Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

S4 premiere Ep1-2

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: S4 premiere Ep1-2

Post by jacky2734 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:04 am

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Derpmind wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote: I like Naruto; I just don't like a full third of the episodes are outright filler.
Do you mean 1/3 of the episodes being filler, 1/3 of each episode being filler, or both? Trollestia 
Both. After every commercial break there's a good 30 seconds of going over the 30 seconds before the commercial break.
Plus the remaining screen time where something new actually happens is incredibly slowly paced. Spike 
Naruto isn't that bad once you figure out that all you really need to do is watch the final fight of any given arc in order to understand what's going on. 
At least Naruto waits until a Main Story Arc is finished before switching over to some unrelated filler arc unlike Bleach which likes to stick several random filler arcs INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE MAJOR FIGHTS! Seriously what was there, three/four large filler arcs in the Wako Mundo and Fake Karakura Town fights alone?
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 am

jacky2734 wrote:
Formis_Fluttergod wrote:Plus the remaining screen time where something new actually happens is incredibly slowly paced. Spike 
Naruto isn't that bad once you figure out that all you really need to do is watch the final fight of any given arc in order to understand what's going on. 
At least Naruto waits until a Main Story Arc is finished before switching over to some unrelated filler arc unlike Bleach which likes to stick several random filler arcs INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE MAJOR FIGHTS! Seriously what was there, three/four large filler arcs in the Wako Mundo and Fake Karakura Town fights alone?
Perhaps, but when I'm gonna skip 90% of the content I don't really need to watch it in the first place, might as well just read the Naruto wiki for anything that interests me. Spike 
Anyway, I started watching it again from the beginning a few days ago, because I got interested in the english version. While I have to skip about 1/4 of each episode (previous episode material + lengthy flashbacks) there's been some really fast-paced (for Naruto's standards) fights during the first two seasons, more than I remember, where did those go in Shippuden? Derpy Hooves
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:41 am

Finally saw the episode.

The Celestia/NMM scenes were just fantastic. The animation has gotten so unbelievably good.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Righto.

Team has learned to properly pace given two short episodes. That's a plus, and a lesson that will remain invaluable for any actiony episodes. Which might well happen more often. They might just jam all six (it was six, right?) jewel-box keys into the finale but they might spread it through the season, have an overarching multi-macguffin mission. If that's the case, there's a good chance it might end up a little closer to Lauren's adventuring vision.

Or they'll squish it into the last episodes and we'll have another MMC. Phbbbt.

While the bump in prettifying everything up is nice, it looks like they took the juice from characterization to make it happen. "Here's the exposition." "That makes me feel surprised." "I have been saved." "Hooray, I'm overjoyed."

On the note of characterization, I've got something to say. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with half of it, if not the rest. Pinkie Pie is really getting on my nerves, despite originally really liking her. Early on she was... different. She wasn't more self-aware, but she seemed more like a real person trying to be funny. Hit or miss, give something the briefest once-over and pop it out while its hot, hope it sticks. And every so often she'd go too far and actually be sheepish or vaguely remorseful about it. A quick, "Oops, that joke sucked. Sorry." does a lot. Now everything is exclusively LOL RANDOM territory that bugs me to no end. My wishlist for the season? Old Pinkie. And an episode about how to be a clown without annoying the people around you. I bet everybody knows someone who could benefit from that lesson.

And lastly, Discord. I didn't mind him in this episode. Funny every now and again, always a plus. It's only when you take this along with the 'reformation' episode that I cringe a little tiny bit. But meh. Promising for the rest of the season, though. Discord can make anything more interesting. I wonder if we'll get any other villain reappearances...

Oh, right, the memory-orb juice! That... that's gonna break some headcannons. But oh well. I'm glad to finally be getting some of this stuff from the show.
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Meleagridis wrote:

On the note of characterization, I've got something to say. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with half of it, if not the rest. Pinkie Pie is really getting on my nerves, despite originally really liking her. Early on she was... different. She wasn't more self-aware, but she seemed more like a real person trying to be funny. Hit or miss, give something the briefest once-over and pop it out while its hot, hope it sticks. And every so often she'd go too far and actually be sheepish or vaguely remorseful about it. A quick, "Oops, that joke sucked. Sorry." does a lot. Now everything is exclusively LOL RANDOM territory that bugs me to no end. My wishlist for the season? Old Pinkie. And an episode about how to be a clown without annoying the people around you. I bet everybody knows someone who could benefit from that lesson.
She's still better than Flutters...

I am so getting crucified over this.
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 am

Scienza wrote:She's still better than Flutters...

I am so getting crucified over this.
EDIT: To clarify, now that I have the time, the only thing that annoys me about Fluttershy is that any character development that was given to her was also immediately taken from her after the relevant episode ended. But I don't really have any issues with her character in general.

But you're still getting crucified. Crazy 

*Crucifies Scienza again*
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content