everyone vanished (No one asked what the deal was) now they are owed back wages plus hazard pay for keeping the town unlooted. But she is running out of patients if something does come up soon she's just going to move on after looting the town herself.

The plot thread the party did try to chase down was one about the third raider tribe in the area the Bloodwings who were biggest and must successful and the Buffalo told them they were all dead. Deciding they wanted to investigate this first the party headed out south not before the Buffalo tried to play catch with a memory orb with Alouette which went poorly for the filly. First she flubbed her catch and got hit in the face (Again) and second she tried to snag it with magic afterwords and went out like a light. Now Akapesh is carrying her as Smooth Tongue, Draz head to the south east towards the last known location of the Bloodwings. Backdraft decided to try hitting on a griffon or... five and is currently doing his best to spend the night in the town and enjoy himself. Flashpoint hid in an ally and decided to spend the night in town as well. But the griffons having nothing else to do found him and person or persons unknown may or may not have spent some time drawing on the sleeping pony of which Flashpoint knows nothing at this point.

That's were we ended up this week. The town is as reported, a crowd gathers outside and sooner or later the griffons won't be able to keep them out. The Buffalo's thing the Bloodwings are all dead but is not clear on how they know this, an unknown Stable 39 pony with a griffon escort heads north for reasons unknown. Several mysterious things have happened, I wonder where they will end up?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:35 am

hey guys I have the same work issue this week as last week however good news is I have monday through thursday off, is there any way we can reschedule for monday or anytime during that week, except for friday and saturday?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 am

Yea, I'll be out of town during this weekend as well,but during the week is good for me.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 pm

So Obs figured out theme songs for our characters. I'm inclined to agree with his choices on them. Especially Akapesh and Smooth Towel Tongue.
Dr. Backdraft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QXuwEaqGI
Alouette: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un-Eu6Y7MWI
Smooth Tongue: (accurate) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A
Flashpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4PGIIIncJA
Akapesh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNNfyq3d_w
Draz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdqE5vt5-g
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 am

As we speak I'm in Kentucky on a job. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. If we need to push back or push forward I need to know sooner than the day of.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 am

we decree monday, says a steam group admin
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn