Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everypony will be alicorns...

+4
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Moodyman90
Formis_Fluttergod
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everypony will be alicorns... Empty Everypony will be alicorns...

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Just a random thread, but one has to wonder if this abomination heralds the end times, or if it's just an error or unrelated to the show entirely. If it is unrelated to the show, then one has to wonder, why make Twilight an alicorn in the first place if they're planning on making alicorn toys of the ponies anyway regardless of their status in the show. How

Alicorn Fluttershy on Taobao
Everypony will be alicorns... T2n9RGXrNaXXXXXXXX_!!907806781
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Everypony will be alicorns... Empty Re: Everypony will be alicorns...

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm gonna guess there's going to be an episode where Twilight accidentally turns everybody into alicorns and reverses it afterwards.

That or it's toys just to be toys. Only other option is that Hasbro heard the cries of "Twilight is going to outlive all of her friends!" and decided to address and correct it in the most cash grab way possible.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I'm gonna guess there's going to be an episode where Twilight accidentally turns everybody into alicorns and reverses it afterwards.

That or it's toys just to be toys. Only other option is that Hasbro heard the cries of "Twilight is going to outlive all of her friends!" and decided to address and correct it in the most cash grab way possible.
One-time event in an episode, that would be interesting and maybe even fun, the other option is just scary to think about.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:Just a random thread, but one has to wonder if this abomination heralds the end times, or if it's just an error or unrelated to the show entirely. If it is unrelated to the show, then one has to wonder, why make Twilight an alicorn in the first place if they're planning on making alicorn toys of the ponies anyway regardless of their status in the show. How

*PICTURE
The main six where never really my top favorite, so if they do become alicorns it wouldn't really effect me just like how twilight becoming a princess never really effected me cause I never really liked her all that much.  My favorite out of the main six would be applejack, then rainbow dash, then pinkie pie then the rest.  If I had to list all the ponies I like more than them it would take me a while.  I don't have anything against them and I don't hate them; rather they're just not my favorite.  In short I wouldn't really care cause fluttershy or such have never been my favorite ponies.

Also oh god imagine pinkie pie as a alicorn!  The 4th wall would never be the same again.

Last edited by cb5 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:33 am

I always thought Twilight becoming an alicorn would be cool as part of series finale sort of thing.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea of her becoming an alicorn part way through the series, but I will reserve final judgement until I get a chance to see where the writers go with it.

As far as the rest of the main 6 becoming alicorns?  Once again, maybe as a series finale sort of thing.  The idea of them becoming the "Goddesses of Harmony" or something like that seems cool I guess.  Part way through the series though?  Nah, that would be lame.  Everypony would lose some of what makes them unique.  Applejack and Pinkie Pie in particular would be ridiculous as alicorns.  Applejack is the definition of earth pony.  I don't think she would even want wings or unicorn magic.  They just don't suit her.  Pinkie Pie doesn't need any more special powers.  The whole point is that she can do all the crazy stuff she does despite being "just" an earth pony.  As far as the others go, Rarity would probably love her wings and the title of royalty, Fluttershy would like having magic to better help her animal friends with, and Rainbow Dash likely wouldn't care about her horn, but would like the bigger wings if they helped her fly faster.

That's what I think, at least.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:58 am

Everypony will be alicorns... 3t0pyd
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Everypony will be alicorns... 1
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Necr0maNceR wrote:Everypony will be alicorns... 1
That's not as cheery as one might think. In the event of alicorns actually being immortal, it still leaves two ponies that would have to see all their close ones die one by one, not to mention Fluttershy would be the worst choice for that kind of role, because she would be broken by it all much more than anyone else.

But Larson's still a briliant troll. Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:03 pm

lolol people getting upset about a tauhau toy. Yup, those will TOTALLY become canon.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:12 pm

My go to quote about alicorns, immortality, and what fans think comes from Dragon Con.

"Technically they're all immortal because they are FICTIONAL characters."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:15 pm

CamoBadger wrote:lolol people getting upset about a tauhau toy. Yup, those will TOTALLY become canon.
It's better to trust the toyline than rumors though. The only thing the toyline has been wrong about is skyla, on the other hand we learned about cadance, shining armor, princess twilight, tank, and a million other spoilers from the toyline.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:28 pm

cb5 wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:lolol people getting upset about a tauhau toy. Yup, those will TOTALLY become canon.
It's better to trust the toyline than rumors though.  The only thing the toyline has been wrong about is skyla, on the other hand we learned about cadance, shining armor, princess twilight, tank, and a million other spoilers from the toyline.
Problem is that this isn't even a Hasbro product, so that logic doesn't work. If it was from hasbro, I might put a tiny bit of thought into considering maybe thinking it might happen.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:39 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:
It's better to trust the toyline than rumors though.  The only thing the toyline has been wrong about is skyla, on the other hand we learned about cadance, shining armor, princess twilight, tank, and a million other spoilers from the toyline.
Problem is that this isn't even a Hasbro product, so that logic doesn't work. If it was from hasbro, I might put a tiny bit of thought into considering maybe thinking it might happen.
That may be, but I prefer to approach these things like Garrus, expect the worst and I may be pleasantly surprised. Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:
That may be, but I prefer to approach these things like Garrus, expect the worst and I may be pleasantly surprised. Spike
Or just do what I'll do:

Believe that it'll never happen, but if they all turn into alicorns for more than 1 episode or for a reason that makes no sense, then I'll just stop watching the show.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:44 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:
The thing that people don't realize is that taobao is the chinese factory company that makes the toys. It's also why I can buy toys before they actually come out too. The toys you find on ebay or what have you that haven't even been released yet aren't knock offs, they're the actual product being sold. You can already buy the alicorn fluttershy toy cause it is a official hasbro toy being made in the factories that actually produce the hasbro toys. What did you think americans makie the toys you buy or something? The reason why I got a hold of half of my toys before they were even being sold is that hasbro commissions the factory to manufacture the toys and at night they have night shifts to sell the toys themselves instead of hasbro selling them. I can get a hold of the prototype toys, they're expensive though, cause they are actual hasbro prototypes and actual hasbro toys, they just haven't reached the shelves yet.

In short it is a actual hasbro toy cause the actual factory where their toys are made is taobao.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:34 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Formis_Fluttergod wrote:That may be, but I prefer to approach these things like Garrus, expect the worst and I may be pleasantly surprised. Spike
Or just do what I'll do:

Believe that it'll never happen, but if they all turn into alicorns for more than 1 episode or for a reason that makes no sense, then I'll just stop watching the show.
Nah, I think I'll stick with Garrus, the drama is kinda fun and the result is the same anyway. Twilight crazy 
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Formis_Fluttergod wrote:That may be, but I prefer to approach these things like Garrus, expect the worst and I may be pleasantly surprised. Spike
Or just do what I'll do:

Nah, I think I'll stick with Garrus, the drama is kinda fun and the result is the same anyway. Twilight crazy 
Yes, do as Garrus does. The calibrations have to be done, after all. There's no need to talk with your human girlfriend who's saving the galaxy. It doesn't matter that either of you might die at any second, that all life in the galaxy might be extinguished by an unknowable and ancient intelligence. All that matters is that you finish your calibrations.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:I'm gonna guess there's going to be an episode where Twilight accidentally turns everybody into alicorns and reverses it afterwards.

One-time event in an episode, that would be interesting and maybe even fun, the other option is just scary to think about.
In all seriousness though, I'd actually be okay with everyone becoming an alicorn. To be honest, it's better than Twilight watching her friends grow old and die one by one.

Also, because I just have to use this image every time Twilicorn is mentioned...

Everypony will be alicorns... MOkPe62
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:14 am

Scienza wrote:Yes, do as Garrus does. The calibrations have to be done, after all. There's no need to talk with your human girlfriend who's saving the galaxy. It doesn't matter that either of you might die at any second, that all life in the galaxy might be extinguished by an unknowable and ancient intelligence. All that matters is that you finish your calibrations.
Nah, Shepard is a bro and he's dating Tali, he knows the callibrations need to be done. Spike 
Scienza wrote:In all seriousness though, I'd actually be okay with everyone becoming an alicorn. To be honest, it's better than Twilight watching her friends grow old and die one by one.
Well, if she'd really be forced to outlive her friends, then I'd consider the option as acceptable, though I'd still prefer for her to transform back. However, since the writers said that she's not gonna outlive them (whatever sinister future hides behind that statement) I'd prefer if the rest stayed the same. The fact that alicornhood wouldn't fit most of their characters/personalities put aside.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
Scienza wrote:Yes, do as Garrus does. The calibrations have to be done, after all. There's no need to talk with your human girlfriend who's saving the galaxy. It doesn't matter that either of you might die at any second, that all life in the galaxy might be extinguished by an unknowable and ancient intelligence. All that matters is that you finish your calibrations.
Nah, Shepard is a bro and he's dating Tali, he knows the callibrations need to be done. Spike 
BroShep is. FemShep's gettin' it on with Mister Vakarian.

Everypony will be alicorns... Tumblr_mdn4m3A08d1r48bmjo1_250

Scienza wrote:In all seriousness though, I'd actually be okay with everyone becoming an alicorn. To be honest, it's better than Twilight watching her friends grow old and die one by one.
Well, if she'd really be forced to outlive her friends, then I'd consider the option as acceptable, though I'd still prefer for her to transform back. However, since the writers said that she's not gonna outlive them (whatever sinister future hides behind that statement) I'd prefer if the rest stayed the same. The fact that alicornhood wouldn't fit most of their characters/personalities put aside.
Well, if they're all alicorns, she won't outlive them. And while I agree with you that their personalities might not work well, it certainly does seem like something Marketing would shoehorn in (since they have shoved Princesses in twice in the past).

Also, have I mentioned Forever is Forever? I rant about it a lot, but it seems especially relevant here. 'tis a oneshot about Applejack refusing to make the transformation into an alicorn, slowly growing older while her friends (and OTP) remain eternally young. It consistently makes me cry every time I read it and I love it to bits.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Scienza wrote:
Formis_Fluttergod wrote:Nah, Shepard is a bro and he's dating Tali, he knows the callibrations need to be done. Spike 
Well I never played FemShep, so for me Garrus is just a bro. :)

Well, if they're all alicorns, she won't outlive them.
That's why I mentioned a potentially sinister future. Hasbro would have to be really desperate (or greedy) to ruin the characters in this way, and that Fluttercorn toy isn't helping.

And while I agree with you that their personalities might not work well, it certainly does seem like something Marketing would shoehorn in (since they have shoved Princesses in twice in the past).
True, but one was a new character and the other was somewhat justified by story progression, since the show was mostly about Twilight from the start.
Unless they absolutely don't care about consistency, they're gonna have a hard time making proper character development for the rest of the mane 6 to become alicorns/princesses in some believeable and justified way. At least for me anyway.

Also, have I mentioned Forever is Forever? I rant about it a lot, but it seems especially relevant here. 'tis a oneshot about Applejack refusing to make the transformation into an alicorn, slowly growing older while her friends (and OTP) remain eternally young. It consistently makes me cry every time I read it and I love it to bits.
Yeah, AJ is the most unlikely of the mane 6 to become an alicorn if you ask me, she wouldn't like it one bit. Guess I'll "Read It and Weep". Is it on FiMFiction?
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Formis_Fluttergod wrote:Nah, Shepard is a bro and he's dating Tali, he knows the callibrations need to be done. Spike 
Well I never played FemShep, so for me Garrus is just a bro. :)
Greatest bro.

Well, if they're all alicorns, she won't outlive them.
That's why I mentioned a potentially sinister future. Hasbro would have to be really desperate (or greedy) to ruin the characters in this way, and that Fluttercorn toy isn't helping.

And while I agree with you that their personalities might not work well, it certainly does seem like something Marketing would shoehorn in (since they have shoved Princesses in twice in the past).
True, but one was a new character and the other was somewhat justified by story progression, since the show was mostly about Twilight from the start. 
Unless they absolutely don't care about consistency, they're gonna have a hard time making proper character development for the rest of the mane 6 to become alicorns/princesses in some believeable and justified way. At least for me anyway.
The reason why this concerns me is that this is what a lot of folks were saying when Equestria Girls was just a rumor. And then it happened.

Yeah, AJ is the most unlikely of the mane 6 to become an alicorn if you ask me, she wouldn't like it one bit. Guess I'll "Read It and Weep". Is it on FiMFiction?
Bizaam!
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:40 am

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Hasbro's going crazy, everyone will have wings, EVERYONE! Twilight crazy 

Oh well, dragons are supposed to have wings anyway, it's just a matter of time before Spike grows a pair as well. Spike 
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:55 am

as entertaining as it would be to have AJ with horn and wings and immortality, to see all of her family die.... I don't think that's going to happen.

Also, nobody ever said that alicorns are immortal. We know only two that lived for few thousands of years and they also control celestial bodies all by themselves.
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.adalbertus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am

Adalbertus wrote:as entertaining as it would be to have AJ with horn and wings and immortality, to see all of her family die.... I don't think that's going to happen.

Also, nobody ever said that alicorns are immortal. We know only two that lived for few thousands of years and they also control celestial bodies all by themselves.
Well, not all of her family. Granny Smith's pretty much immortal.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:04 am

true... can't we approximate how old is she based on the apple family reunion episode? I can't remember if anyone tired that <_<
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:43 am

Adalbertus wrote:true... can't we approximate how old is she based on the apple family reunion episode? I can't remember if anyone tired that <_<
You might be able to get an approximate time since the first reunion by analyzing the number of squares in the quilt, but since we don't know exact ages of the Mane 6 or of the CMC, we can't know how quickly poneses age, and thus can't get more exact than approximate amounts.

It's obviously because Granny Smith is older than Celestia.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adalbertus Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am

well, I think there is a set time between the reunions... 100 moons I think? That's 8 years and 4 months assuming roughly moon cycle ~= month nowe we just need a number of reunions :P
Adalbertus
Adalbertus
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:54 am

Adalbertus wrote:well, I think there is a set time between the reunions... 100 moons I think? That's 8 years and 4 months assuming roughly moon cycle ~= month nowe we just need a number of reunions :P
Which is where the quilt comes in, since they've been adding to it since the first one. If we could calculate the rate at which patches are added...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next